Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D-10 looking for condo

Quote Originally Posted by Party View Post
    Shelford suites is nice freehold however monthly maint is fr $690/-
    Any idea on Jervois Lodge?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

What I know is that for estate between 100-400 units, maintenance fees for a 3BR condo unit should be >$400 pm to $1000 pm. Anything less than $400 pm, the estate is probably poorly maintained or has no security guard or just 1 guard.

1 security guard per shift (2 shifts per day) already costs about >$3800 pm (used to be about $2500 pm).

1 Cleaner now costs >$2000 pm (used to be about $1200 pm).

Note that above are not their salaries, but what the vendor company quote us (their salaries are obviously lower since the company take a big cut).

Security guards and cleaners' salaries have all gone up by a lot because of Min wages implemented for them - now >=$1500 pm for security guards and >=$1000 pm for cleaners.

Brace for more increases to come, this time for landscaping workers (because they will soon have Min wage!) etc!
    Also, water bills going to go up by 30%!
    And coming next is carbon taxes, which will increase your estate's electricity bills by possibly +30% as well!

You should brace for maintenance fees to go up by another 15-30% in coming few years!

Quote Originally Posted by DCC View Post
    I have asked this question before - the maint fees of many condos are ridiculously high, but no one response.
    e.g. cosmopolitan (2 bed rms) - SGD 733 per month, trilight (2 rms) - SGD 650 per month, many condos (only 1000sq ft) charge SGD 700 per month!

Some sale persons of new launch projects are honest, they tell me that after I buy the condo, the maint fees would be doubled to over SGD 700 after 2 years. They tell me to aware of it =.=

After I buy the condo, I become a tenant and work for the management companies!

Stay in HDB.... conservancy fees guaranteed to stay below $400 pm. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    What I know is that for estate between 100-400 units, maintenance fees for a 3BR condo unit should be >$400 pm to $1000 pm. Anything less than $400 pm, the estate is probably poorly maintained or has no security guard or just 1 guard.

1 security guard per shift (2 shifts per day) already costs about >$3800 pm (used to be about $2500 pm).

1 Cleaner now costs >$2000 pm (used to be about $1200 pm).

Note that above are not their salaries, but what the vendor company quote us (their salaries are obviously lower since the company take a big cut).

Security guards and cleaners' salaries have all gone up by a lot because of Min wages implemented for them - now >=$1500 pm for security guards and >=$1000 pm for cleaners.

Brace for more increases to come, this time for landscaping workers (because they will soon have Min wage!) etc!
    Also, water bills going to go up by 30%!
    And coming next is carbon taxes, which will increase your estate's electricity bills by possibly +30% as well!

You should brace for maintenance fees to go up by another 15-30% in coming few years!
    Good work in mapping out the costs breakdown. You serve in the condo MC?

Projects with extensive landscaping, concierge services, multiple private lifts (good luck when lift modernisation comes around after the development reaches 15-20 years), lots of swimming pools... the levy charges and maintenance fees will never come cheap. The best thing one can hope for is that there are tonnes of units within the development to share out the joy, and costs.

Cavenagh garden 3 bed rooms monthly 170 , Pacific Mansion monthly 228.

No wonder these estates are in such badly maintained shape..............

Quote Originally Posted by oldfreehold View Post
    Cavenagh garden 3 bed rooms monthly 170 , Pacific Mansion monthly 228.

You brought up a good point - Those condo estates with private lifts (and not high-rise), they better brace for huge maintenance increase when the lift is about 20 years old (the replacement will cost a bomb!)............

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian View Post
    Good work in mapping out the costs breakdown. You serve in the condo MC?

Projects with extensive landscaping, concierge services, multiple private lifts (good luck when lift modernisation comes around after the development reaches 15-20 years), lots of swimming pools... the levy charges and maintenance fees will never come cheap. The best thing one can hope for is that there are tonnes of units within the development to share out the joy, and costs.

You brought up a good point - Those condo estates with private lifts (and not high-rise), they better brace for huge maintenance increase when the lift is about 20 years old (the replacement will cost a bomb!)............
    Haha or keep putting off the lifts replacement, and convert into a walk-up! A development with private lifts serving only two stacks, will seriously be looking at at least 10 lifts to modernise each time. *gasp*

Seriously I am not sure if a condo that is low rise (e.g. Up to 5 storeys) can even get the motion of modernising the lifts passed at the AGM/EGM. I reckon the first and second floor SPs will vote against the motion. The only people may vote for the modernisation will be the 4th and 5th floor dwellers. Seriously the whole thing may get stuck in limbo, and the development becomes a walk-up. No test case in Sgp so far, but I'd like to see how it pans out.

Haha same for those condos with lots of private longkangs, aka swimming pools, within each unit. Over time water seepage and spalling concrete will be inevitable. The water proofing itself will be another bomb...
    Last edited by new2mondrian; 11-08-17 at 23:16.

I don't think those low rise (like up to 5 storeys) have private lifts?
    Private lifts are relatively newer phenomenon (something like for the past 10+ years) when developers try to sell common areas to owners in the estate!
    Anyway, if estates don't overhaul and upgrade their lifts past 20 years, they will start to see situations like what happened to those lifts in HDB flats (free fall, jerk up and down etc?). The only difference is that those HDB flats' lifts problems have to do with using cheapest vendors..............

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian View Post
    Haha or keep putting off the lifts replacement, and convert into a walk-up! A development with private lifts serving only two stacks, will seriously be looking at at least 10 lifts to modernise each time. *gasp*

Seriously I am not sure if a condo that is low rise (e.g. Up to 5 storeys) can even get the motion of modernising the lifts passed at the AGM/EGM. I reckon the first and second floor SPs will vote against the motion. The only people may vote for the modernisation will be the 4th and 5th floor dwellers. Seriously the whole thing may get stuck in limbo, and the development becomes a walk-up. No test case in Sgp so far, but I'd like to see how it pans out.

Haha same for those condos with lots of private longkangs, aka swimming pools, within each unit. Over time water seepage and spalling concrete will be inevitable. The water proofing itself will be another bomb...

These twins mostly bought for rental , maintenance lower is better. Buy for the piece of freehold land. LH Martin modern cost 595M. How Much should these two ask for ? If buy for rental , no need to spend too much on maintenance which will affect your yield badly.

Tenants will always choose these as their last resort (because their rentals are cheap?)

Quote Originally Posted by oldfreehold View Post
    These twins mostly bought for rental , maintenance lower is better. Buy for the piece of freehold land. LH Martin modern cost 595M. How Much should these two ask for ? If buy for rental , no need to spend too much on maintenance which will affect your yield badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Khng8 View Post
    Maybe you want to start a new thread on maintenance fee and all can chipped in so that we can have a good benchmark of who is charging what for the size of development, facilities etc.
    Eg Cosmopolitan 2bdrm as you mentioned is $733, we can find out what comparable projects (eg Urbana, Trillium etc) in the vicinity is charging to compare.
    Here you go:
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...995#post529995

Quote Originally Posted by DCC View Post
    I have asked this question before - the maint fees of many condos are ridiculously high, but no one response.
    e.g. cosmopolitan (2 bed rms) - SGD 733 per month, trilight (2 rms) - SGD 650 per month, many condos (only 1000sq ft) charge SGD 700 per month!

Some sale persons of new launch projects are honest, they tell me that after I buy the condo, the maint fees would be doubled to over SGD 700 after 2 years. They tell me to aware of it =.=

After I buy the condo, I become a tenant and work for the management companies!
    Based on what I understood from agents, recent RCR projects such as Sims Urban Oasis and TRE Residences charge around $300 - 350 per month for 3-4BR units...

Are these going to double to $700 two years after TOP? Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by anythingwhatever View Post
    Based on what I understood from agents, recent RCR projects such as Sims Urban Oasis and TRE Residences charge around $300 - 350 per month for 3-4BR units...

Are these going to double to $700 two years after TOP? Wow...
    Can share is the info from a Council member or another those hear say.

Now a day got a lot of hear say, living in the well and tell the world how big is the sky.

Fact and figures please if possible link to your info otherwise put a disclaimer.

I don't think those low rise (like up to 5 storeys) have private lifts?
    Private lifts are relatively newer phenomenon (something like for the past 10+ years) when developers try to sell common areas to owners in the estate!
    Got lah. D'Ecosia by Hong Lai Huat Construction at East Coast, launched in 2001. 73 units, 5 storey development, and each unit with private lifts.

Recent low rise developments (e.g. the Glynebourne) with private lifts are dime a dozen. One lift serving 5 units, when modernisation comes, will really be good luck to the SPs.

Agree, I have folks in one of them and they always have complaints registered about the dirty surroundings but nothing done and my friend have no choice but leave the condo since MC didn't do anything....

Doubt the MC will want to do anything because there are usually 3 kind of MCs that will allow their estate to become run-down:

1) Try not to spend any money (at all costs, including letting the estate run-down) so that they don't have to pay so much maintenance funds.

2) Some MC members (usually is the Chairman but may include other members in collusion with the Chairman) want to benefit from the estate maintenance jobs (always giving to same old few companies they are related to). Pay a lot of money but very little real work done.

3) Aiming for enbloc, so purposely make the estate so run-down so that people will be convinced to sign up for enbloc.

Heard Cavengh Garden many aiming for enbloc?

Quote Originally Posted by SBNB View Post
    Agree, I have folks in one of them and they always have complaints registered about the dirty surroundings but nothing done and my friend have no choice but leave the condo since MC didn't do anything....

Cavenagh garden very poorly maintained, dun know what's the plot ratio, might have height restrictions for new development ? Pacific Mansion slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by SBNB View Post
    Hi all,

I am looking for decent condo in D-10 area due to kids in hwa chong and Henry park. Budget around 1.5-1.8m and preferably minimum 1200 sq ft with freehold status. For own stay and long term purchase with definite move by mid next year .

All the comments welcome
    Thanks
    Do you mind old condo? Transacted ph below this asking price:-

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...%7Ctl3%7C2%7C1

Or can you leave with large terraces but 2 bedrooms. Glentrees is a beautiful and quiet estate. My friend stays at one of the penthouse, visited it recently, left the place with a very good impression.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-glentrees

Tessarina is also a nice development. Not sure if this unit faces Bukit Timah Rd or not. If not, this is a good deal.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-the-tessarina

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by HP65 View Post

Tessarina is also a nice development. Not sure if this unit faces Bukit Timah Rd or not. If not, this is a good deal.
    This estate has a basement carpark? If not wrong, it was so badly flooded years back and all cars damaged.

http://bukittimah.net/2011/06/tessar...waters-at-bay/

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    This estate has a basement carpark? If not wrong, it was so badly flooded years back and all cars damaged.

http://bukittimah.net/2011/06/tessar...waters-at-bay/
    Was quite bad in 2010/ 2011. After the flood, they installed flood gates and alarm system. My understanding is the car park has not encountered any flooding since.

Side track from the thread...

on Maintenance charges..

I live in D10, FH,

land 8xx,000 sqft

4xx units

i pay less than $500 per mth on maintenance charges.

We have 3 entrances (3 sets of security guards)

our highest expenses are :
    security guards
    landscaping ( over 800,000 sqft land)

over the years , we have accumulated over $6mil in sinking funds...hence we can afford to still pay only $4xx per month for 3 bedroom units.

we have in house staffs... technicians and cleaners. They have been with us for many many years.

It is true that new condos are charging really high maintenance fees.

Like many said, it will go higher....

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post

on Maintenance charges..

I live in D10, FH,

land 8xx,000 sqft

4xx units

security guards

over the years , we have accumulated over $6mil in sinking funds...hence we can afford to still pay only $4xx per month for 3 bedroom units.

we have in house staffs... technicians and cleaners. They have been with us for many many years.

we have in house staffs... technicians and cleaners.

Can share how to have in house staffs... technicians and cleaners.

3 sets of security guards?
    You mean 3 security guards per shift and 2 shifts per day or 6 security guards per shift and 2 shifts per day?

on Maintenance charges..

I live in D10, FH,

land 8xx,000 sqft

4xx units

security guards

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    we have in house staffs... technicians and cleaners.

Can share how to have in house staffs... technicians and cleaners.

employed since TOP by the developer ...

managed and report to MA..

each gate has 2 guards, 3 gates, and 1 gate at club house ..

so day time 7
    night 6 (club house close )

3 sets of security guards?
    You mean 3 security guards per shift and 2 shifts per day or 6 security guards per shift and 2 shifts per day?
    2 shifts per day...

total 7 guards in the day and 6 guards in the night..

we used to have buggy for the guards...but long time ago ... think the mcst got rid of it ...

i know my guards use Segway..or Segway lookalike...

employed since TOP by the developer ...

managed and report to MA..
    By Developer?

[QUOTE=proud owner;530130]Side track from the thread...

on Maintenance charges..

I live in D10, FH,

land 8xx,000 sqft

4xx units

[QUOTE]

Excuse me, as I am still looking for condo (really tough to buy a good condo now), would you please let me know which estate you are living in? you can send private message to me.

I guess it is Spanish Village or tanglin park.

Sommerville Park .1.5-1.8M can not get la. those townhouse very nice.