View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 1 of 123 1234561116212631 ... LastLast

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Default The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Great property for those can wait TOP 2010. Just bought a unit there & found the design & fittings very nice..in fact better than some FH condos. Price is resonable & the plus point is near MRT. Good for HDB upgraders.

Go to www.myhome.com.sg to see showflat.

- Be captivated by the interesting landscaping and irresistible wholesome facilities from the moment you arrive home.

- Floating Clubhouse
    A sparkling gem of The Quartz. Rising above and overlooking the pools. Enjoy a great workout at the gym.

- Sky Bridge / Sky Gym
    Take a stroll along this unique walkway and experience new vistas of the facilities.

- Grand Entrance
    Come home to complete a life most brilliant.
    Last edited by kennt; 31-10-06 at 22:59.

Wong1975 Guest

Default Re: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Hi kennt

Yes I also visited the showflat and loved it. There will be a very huge brand new premium HDB estate nearby also, now under construction. But I think that is good because now the area is too quiet and empty.

Here is the artist impression:

Name of Housing Development: The Quartz
    Name of Developer: Winterhall Pte Ltd (Reg No. 200009837R),
    a member of the GuocoLand Group
    Tenure of Land: 99 years leasehold

Expected Date of Vacant Possession:
    30 June 2010

Expected Date of Legal Completion:
    30 June 2013

Legal Description:
    Government Resurvey Lot No.
    1666W Mukim 21 Singapore

Developer’s Licence No:
    C0018

Planning Permission No:
    ES20060404R0183

Building Plan Approval No:
    A1506-00002-2005-BP01, A1506-00002-2005-BP02
    Building Plan Approval Date: 27 March 2006, 27 July 2006

jack lemon Guest

Kennt & Wong1975,

Did you guys really bought an apartment at The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)?

You sound as if you are agents for this property.

Wong1975 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jack lemon
    Kennt & Wong1975,

Did you guys really bought an apartment at The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)?

You sound as if you are agents for this property.
    I don't know about Kennt, but I own a unit at Kovan Melody, not The Quartz. I am not an agent. Is there anything wrong with liking another development even when you own something else? Am I allowed to praise another development? Or do I have to promote my own condo all the time and talk bad about other condos? Like what some people do at other websites? That is childish.

toh32 Guest

Hi Wong1975,

These ppl thought agents are so free posting threads here. Must as well work overtime to sell resale apartment during free time. If really agent, they would have leave down contact no. or hyperlink a website to channel sale.

I also bought a unit there last month when a new stack barely launched. Pool view with north south facing. Agree with kennt that The Quartz is value for money. I actually looked at KM before but all nice unit snapped up...so decided to go for The Quartz. I especially like the master room toilet....like Ritz Carton....full length window beside the bathtub

Unregistered Guest

Talking Re: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Ya, if it is value for money. Why only 100 units out of 600 units available. Grossly overpriced.

toh32 Guest

Why 100 sold b'cos not all units are launched. I think they only launch about 200 units. Overpriced? I don't think so compare to other condos.

Good development. Good layout and finishes. Like the 3+1 a lot.

Only concern is that it is surrounded by HDB - may affect the resale value.

toh32 Guest

That was my initial concern also. But come to think of it, there will be amenities, schools ect. when you have HDB around. Moreover my kids still young & I like staying North-East so decided on this property

Yes it is definitely a good place for own stay. Enjoy!

hello Guest

Quote Originally Posted by toh32
    Why 100 sold b'cos not all units are launched. I think they only launch about 200 units. Overpriced? I don't think so compare to other condos.
    Overpriced? Haha! You know what is overpriced - KOVAN MELODY.

I recently bought a 3+1 bedroom at the Quartz and a brand new Toyota Estima (MPV). Together they cost me the same price of a 3+1 bedroom unit at Kovan Melody, which is only 2 MRT stations away. Therefore I think the Quartz is a more worthwhile investment than Kovan Melody. Both have MRT, 99 years, in the same area, but the Quartz is cheaper.

Dango Guest

Thumbs up Re: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

If it is really that attractive, the 200 untis would have been gone by now, and developer would have launched new units. I suspect price will fall further nearing TOP. However, I can fully empathize with you if you have bought a unit there - it is the best valued.

Not a fair comparison as the location is so far apart.

Quote Originally Posted by hello
    Overpriced? Haha! You know what is overpriced - KOVAN MELODY.

I recently bought a 3+1 bedroom at the Quartz and a brand new Toyota Estima (MPV). Together they cost me the same price of a 3+1 bedroom unit at Kovan Melody, which is only 2 MRT stations away. Therefore I think the Quartz is a more worthwhile investment than Kovan Melody. Both have MRT, 99 years, in the same area, but the Quartz is cheaper.

Unregistered Guest

Smile Re: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

The developer only launch 200 units for the 1st phase & 134 has been taken up. Really not too bad for a mass market condo. They are now revamping the showflats for the next stack which will be available very soon. Don't understand why they did not release all. I suppose they are waiting for the price to go up. Anyone can tell us here?

Was told by an agent that they will relaunch the remaining units next year, with a higher price tag. How true we'll have to wait and see.

Unregistered Guest

Yes, that's what I thought so. Also given the fact the GST increase will surely pass the tab to consumer.

NE Guy Guest

Anyone know what will be the future development on Sengkang Central, the big piece of land opposite The Quartz?

that's what i think Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NE Guy
    Anyone know what will be the future development on Sengkang Central, the big piece of land opposite The Quartz?
    Premium HDB flats, maybe.

Already next to the Quartz is a huge premium HDB estate under construction, with fittings that are (IMO) almost as nice as a condo's.

good luck! Guest

Well my opinion is that it is not worth buying a condo in HDB estate.

BB Guest

It really depends on one's needs & the comfort level of financing a property. Some ppl buy for investment & some for personal stay. As long you are happy with the purchase, that's matter most

Professional Guest

Look out for 2nd launch in 1st quater 2007! Grab before price go up further.

Unregistered Guest

Wonder if I should buy KM or Quartz? KM much better location with mature amenities but price steep and hence will over stretch budget. Quartz more affordable for me and other advantage is much less crowded, eg. there'll be less competition for the pool and gym, ie. 625 units as compared to KM 778 units. But HDB mearby. Difficult choice - perhaps better to continue to wait and see.

citizen x Guest

They are both upgrader condos. I would get the cheaper one, which is The Quartz. The difference in location is not that great. Furthermore Kovan is like you said, in a mature estate, with certain heartlander surroundings and environment, including the type of people who hang around there with their habits (eg: spitting, etc, lots of foreign workers). Buangkok on the other hand, is on the way to being a booming premium HDB estate and will see many yuppie couples and families living in the area. Correspondingly the price may go up in the future in tandem with the malls and shops to cater to this "yuppie taste". Price upside and downside of any location depends overwhelmingly on the type of residents living there and their lifestyles. First rule of property investing.

On the other hand, if KM is offering fire sale, lelong lelong, then buy KM lah.

dude Guest

Quote Originally Posted by citizen x
    They are both upgrader condos. I would get the cheaper one, which is The Quartz. The difference in location is not that great. Furthermore Kovan is like you said, in a mature estate, with certain heartlander surroundings and environment, including the type of people who hang around there with their habits (eg: spitting, etc, lots of foreign workers). Buangkok on the other hand, is on the way to being a booming premium HDB estate and will see many yuppie couples and families living in the area. Correspondingly the price may go up in the future in tandem with the malls and shops to cater to this "yuppie taste". Price upside and downside of any location depends overwhelmingly on the type of residents living there and their lifestyles. First rule of property investing.

On the other hand, if KM is offering fire sale, lelong lelong, then buy KM lah.

For a little bit more, you could get something in Tanjong Rhu right now. Why waste your time on the North East. Think long term! 5 years down the line, which one will you regret purchasing more?

If the reason for buying in the North East is merely "looking for a place in the area to stay", then why even bother looking at condos. The newer HDB flats in the North East are almost as good as condos in terms of quality and looks.

NE Guy Guest

Tanjong Rhu areas will belong to a different price segment. Not all home seekers are looking at just price. The Quartz sells because of Buangkok MRT, good schools & future development in the area.

Unregistered Guest

I'm deciding betweem KM and Quartz because I've been living in Hougang area eversince I was born and also because of their proximity to MRT. The MRT is to counter the peak hours jam which I experience daily. Not only me but all 5 in the family will benefit from MRT. Though I got use to the jam but a jam is a jam. KM which is slightly ahead in the jam will save some time. Hopefully the KPE which also TOP in 1 to 2 years time together with the Quartz will help ease the daily Hougang jam. But now I'm offered another alternative, ie. Tg Rhu area. Must also take a look and I believe the 2nd hand ones, eg. Sanctuary Green, is priced about or only slightly higher than KM or Quartz. SG advantage would be there'll be more expartiates than locals, hence more upclass for same pricing range. I'm looking for a place to live but if it can also appreciate faster its a double bonus. Problem is tat I'm a salaried employee and hance got budget, else I'll chion high end condo which promises $4k psf and make solid profits. Thks NE Guys, dude and citizen X for your valuable advice. May I know which condo are you buying/living in now. Wow! Now got more choices than the orig 2 which I have scoped. But have to decide carefully as this is big ticket item....

good choice! Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    But now I'm offered another alternative, ie. Tg Rhu area. Must also take a look and I believe the 2nd hand ones, eg. Sanctuary Green, is priced about or only slightly higher than KM or Quartz. SG advantage would be there'll be more expartiates than locals, hence more upclass for same pricing range. I'm looking for a place to live but if it can also appreciate faster its a double bonus.
    Sanctuary Green, while is still one of the more unpopular condos in Tanjong Rhu, has enjoyed an increase in sales in the past few months. Actually due to the unpopularity of SG, Guocoland have lowered the prices in the past few months. So now is the time to buy. Because I can see them increasing prices soon.

Between SG and The Quartz, both 99 years, one only slightly more expensive than the other, the choice is clear to me.

Unregistered Guest

one good reason to buy tanjong rhu instead of buangkok: view.

in a cheaper tanjong rhu condo you may not have any sea view, but at least you can have city view and you don't see any HDB flats around. in buangkok, you will have views of HDB flats every direction you turn.

Unregistered Guest

it is stated that there will be a petrol station and a mosque just behind the MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by NE Guy

Agent?? Guest

I think you are an agent for Sanctuary Green. Anyway the mosque & patrol station is on the opposite side of the open field & not behind, totally out of sight. The price for SG is not what you mentioned! Please don't mislead the people here. Go & create a tread in the forum if you want business.