Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Would there be Negative Yield Eventually or Soon?

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71 View Post
    Ya probably. J
    ust waiting for your statistics and transaction prices in 2006, of any condo and southbank for comparison.
    Year 2006 was the low of the previous property cycle when no one wanted to buy. He was lucky (or his wisdom) to buy it during the low of the property cycle and benefited from it and thereon ride with the market. Had he bought during the next cycle high say 2011/2013, he would not be telling people the buy at anytime as long as bank is willing to lend him. He has a simplistic view of the money market probably watching to many Youtube from the US who themselves were also vested to attract more viewers to make more money for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfreehold View Post
    Agents earn from transactions. Investors earn from data analysis and calculation. Those rush into show room buying new launch projects in D19, good luck to you.
    The current market is already vastly different from that earlier on.

I think quite a number who bought in D19 has intention to stay in while they let go or rent away another place. Not many can be a landlord. Given the narrative about the area (especially Sengkang / Punggol area), I really doubt anyone would buy purely for investment in that area given the supply.

D19 is a very heterogeneous place, encompassing the more matured towns of Hougang and Kovan, the areas near Sengkang and Punggol MRT, as well as those that are further away (maybe lining the expressway).

It is not that easy to conclude.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    Year 2006 was the low of the previous property cycle when no one wanted to buy. He was lucky (or his wisdom) to buy it during the low of the property cycle and benefited from it and thereon ride with the market. Had he bought during the next cycle high say 2011/2013, he would not be telling people the buy at anytime as long as bank is willing to lend him. He has a simplistic view of the money market probably watching to many Youtube from the US who themselves were also vested to attract more viewers to make more money for themselves.
    2016 also nobody wanted to buy. So our friend oldfreehold got himself 2 units at a bargain and all enbloc already. Dunno how to calculate his yield also, but it's definitely not just luck.

Depends on one's motive and personal situation, one buys specific types of houses.

And based on whether one executes his intended plan to completion, one can then hope to reap the desired outcome.

So far so good for me too.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

There’s always winners and losers even in stock market.
    Arachon or you giving the best advices, we do not know until 10 years later.
    You maybe right now, and
    Arachon maybe right 10years later. Who knows. If buyers have time horizon, able to hold, have no knowledge to invest in stocks nor forex. So why not..?

Does Arachon knows he buying cheap..?
    I don’t even know I’m buying cheap in 2008 year at 342k for 797sqft condo. as I’m comparing hdb prices against the unit. I still find it expensive and lesser rooms.
    I bgt it because I can pay the mortgages, and I’m young at 30. Got sufficient time frame

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    2016 also nobody wanted to buy. So our friend oldfreehold got himself 2 units at a bargain and all enbloc already. Dunno how to calculate his yield also, but it's definitely not just luck.

Depends on one's motive and personal situation, one buys specific types of houses.

And based on whether one executes his intended plan to completion, one can then hope to reap the desired outcome.

So far so good for me too.
    Let's go back to 2016 when you can buy cheap.
    One property 1500sqft , cost 3M (now maybe owner will ask for 4M plus).
    Monthly instalment 9300 with 3600 interests , 600 maintainence , 300 property tax ,agent fee 200 per month ,repair 100 per month. Rental merely 3800 to 4000 per month. Negative rental yield . Would you buy ? Monthly cash top up 5k plus .

If you know it's park house, would you buy ?

For those buying riverfront big units for own stay , of coz @1200psf almost EC price , personally feel not bad. But buy those small units in the nearby garden residences @1700 psf ?
    First time buyer status is very very precious now. Think thrice before commit. Dun buy regret , anyhow buy , regret more in the future...

For the investors bought small units in the garden residence@ 1700 psf , you have to compete with those resale condo nearby in the future . If you are tenants looking for a place in that area, which one would you choose ? For own stay , it's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfreehold View Post
    Let's go back to 2016 when you can buy cheap.
    One property 1500sqft , cost 3M (now maybe owner will ask for 4M plus).
    Monthly instalment 9300 with 3600 interests , 600 maintainence , 300 property tax ,agent fee 200 per month ,repair 100 per month. Rental merely 3800 to 4000 per month. Negative rental yield . Would you buy ? Monthly cash top up 5k plus .

If you know it's park house, would you buy ?
    Btw I don't own park house , what I mean is holding power is very important when you focus on capital gain . Give me one more chance , I won't touch condo with negative yields again. Luck won't come every time. It's really painful to do all the repairs, handle tenant problems and yet you need to top up thousands of cash every month.

Not sure what’s the squabble all about.
    I’m the case who bought in 2006 (my first property), then bought in 2007 (second property which is my current house, just sold recently), 2010/11 (third property, sold in 2014), 2012/13 (2 x D19 property, with one sold, one rental), 2017 (1 x D14 property), 2018 (1 x D15/D16 property).
    In between, there’s selling for profit gain.
    Well, I’m still alive and kicking.
    Maybe like what some thinks, no wisdom, I’m just damn lucky.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast