Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potential of Joo Chiat area

Quote Originally Posted by patricia
    .lmae siah. where is joo kiat?never heard before leh.
    It's the area surrounding joo chiat rd, tce and lane. Still road is the border on the east side. Anyway what are the good makan places there?

how would I know?????????????? if I dunno where is the place means I never go there b4 la!!!!!!you still have brain or not?????????? lame sia

Quote Originally Posted by wqmai
    I believe that Joo Chiat had all along not been a sleepy town. The location you mentioned is excellence. If the MRT is going to build there, I would say that it would be perfected. Too bad I didnt have $$$ to buy exactly there, can only afford to buy somewhere close or nearby.
    Ya talking about the new MRT line, the soil investigation along the planned MRT route almost completed . Based on the points selected from the soil test, speculatively the planned underground Marine Parade station should be situated opposite Parkway Parade ( in front of Mercure Roxy Hotel ) . That big piece of land above it has been reserved for quite sometime. I understand that one property agency is brokering en-bloc for Marine Point and Marine View Mansion infront of this planned station....Tried to buy one unit there but no seller..

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by sealover
    Ya talking about the new MRT line, the soil investigation along the planned MRT route almost completed . Based on the points selected from the soil test, speculatively the planned underground Marine Parade station should be situated opposite Parkway Parade ( in front of Mercure Roxy Hotel ) . That big piece of land above it has been reserved for quite sometime. I understand that one property agency is brokering en-bloc for Marine Point and Marine View Mansion infront of this planned station....Tried to buy one unit there but no seller..
    wat u talking??????????????

Oh, so any idea where would be the TK MRT and East Coast MRT be located?

Are you saying the small park that is near the bus stop and near the overhead bridges to PP? Underground, it shd be ok but if station is above ground, it looks quite small.

I heard it is going to be a 5 Star hotel.
    first 5 star hotel to offer hourly rate?

no point buy there. Buy at simei near singapore 4th uni and changi business park. Double bay condo left few units. Low price and high return n rental. gr8 opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by patricia
    how would I know?????????????? if I dunno where is the place means I never go there b4 la!!!!!!you still have brain or not?????????? lame sia
    A brain? sigh go look it up on google maps and take a walk around there area on a weekend. It's not too far from paya lebar station. Lots of good food there.

Quote Originally Posted by condobuyer101
    Are you saying the small park that is near the bus stop and near the overhead bridges to PP? Underground, it shd be ok but if station is above ground, it looks quite small.
    Logically it has to be underground unless no budget.

Quote Originally Posted by wqmai
    Oh, so any idea where would be the TK MRT and East Coast MRT be located?
    Some forums pointing at Kotong Park and Mandarin Garden

Default How to know if a deal is real ?

Hi,

I have come across a condo in District 15 that is selling about 100K below the other units in the same condo. This is a just TOP condo and nobody has shifted in yet and the developer is still touching up the area. I have the following questions.

1. How can I check the ownership of the new condo ? I checked IRAS site but there is no valuation done as this is a new condo. I checked SLA site and it lists the developer as the owner for the entire property.

2. How can I play safe in term of liasing with the agent as he keep asking me to issue cheque for the 1% option fee ?

Thank you.

Default The Geranium Condo at Joo Chiat Place

Hi,

Does anyone has any comment on The Geranium Condo at Joo Chiat Place ?

Quote Originally Posted by ckt77
    Hi,

I have come across a condo in District 15 that is selling about 100K below the other units in the same condo. This is a just TOP condo and nobody has shifted in yet and the developer is still touching up the area. I have the following questions.

1. How can I check the ownership of the new condo ? I checked IRAS site but there is no valuation done as this is a new condo. I checked SLA site and it lists the developer as the owner for the entire property.

2. How can I play safe in term of liasing with the agent as he keep asking me to issue cheque for the 1% option fee ?

Thank you.
    Hi ckt77,

Can I know what condo is that?

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer
    I hope the clean-up continues earnestly.
    Why buy somewhere and hope that it changes? Just get another area which doesn't have the problems that you are worried about.