Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 3-3-5 rule now endorsed by the CPF Board

Not only CPF Board, even the MAS with their TDSR, MSR, ABSD to deter people from buying properties etc
    cause greater harm than benefit.
    By insisting that people lower their risks way below the threshold that people actually can comfortably afford, the people who need to take some (minimal) risks end up taking zero risk.

By insisting that these people take little risk, they can only invest in lemons (like shoebox units, or 99-years leasehold properties in "bird-no-lay-egg" places), which obviously won't help to increase their wealth (if at all), and may even be detrimental to their wealth!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    The same method, the risk level differs for everyone.

Vina and CPF advice may work well for those starting on first property especially HDB.

Investment property has to use a different set of principles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    That's why some of these self proclaimed gurus cause greater harm than benefit.

By insisting that people lower their risks way below the threshold that people actually can comfortably afford, the people who need to take some (minimal) risks end up taking zero risk.

Taking zero risk is extremely risky, sure lose. Remember, high risks, high gains.

Not true, every decent location OCR project I have been involved, the one-bedder yields are always the most fantastic. Mostly in matured estates.

Definitely not lemons; many of us have been collecting for years.

No lay egg places I did not really try so can't say much for that.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Not only CPF Board, even the MAS with their TDSR, MSR, ABSD to deter people from buying properties etc
    cause greater harm than benefit.

By insisting that these people take little risk, they can only invest in lemons (like shoebox units, or 99-years leasehold properties in "bird-no-lay-egg" places), which obviously won't help to increase their wealth (if at all), and may even be detrimental to their wealth!
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

If any of you try to make any argument that derail her perspectives on her main blog, she will ban you from posting. What is the point of having a "comment box" session when you simply want "high-fives" from only those who buy into your advice? If you can't face the heat or handle a debate, then forget about being a so called property guru.

You can continue to hide with your moderation, but you can't fool savvy investors.

Friday Joke:
    My 3-3-5 rule
    Buy first private property in your 30s, no more than 3 bedder and 50% loan if you can.
    You will be pretty safe?

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    Friday Joke:
    My 3-3-5 rule
    Buy first private property in your 30s, no more than 3 bedder and 50% loan if you can.
    You will be pretty safe?
    methinks, no LESS than 3 bedder!

give yourself room to downsize when kids etc grow up and/or you get fedup of cleaning such a big space. C'mon lets not kid ourselves, these days, it's the guys doing the heavy cleaning in the house.

Yes, pretty damn safe. But you may regret tying up all that capital on one property. I know I did when I was younger!

Cheers!

How's DUO? Did you get it tenanted out already?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast