Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to sell your share and buy property.

same here. hardly know anybody who invest in shares, let alone invest a lot in shares (an amount that is enough to pay just 20% of a property). they either bought properties, bonds or kept the money in cash. I know of quite a few who have an investment portfolio of > $1m but would allocate < $200k to stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    same here. hardly know anybody who invest in shares, let alone invest a lot in shares (an amount that is enough to pay just 20% of a property). they either bought properties, bonds or kept the money in cash. I know of quite a few who have an investment portfolio of > $1m but would allocate < $200k to stocks.
    At tis time, property overpriced, gone are the days where u can make 300k profits by holding and flipping, ...it is wiser to buy good shares and earn dividend , while waiting for price to go up, tose who bought Last year know wat I mean.... and selling is just a press of a button, don't need to wait for buyers! Instant!!! My point is don't put all the money in one basket and pay high interest rate !! Anybody pay 6.75 percent befo.....I have

Same view. That's why we want to offload out 1st property and buy a 2nd one. This one is bought at a high. Yet, I still see people buying properties as investment now.

We are prepared to sell at cost rather than to rent. Since rental yield isn't looking good too.

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    At tis time, property overpriced, gone are the days where u can make 300k profits by holding and flipping, ...it is wiser to buy good shares and earn dividend , while waiting for price to go up, tose who bought Last year know wat I mean.... and selling is just a press of a button, don't need to wait for buyers! Instant!!! My point is don't put all the money in one basket and pay high interest rate !! Anybody pay 6.75 percent befo.....I have
    shares can tank and tank fast. i did well in 2000-2007 for shares, after that was iffy. some of my REITs were badly hit two years ago. i really think singapore property is safer than stocks, there is always a tenant pool no matter what. as i get older i rather not risk too much in stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Most people I know (and also those I heard from relatives and friends) are doing what you said: shun shares and buy pricy properties (even if need to pay 10% ABSD)!

Is it any wonder why OCR private property prices are at THOUSAND years historical PEAK price?
    Because OCR Thousand years ago got Tiger and Lion running around eating human.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast