Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Sterling Residences at Sterling Road- Launching Soon

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayeya View Post
    Thanks for the input, i am definitely not in a must buy situation as i already have exposure to singapore real estate; plus, it would take a lot more than this for me to invest in 99 year leaseholds.

    it is disheartening to search for properties now days with either outrageous asking prices or sellers delisting altogether to wait for even higher prices.
    Sounds like you are more seasoned than me. I leave the space for more seasoned investors in this district to comment. I am more into D7, D14 and D15.

    The next city fringe area that has been stealing some light for here is D13 which I am sure you know about. Some of the older resale condos near to train stations are going for good value. You might want to take a look. My relative just sold his for 91% gross profit. FH, bought 2008, 200m from MRT.

    All the best.
    PropVestor

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    These HK-listed developers are building HK size apartments. A 3 bedder with balcony sized at 1,055 sqft. And that is a premium type, other 3 bedder types are even smaller.
    bro, in general, everyone is building at around these sizes or smaller nowadays.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    Sounds like you are more seasoned than me. I leave the space for more seasoned investors in this district to comment. I am more into D7, D14 and D15.

    The next city fringe area that has been stealing some light for here is D13 which I am sure you know about. Some of the older resale condos near to train stations are going for good value. You might want to take a look. My relative just sold his for 91% gross profit. FH, bought 2008, 200m from MRT.

    All the best.
    PropVestor
    Thanks for your kind advice. I am not an expert on all Singapore real estate, but i did do my homework for CCR when i was buying for own stay. The decision was simple back then, i am a foreigner working in singapore and whatever property i buy here would need to be sold or rented out on moment's notice if i lose my job or get relocated. additionally, i do not want to find myself in a rush to sell the property here if the market is not conducive, so 99 year lease properties were out of question too.

    i recently started looking at potential investment opportunities as i remain bullish on singapore in general, only to find the asking prices have gone through the roof in both resale and primary market. The way i see it one sure would be easier to double his/her money buying at 1,000 psf and waiting for market to hit 2,000 psf compared to buying at 6,000 psf (such as the Marq in its heydays) and waiting for market to hit 12,000 psf. Therefore, i am very reluctant to pick up anything near my place at the asking 2,800+ psf given my upside may not be as big as my downside at these entry levels.

    Maybe OCR and RCR is the way to go, but i just dont know that market well enough to make the plunge

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayeya View Post
    Thanks for your kind advice. I am not an expert on all Singapore real estate, but i did do my homework for CCR when i was buying for own stay. The decision was simple back then, i am a foreigner working in singapore and whatever property i buy here would need to be sold or rented out on moment's notice if i lose my job or get relocated. additionally, i do not want to find myself in a rush to sell the property here if the market is not conducive, so 99 year lease properties were out of question too.

    i recently started looking at potential investment opportunities as i remain bullish on singapore in general, only to find the asking prices have gone through the roof in both resale and primary market. The way i see it one sure would be easier to double his/her money buying at 1,000 psf and waiting for market to hit 2,000 psf compared to buying at 6,000 psf (such as the Marq in its heydays) and waiting for market to hit 12,000 psf. Therefore, i am very reluctant to pick up anything near my place at the asking 2,800+ psf given my upside may not be as big as my downside at these entry levels.

    Maybe OCR and RCR is the way to go, but i just dont know that market well enough to make the plunge
    Sounds like you are living near to Martin Modern area? Actually you are absolutely right about investing strategies on headroom growth. Its also about entry price as much as location. These 3 interplays are my top picks to decide yes or no to any real estate investment. I am placing my bets on mixed D in growth areas within 'less popular' CCR/RCR. Hence, Duo Residences and Park Place are in my portfolio. Meyer Road is my current dwelling but its getting a little too crowded to be re-invested upon.

    I personally welcome foreigners like yourself to enter into the property market. I think it takes ALOT more guts than locals since you have longevity factor in this country to consider. Again, I think you need no education on taking calculated risks. All the best!

    PropVestor

  5. #15

    Default Stirling Residences open for preview this Saturday

    Stirling Residences open for preview this Saturday

    Fri, Jun 29, 2018


    MEGA residential project Stirling Residences will be open for preview this Saturday by joint venture developers Logan Property from Hong Kong and Nanshan Group of China.

    Secured with a record S$1 billion bid last May, the 1,259-unit development is located in District 3 near Queenstown MRT and spans almost 230,000 square feet.

    The 99-year leasehold development consists of one to four-bedroom units, ranging in size from 441 sq ft for a one-bedroom unit to 1,346 sq ft for a four-bedroom apartment. Six four-bedroom penthouses ranging from 1,959 to 1,970 sq ft are also available.

    It will feature three forest-themed zones with pavilions, garden lawns and pools, as well as sky and roof terraces in the three 38 to 40-storey towers.

    Logan Property declined to provide an indicative price per square foot (psf) figure for the project, but said that prices start from S$848,000 for a one-bedroom apartment and S$1.1 million for a two-bedroom apartment.

    "The scarcity of new high-rise projects in District 3 makes Stirling Residences a valued investment," said CB Chng, executive director at Logan Property. "This development is great for buyers who want to be near important amenities without being in the clutter."

    The sales gallery on Stirling Road will be open for preview from 10am to 8pm from June 30 onwards.

    To be launched on July 14, Stirling Residences is the first project in Singapore for Logan Property, which has largely focused on the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area previously. The developer bought its second land parcel, the Florence Regency complex, last October and plans to launch a project on the site by the end of this year. The site is expected to yield about 1,400 units.

    Nanshan Group first ventured into Singapore property in 2013, and counts the Park Regis Hotel and Thomson Impressions among its completed projects.

  6. #16

    Default

    279 units sold at an average psf of 1740.07psf

  7. #17

    Default

    Despite its prime location...sales volume seems to be the slowest as compared to riverfront and park colonial..

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Southbank
    Posts
    8,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    Despite its prime location...sales volume seems to be the slowest as compared to riverfront and park colonial..
    It only lag the growth factor.

  9. #19

    Default

    What a pity...but i guess long term, this location still shines.

  10. #20

    Default

    just curious the growth factor of D13 can be priced the same as D3?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Sterling
    By JohnTan in forum District 21
    Replies: 197
    -: 13th April 2018, 09:56 AM
  2. Launching @ Capitol Residences
    By richardsng_era in forum District 6
    Replies: 30
    -: 7th April 2015, 09:21 AM
  3. Condo RV Residences launching at month end
    By reporter2 in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 0
    -: 12th August 2013, 12:30 PM
  4. Launching soon (FH?) along Bartley Road
    By CondoInterested in forum North East
    Replies: 25
    -: 23rd September 2012, 10:39 AM
  5. Launching Soon! RESIDENCES @ MOUNT FABER.
    By richardsng_era in forum District 4
    Replies: 0
    -: 3rd March 2011, 09:08 AM

Posting Permissions