Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the market losing steam?

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    Any recent en-bloc success news to share? I have not seen any recently. Maybe I was not tuning in.
    There are many, but everyone playing the hush-hush game.

Government hush-hush, developer hush-hush, even the sellers also hush-hush, as they need to buy as well.

Too much fan-fare is never good for anyone.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

I am sure there are more hopefuls than successes. I put the probably of hopefuls against success to 10:1?

In any case, I hope someone is compiling the numbers and keeping track of the successes.Until a transaction goes through, any psf number put it by the hopefuls are just plain hope.

I am happy to see more owners injecting more life into the market. Hope to see more action in the private re-sale market.

PropVestor

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    I am sure there are more hopefuls than successes. I put the probably of hopefuls against success to 10:1?

In any case, I hope someone is compiling the numbers and keeping track of the successes.Until a transaction goes through, any psf number put it by the hopefuls are just plain hope.

I am happy to see more owners injecting more life into the market. Hope to see more action in the private re-sale market.

PropVestor
    I am also not sure.

Mine are new properties so those paths are out for me. But certainly, it has jacked up asking prices for sellers, some of which will consider holding out for enbloc instead of selling on the market.

I just know that by the time all those enbloc are completed, demolished and in new construction status, it will be easier and more lucrative for those with my intention to rent. Fingers crossed for an even brighter time ahead when rents rise together with prices!

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

En Bloc Fever: 148 little-known freehold property that you need to know about (Part 1)

https://stackedhomes.com/blog/148-li...for-en-bloc-2/

With $9.4 billion worth of collective sale deals done in the first half of 2018, Lake believes the figure could exceed the $11.5 billion achieved in 2007, which was the peak of the last en bloc sale boom. “We could be looking at $15 billion this year,” he says.

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-new...box=1528900389

Default En bloc fever Vs price index

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Only Time will tell the truth, just like 2007.

Thanks. Anybody has enbloc Vs prop price index chart?

Now analysts are saying prop price is going up with support of enbloc sellers.
    Why did prop price crash in 2007 even many owners just managed to sell in enbloc?
    Aren't they supposed to buy new houses after selling old ones?

This graph only shows volume of enbloc and number of sales.

2007 price only went up, same for2008. Only 2009 saw a short crash.

Quote Originally Posted by ccreporter View Post

Why did prop price crash in 2007 even many owners just managed to sell in enbloc?
    Last edited by Kelonguni; 15-06-18 at 07:22.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    This graph only shows volume of enbloc and number if sales.

2007 price only went up, same for2008. Only 2009 saw a short crash.
    Thanks. My memory is bad...
    2009 short crash could be due to Lehman crisis.

So the statement makes sense that enbloc support price going up..... unless another recession...

It was supposed to be volume going up leading to price increases.

But the string of CMs have kept a lid on volume and only price us moving at this juncture.

Thanks. My memory is bad...
    2009 short crash could be due to Lehman crisis.

So the statement makes sense that enbloc support price going up..... unless another recession...

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Take out your shoe and wear the shoe of an en bloc, what will you do.

1. Keep all the money in the Bank knowing it will depreciate faster than you can imagine.
    2. Buy a few property and wait for the right time to sell and take profit again.
    3. Spend all because not much time left on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Take out your shoe and wear the shoe of an en bloc, what will you do.

1. Keep all the money in the Bank knowing it will depreciate faster than you can imagine.
    2. Buy a few property and wait for the right time to sell and take profit again.
    3. Spend all because not much time left on earth.
    lol. if I am one of the lucky seller, most likely i will do a combination of all 3.

http://singaporeenbloc.blogspot.com/...am-saying.html

Despite statistical exclusion of en bloc prices in computing the Property Price Index (“PPI”), it took a backbencher MP to make an insightful comment in Parliament about the speculative factor in en blocs. CNA (3 Mar 2010): MP Liang Eng Hwa (Holland—Bukit Timah GRC) hoped the Government would pre-empt another emergence of en bloc fever, which he said could distort the property market and cause short-term volatility. To date, I reckon URA is still behind the curve in merely focussing on sub-sale activity as a proxy for speculation and disregarding the resale activity in segmented target areas DESPITE the already entrenched speculative market criterion of “en bloc potential”.

The “for Singaporeans” bit totally escaped the conscience and consciousness of Minister Mah! Let's not forget that Mr Mah is obviously very much a "thinker" as he even urged us to do "Three Thinks" before committing to buy real estate (viz, "Think carefully; Think long-term; Think about the unexpected" – Straits Times, 2 Sep 2009). Such deep and thoughtful advice coming from a "thinker" minister to go to Woodlands if you can't afford Tampines after en bloc carry dead serious weight! Or is it dead weight?

– Up and away for corporate developer-buyers post-en bloc ... Three years after 2006-07 en bloc frenzy, with progressive recognition of project revenue from developmental projects, we are starting to get headline news in Feb-Mar 2010 about developers’ profits at historic best:

- CDL’s 2009 net profit second-highest ever
    - UOL net profit triples to $424.2 mil
    - SC Global net profit increases 28%
    - Koh Brothers’ revenue rose 55% … led by its real estate … divisions
    - Heeton net profit up 144% to $17.2 mil
    - Roxy-Pacific’s 4Q2009 net profit doubles to $5.9 mil

The Boat is going faster, faster, one need to keep thinking in order to stay away.

http://singaporeenbloc.blogspot.com/...they-said.html

One would be committing political suicide by asking buyers to buy private because prices are running away.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    One would be committing political suicide by asking buyers to buy private because prices are running away.
    For those who read between the lines they know what to do, for those who can only read from left to right will never know what to do after reading over and over again.

More luxury condos to cross S$4,000 psf mark

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/rea...s4000-psf-mark

Property in land scarce Singapore will keep going up over time. It is as inevitable as the sun rising every day.

This statement was there on all media till 2014. It could be true, but disappeared for a while.
    It might indicate bull market is back?..

https://stackedhomes.com/blog/148-li...for-en-bloc-2/

En Bloc Fever: 148 little-known freehold property that you need to know about (Part 1)

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prop...lective%20sale

Kemaman Point In District 12 Sold En Bloc To Soilbuild For $143.88m

https://www.straitstimes.com/tags/en-bloc-sales

Default At $2,910 psf ppr, this latest collective sale price for the prime Orchard Road site

Two blocks from St Regis Singapore, where North Korean leader Kim Jong-un stayed for the historic summit with US President Donald Trump, a milestone of a different sort was set. It was the collective sale of Park House, a 15-storey building located at the corner of Tomlinson Road and Orchard Boulevard. The tender for the building closed on May 31, and the deal was sealed at 12.30am on June 1. The purchase price was $375.5 million, a 21.9% premium to the guide price of $308 million when the site was launched for sale on April 23.

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-new...-price-ceiling

Default Horizon Towers extends en-bloc tender closing date

The tender closing date for the collective sale of Horizon Towers has been extended to September 12, from the original closing date of August 7.
    The 211-unit, 99-year leasehold Horizon Towers was launched for sale by tender on July 5. On the same evening, the government announced the fresh round of residential market cooling measures effective July 6, increasing the rates of the Additional Buyer’s Stamp Duty (ABSD) and reducing the mortgage loan-to-value limits across the board.
    In addition, a non-remissible ABSD of 5% for residential land purchases was announced.

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-new...r-closing-date

Default Singapore: Have High-end Home prices bottomed?

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    My reading of the market is that foreign developers started buying up land last year because the Singapore property market was relatively cheaper than HK and China despite all the cooling measures still in place. When the government reduces the SSD to 3 years, developers took the opportunity to stir up the market and suggesting that more measures would be relax since the market had been on a decline since 2013.

For fear of losing out, local developers also jumped in to buy up land believing that with high price point, they could still pass on the cost to buyers since all developers have to sell at much higher price.

It will be interesting to see how the market plays out over the next one year.
    Stripping new sales, high-end resale prices could have bottomed and stabilised. But it is still too early to tell whether there will soon be a sustainable rebound in prices given the weak macro-economic indicators. There could still be transactions at exceptionally low prices that float up now and then, although they are a minority.

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-new...rices-bottomed

Serviced apartments and hotels eye a growing trend in Singapore

There will be more co-living operators in Singapore over the next few years as serviced apartment and hotel operators innovate their business models to bring this residential concept to market. While demand for co-living spaces in Singapore may be limited to the 1.6 million non-residents, an increasing number of millennials may choose to rent rather than stay with their parents, according to a report by Edmund Tie & Co (ET&Co).

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-new...rend-singapore