Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stress and lost

Default Stress and lost

Been on the look out for few months for job and have not found any. Feel jaded, confuse and upset with myself for not enterprising to create value in me in current job market. I am still servicing housing loan for my HDB flat and thinking how to break out of the dire situation now. Feel helpless, distress and listless.

List out all properties value and loan ...

might want to cut loss?

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs View Post
    List out all properties value and loan ...

might want to cut loss?
    I dun have any more. Just have a 4rm HDB flat. Been struggling with mixed feeling and thoughts. Wondering what can/should I do to improve the situation. The stress level is mounting and gradually building up. Really wanted so much to fix that knot inside my heart.

Do you have a family to support and is your flat eligible for room rental? If so, why not rent one room out to ease your finances?

Quote Originally Posted by TravieJackie View Post
    Do you have a family to support and is your flat eligible for room rental? If so, why not rent one room out to ease your finances?
    Well...I can repeat again on my family members structure and please dun label me as troll.

2 parents
    2 parents in law
    1 brother in law
    1 dog
    1 wife
    2 kids

Now we all squeeze inside 4 rm HDB flat after my failed plan and job loss. In fact, both my wife and myself lost our jobs. Not easy and how I wish I could just let off that pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan View Post
    I dun have any more. Just have a 4rm HDB flat. Been struggling with mixed feeling and thoughts. Wondering what can/should I do to improve the situation. The stress level is mounting and gradually building up. Really wanted so much to fix that knot inside my heart.
    What happened to your parent and in law place?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    We sold and invest into the landed in Mt Sinai; and I kinda flop because unexpected crisis in my employment and other reason(s).

what happened to your parent and parent-in-law HDB flats? You sold all for the 3 HDB (including yours) for you Mount Sinai dream landed property?

Drive Uber / Grab first

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    what happened to your parent and parent-in-law HDB flats? You sold all for the 3 HDB (including yours) for you Mount Sinai dream landed property?

Drive Uber / Grab first
    Yes, I sold my parent's and in-law HDB to finance the landed. Totally lost it when employment crisis came last year. Have sold our car and downgraded immediately to cut losses. However immediate challenge on the table has to be address which is my family expenses and the challenge to get both my wife and myself to regain employment to get it up and going again.

The stress is there and I am calibrating myself to cope with the mounting stress.

We sold and invest into the landed in Mt Sinai; and I kinda flop because unexpected crisis in my employment and other reason(s).
    But you only earned below 3k right? Uber / Grab easily will earn above 3K leh...

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quickly sell the landed and buy some resale Maisonette to stabilise.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Yes, I sold my parent's and in-law HDB to finance the landed. Totally lost it when employment crisis came last year. Have sold our car and downgraded immediately to cut losses. However immediate challenge on the table has to be address which is my family expenses and the challenge to get both my wife and myself to regain employment to get it up and going again.

The stress is there and I am calibrating myself to cope with the mounting stress.
    If you sold the landed and bought a 4 room flat, there should be some money left? Go WDA for help.

Maybe try one of the following:
    1. Uber/taxi driver
    2. Real estate agent
    3. Sell online
    4. Apply for jobs overseas
    5. Get any lower pay job
    6. Become a youtuber
    7. Rent your room on airbnb
    8. Join political party
    9. Join religious organization
    10. Join gang

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Quickly sell the landed and buy some resale Maisonette to stabilise.
    Yeah, why not sell the Landed?

Is it still within the 4-year SSD period?

Is it currently being rented out for income?

Wahaha two thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post
    Maybe try one of the following:
    1. Uber/taxi driver
    2. Real estate agent
    3. Sell online
    4. Apply for jobs overseas
    5. Get any lower pay job
    6. Become a youtuber
    7. Rent your room on airbnb
    8. Join political party
    9. Join religious organization
    10. Join gang

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Are you still holding on your landed?

I think you should sell it away ... based on your previous threads it appear you have raised 2.15m by selling 3 x HDBs and 1 apartment ...

As what other forumers here mentioned, drive uber/grab might be a good start while looking for other job.

Your brother in law still has job right? you mentioned it was 3K?

Definitely, he is not holding his landed, unless he used other's name to buy HDB

Well...I can repeat again on my family members structure and please dun label me as troll.

2 parents
    2 parents in law
    1 brother in law
    1 dog
    1 wife
    2 kids

Now we all squeeze inside 4 rm HDB flat after my failed plan and job loss. In fact, both my wife and myself lost our jobs. Not easy and how I wish I could just let off that pressure.
    Be a Uber/Grab driver, or go sign up with HDT taxi and earn a fixed income of $1900 per month. Get a CEA license and operate as a housing agent as a sideline. Wife can also go out to work. Register with WDA job bank. Accept whatever jobs out there to make sure family finances can balance.

Lastly, don't waste internet charges and your time by checking in this forum. Time is money. Go work for it, and good luck.

In fact, YoweTan is rarely in this forum already. He used to be very active.

He needs to move on, a person can be down but not OUT

Some grab / uber drivers i met can earn up to 5k a month. Working 10 hours a day.
    Another way is to have 2 drivers sharing the same licence / car to maximize the compensation.

I can only pray for you to find your next job.

I always prepare for the day to be jobless although they pay me peanut.

2 parents
    2 parents in law
    1 brother in law
    1 dog
    1 wife
    2 kids

Better don't put everything in one basket including properties and families... Diversification is key.

Quote Originally Posted by anythingwhatever View Post
    Better don't put everything in one basket including properties and humans... Diversify.
    Too late, now is the corrective action to be taken immediately.

The first to go is the Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by anythingwhatever View Post
    Better don't put everything in one basket including properties and families... Diversification is key.
    Actually I warned him before. People trying to buy more HDBs and / or units of private housing. Even those trying to buy single units buy dual key or tri key to split the units but he is the only joker to reduce units to 1.

Now govt regulations max 6 unrelated persons he also kenna, want to rent also cannot.

From more units reduce is easy. From 1 unit increase more is very very difficult, and reduce to 0 means homeless...

Never listen...

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

2 parents
    2 parents in law
    1 brother in law
    1 dog
    1 wife
    2 kids

Your parents and parents in law may be eligible for the highly subsidized hdb rental flats. You can move in with them and rent out your 4 room for some income. In the meantime get whatever job you can find.

Hang in there, happiness will be back again. Ganbatte Kudasai!

Wife can apply to be a school canteen vendor. Rental is cheap, and startup cost is low. Working hours will largely follow school + CCA hours (can get home by 5pm), so can tend to the kids.

https://schadmsvc.moe.gov.sg/moescas/

Yowetan can explore the following :

1) be a Uber/Grab driver cum housing agent (monetise his hours listening to property chatter on this forum)

2) double up as Deliveroo despatch during office lunch hours. $9 per food delivery, so getting at least 5 deliveries per day between 1130-2pm lunch peak ard cbd is very possible. He doesn't even need a car for this. A bicycle around Raffles Place can be even cheaper (no erp) and faster.

Combined earnings of $6k-$7k per month with husband and wife clocking the hours and working hard is possible. Get the income flowing, and don't dwell on past mistakes. There are many different opportunities and pathways in Singapore.

whoa what happened here? long time never see your post suddenly like that.

your mt sinai you had paid up equity of 2m from your 3x HDB previously, the landed property price crashed or what? I don't recall past few years mt sinai landed crashed?
    so if you can't repay the outstanding loan and house repossessed, you should still have balance equity from the sale.

for sure, the dog definitely need to be put up for adoption .

anyway best of luck, hope things turn around soon.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian View Post
    Wife can apply to be a school canteen vendor. Rental is cheap, and startup cost is low. Working hours will largely follow school + CCA hours (can get home by 5pm), so can tend to the kids.

https://schadmsvc.moe.gov.sg/moescas/

Yowetan can explore the following :

1) be a Uber/Grab driver cum housing agent (monetise his hours listening to property chatter on this forum)

2) double up as Deliveroo despatch during office lunch hours. $9 per food delivery, so getting at least 5 deliveries per day between 1130-2pm lunch peak ard cbd is very possible. He doesn't even need a car for this. A bicycle around Raffles Place can be even cheaper (no erp) and faster.

Combined earnings of $6k-$7k per month with husband and wife clocking the hours and working hard is possible. Get the income flowing, and don't dwell on past mistakes. There are many different opportunities and pathways in Singapore.
    Sound Advice.

E-Scooters should do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop View Post
    Your parents and parents in law may be eligible for the highly subsidized hdb rental flats. You can move in with them and rent out your 4 room for some income. In the meantime get whatever job you can find.

Hang in there, happiness will be back again. Ganbatte Kudasai!
    Brother in law more than 35 year old can get his own BTO also.