Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D-10 looking for condo

Default D-10 looking for condo

Hi all,

I am looking for decent condo in D-10 area due to kids in hwa chong and Henry park. Budget around 1.5-1.8m and preferably minimum 1200 sq ft with freehold status. For own stay and long term purchase with definite move by mid next year .

All the comments welcome
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SBNB View Post
    Hi all,

I am looking for decent condo in D-10 area due to kids in hwa chong and Henry park. Budget around 1.5-1.8m and preferably minimum 1200 sq ft with freehold status. For own stay and long term purchase with definite move by mid next year .

All the comments welcome
    Thanks
    Can I help you post in propertyguru?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Can I help you post in propertyguru?
    Yeah if it may help... however I am not sure if I can get in that budget since suddenly the price in CCR gone very high. My agent suggested Quinterra which in LH...

Yeah if it may help... however I am not sure if I can get in that budget since suddenly the price in CCR gone very high. My agent suggested Quinterra which in LH...
    You never try, you never know.

Hi all,

All the comments welcome
    Thanks
    Good schools, envy...

Posted to propertyguru, waiting for their review before posting to the agent net.

Quote Originally Posted by anythingwhatever View Post
    Good schools, envy...
    Agree, all school are Good school in Singapore but some are Better.

My son was in the 400 NUS High but did not make it to the 180 in 2006.

He got into a girl school at Duman High, but I move him to France for his Secondary (Collège Henri Dheurle) and A level education(Lycée François Magendie).

http://www.magendie.net/
    Last edited by Arcachon; 10-08-17 at 10:09.

Time wait for no Man, already 10 years, how many 10 years does one have.

Posted to propertyguru, waiting for their review before posting to the agent net.
    Thank you, yes lets wait... all the condos that are within budget are LH, what is your view about Hillcrest Arcadia?

Quote Originally Posted by anythingwhatever View Post
    Good schools, envy...
    But no enough budget to stay near also a problem

Totally agree, that's why I want to bite the bullet now itself rather wait further.

But no enough budget to stay near also a problem
    Already got in right? No issues, just a matter of spending a bit more time commuting...

suddenly the price in CCR gone very high. .
    Yes, I am also very surprise too.

Suddenly, lots of ppl visiting and buying condos....no matter it is new launch or 2nd hand........ don't know where their money comes from.....

I need to go for an another round of house visit in this weekend, which is very painful.

I do find that some commuting for the kids build character (~1 hour). These days, when they demand everything to be instantly gratified, patience is fast becoming scarce. I rode my beat up mountain bike (my dad insists that I paid for it myself) to my Goodman Road secondary school every morning. Avoiding all the expensive car traffic built up every morning. Faster than my dad's friend 911 sometimes...

Now CCR resale all went up. Last year when I was hunting for properties, Freehold 3 bed room 1550 sqft Cavengnah garden only asking 1.6M and transacted @ 1.55M, quiet facing stack, not facing CTE. Pacific Mansion 1528 sqft City view top floor unit only asking 1.9M and low floor quiet facing unit only asking 1.7M. Sophia residences 3 Bedder 10xx sqft unit mostly asking 1.7M only. Now look at transaction price, all went up. Should wait or bit the bullet now?

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    I do find that some commuting for the kids build character (~1 hour). These days, when they demand everything to be instantly gratified, patience is fast becoming scarce. I rode my beat up mountain bike (my dad insists that I paid for it myself) to my Goodman Road secondary school every morning. Avoiding all the expensive car traffic built up every morning. Faster than my dad's friend 911 sometimes...
    Parents more affluent these days, hence different. I walked 1km each way, everyday from Sec 1 to Sec 4, come thunderstorms or blistering heat so I can save 25cents each time from having to transfer to another bus that will drop me off the school gate. There were many times when family finances were tight, my Mom couldn't give me any pocket money, and I tabao plain bread to school and walked 4km plus home. One great thing that came out of it. I developed strong legs, and could outrun most of the girls in my class when it came to 2.4km nafta tests.

These days kids are dropped off from one point to another, and hardly have any concept of money. Times have changed; parenting styles and values have also changed.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian View Post
    Parents more affluent these days, hence different. I walked 1km each way, everyday from Sec 1 to Sec 4, come thunderstorms or blistering heat so I can save 25cents each time from having to transfer to another bus that will drop me off the school gate. There were many times when family finances were tight, my Mom couldn't give me any pocket money, and I tabao plain bread to school and walked 4km plus home. One great thing that came out of it. I developed strong legs, and could outrun most of the girls in my class when it came to 2.4km nafta tests.

These days kids are dropped off from one point to another, and hardly have any concept of money. Times have changed; parenting styles and values have also changed.
    Look at where you are now. Money cannot buy character. However, I disagree that parenting style needs to change. Somethings in life like character building principles should never change. Your experiences (I assume) taught you to be prudent and savvy with money. Some folks have all the money but sadly, clearly lacking in the quality department. Some see a narrow street around Orchard as a be it and end, looking down at others. That is something we should never instil in future generation.

I have serious reservations sending my kids to school everyday when they get older. Now that public commuting infrastructure is really advanced compared to the 90s, our parenting style should evolve too in line with LTA schematics.

IMHO, kids should learn to share a ride, give up their seats and understand more about their surroundings and community. Only through active commuting do they see that, not through a car back seat window with their eyes glued to YouTube. They may go back to a private condo or landed as their dwelling, that contrast everyday will hopefully at least make them grateful to what they have.

2 cents,
    PropVestor

Look at where you are now. Money cannot buy character. However, I disagree that parenting style needs to change. Somethings in life like character building principles should never change. Your experiences (I assume) taught you to be prudent and savvy with money. Some folks have all the money but sadly, clearly lacking in the quality department. Some see a narrow street around Orchard as a be it and end, looking down at others. That is something we should never instil in future generation.

I have serious reservations sending my kids to school everyday when they get older. Now that public commuting infrastructure is really advanced compared to the 90s, our parenting style should evolve too in line with LTA schematics.

IMHO, kids should learn to share a ride, give up their seats and understand more about their surroundings and community. Only through active commuting do they see that, not through a car back seat window with their eyes glued to YouTube. They may go back to a private condo or landed as their dwelling, that contrast everyday will hopefully at least make them grateful to what they have.

2 cents,
    PropVestor
    Fully agree. But kid is now looked after by my parents. I bought them a car so they can get from point to point more easily, but turns out that the car is being used to fetch the grandkids from point to point instead. Almost fainted when my dad told me that he drove to Nex Mall in a thunderstorm last week, to tabao four xiaolongbaos for my kid, just because he didn't like my mom's cooking. Sigh.

When I lacked the will to instill discipline into my own child, I cannot ask the same of others too.

Hi all,

All the comments welcome
    Thanks
    D10 is hard to find at this budget, assuming you only want freehold.
    D11 has a lot more options - eg Watten Estate area, or Adam Park condo (there's a 3 bedroom unit asking for $1.78m). Older kid takes bus 74 (3 stops) and then walk home. You drop the younger kid off at HPPS.

Thank you, yes lets wait... all the condos that are within budget are LH, what is your view about Hillcrest Arcadia?
    https://www.srx.com.sg/condo/hillcrest-arcadia-1163

True that. From my initial loan tenure 30yrs, cut down to 27. How I see it, it running down for me 😆

Quote Originally Posted by DCC View Post
    Yes, I am also very surprise too.

Suddenly, lots of ppl visiting and buying condos....no matter it is new launch or 2nd hand........ don't know where their money comes from.....

I need to go for an another round of house visit in this weekend, which is very painful.
    Exactly, haiz...

Totally agree with you, right now my elder boy travels more than 1 hour everyday.. however with younger one going to P1 next year I think not feasible lah.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian View Post
    D10 is hard to find at this budget, assuming you only want freehold.
    D11 has a lot more options - eg Watten Estate area, or Adam Park condo (there's a 3 bedroom unit asking for $1.78m). Older kid takes bus 74 (3 stops) and then walk home. You drop the younger kid off at HPPS.
    I like Watten Estate but no one selling right now... Adam Park is good as long facing quite side.. yah guess need to look for D-11 when D-21 condos like Mapple Woods and Gardenvista asking D-10 prices....

Try the slightly smaller apartments, shelford suites is not bad.
    it's a CDL project, 77 units, not the most perfect project, but nicely within your budget for 3 bedder. and it is bukit timah d11 location, freehold and it's near MRT.
    Last edited by tonymontana; 11-08-17 at 10:39.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana View Post
    Try the slightly smaller apartments, shelford suites is not bad.
    it's a CDL project, 77 units, not the most perfect project, but nicely within your budget for 3 bedder. and it is bukit timah d11 location, freehold and it's near MRT.

Shelford suites is nice freehold however monthly maint is fr $690/-

Quote Originally Posted by Party View Post
    Shelford suites is nice freehold however monthly maint is fr $690/-
    I have asked this question before - the maint fees of many condos are ridiculously high, but no one response.
    e.g. cosmopolitan (2 bed rms) - SGD 733 per month, trilight (2 rms) - SGD 650 per month, many condos (only 1000sq ft) charge SGD 700 per month!

Some sale persons of new launch projects are honest, they tell me that after I buy the condo, the maint fees would be doubled to over SGD 700 after 2 years. They tell me to aware of it =.=

After I buy the condo, I become a tenant and work for the management companies!
    Last edited by DCC; 11-08-17 at 11:56.

I have asked this question before - the maint fees of many condos are ridiculously high, but no one response.
    e.g. cosmopolitan (2 bed rms) - SGD 733 per month, trilight (2 rms) - SGD 650 per month, many condos (only 1000sq ft) charge SGD 700 per month!

Some sale persons of new launch projects are honest, they tell me that after I buy the condo, the maint fees would be doubled to over SGD 700 after 2 years. They tell me to aware of it =.=

Monthly Maint is by share value of the bigger the units the more share. Now with higher cost = higher maint. But again if the number of units is more eg. 400 above likely is lower.

Of course u can always be in the committee to voice concern?

Maybe you want to start a new thread on maintenance fee and all can chipped in so that we can have a good benchmark of who is charging what for the size of development, facilities etc.
    Eg Cosmopolitan 2bdrm as you mentioned is $733, we can find out what comparable projects (eg Urbana, Trillium etc) in the vicinity is charging to compare.

New unit not true especially OCR. Your agent smoked you.

Mine in fact dropped 2 years after TOP.

But drop not necessarily good and raise not necessarily bad.

The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.