Thread: Look like Lawrence Wong don't give face.

Default Look like Lawrence Wong don't give face.

Mah bao tan still the best. Doesn't this Lawrence understand that condo is mainly for investment asset? Why always target private property?
    Last edited by star; 14-11-17 at 22:09.

They have to consider the feelings of the 80% right?

Data speaks one thing, Govt representative still must speak their stand also right? Such as 0% increase in COE from 2018 will not cause a significant increase in price.

It would be surprising and shocking if they did not express this type of stance.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

30,000 units for sale. Not for staying. There will be a shortage for the next 3 years. The demand for ready homes will be high. He don't say too early. And don't forget about the en bloc money floating around the market. lol

Market cannot keep dropping. It was dropping from 2013-2017, that's a long series of declines. Barring any major global recession, it should logically go up a while from now.
    But I could be wrong.

What Minister Lawrence is saying now is, developers cannot cut corners and sell cheap.

Must make sure building got standard, cater for transport considerations etc...

In other words, make sure the costs that need to be put in are put in.

Expect new properties to be priced at a premium plus higher quality.

In other words, many ministers pushing for cost-push inflation now. Tio bo, Leeds?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    This is part of a gameplan. By pushing supply all the way up, the government is indirectly hinting to us that we need to let more foreigners in to either work or stay here. With them, home investors will get to rent out their 2nd property and home sellers will get buyers to buy their house.

This is all in line with the government's white paper to push to 6.9million population by 2030.

dun know why but felt that this round of en-bloc was a bit engineered when the GLS was cut quite drastically.
    If nothing is done expect a bit of a see -saw where next 2-3 years will be up & up before things come start coming down. The only good thing is that HDB mkt is quite stable this round.

The replacement units will be coming with lesser carpark lots, smaller space per unit, but maybe more efficiently built at best. And will be priced at much higher psf wise from costing considerations.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

"More efficiently built"?
    A new private condo/apt of size 1400 sqft with only about 1000 sqft usable space is called "more efficiently built"?
    You mean like developers now can give you max 10% balcony space that they charge you for (but is free of charge to developers since not included in max GFA allowed), give you max big big air-con ledge space, max big big private lift lobby space?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    The replacement units will be coming with lesser carpark lots, smaller space per unit, but maybe more efficiently built at best. And will be priced at much higher psf wise from costing considerations.

You mean they think and plan something in their heart but say and express another thing that is not in alignment with what they really think and plan (to happen etc)? Really?
    If what you said is true, then that is really scary! (since the 80% as you mentioned are in the dark or they are too stupid to understand?)

They have to consider the feelings of the 80% right?

Data speaks one thing, Govt representative still must speak their stand also right? Such as 0% increase in COE from 2018 will not cause a significant increase in price.

It would be surprising and shocking if they did not express this type of stance.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    "More efficiently built"?
    A new private condo/apt of size 1400 sqft with only about 1000 sqft usable space is called "more efficiently built"?
    You mean like developers now can give you max 10% balcony space that they charge you for (but is free of charge to developers since not included in max GFA allowed), give you max big big air-con ledge space, max big big private lift lobby space?!
    Check the phrase "at best". It can mean sizes optimal for renting, with the minimal size for each of the rooms people are comfortable with.

Again, "at best".

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

You mean they think and plan something in their heart but say and express another thing that is not in alignment with what they really think and plan (to happen etc)? Really?
    If what you said is true, then that is really scary! (since the 80% as you mentioned are in the dark or they are too stupid to understand?)
    You also what, everytime say things to hoodwink people. We are still waiting for your OCR crash.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

No you are wrong!
    I always say what my heart think, always in alignment!
    My heart and brain still telling me that OCR private property prices will CRASH big time after 2020 and that is what I am telling you! (not like the example you mentioned Such as 0% increase in COE from 2018 but gov representative claimed will not cause in price).

You also what, everytime say things to hoodwink people. We are still waiting for your OCR crash.

Some see the glass of water half empty, others see the glass of water half full.

I write what I want you to know if you only read what I write you only know what I want you to know.

I love to read what people have read, to know what they know.

The Best one is they tell the World what they want the World to know but not what is in the World.

Oversupply or not, vested or not. The market is not 100% in entire control of the private property market. Slowing GLS will put en-bloc in motion, its a calculated move but not fully controlled.

The GE is coming before 2020. That is right smack into the oversupply situation that LW is talking. Pacifying the 80% is of course more crucial than the 20%. I rather have relatively flat growth than any explosion before 2020. At least it is not in decline.

At the rate of 1-3% growth per annum for all properties, along with GDP growth of 2-3%. It is considered pretty stable and healthy for Singapore.

Overall, I am more concerned about the population growth. That is the key to any rental and price fluctuations in the next 5-10 years.

The reserve sites can be triggered any time but wasn't. So I don't think there is a lack of sites. It is just the developers getting greedy and want the best sites that can sell for the best price.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824 View Post
    dun know why but felt that this round of en-bloc was a bit engineered when the GLS was cut quite drastically.
    If nothing is done expect a bit of a see -saw where next 2-3 years will be up & up before things come start coming down. The only good thing is that HDB mkt is quite stable this round.

No you are wrong!
    I always say what my heart think, always in alignment!
    My heart and brain still telling me that OCR private property prices will CRASH big time after 2020 and that is what I am telling you! (not like the example you mentioned Such as 0% increase in COE from 2018 but gov representative claimed will not cause in price).
    I am sorry, what makes you think OCR private p will Crash big time after 2020?

1) OCR is never going to crash. It is the most resilient region in history. It has HDB support + mostly for own stay. Drop - yes. Crash - no way.

2) 80% vs 20%. Most people own a flat. No one wants to see prices dropping drastically. The government will focus on 80%, which are home owners.

3) Prices has already dropped 15% to 20%. How much you want prices to drop? Cannot be back to 2009 level right? In 2009, median salary was 2.9k. 2016 was 4k. If income has gone up 35%, naturally property prices will go up by similar %.

4) En-bloc money is hot money. Enough said.

Based on my own study coupled with my knowledge and >30 years investing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana View Post
    I am sorry, what makes you think OCR private p will Crash big time after 2020?

Based on my own study coupled with my knowledge and >30 years investing experience.
    Out of which the last 5 years (or more), from the time I joined this forum, is bitching about OCR crash.

Goal post is now at 2020? OK let's compare notes in 2020 then.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    1) OCR is never going to crash. It is the most resilient region in history. It has HDB support + mostly for own stay. Drop - yes. Crash - no way.

2) 80% vs 20%. Most people own a flat. No one wants to see prices dropping drastically. The government will focus on 80%, which are home owners.

3) Prices has already dropped 15% to 20%. How much you want prices to drop? Cannot be back to 2009 level right? In 2009, median salary was 2.9k. 2016 was 4k. If income has gone up 35%, naturally property prices will go up by similar %.

4) En-bloc money is hot money. Enough said.
    Maybe it is time to tax this hot money.

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    Maybe it is time to tax this hot money.
    Tax at 7-15% ABSD paid by consumers and/or Developers still not enough? How much is enough and good for country?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

And only OCR will crash, while RCR and CCR not affected? I doubt it. Besides, "after 2020" could mean anytime in the future. It's kind of like saying "I predict sometime after next year, I will crash my car" which is pretty meaningless.

So, after 2020 could mean 2030, 2040. Well, if prices rise 100% from now till 2030, then yes, OCR may crash 50% in 2030. It's nigh impossible to predict the market beyond the next couple of years.

No problem for Teddy. His goalpost is reviewed and shifted back 1 or 2 years later on an annual basis.

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana View Post
    And only OCR will crash, while RCR and CCR not affected? I doubt it. Besides, "after 2020" could mean anytime in the future. It's kind of like saying "I predict sometime after next year, I will crash my car" which is pretty meaningless.

So, after 2020 could mean 2030, 2040. Well, if prices rise 100% from now till 2030, then yes, OCR may crash 50% in 2030. It's nigh impossible to predict the market beyond the next couple of years.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

We can come back at end of 2020 to review my forecast.........
    I hope I may be wrong but too many times I have been proven right!

Out of which the last 5 years (or more), from the time I joined this forum, is bitching about OCR crash.

Goal post is now at 2020? OK let's compare notes in 2020 then.

I thought u said it will crash in 2018? Now postphone? What bullshit is that? When u always postphone u will get it right one of the days. Lol.
    Last edited by star; 16-11-17 at 15:44.

Erm… Lehman Brothers had more than 100 years of knowledge and experience. Guess what happened in 2008? And what mess they got the world into?

Nope, he won’t even get close to getting it right ever due to the way the system is structured. He has made predictions earlier than 2018. It will be amusing to dig them out if one has the time.

I thought u said it will crash in 2018? Now postphone? What bullshit is that? When u always postphone u will get it right one of the days. Lol.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

yes in 5yrs time u will be saying the same bull shit.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs