Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Garden Residences @ Serangoon North Ave 1

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    Buy a condo win a car from lucky draw. Total 50 cars to give away. Sure will sell out. Buy 1C get the other C for free.
    When developer reach this state, most buyer will not be buying also.

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana View Post
    I hope it sells well, but for me, it's Nay at this psf level for this location.

Then again, I'm just a poor guy. So I'm happy for buyers who are willing to splash the cash to get a brand spanking new unit with all the wonderful amenities!

Btw, how's the sales? Curious!
    Preview, collect interest, developer decide, than launch.

2006 when I buy Southbank a lot of people also Nay here Nay there, same now.

One buyer bought 5 unit another bought 18 unit with all the Nay here Nay there. The Know and the Don't Know. Sit at Home look at forum, read news should be enough to Nay here and Nay there.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/13/sing...n-stanley.html

Didn't know no need to wait until Fri. Lucky not driving staying nearby. Call me 87821025.

Come Come, someone once told me why I did not ask him to buy in 2006, I ask him if I ask him will he come.

Wow, Walk in one shot 2 birds �� ��

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Come Come, someone once told me why I did not ask him to buy in 2006, I ask him if I ask him will he come.

Congrats!

A seasoned developer outlined three strategies being adopted by developers facing cost pressure from having paid high land prices in the past 15 months or so: "Some want to sell as quickly as they can, before more supply comes on. Some are getting brand-name architects and getting high-quality specs and finishes. Some are focusing on keeping overall lump-sum prices of units in their development affordable by building a high proportion of one- and two-bedders and/or having more compact units.

"To sum up, the first group of developers is playing a time game, the second group, a quality game, and the third group, a quantum game."

"On the other hand, median psf prices increased 18.2 per cent from S$1,524 psf in January to $1,801 psf in April."

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...a-tad-in-April

Just saw the price listing of affinity condo.

Prices are way more reasonable than garden residences and the floor area is even larger.
    Of course, I think there are very few units with the layout I’m interested in..

No harm trying to ballot for a nice unit if the price is reasonable
    1,700 psf at garden residences is ridiculous. Maybe the target market is Serangoon ville en bloc owners

You mention south bank, but that was in lavender with good location attributes . We are in Serangoon north where it takes 5 bus stops to the nearest MRT. Affinity condo has more units but the bus stop is right at its door step.
    Of course, maybe the land usage has been maximised to its fullest and future capital appreciation is limited. So you should buy a unit you have no qualms staying in.

Quote Originally Posted by sginvestor View Post
    Just saw the price listing of affinity condo.

Prices are way more reasonable than garden residences and the floor area is even larger.
    Of course, I think there are very few units with the layout I’m interested in..

No harm trying to ballot for a nice unit if the price is reasonable
    1,700 psf at garden residences is ridiculous. Maybe the target market is Serangoon ville en bloc owners

You mention south bank, but that was in lavender with good location attributes . We are in Serangoon north where it takes 5 bus stops to the nearest MRT. Affinity condo has more units but the bus stop is right at its door step.
    Of course, maybe the land usage has been maximised to its fullest and future capital appreciation is limited. So you should buy a unit you have no qualms staying in.
    Wow, no need see show flat just the price list is good enough to decide, guess the future got no light for Agent.

Looks like affinity will be a better choice... all the buyers may flock from TGR to affinity this weekend.

both projects will have their fans. some may hold back from gardens to wait for affinity one week later but eventually they will return after both projects are launched for a few weeks. besides, the gardens price currently is before discount.

Indicative price for affinity! This facebook page even compare with Garden Resi psf though the latter price is pre discount. https://www.facebook.com/19201384476...type=3&theater

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Sounds like affinity wars at the gardens

some agents had posted that the affinity prices are STILL before early bird discounts. dunno how true. i think they r gonna look at gardens' price and response before deciding.

The Affinity show flats were not that crowded this morning if you exclude all the agents there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pynchmail View Post
    The Affinity show flats were not that crowded this morning if you exclude all the agents there.
    seems like buyers r more excited about mass market products at < 15xxpsf but these will run out soon.

weighted average price of caveats lodged for units of some projects launched this year till 20th May:

Le Quest: 70 units at 1436psf
    Twin Vew: 454 units at 1380psf
    The Tapestry: 418 units at 1355psf

but i think twin vew and rivercove ec had raised expectations too much. i still think around 30% sold on launch weekend is already considered good sales. that would be 184 units for Gardens and 316 units at Affinity especially at prices of >15xx. granted, these 2 projects are considered better than the mass market projects listed above and should command higher psf.

The prices achieved by Twin Vew is very impressive for that location. Still $200-$300 psf more is quite substantial. The big units will take a while to clear.

The exterior design of this and Affinity looks almost identical.

all out war, affinity brought forward balloting day to coming sat together with gardens.

Actually 1500psf or 1600psf for Serangoon LH99 is considered as prices grown significantly.

Jiayou both.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    seems like buyers r more excited about mass market products at < 15xxpsf but these will run out soon.

weighted average price of caveats lodged for units of some projects launched this year till 20th May:

Le Quest: 70 units at 1436psf
    Twin Vew: 454 units at 1380psf
    The Tapestry: 418 units at 1355psf

but i think twin vew and rivercove ec had raised expectations too much. i still think around 30% sold on launch weekend is already considered good sales. that would be 184 units for Gardens and 316 units at Affinity especially at prices of >15xx. granted, these 2 projects are considered better than the mass market projects listed above and should command higher psf.

Unhappy

Is it the first time we have two neighboring sites launch for sale on same day (2 June)? So exciting!
    We might see similar 'battle' at Woodleigh soon...

Anyway, Good luck to both Affinity and Garden

Btw, expected psf for both sites are 1600psf to 1700psf per https://www.channel8news.sg/news8/si...1/4037954.html though I thought already released indicative price is 1500psf to 1600psf
    Last edited by gadiny; 28-05-18 at 07:06.

It is also quite unusual to have a major mass market launch in June, as it is the school holidays and some families are away on holidays.