Thread: Agent are all the same or is it ?

Default Agent are all the same or is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    No, not all agents are the same. Some are much worse than others. When we moved overseas, our agent collected a cool $6,000 fee from us 5 years ago for renting out our condo, and another $6,000 when the contract was renewed two years later. Later, the rental market took a dive for the worse and the tenant moved out invoking the diplomatic clause. Our condo sat on the market for six months and we couldn't get an offer. The greedy agent lost interest and wouldn't even more one finger to help us out. For example, she reported to us by email that our sofa was getting moldy from the condo being vacant for so long and it would be hard to find a tenant. We asked her to perform a simple task to address the situation such as taking a kitchen cloth and just wiping off the mold. She wouldn't even do that, and rather asked us to hire a temporary maid to do the job. She obviously thinks that she is a office lady and wiping off mold was beneath her. There are other offenses that showed us this agent was only interested in getting paid and nothing else.

Then, she asked us to put the condo on the market for sale. She obviously knew that the fee for selling our condo would be much higher. We didn't want to sell. But after being tormented by her for months, we finally agreed and put the condo on the market. It just sat there for months with no offer. The agent didn't do anything other than placing an ad on propertyguru.sg. My wife got impatient, and asked her friends in SG to recommend other agents. She hired one, who was asking for only 1.5% for the commission and found many potential buyers in a week or two. And it was sold soon. And the original agent, the lazy one, was angry because she didn't get the commission. I said to her that I was so freaking happy that she didn't get paid and hung up on her.

To me, this kind of agent is worse than sewer rats.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad View Post
    No, not all agents are the same. Some are much worse than others. When we moved overseas, our agent collected a cool $6,000 fee from us 5 years ago for renting out our condo, and another $6,000 when the contract was renewed two years later. Later, the rental market took a dive for the worse and the tenant moved out invoking the diplomatic clause. Our condo sat on the market for six months and we couldn't get an offer. The greedy agent lost interest and wouldn't even more one finger to help us out. For example, she reported to us by email that our sofa was getting moldy from the condo being vacant for so long and it would be hard to find a tenant. We asked her to perform a simple task to address the situation such as taking a kitchen cloth and just wiping off the mold. She wouldn't even do that, and rather asked us to hire a temporary maid to do the job. She obviously thinks that she is a office lady and wiping off mold was beneath her. There are other offenses that showed us this agent was only interested in getting paid and nothing else.

Then, she asked us to put the condo on the market for sale. She obviously knew that the fee for selling our condo would be much higher. We didn't want to sell. But after being tormented by her for months, we finally agreed and put the condo on the market. It just sat there for months with no offer. The agent didn't do anything other than placing an ad on propertyguru.sg. My wife got impatient, and asked her friends in SG to recommend other agents. She hired one, who was asking for only 1.5% for the commission and found many potential buyers in a week or two. And it was sold soon. And the original agent, the lazy one, was angry because she didn't get the commission. I said to her that I was so freaking happy that she didn't get paid and hung up on her.

To me, this kind of agent is worse than sewer rats.
    Like a horror movie.