Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 75

Thread: Would there be Negative Yield Eventually or Soon?

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    Buying is the deciding factor as the cost of maintaining kick in and holding power counts.
    Be professional in your advice please. Both buying and selling, holding power etc are counted.
    Eventually property price will go up but the cash flow also very very important. You are not just only paying for bank interest every month. You really need holding power to hold until that moment.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    Buying is the deciding factor as the cost of maintaining kick in and holding power counts.
    Be professional in your advice please. Both buying and selling, holding power etc are counted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    You started your property journey in 2006 at the low of the previous property cycle. You were either savvy or lucky when your entry point was low and hence between 2006 to 2016 (10 years), you was able to ride into the next cycle and benefited.

    Imagine if you started your journey in 2011, do you think you can achieve what you had achieved by 2021? The entry point in 2011 would have been rather high and we can see what it will be like in 2021 after 10 years. And you are going to say that how many 10 years one can have? You do it right the first 10 years, is better than you ended up trying to fix yourself and catching up with the market for the next 20 years.
    The difference between Laguna and you said it all. You depend on luck while Laguna depends on wisdom and that is the difference.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    SSD is paid by the seller, the collective sale will not pay.
    What is the end date of enbloc for the purpose of SSD, date of completion? or approval by Strata Board?
    When date of completion, I need to pay for 12% SSD . This round en bloc can see the difference between CCR freehold and OCR HUDC. CCR freehold normally achieved premium at least 100% with some projects achieved at least 120%( park house, tulip gardens) when those HUDC plus LH99(park west, normanton park) all around 50-60% premium over sell individually.But as I said, the entry price for CCR freehold now is too high. Based on the 1-2 % rental yield, you need to top up a lot of cash every month. If the project didn't enbloc this round, you stuck,.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    Buying is the deciding factor as the cost of maintaining kick in and holding power counts.
    Be professional in your advice please. Both buying and selling, holding power etc are counted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    No one knows what the future will become, but history do give us a small window to what the future will be.

    When one know Bank is allow to print money and MAS control the flow, money become smaller and smaller.

    When one know GLS is not going to sell cheaper than the previous sale, land price can only go up not down.

    When one know Singapore cannot be like America and Europe where they can just move out of a Town and build another Town, property price got only one direction.

    Any person who can buy property in Singapore need to jump over 9 Control Measure if he or she still alive and still don't buy can only join the MTB.

    Feel sad for those who can buy and did not buy, they just need to pay 5% more.

    I need to work for 8 years without spending a single cents just to pay the stamp duty if I buy now to be what I am.
    The difference between Laguna and you said it all. You depend on luck while Laguna depends on wisdom and that is the difference.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Average yield for 3 properties based on current prices is 4.3%.

    Actually I donít understand why must based on current prices if I have zero intention of selling. Itís not even the amount you put in and take loan for. The only rationale I can see is itís based on current prices because you can loan it out again via equity term loan.
    4.3% rental yield is very hard to find in current market, but you also must factor in half month agent fee, property tax, property quarterly maintenance fee , lose rental income when looking for new tenants. How much left after reducing all these? I believe now the market only those LH small units can achieve this kind of rental yield. With the recent cooling measure, once you have these small units, it's very hard for you to play property game any more. These things agent won't tell you.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    The difference between Laguna and you said it all. You depend on luck while Laguna depends on wisdom and that is the difference.
    Agents earn from transactions. Investors earn from data analysis and calculation. Those rush into show room buying new launch projects in D19, good luck to you.

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    You started your property journey in 2006 at the low of the previous property cycle. You were either savvy or lucky when your entry point was low and hence between 2006 to 2016 (10 years), you was able to ride into the next cycle and benefited.

    Imagine if you started your journey in 2011, do you think you can achieve what you had achieved by 2021? The entry point in 2011 would have been rather high and we can see what it will be like in 2021 after 10 years. And you are going to say that how many 10 years one can have? You do it right the first 10 years, is better than you ended up trying to fix yourself and catching up with the market for the next 20 years.
    What Arachon mean is he bought in 2006, and he might be paying about the same or even a premium at that point of time.
    Illustrating pinnacle duxton owner said their hdb was high price at point of time.
    After 5-10years, they looked back and everything seem to be cheap. Comparing to present time

  8. #38

    Default

    delete

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwong71 View Post
    What Arachon mean is he bought in 2006, and he might be paying about the same or even a premium at that point of time.
    Illustrating pinnacle duxton owner said their hdb was high price at point of time.
    After 5-10years, they looked back and everything seem to be cheap. Comparing to present time
    You probably do not know the previous property cycle in year 2006.

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    You probably do not know the previous property cycle in year 2006.
    Ya probably. J
    ust waiting for your statistics and transaction prices in 2006, of any condo and southbank for comparison.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Will technology eventually "disrupt" real estate in a big way?
    By 081828 in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 11
    -: 27th October 2014, 04:47 PM
  2. Negative deposit rate coming?
    By phantom_opera in forum Coffeeshop Talk
    Replies: 17
    -: 5th May 2013, 01:50 AM
  3. No need for action amid negative SOR: MAS
    By mr funny in forum Finance and Legal
    Replies: 0
    -: 25th August 2011, 12:41 AM
  4. Most two-room BTO flats taken up eventually
    By mr funny in forum Miscellaneous Discussion and News (HDB, EC, commercial and industrial property; general business/eco
    Replies: 0
    -: 10th February 2011, 05:53 PM
  5. Negative take-up shrinks in Q2: URA
    By mr funny in forum Miscellaneous Discussion and News (HDB, EC, commercial and industrial property; general business/eco
    Replies: 0
    -: 25th July 2009, 03:52 PM

Posting Permissions