Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Tapestry @ Tampines Street 86 By CDL

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Bro, watch out for pdpa. May get complaints for faces identified.
    This PDPA thing is so loosely use that a lot of people need to cover their face in public without knowing why.

https://www.pdpc.gov.sg/Organisation...ction-Officers

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop View Post
    Maybe can sell about 300 units over the weekend.
    unofficial sources said closing in on this number already.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    unofficial sources said closing in on this number already.
    How many units launched today?

Some may not want to be identified I guess so it’s more of consideration for them just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    This PDPA thing is so loosely use that a lot of people need to cover their face in public without knowing why.

https://www.pdpc.gov.sg/Organisation...ction-Officers
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

The swiss alps people next door must be laughing to the bank now.

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    How many units launched today?
    these days, they kelong the number of units launched AFTER they sell hahaha. sell 300 say launched 400 = 75% sold if they are "modest" or say 100% of the 250 units which they intend to launch were sold out and they were forced to release more to feed the overwhelming demand.

Its a joke indeed.

Kelongism is a way of life...

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    these days, they kelong the number of units launched AFTER they sell hahaha. sell 300 say launched 400 = 75% sold if they are "modest" or say 100% of the 250 units which they intend to launch were sold out and they were forced to release more to feed the overwhelming demand.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

officially crossed 300 units but dunno by how many.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/rea...sold-at-launch

315 units of CDL's new project The Tapestry sold at launch
    SUN, MAR 25, 2018 - 6:22 PM
    STEPHANIE [email protected]@StephLuoBT
    A TOTAL of 315 units, or 70 per cent, of the 450 units released of The Tapestry have been snapped up this weekend.

The average price per square foot is S$1,310.

On Sunday, developer City Developments Limited (CDL) said all unit types had a "good take-up rate", particularly the one-bedder and two-bedroom units.

The Tapestry, which has 861 units, is a 99-year leasehold property comprising seven 15-storey blocks, with unit sizes ranging from 441 sq ft for a one-bedroom unit to 1,765 sq ft for the largest five-bedroom, dual-key apartments with a study.

Prices start from S$596,000 for a one-bedder. The two-bedder units are going at S$796,000, the three-bedders S$1.15 million. Prices are S$1.65 million for the four-bedroom and S$2.1 million for the five-bedroom, dual-key with study apartments.

On Sunday, CDL told The Business Times that the remaining 411 units will be "released progressively", and the project is expected to be completed in 2021.

CDL said that 76 per cent of the buyers are Singaporeans, while the remaining 24 per cent are Permanent Residents and foreigners from Malaysia, China, India, Indonesia, and Hong Kong.

Among the buyers was Singapore paralympic swimmer and medallist Theresa Goh, who bought a two-bedroom premium unit.

The first-time homeowner plans to reside in it with her parents and four cats.

On March 15, Chia Ngiang Hong, CDL Group general manager, said that the group had received "very strong enquiries" for the launch of The Tapestry.

He added that CDL expects "good take-up" from new home buyers, upgraders and investors.

On Sunday, CDL was unable to further comment on the profile of the buyers and which units they purchased.

The property, which is located at Tampines Street 86, is developed by Bellevue Properties, a wholly-owned subsidiary of CDL.

CDL closed at S$12.88 on Friday, down 31 cents, or 2.4 per cent.

Thats about 36% of total units. Slightly better than parc botannia 31% at first weekend. There is a higher percent of foreign buyers too. Cdl reputation does play a part.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop View Post
    Thats about 36% of total units. Slightly better than parc botannia 31% at first weekend. There is a higher percent of foreign buyers too. Cdl reputation does play a part.
    yes indeed. anyway, both projects are now the cheapest in the new launch market. Parc Botannia just sold out its final 1 bedder at $625k yesterday.

*THE TAPESTRY* guided price

*Starting Price as on 25 Mar 2018*
    • 1-BR from *$611,550* #01-06
    • 1 + Study from *$656,100* #02-01

• 2-BR from *$794,400* #02-14
    • 2 + Study from *$913,600* #02-17
    • 2-BR Premium from *$944,460* #04-34

• 3-BR from *$1,135,200* #02-57
    • 3-BR Premium + Flexi from *$1,344,800* #02-15

• 4-BR from *$1,671,030* #02-27
    • 4-BR Dual Key from *$1,709,600* #02-24
    • 5-BR DK + Study from *$2,126,250* #02-23

There is a whole cluster of condos in that area but this could be the last plot? I think the remaining site there has been reserved for EC, if I am not wrong. Prices see. High for mass market but Tampines is one of the more popular estates. Certainly has a lot of amenities. Apart from Central area which isn’t near, there is a Giant and IKEA round the corner . Also a Fairprice Finest at the Community Centre. Bedok Reservoir down the road.
    Resale is certainly better value in my opinion but it seems like brand new has a certain appeal for a lot of folks. Hence such a big price differentiation.
    Sim Lian is likely to launch even higher at the Tampines Court site. May be 1450 psf ?

Its already the cheapest new launch after parc botannia. Next one is twin vew in west coast vale launching later in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip09 View Post
    There is a whole cluster of condos in that area but this could be the last plot? I think the remaining site there has been reserved for EC, if I am not wrong. Prices see. High for mass market but Tampines is one of the more popular estates. Certainly has a lot of amenities. Apart from Central area which isn’t near, there is a Giant and IKEA round the corner . Also a Fairprice Finest at the Community Centre. Bedok Reservoir down the road.
    Resale is certainly better value in my opinion but it seems like brand new has a certain appeal for a lot of folks. Hence such a big price differentiation.
    Sim Lian is likely to launch even higher at the Tampines Court site. May be 1450 psf ?
    sim lian may need to sell the many units of tampines court quickly so they may still want to compete at 13xxpsf.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip09 View Post
    I'm delighted at the reasonably strong performance of this new launch. Shows that market is getting ready to run for next few years barring any unforeseen global meltdown. Having said that, what "amenities" are there around this cluster? I wouldn't say it's near to anything. Not near to any MRT, not near to any major mall, although there are new cluster of food court and shops opening nearby.

Later.

Near for me is less than 300m.

Buyers snap up 70% of units launched at The Tapestry

Mar 26, 2018

About 315, or 70 per cent, of the 450 units released at The Tapestry in Tampines were snapped up over the weekend.

The average price per sq ft is $1,310.

Yesterday, developer City Developments (CDL) said all unit types had a "good take-up rate", particularly the one-and two-bedroom units.

The Tapestry, which has 861 units, is a 99-year leasehold property comprising seven 15-storey blocks, with unit sizes ranging from 441 sq ft for a one-bedroom unit to 1,765 sq ft for the largest five-bedroom, dual-key apartments with a study.

Prices start from $596,000 for a one-bedder. The two-bedder units are going at $796,000, and the three-bedders at $1.15 million.

Prices are $1.65 million for the four-bedroom units and $2.1 million for the five-bedroom, dual-key with study apartments.

The remaining 411 units will be released progressively.

CDL said 76 per cent of the buyers for the first launch were Singaporeans, while the remaining 24 per cent were permanent residents and foreigners from Malaysia, China, India, Indonesia and Hong Kong.

Among the buyers was Singapore Paralympic swimmer and medallist Theresa Goh, who bought a two-bedroom premium unit.

On March 15, CDL group general manager Chia Ngiang Hong said the firm had received "very strong inquiries" for the launch of The Tapestry.

He added that CDL expects "good take-up" from new home buyers, upgraders and investors.

The property, which is located in Tampines Street 86, is developed by Bellevue Properties, a wholly owned subsidiary of CDL.

The Tapestry is the "first premium suburban condominium" to be launched this year, said CDL, with over 50 facilities, including a 100m infinity pool, 24-hour gym, and a childcare centre.

Home owners will have the option to adopt a smart voice assistant that enables them to control most smart-home devices by voice.

CDL closed down 31 cents, or 2.4 per cent, at $12.88 last Friday.

418 units sold at 1355psf weighted average price as at 20th may.

So many good size old condo enbloc and give way to Mickey Mouse size condo and room.
    This is definitely not a good way forward for our future in living space. There will be more traffic congestion too. Hope some sanity return.
    What ia a good house?
    It is a good house as long as you love it

As our skyline renews and the old replaces the new, that will be the norm moving forward. Those who lived in old houses that are big and spacious will hold it tight but like all things, it will get 'old' someday and the replacement cycle continues. That is the Singapore way. Either we gazette it for conservation or it goes to dust.

I am trying to recall if there is a 50 year old condo that I have come across in Singapore.

Nothing wrong to replace old with new, the troubling part is the shrinking size and the quality of build. Someone has to come in and check at some point of time.
    What ia a good house?
    It is a good house as long as you love it

Quote Originally Posted by Good house View Post
    Nothing wrong to replace old with new, the troubling part is the shrinking size and the quality of build. Someone has to come in and check at some point of time.
    Agree with build quality being a risk for new developments. We buy based on paper drawings and pray for the best.

However, there are mitigating risk factors. I will personally stay away from Far East projects as a 2 cents worth rule of thumb. I will sit up if DP Architects are appointed because I have seen them in action before. I have asked their PM during defect checks on a particular rubber seal or tile and they can reply me in an instant. I shall see if they maintain these standards when I collect PPR keys 2 years down the road.

Of course, for bigger developers, top notch design and architect to maximise space and design. Prepare to pay more.

For size, it is very personal. What is small or big comes from your current consciousness of space.
    Last edited by PropVestor; 06-06-18 at 10:52.

highest psf so far:

THE TAPESTRY TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 18 OCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2017 New Sale 1 $731,430 - 474sq ft Strata 11 to 15 1,544psf May-18

highest quantum so far:

THE TAPESTRY TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 18 OCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2017 New Sale 1 $2,235,200 - 1,765sq ft Strata 11 to 15 1,266psf Mar-18

Default Re: The Tapestry @ Tampines Street 86 By CDL

The Tapestry: Crafting a premium ‘home within a resort’

EdgeProp Singapore

November 25, 2021

SINGAPORE (EDGEPROP) - The EdgeProp Excellence Awards 2021 saw the 861-unit development The Tapestry come out ahead of the competition to win in three key categories: Design Excellence, Landscape Excellence and Sustainability Excellence. Its high scores also earned it the coveted Top Development award.

This is the second time that The Tapestry has been recognised at the annual EdgeProp Excellence Awards. The project won the Sustainability Excellence and Top Development (Uncompleted) Awards at the EdgeProp Singapore Excellence Awards 2019.

Read more at: https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-new...esort%E2%80%99