Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Boon Keng or Balestier?

  1. #1

    Cool Boon Keng or Balestier?

    Hi I am a Noobie here. Wondering if any of you can give your views on which area is better for long term investment between these 2 area in D12.
    Boon Keng or Balestier (assuming around the same price)?

  2. #2

    Default

    prefer Boon keng


    'newer' estate
    fewer condos
    wider roads
    more space for future development


    balestier
    too crowded
    traffic issue
    too competitive when it comes to renting out

  3. #3

    Default

    Boon Keng area with a stretch of mrt station

    Balestier no mrt.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwong71 View Post
    Boon Keng area with a stretch of mrt station

    Balestier no mrt.
    Balestier can access both Novena and Boon Keng mrt though

  5. #5

    Default

    between the two i'd go for boonkeng.
    balestier has a slightly dodgy feel and a lot of "foreign talents".
    however the balestier on the side of the new hospital ie minbu road side, is much better than the shaw plaza side.
    the reason why you are intrigued by balestier is probably because you found a number of units there which fit your budget. beware that this could also mean there are lot of units looking for buyer.
    for investment purpose ie rental, i actually do think balestier condo like prestige height is not bad, at least yield wise. a unit sold for 460k recently true fire sale. rental 1800. so really not bad in terms of rental.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana View Post
    between the two i'd go for boonkeng.
    balestier has a slightly dodgy feel and a lot of "foreign talents".
    however the balestier on the side of the new hospital ie minbu road side, is much better than the shaw plaza side.
    the reason why you are intrigued by balestier is probably because you found a number of units there which fit your budget. beware that this could also mean there are lot of units looking for buyer.
    for investment purpose ie rental, i actually do think balestier condo like prestige height is not bad, at least yield wise. a unit sold for 460k recently true fire sale. rental 1800. so really not bad in terms of rental.
    Uhmm there's an unit #09-04, sold 502k to my relatives. However the owner bankruptcy and been giving problems. They have yet to collect the keys despite months. Caveats lodges however

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noobnoob View Post
    Balestier can access both Novena and Boon Keng mrt though
    Balestier is big, if far from novena mrt. The walk cant be a breeze compare to boon keng

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,799

    Default

    Boon Keng? Mmm, this is like part of Little India?
    Traffic is also bad, especially during Indian's festivals and holidays.
    More space for future development means resale properties have less value?
    And no Freehold, mostly (if not all 99-years leasehold)?


    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    prefer Boon keng


    'newer' estate
    fewer condos
    wider roads
    more space for future development


    balestier
    too crowded
    traffic issue
    too competitive when it comes to renting out

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwong71 View Post
    Uhmm there's an unit #xxxx, sold 502k to my relatives. However the owner bankruptcy and been giving problems. They have yet to collect the keys despite months. Caveats lodges however
    Yes, i think i ever spoken to her (the owner.) leaseback deal, right? the 460k one is a higher floor much nicer. but owner rushing to sell, request cash deal.
    Last edited by tonymontana; 26th August 2017 at 05:16 PM.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Boon Keng? Mmm, this is like part of Little India?
    Traffic is also bad, especially during Indian's festivals and holidays.
    More space for future development means resale properties have less value?
    And no Freehold, mostly (if not all 99-years leasehold)?
    Nope. It further up wards. In between potong pasir and boon keng mrt. Most 999ys and freehold especially st Michael area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions