Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: To those who are still in Property and Stock Investment

For me, I do not invest in art or gold or bitcoin in a major way, especially bitcoin, because I cannot envisage the worst case scenario or a personal use for it in any meaningful fashion.

Art can be displayed, gold can be worn, but bitcoin is banking as a currency that serves the need to avoid currency.

It's probably missing out on the biggest "invention" ever, but I am going to sit it out.

Still on property, because I can use it, and others can use it as well, so there is some utility value in the worst case scenario.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    For me, I do not invest in art or gold or bitcoin in a major way, especially bitcoin, because I cannot envisage the worst case scenario or a personal use for it in any meaningful fashion.

Art can be displayed, gold can be worn, but bitcoin is banking as a currency that serves the need to avoid currency.

It's probably missing out on the biggest "invention" ever, but I am going to sit it out.

Still on property, because I can use it, and others can use it as well, so there is some utility value in the worst case scenario.

Fair enough, always invest what you know. Likewise I am not pro Gold but coming from the tech sector, I have personally benefited first hand using bitcoin as a form of currency and a means of exchange. Overtime this mindset has Pretty much transform to bitcoin as a form of assset or commodity. Blockchain tech itself has utility usage depending on what coin you hold by staking them as well as taking part in the ecosystem (for example remittance, micro lending and many more). Having said that, many have asked me about crypto as an investment without knowing the tech part. My advise is, if you have spare cash, no harm putting just a few thousand to be part of the tech revolution. In fact riches were made by those who bought many yrs ago, forgot and then rediscovered how much the price has appreciated against USD

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Congrats, happy for you.

I know what is it like, I too have the same feeling when my SB appreciated 1 million.
    Yes in fact, the whole cryptogame which by far the greatest wealth transfer in the history which I have seen many people both locally and abroad who have gain huge wealth from nothing which changed their lives. This itself has made many of my clients to dump their local currencies and favour btc more than anything else