Thread: Newbie here

Default Newbie here

hi my name is Gabi I am new here nice to meet you all

P.S.

sorry if I post in a wrong place, I try to find more convenient place but couldn't

Hi Gabi

Welcome to the forum
    Can share your main objectives in joining this forum?

sure, I was advised by one of my friends, and now after little time I really realize that my friend was true, because here I find for me so much useful info that I couldn't find anywhere

There is always 3 side to an investment decision

Buy, Sell, Hold

This forum is not as exciting as in 2008-2011 that time, where money in property market was big, good and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post

Buy, Sell, Hold

This forum is not as exciting as in 2008-2011 that time, where money in property market was big, good and fast.
    At this market now, should we buy, sell or hold?

Quote Originally Posted by DMCK View Post
    Depends on your needs and what you have and how u read the market

Share with us what you have and we share our 5 cents worth of knowledge.

The more you share the higher is the knowledge we share.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post

yup ur right, share as details as Mr Arcachon

I tried to start a new thread but don't know how. Pardon me for posting this message here.

Amendments to the Building Maintenance and Strata Management Act

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore...eef-governance

"The BCA is also seeking to make it an offence for MCSTs to prevent owners from installing safety fixtures, such as safety grilles to protect children, when there are no design guidelines for the development.

There have been recent cases of management councils forbidding owners from carrying out such installations on the basis that it would “affect the building’s appearance”. In January 2015, the Strata Titles Board — which mediates in disputes involving unit owners and management councils — ruled in favour of a family that was twice refused permission to install a grille in the balcony of their 13th-level unit in One North Residences, located at 7 One-North Gateway, after seeing their four-year-old daughter try to climb over it. Among other things, the MCST argued that the grilles would not keep up the building’s appearance, as stipulated under its by-laws, and would obstruct the maintenance of a glass wall.

But the board found that the “children’s safety must be paramount, even if the grilles may affect the appearance of the building”."

My question is:

With these amendments, what kind of fixtures can we install on the balcony in future? Can we change the balcony into a small room? I am interested in the ways to maximize the use of balcony space.

Many thanks for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Developer View Post
    I tried to start a new thread but don't know how. Pardon me for posting this message here.

"The BCA is also seeking to make it an offence for MCSTs to prevent owners from installing safety fixtures, such as safety grilles to protect children, when there are no design guidelines for the development.

There have been recent cases of management councils forbidding owners from carrying out such installations on the basis that it would “affect the building’s appearance”. In January 2015, the Strata Titles Board — which mediates in disputes involving unit owners and management councils — ruled in favour of a family that was twice refused permission to install a grille in the balcony of their 13th-level unit in One North Residences, located at 7 One-North Gateway, after seeing their four-year-old daughter try to climb over it. Among other things, the MCST argued that the grilles would not keep up the building’s appearance, as stipulated under its by-laws, and would obstruct the maintenance of a glass wall.

But the board found that the “children’s safety must be paramount, even if the grilles may affect the appearance of the building”."

My question is:

With these amendments, what kind of fixtures can we install on the balcony in future? Can we change the balcony into a small room? I am interested in the ways to maximize the use of balcony space.

Invisible grille
    You cannot change it to a room

If it is a very old condo (or HDB) and the MA is very bochap, u can even install windows to box everything up. But for new condos, u can forget it.

The closest which I came to exploring a possible conversion is through the installation of smart windows. http://www.smartwindows.com.sg/.

But even so, my request was turned down by the MA. If this is possible, cos theoretically this is a non-fixture, then called conversion into a room becomes possible.

Buy, Sell, Hold

Agree. Miss those days, and miss the crowd. Some are still around, but mostly gone.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian View Post
    Agree. Miss those days, and miss the crowd. Some are still around, but mostly gone.
    No choice, had to discourage the large scale speculation by reducing qualifying demand.

Slow simmer instead of overboiling. The WhatsApp channels are incredibly active though.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian View Post
    Oops, u joined about the same time as time
    I am not longer playing properties, hard game to play and did not see much of capital appreciation...low yield...

Thanks Laguna. Thanks new2mondrian.

I will check with Smartwindows and see what they have. They should know what is normally allowed. I think those shown on their website are "invisible grilles".

Do you think that the amendments to the Act imply the rule will be more flexible in future?

"The BCA is also seeking to make it an offence for MCSTs to prevent owners from installing safety fixtures, such as safety grilles…."

- even "fixtures" can be installed.

If it enclose the balcony / PES , then all do so, then affecting the GFA...
    In short, no way can be flexible in this

I see. Thanks Laguna.

Quote Originally Posted by Developer View Post

My question is:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/917833728302212/

Thanks Arcachon.

yup ur right, share as details as Mr Arcachon
    Alright! I have 2 properties, OCR PC 3 bedder bought at 2013 with 0.5m loan, 4 room HDB fully paid with rental 1.9k
    Household income 9+-, no car no maid and others loan
    2 kids poly year 1 and P6
    Both of us in our 40s and cash on hand 200k

We intend to stay in PC 10 years and move back HDB, sell or rent PC depends on the market

Hope to hear some advises what should we do on our portfolio, we know nothing about investment on stocks and shares

Alright! I have 2 properties, OCR PC 3 bedder bought at 2013 with 0.5m loan, 4 room HDB fully paid with rental 1.9k

We intend to stay in PC 10 years and move back HDB, sell or rent PC depends on the market

Hope to hear some advises what should we do on our portfolio, we know nothing about investment on stocks and shares
    40s 49 also 40s

When you talk property every detail count.

Household income 9+- before or after CPF remember detail count in making or sharing decision.

If you don't give detail can only share non detail property advise.

Buy

40s 49 also 40s

Household income 9+- before or after CPF remember detail count in making or sharing decision.

Buy
    Listen to the expert

40s 49 also 40s

Buy
    48 & 45..total income before CPF

my income is fixed and my wife is not, sometime more or less

Your accumulation of 2 properties based on stated household income is a pretty good achievement by Sg's standard. No car No maid is the key?
    Sit on passive income with one of the property to pay the outstanding mortgage would be wise.
    Keeping some liquidity would be good for rainy days and possibly more liquid investments like blue chip stocks for dividends.
    To leverage on another property would be risky as cycle of boom and gloom will come again.
    Also ABSD, SSD have eradicated any chance of short term prop speculation. (Heard of the 90s days when a unit bought within the week or even day can be traded easily for 50-100k profit? long gone and but for the better).

Most probably timing is the key and when you unwind timing will also be the key as to how big the boost u get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reisor View Post
    Your accumulation of 2 properties based on stated household income is a pretty good achievement by Sg's standard. No car No maid is the key?
    Sit on passive income with one of the property to pay the outstanding mortgage would be wise.
    Keeping some liquidity would be good for rainy days and possibly more liquid investments like blue chip stocks for dividends.
    To leverage on another property would be risky as cycle of boom and gloom will come again.
    Also ABSD, SSD have eradicated any chance of short term prop speculation. (Heard of the 90s days when a unit bought within the week or even day can be traded easily for 50-100k profit? long gone and but for the better).