Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3-3-5 rule now endorsed by the CPF Board

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Current value is higher than your OCR 99-years leasehold property at $1400 psf (but not by a lot considering it is in CCR and freehold), and rental I can collect till I die, then my children and grandchildren can still continue to collect rental until they die and still can sell for a profit (that increases with inflation), better than 99 years leasehold that has ZERO value at the end of 99 years lease right?

If to quote current value, then your gross rental yield is even more obscenely low!

Your gross rental yield at $1400 psf = $3k pm / 1300 sqft *12 mths / $1400 psf = 1.98% p.a.!
    So net rental yield going to be <1% p.a.? Like that put money in fixed deposit also can earn more without the 99-years leasehold OCR risk!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Quote current value better since it's a century mansion.
    Last edited by teddybear; 17-10-17 at 00:16.

Default Your REAL Rental Yield in Singapore is likely ZERO

https://frugalinsingapore.com/real-r...ingapore-zero/

What Should You Do? The example here takes into account a lot of assumptions while also neglecting inflation and the use of CPF as the funding source (as well as the need to replenish your CPF along with the interest portion that would have been earned). We live in unprecedented times and things can change, especially over the course of 25 or 30 years. Here are some thoughts to consider:

With such low net yields on rental income, by investing in a second property, you would be banking almost completely on appreciation in order to make your investment worthwhile.
    Property prices have actually come down over the last few quarters. Most people agree that this is primarily due to the cooling measures, since we’re still deep into ZIRP. When ZIRP ends, and interest rates rise, property prices will likely go down even further.
    A mortgage uses leverage, which can be really good when it works for you or a complete disaster when conditions are not in your favour.
    Investing the money that would have been used as a cash down-payment into another investment (CPF, bond, ETF, etc). could be a much better option, as it might give you the same or even higher returns, in addition to being more flexible and liquid.
    Being a landlord is not always a bed of roses. I’m currently filling both roles, and while I enjoy collecting income on my investment properties (which have positive yields, because they were purchased a long time ago at fire sales), I also enjoy being a renter and having the freedom to shift to a new location and change my environment and living conditions every couple years.
    If you bought your property a long time ago (when housing was more reasonably priced), then you probably have a positive rental yield on your investment since your total cost of purchasing and your rental expenses are both low. And in this case, much of this post doesn’t apply to you.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Mine?
    Just quote you 1 of my properties for comparison:
    1300 sqft, $6000 pm rental, Bought at $1000 psf, Freehold condo unit with full facilities.

So Gross yield p.a. = $6000 / 1300 *12 / $1000 = 5.54% p.a.

it's normal to have this kind of gross yield (5.5%), even in OCR, if one is considering rental yield for a property bought a decade ago.
    HDB rental, also in OCR, is slightly more than 10% for those who bought new a decade ago.
    many people have been priced out of CCR property recently. And there are not really that many investment options open to the general populace.
    People forget that once upon a time, Bukit Timah was considered OCR and ulu.

Most of these property and finance blog writers, actually they probably don't know what they are talking about or they are ignorant idiots acting and sounding like experts.

I will use the example I given in my previous post as example:

Mine?
    Just quote you 1 of my properties for comparison:
    1300 sqft, $6000 pm rental, Bought at $1000 psf, Freehold condo unit with full facilities.

So Gross yield p.a. = $6000 / 1300 *12 / $1000 = 5.54% p.a.

Oh, by the way, my $6000 pm rental is already at the low end of the range!
    So, what is my real net rental yield?

Say Property price = $1,300,000.
    I only pay 20% upfront or investment amount = 0.2*1300000 = $260,000.
    My net rental $ after deducting all costs (just give a rough estimated figure) = $4000 pm.

So, real net rental yield p.a. = $4000 / 1300 * 12 / (260,000/1300) = 18.46% p.a. (for investment amount of $260,000)!

But, you have to buy the RIGHT property which gives you good rental (read "CCR" and good location), freehold, and with good attributes (not too many units in the estate (<300) with full facilities)!

If you buy 99-years leasehold OCR properties in estate with >300 units, good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post

What Should You Do? The example here takes into account a lot of assumptions while also neglecting inflation and the use of CPF as the funding source (as well as the need to replenish your CPF along with the interest portion that would have been earned). We live in unprecedented times and things can change, especially over the course of 25 or 30 years. Here are some thoughts to consider:

With such low net yields on rental income, by investing in a second property, you would be banking almost completely on appreciation in order to make your investment worthwhile.
    Property prices have actually come down over the last few quarters. Most people agree that this is primarily due to the cooling measures, since we’re still deep into ZIRP. When ZIRP ends, and interest rates rise, property prices will likely go down even further.
    A mortgage uses leverage, which can be really good when it works for you or a complete disaster when conditions are not in your favour.
    Investing the money that would have been used as a cash down-payment into another investment (CPF, bond, ETF, etc). could be a much better option, as it might give you the same or even higher returns, in addition to being more flexible and liquid.
    Being a landlord is not always a bed of roses. I’m currently filling both roles, and while I enjoy collecting income on my investment properties (which have positive yields, because they were purchased a long time ago at fire sales), I also enjoy being a renter and having the freedom to shift to a new location and change my environment and living conditions every couple years.
    If you bought your property a long time ago (when housing was more reasonably priced), then you probably have a positive rental yield on your investment since your total cost of purchasing and your rental expenses are both low. And in this case, much of this post doesn’t apply to you.
    Last edited by teddybear; 17-10-17 at 09:08.

Indeed, HDB flats rental yield are very high, but net real return of owning the HDB flat over 99 years for renting out is very low because the HDB flat (and any 99-years property) has a value of ZERO at the end of 99 years lease!
    So if given a chance, better buy freehold property!

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana View Post
    it's normal to have this kind of gross yield (5.5%), even in OCR, if one is considering rental yield for a property bought a decade ago.
    HDB rental, also in OCR, is slightly more than 10% for those who bought new a decade ago.
    many people have been priced out of CCR property recently. And there are not really that many investment options open to the general populace.
    People forget that once upon a time, Bukit Timah was considered OCR and ulu.

Much still depends on the intention for the property.

For OCR, one possibility of utilisation is own stay. The cost is still manageable for an average Singaporean family. Can an average family afford to live in the CCR FH property for sustained periods of time?

The potentially lower yields is compensated by this flexibility I feel.

Anyway, to be brutally honest to you, $6,000 for CCR FH 1300 sqft is not unheard of. It translates into a rent of $50 per sq m. But looking through the whole set of URA rental data, only a handful of developments ever cross this benchmark for median rent. Most of those that reach this rental rates are new and/or Mickey Mouse units.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateIIW...search.action#

But in today's situation, reaching the price and location and size and rent (all four conditions met) is just not possible. Any unit selling for 1.3mil in CCR FH (1300 sqft) that has a tenancy of $6,000 (or even $5,000), let me know. I will find means to leverage or sell other units to procure. Thanks.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Indeed, HDB flats rental yield are very high, but net real return of owning the HDB flat over 99 years for renting out is very low because the HDB flat (and any 99-years property) has a value of ZERO at the end of 99 years lease!
    So if given a chance, better buy freehold property!
    I disagree. Better buy your HDB first, before anything else. An HDB is 300-500k (OCR / RCR), for similar sized unit in CCR is at least 4-5 times that price. Especially for (admittedly future) rental, one need to reduce the quantum. That's why one bedder are popular for rental play.

Have a nice day, teddy.

In this example, the rental income is $2800/month (or $33,600 per year) and rental expenses are roughly $47,000!!!

The writer is an idiot.... even if his scenario is true it is not negative yield. It is 33,600 - (47,000 - 33,600) = 20,200. If your initial investment is 20% of 1 million. It is still a healthy 10% yield.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post
    In this example, the rental income is $2800/month (or $33,600 per year) and rental expenses are roughly $47,000!!!

The writer is an idiot.... even if his scenario is true it is not negative yield. It is 33,600 - (47,000 - 33,600) = 20,200. If your initial investment is 20% of 1 million. It is still a healthy 10% yield.
    Relax La, looking at the figure the writer most likely don't pay property tax.

----------Annual Value--- Tax RateTax ------- Balance as of 31 Dec 2016------- Remarks Actions

Terrasse $29,400 Owner-Occupier $142.70(DR) The outstanding tax is deducted via GIRO.

Southbank $32,400 Residential $548.00(DR) The outstanding tax is deducted via GIRO.

HDB $10,680 Residential $178.00(DR) The outstanding tax is deducted via GIRO.

A $1,000,000 property that rents for $2800 a month will never have a AV $3,360
    Last edited by Arcachon; 17-10-17 at 17:38.

Default Residential Tax Rates (Non-Owner Occupied Residential Properties)

https://www.iras.gov.sg/IRASHome/Pro...-Calculations/

When the writer gathers enough idiot to agree with him, he becomes the guru.

Des says:
    July 27, 2016 at 3:49 am
    Totally agreed with all your points and it is kinda sad to see many Singaporean still believe in buy properties as the fastest way to become rich or collecting rental as a passive income. They often assume the best case scenario and neglect to calculate the net rental yield. Its true, in the past, people get rich by flipping properties. However with these cooling measure in place, this is no longer an option.

I have read your other posts, really well written, I hope you can keep it up.

By the way, I am a financial planner
    Last edited by Arcachon; 17-10-17 at 17:55. Reason: Residential Tax Rates (Non-Owner Occupied Residential Properties)

https://www.iras.gov.sg/IRASHome/Pro...-Calculations/

When the writer gathers enough idiot to agree with him, he becomes the guru.

Des says:
    July 27, 2016 at 3:49 am
    Totally agreed with all your points and it is kinda sad to see many Singaporean still believe in buy properties as the fastest way to become rich or collecting rental as a passive income. They often assume the best case scenario and neglect to calculate the net rental yield. Its true, in the past, people get rich by flipping properties. However with these cooling measure in place, this is no longer an option.

I have read your other posts, really well written, I hope you can keep it up.

By the way, I am a financial planner
    Its sad to see folks cannot tell the different between "negative cash flow" and "negative yield". Even if you have negative cash flow, it doesn't mean you have negative yield.

The rental money that goes into servicing your mortgage is your yield. As your loan principal getting smaller, your return of investment getting larger.

Again, you are showing that you don't know how to invest in properties!
    Why are you asking for low price now with respect to that kind of rental now?

Instead, You should ask yourself whether the property is worth buying now such that after buying, will your property increase in price that will beats inflation in 10 years, 20 years, and >99 years later while you continue to collect rental!
    The rental yield at the time you buy your property is not important!
    That is how I am able to get close to 20% p.a. rental yield now (with respect to my invested capital) while also achieving significant capital gain!

Then you also claim that my rental yield should be calculated based on current market price of my property and not my purchase price, which to me is strange because my real cost is my invested capital, why do I need to use current market price (since I am not selling anyway)?! Already told you that if you buy Freehold property, you don't have to consider current market price (You only do that for 99-years leasehold property because your property price will goes to ZERO at the end of 99-years, that is why you then use current market price which will give you artificial impression that your 99-years leasehold property has high rental yield)!

Looks like you have to listen and learn from us more instead of arguing with us!

Much still depends on the intention for the property.

For OCR, one possibility of utilisation is own stay. The cost is still manageable for an average Singaporean family. Can an average family afford to live in the CCR FH property for sustained periods of time?

The potentially lower yields is compensated by this flexibility I feel.

Anyway, to be brutally honest to you, $6,000 for CCR FH 1300 sqft is not unheard of. It translates into a rent of $50 per sq m. But looking through the whole set of URA rental data, only a handful of developments ever cross this benchmark for median rent. Most of those that reach this rental rates are new and/or Mickey Mouse units.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateIIW...search.action#

But in today's situation, reaching the price and location and size and rent (all four conditions met) is just not possible. Any unit selling for 1.3mil in CCR FH (1300 sqft) that has a tenancy of $6,000 (or even $5,000), let me know. I will find means to leverage or sell other units to procure. Thanks.
    Last edited by teddybear; 17-10-17 at 18:54.

What is these? Care to clarify?

----------Annual Value--- Tax RateTax ------- Balance as of 31 Dec 2016------- Remarks Actions

Terrasse $29,400 Owner-Occupier $142.70(DR) The outstanding tax is deducted via GIRO.

Southbank $32,400 Residential $548.00(DR) The outstanding tax is deducted via GIRO.

A $1,000,000 property that rents for $2800 a month will never have a AV $3,360

What is these? Care to clarify?
    My holding and my PTX.

Free some capital quite good as well. For safety buffer, stock opportunities, or even a subsequent LH when opportunities come.

Everything stuck into something you can't afford to move into or leave empty, not scared?

Again, you are showing that you don't know how to invest in properties!
    Why are you asking for low price now with respect to that kind of rental now?

Instead, You should ask yourself whether the property is worth buying now such that after buying, will your property increase in price that will beats inflation in 10 years, 20 years, and >99 years later while you continue to collect rental!
    The rental yield at the time you buy your property is not important!
    That is how I am able to get close to 20% p.a. rental yield now (with respect to my invested capital) while also achieving significant capital gain!

Then you also claim that my rental yield should be calculated based on current market price of my property and not my purchase price, which to me is strange because my real cost is my invested capital, why do I need to use current market price (since I am not selling anyway)?! Already told you that if you buy Freehold property, you don't have to consider current market price (You only do that for 99-years leasehold property because your property price will goes to ZERO at the end of 99-years, that is why you then use current market price which will give you artificial impression that your 99-years leasehold property has high rental yield)!

Looks like you have to listen and learn from us more instead of arguing with us!

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

What I want to know is e.g. what is the $29,400 and $142.70(DR)?

My holding and my PTX.

What is there to scare when you only put 20% down to own a property?
    Ok may be now you need 40%, but still better than paying up 100% right?

Free some capital quite good as well. For safety buffer, stock opportunities, or even a subsequent LH when opportunities come.

Everything stuck into something you can't afford to move into or leave empty, not scared?

What I want to know is e.g. what is the $29,400 and $142.70(DR)?

ic, my apology.

Annual Value = $29,400
    Tax Rate = Owner-Occupier
    Tax Balance as of 31 Dec 2016= $142.70(DR) The outstanding tax is deducted via GIRO.

Not scared leh. Anyway remember it started when you say OCR 3BR 1300 sqft hard to secure rental at 2,400. I looked in all my OCR area 3BR all minimum 2.8k to 3.6K regardless of size. Mine on market 3 weeks 4 -5 viewings within one month rented out. If the unit was ready earlier would also have been rented even earlier cos some tenants needed urgently.

Some other areas in OCR were problematic for large units to rent out though.

What is there to scare when you only put 20% down to own a property?
    Ok may be now you need 40%, but still better than paying up 100% right?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

ic, my apology.

Annual Value = $29,400
    Tax Rate = Owner-Occupier
    Tax Balance as of 31 Dec 2016= $142.70(DR) The outstanding tax is deducted via GIRO.
    Eh, what is this. Tax balance is not your tax payable.

Here it is:

Owner-Occupier Tax Rates
    Annual Value ($) Effective 1 Jan 2015 Property Tax Payable
    First $8,000 Next $47,000 0% 4% $0 $1 ,880
    First $55,000 Next $15,000 - 6% $1,880 $ 900
    First $70,000 Next $15,000 - 8% $2,780 $1,200

For non owner occupied

Annual Value ($) Effective 1 Jan 2015 Property Tax Payable
    First 30,000 Next $15,000
    10%12%
    $3,000 $1,800
    First $45,000 Next $15,000
    -14%
    $4,800 $2,100

Your southbank is 3K + 2400x0.12= 3288 p.a. terrase is 856 p.a

Your southbank is 3K + 2400x0.12= 3288 p.a. terrase is 856 p.a

??

Project - Annual Value - Tax Rate - TaxBalance as of 31 Dec 2016 - Remarks Actions

Southbank $32,400 Residential $548.00(DR) The outstanding tax is deducted via GIRO. 3,288.00

HDB $10,680 Residential $178.00(DR) The outstanding tax is deducted via GIRO. 1,068.00
    Last edited by Arcachon; 18-10-17 at 09:24.

You are right, I don't even know how much I pay my PTX.

It was 1 of my property agent who told me that OCR 3BR 1300 sqft can't even find tenant for 6 months for 1 of the property he was marketing, it is NO rental $ - not to mention securing rental at $2400 pm! In fact, he finds it difficult to find tenants for almost all the OCR properties he was marketing, taking months to even secure a tenant!

And yet he helped me to secure a tenant within 2 weeks after my previous tenant vacanted my CCR place and then another week later the tenant already moved in. That is the difference that he was contrasting. Furthermore, there isn't much touch up needed as the place has been maintained in good condition by my ex-tenant, just some cleaning up by a cleaner because of some furniture moving.

Not scared leh. Anyway remember it started when you say OCR 3BR 1300 sqft hard to secure rental at 2,400. I looked in all my OCR area 3BR all minimum 2.8k to 3.6K regardless of size. Mine on market 3 weeks 4 -5 viewings within one month rented out. If the unit was ready earlier would also have been rented even earlier cos some tenants needed urgently.

Some other areas in OCR were problematic for large units to rent out though.

OCR is not all the same.

Remember even you were confused which areas are OCR versus RCR.

In my area, 1300 sqft for 4K will find tenants within a month. I also knew some who can't rent out at their minimum prices for other OCR areas.

I am happy for you as well.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

I already said based on my experience, CCR freehold in D9, 10, 11 is still the best!
    Easy to find tenants, and good long term price appreciation, even beyond 100 years! A treasure to leave behind for your descendants!

Care to share which are the OCR regions/areas which based on your experience are easy to find tenants at good rental and which are difficult to find tenants?

Well, I don't know of any OCR area where 1300 sqft can find tenant at $4k pm rental in current market! Care to share where is this place?

OCR is not all the same.

Remember even you were confused which areas are OCR versus RCR.

In my area, 1300 sqft for 4K will find tenants within a month. I also knew some who can't rent out at their minimum prices for other OCR areas.

I am happy for you as well.

top rental yield from squarefoot.com.sg

https://www.squarefoot.com.sg/market-watch/rental-yield

POSTALDISTRICT PROJECT NAME TENURE COMPLETIONDATE AVERAGEPRICE($PSF) #TRANSACTIONS AVERAGERENT($PSF PM) #RENTALCONTRACTS RENTALYIELD(%)
    9 SUITES AT ORCHARD 99 YRS FROM 2007 2014 1,483 8 6.17 65 5.0
    2 LUMIERE 99 YRS FROM 2006 2010 1,472 7 5.99 170 4.9
    12 ASCENT @ 456 FREEHOLD UNCOMPLETED 1,020 9 4.11 11 4.8
    14 WING FONG MANSIONS FREEHOLD 1997 681 4 2.53 58 4.5
    21 THE HILLFORD 60 YRS FROM 2013 2016 1,225 5 4.48 153 4.4
    14 WING FONG COURT FREEHOLD 1997 739 5 2.69 33 4.4
    1 PEOPLE'S PARK COMPLEX 99 YRS FROM 1968 1972 973 6 3.52 80 4.3
    14 # 1 SUITES FREEHOLD 2016 953 23 3.41 36 4.3
    14 SUNFLOWER COURT FREEHOLD 2001 693 4 2.48 14 4.3
    7 THE PLAZA 99 YRS FROM 1968 1979 957 4 3.41 61 4.3
    15 HAIG 162 FREEHOLD 2013 1,288 5 4.56 49 4.2
    18 MELVILLE PARK 99 YRS FROM 1992 1996 664 39 2.35 300 4.2
    12 RIVERBAY 999 YRS FROM 1882 2014 1,129 7 3.93 32 4.2
    5 VIVA VISTA FREEHOLD 2014 1,455 5 5.05 101 4.2
    5 WHITEHAVEN FREEHOLD 2016 1,061 7 3.67 78 4.2
    16 LAGUNA GREEN 99 YRS FROM 1995 1998 940 4 3.25 29 4.2
    14 ATRIUM RESIDENCES FREEHOLD 2008 829 6 2.78 45 4.0
    3 MERAPRIME 99 YRS FROM 2003 2006 1,419 5 4.75 53 4.0
    28 FLORAVILLE FREEHOLD 2017 1,162 7 3.89 4 4.0
    12 PARC HAVEN FREEHOLD 2004 1,028 7 3.36 22 3.9
    7 BURLINGTON SQUARE 99 YRS FROM 1996 1998 1,197 5 3.90 76 3.9
    2 SPOTTISWOODE PARK 92 YRS FROM 1989 UNKNOWN 813 8 2.64 73 3.9
    22 THE FLORAVALE 99 YRS FROM 1997 2000 617 24 2.00 78 3.9
    12 SKYSUITES17 FREEHOLD 2014 1,406 6 4.57 57 3.9
    7 SUNSHINE PLAZA 99 YRS FROM 1997 2001 1,193 6 3.87 52 3.9
    12 PRESTIGE HEIGHTS FREEHOLD 2011 1,440 10 4.67 72 3.9
    4 THE INTERLACE 99 YRS FROM 2009 2013 1,051 43 3.41 189 3.9
    14 THE CENTREN FREEHOLD 2016 1,163 14 3.76 18 3.9
    23 REGENT GROVE 99 YRS FROM 1997 2000 680 23 2.20 84 3.9
    5 WEST BAY CONDOMINIUM 99 YRS FROM 1991 1993 818 8 2.64 75 3.9
    5 HERITAGE VIEW 99 YRS FROM 1996 2000 1,116 25 3.60 170 3.9
    8 CLYDES RESIDENCE FREEHOLD 2005 1,097 6 3.53 19 3.9
    4 HARBOUR VIEW TOWERS 99 YRS FROM 1990 1994 965 6 3.10 48 3.9
    22 SUMMERDALE 99 YRS FROM 1997 2000 682 24 2.18 77 3.8
    23 KINGSFORD . HILLVIEW PEAK 99 YRS FROM 2012 2017 1,006 26 3.21 124 3.8
    28 RIVERBANK @ FERNVALE 99 YRS FROM 2013 2017 988 79 3.15 24 3.8
    14 CASA AERATA FREEHOLD 2012 1,258 6 4.01 44 3.8
    19 EVERGREEN PARK 99 YRS FROM 1995 1999 678 14 2.16 37 3.8
    3 ALEXIS FREEHOLD 2012 1,609 14 5.12 142 3.8
    19 CARDIFF RESIDENCE 99 YRS FROM 2011 2014 1,199 6 3.82 62 3.8
    25 NORTHOAKS 99 YRS FROM 1997 2000 597 23 1.90 90 3.8
    13 SANT RITZ 99 YRS FROM 2012 2016 1,174 11 3.73 72 3.8
    14 ASTON MANSIONS 99 YRS FROM 1995 1998 799 6 2.53 26 3.8
    23 PARKVIEW APARTMENTS 99 YRS FROM 1994 1998 712 20 2.25 83 3.8
    25 WOODGROVE CONDOMINIUM 99 YRS FROM 1997 1999 629 9 1.98 40 3.8

As I have said before, such data are meaningless because you will see lots of 99-years leasehold properties seemingly having high rental yield based on current (depreciating to ZERO) market price!

What people need to seriously consider is the NPV of the property 99 years down the road!

Usually those properties with high current rental yield (with respect to current market price) tends to have low capital appreciation prospect!

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana View Post
    top rental yield from squarefoot.com.sg

https://www.squarefoot.com.sg/market-watch/rental-yield

POSTALDISTRICT PROJECT NAME TENURE COMPLETIONDATE AVERAGEPRICE($PSF) #TRANSACTIONS AVERAGERENT($PSF PM) #RENTALCONTRACTS RENTALYIELD(%)
    9 SUITES AT ORCHARD 99 YRS FROM 2007 2014 1,483 8 6.17 65 5.0
    2 LUMIERE 99 YRS FROM 2006 2010 1,472 7 5.99 170 4.9
    12 ASCENT @ 456 FREEHOLD UNCOMPLETED 1,020 9 4.11 11 4.8
    14 WING FONG MANSIONS FREEHOLD 1997 681 4 2.53 58 4.5
    21 THE HILLFORD 60 YRS FROM 2013 2016 1,225 5 4.48 153 4.4
    14 WING FONG COURT FREEHOLD 1997 739 5 2.69 33 4.4
    1 PEOPLE'S PARK COMPLEX 99 YRS FROM 1968 1972 973 6 3.52 80 4.3
    14 # 1 SUITES FREEHOLD 2016 953 23 3.41 36 4.3
    14 SUNFLOWER COURT FREEHOLD 2001 693 4 2.48 14 4.3
    7 THE PLAZA 99 YRS FROM 1968 1979 957 4 3.41 61 4.3
    15 HAIG 162 FREEHOLD 2013 1,288 5 4.56 49 4.2
    18 MELVILLE PARK 99 YRS FROM 1992 1996 664 39 2.35 300 4.2
    12 RIVERBAY 999 YRS FROM 1882 2014 1,129 7 3.93 32 4.2
    5 VIVA VISTA FREEHOLD 2014 1,455 5 5.05 101 4.2
    5 WHITEHAVEN FREEHOLD 2016 1,061 7 3.67 78 4.2
    16 LAGUNA GREEN 99 YRS FROM 1995 1998 940 4 3.25 29 4.2
    14 ATRIUM RESIDENCES FREEHOLD 2008 829 6 2.78 45 4.0
    3 MERAPRIME 99 YRS FROM 2003 2006 1,419 5 4.75 53 4.0
    28 FLORAVILLE FREEHOLD 2017 1,162 7 3.89 4 4.0
    12 PARC HAVEN FREEHOLD 2004 1,028 7 3.36 22 3.9
    7 BURLINGTON SQUARE 99 YRS FROM 1996 1998 1,197 5 3.90 76 3.9
    2 SPOTTISWOODE PARK 92 YRS FROM 1989 UNKNOWN 813 8 2.64 73 3.9
    22 THE FLORAVALE 99 YRS FROM 1997 2000 617 24 2.00 78 3.9
    12 SKYSUITES17 FREEHOLD 2014 1,406 6 4.57 57 3.9
    7 SUNSHINE PLAZA 99 YRS FROM 1997 2001 1,193 6 3.87 52 3.9
    12 PRESTIGE HEIGHTS FREEHOLD 2011 1,440 10 4.67 72 3.9
    4 THE INTERLACE 99 YRS FROM 2009 2013 1,051 43 3.41 189 3.9
    14 THE CENTREN FREEHOLD 2016 1,163 14 3.76 18 3.9
    23 REGENT GROVE 99 YRS FROM 1997 2000 680 23 2.20 84 3.9
    5 WEST BAY CONDOMINIUM 99 YRS FROM 1991 1993 818 8 2.64 75 3.9
    5 HERITAGE VIEW 99 YRS FROM 1996 2000 1,116 25 3.60 170 3.9
    8 CLYDES RESIDENCE FREEHOLD 2005 1,097 6 3.53 19 3.9
    4 HARBOUR VIEW TOWERS 99 YRS FROM 1990 1994 965 6 3.10 48 3.9
    22 SUMMERDALE 99 YRS FROM 1997 2000 682 24 2.18 77 3.8
    23 KINGSFORD . HILLVIEW PEAK 99 YRS FROM 2012 2017 1,006 26 3.21 124 3.8
    28 RIVERBANK @ FERNVALE 99 YRS FROM 2013 2017 988 79 3.15 24 3.8
    14 CASA AERATA FREEHOLD 2012 1,258 6 4.01 44 3.8
    19 EVERGREEN PARK 99 YRS FROM 1995 1999 678 14 2.16 37 3.8
    3 ALEXIS FREEHOLD 2012 1,609 14 5.12 142 3.8
    19 CARDIFF RESIDENCE 99 YRS FROM 2011 2014 1,199 6 3.82 62 3.8
    25 NORTHOAKS 99 YRS FROM 1997 2000 597 23 1.90 90 3.8
    13 SANT RITZ 99 YRS FROM 2012 2016 1,174 11 3.73 72 3.8
    14 ASTON MANSIONS 99 YRS FROM 1995 1998 799 6 2.53 26 3.8
    23 PARKVIEW APARTMENTS 99 YRS FROM 1994 1998 712 20 2.25 83 3.8
    25 WOODGROVE CONDOMINIUM 99 YRS FROM 1997 1999 629 9 1.98 40 3.8

Don't know how many 10 years do I have.

My 99 years leasehold property should outlast me.

Only one regret, not buying private property earlier.

Now can buy still don't buy, welcome to be in the statistic.

As I have said before, such data are meaningless because you will see lots of 99-years leasehold properties seemingly having high rental yield based on current (depreciating to ZERO) market price!

What people need to seriously consider is the NPV of the property 99 years down the road!

Usually those properties with high current rental yield (with respect to current market price) tends to have low capital appreciation prospect!
    data is data, up to u how to interpret, is a snapshot in time.
    99 yrs from now is a long way
    no one can say how it will pan out
    every silver lining has a cloud