Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential of Joo Chiat area

1. Default Potential of Joo Chiat area

Dear all,
    Joo Chiat for a variety of reasons has been in the news in the recent year/months for better or worse.... Particularly, the publicity (good or bad) there has to some extent appeared to be somewhat contrarian or counter-supportive of what would otherwise in some sense portrary by other write-ups or other forms of media. Top of my head we have
    1. Joo Chiat lock out of workers from their quarters (that place is foreign workers infested??)
    2. Appears to have some form of support for government intention to convert that to an arts / heritage place?
    3. Appears to motivate the point where there are intentions to clamp down Joo Chiat as a red-light district and perhaps to revamp it over time ?
    4. Joo Chiat (quarelling) families (for entertainment value?)

.... ....

I was hoping to get some views of the forumers here on owning a property in Joo Chiat area (i.e. Koon Seng Road, Joo Chiat Place, Chiku Road, Rambutan Road, Mangis Road, Joo Chiat Lane.....etc)....

Any advise or views, for or against all welcome.
    Thanks!!

• Default Feedback/ Comments / Opinions

Hi Guys,
    Anyone want to provide some feedback or comments in that area ? I am looking to explore an unit whihc I like there... ...

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    Hi Guys,
    Anyone want to provide some feedback or comments in that area ? I am looking to explore an unit whihc I like there... ...
    you can flip the class ads for more choices

Unregistered3393993 Guest

If u like, just buy lah. My views on red light district is that it is difficult to go away. Many people invest few years back in Geylang believing that the garmen will clean it up soon but it didn't happen and the acitivities continue to thrive. One thing for sure, our govt is NOT against such activities because it makes Singapore more exciting. Hee hee. As long as you don't mind the activities and like the place, just go for it. Some of the shops look legitimate but if u probe further, u'll find out what they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    Hi Guys,

jsut hope gahman will clear that area soon

• Default Views on Joo Chiat Clearing Up?

It appears there has been a number of articles in the recent weeks/months about the development of JC. There has been discussions in the press about developing that area with a slant towards art/conservation tourism... ... In some other related articles/discussions, there has been assuranec about the non-renewal of certain licences as they fall due to renewal in the Joo Chiat... ....

In consideration of the foregoing and other relevant development which you might have come across, would you view JC as potentially worthwhile looking at both from a consumption and investment point of view... ?

• Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast