Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: City Plaza En Bloc

People hanging out in this area not exactly rich.

Look at One KM mall, many shops cannot survive liao.

How will the developer resell the units at a high price just to break even?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus View Post

Where exactly are these people? The problem is density which PLQ will change all that. Its a growth area. You are seeing the early days of a decentralised site mentioned in URA concept plan. 55K people in that area.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/Corporate/Pla...commercial-hub

As investors, we need to see where the ball is going and not where it is now.

I am vested in D14 so I am bias. Bought PPR in March 2017. Lets see....

Default to

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    There are so many en-bloc sites these days that I am getting a little confused. Developers calling the shots now.

Casa Meyfort has zero bidders based on their reserved price. $2,600psf at Meyer Road is a tough sell when completed. Looks like they have to go back to drawing board. Thats district 15. Another joins the fray but only LH. http://sbr.com.sg/residential-proper...owers-launched

District 14 do not have as many so slightly better chance? Speed is now as important as price for large sites like City Plaza. Again, all the best!
    Apart from the district,what is more crucial is the difference in zoning. City Plaza is a full commercial site and so itís not like the residential. We havenít had a big commercial site launched recently so we will have to see how the market responds. My guess is that this will attract the big players , more likely foreign Developers as locals donít have deep pockets. Possibly foreign Developers will team up with local counterparts to jointly bid.

I doubt the buyer will re - sell the units. Just like One KM. Commercial units are only being leased. Holding a FH commercial building in this area will provide the developer yield for years to come. The idea of applying for approval for Medical suites has also been brought up so alternatively that may be a possibility.

There are people from dist 15 who do go to One KM and I agree that this is a growth area so with PLQ completed they will have more reason to hang out in this shopping belt. Currently retail isnít doing well anywhere but developers think Long term so they may think differently. Anyway we will have to see how this goes.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast