Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: The Tapestry @ Tampines Street 86 By CDL

So many good size old condo enbloc and give way to Mickey Mouse size condo and room.
    This is definitely not a good way forward for our future in living space. There will be more traffic congestion too. Hope some sanity return.
    What ia a good house?
    It is a good house as long as you love it

As our skyline renews and the old replaces the new, that will be the norm moving forward. Those who lived in old houses that are big and spacious will hold it tight but like all things, it will get 'old' someday and the replacement cycle continues. That is the Singapore way. Either we gazette it for conservation or it goes to dust.

I am trying to recall if there is a 50 year old condo that I have come across in Singapore.

Nothing wrong to replace old with new, the troubling part is the shrinking size and the quality of build. Someone has to come in and check at some point of time.
    What ia a good house?
    It is a good house as long as you love it

Quote Originally Posted by Good house View Post
    Nothing wrong to replace old with new, the troubling part is the shrinking size and the quality of build. Someone has to come in and check at some point of time.
    Agree with build quality being a risk for new developments. We buy based on paper drawings and pray for the best.

However, there are mitigating risk factors. I will personally stay away from Far East projects as a 2 cents worth rule of thumb. I will sit up if DP Architects are appointed because I have seen them in action before. I have asked their PM during defect checks on a particular rubber seal or tile and they can reply me in an instant. I shall see if they maintain these standards when I collect PPR keys 2 years down the road.

Of course, for bigger developers, top notch design and architect to maximise space and design. Prepare to pay more.

For size, it is very personal. What is small or big comes from your current consciousness of space.
    Last edited by PropVestor; 6th June 2018 at 11:52 AM.

highest psf so far:

THE TAPESTRY TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 18 OCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2017 New Sale 1 $731,430 - 474sq ft Strata 11 to 15 1,544psf May-18

highest quantum so far:

THE TAPESTRY TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 18 OCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2017 New Sale 1 $2,235,200 - 1,765sq ft Strata 11 to 15 1,266psf Mar-18

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789