Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: Clover By The Park, Bishan

2 cents Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredhere
    39 floors, 2 towers, 1st tower launched... one side facing the park, the other facing the HDB...

not sure why so many rich ppl out there. Im interested to buy, but think 900k is too expensive in Bishan.
    This development has got generous space.. if you divide out the PSF is reasonable.

Compared to the 5 rooms flat or similar size in Bishan. I think this fine.

Anyone got any comments?

Unregistered3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredhere
    39 floors, 2 towers, 1st tower launched... one side facing the park, the other facing the HDB...

not sure why so many rich ppl out there. Im interested to buy, but think 900k is too expensive in Bishan.

Any balcony? planter boxes? Any good facing for the other tower which hasn't been launched?

2 cents Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered3
    Any balcony? planter boxes? Any good facing for the other tower which hasn't been launched?
    Yes good size service balcony (may be too big for some layout). Good facing i.e. Bishan Park mostly sold.
    Other tower also launched..

Unregistered3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 2 cents
    Yes good size service balcony (may be too big for some layout). Good facing i.e. Bishan Park mostly sold.
    Other tower also launched..
    What's the facing for the other tower?

nobody Guest

There are 2 blocks, they only launch one, which is the one besides bishan park. Each level has 6 units. Those units facing the park all fully sold, EXCEPT stack 14, with 1-2 units available. The other side of this blk is facing the pool

As for the other block, do not know when they will launch. For this not launch block, one side will be facing HDB and the other side facing the pool. For the units facing HDB, is going to be real close to them.

the floor area is big and the bathroom is impressive. Nice balcony too. But why pay such price for a inconvenient location, rather go for a property at east coast.

Anyone can comment about renting prospects in Bishan?

Unregistered3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    There are 2 blocks, they only launch one, which is the one besides bishan park. Each level has 6 units. Those units facing the park all fully sold, EXCEPT stack 14, with 1-2 units available. The other side of this blk is facing the pool

As for the other block, do not know when they will launch. For this not launch block, one side will be facing HDB and the other side facing the pool. For the units facing HDB, is going to be real close to them.

the floor area is big and the bathroom is impressive. Nice balcony too. But why pay such price for a inconvenient location, rather go for a property at east coast.

Anyone can comment about renting prospects in Bishan?
    Thanks...may I also ask whether the units are generally facing North / South?

ABC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered3
    Thanks...may I also ask whether the units are generally facing North / South?
    You are good in bring up the merit points through your questions.
    Agree that the layout is spacious, serene and breezy, especially for those facing the park. Also if you check the PUB website, there are plans to convert the canal into water way. That will be good.

HDBHub Guest

Nothing against HDB but this project is surrounded by HDB and the park-facing units are the choice but because of the other many units that do not have the park view, the resale value may be average down? Thinking of buying as I love Bishan. I heard that the plot of land next to Bishan MRT is for residential, is that correct?

XYZ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HDBHub
    Nothing against HDB but this project is surrounded by HDB and the park-facing units are the choice but because of the other many units that do not have the park view, the resale value may be average down? Thinking of buying as I love Bishan. I heard that the plot of land next to Bishan MRT is for residential, is that correct?
    My thought that these project sells well is because
    1. Park view,
    2. Tall towers that rise up way above the the surrounding HDB with unique design.
    3. Spacious design of landscaping
    4. Convienience of eateries, etc.
    5. Of course, Bishan is centralised btw both AMK & Toa Payoh.

ZYX Guest

When markets collapse and banks crumble prices would fall.

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ZYX
    When markets collapse and banks crumble prices would fall.
    isn't that common sense?

Up & Down Guest

Even if this happen the price fall will not be significant. Maybe 3% - 5% but on the upside.. it will be more than 5%

I doubt the prices can really crash, more like a correction. The problem is that we do not know how many people buy to stay, if not, it is hard to see if the crash has any impact on them.

nodeferred Guest

no deferred payment and with expensive stamp duty, i doubt there is any short term flipper around.

123 Guest

Sonia Kolesnikov-Jessop

After two years of exuberance, activity in the private housing market in Singapore has slowed to a near standstill. The number of new property sales, measured on a monthly basis, contracted 64.9 percent in April, as buyers became more cautious and took a wait-and-see attitude. As a result, several well-publicized launches have been put on the backburner for an indefinite period and some developers have started to drop asking prices, for example at The Lakeshore in Jurong West and Blu Coral in Telok Kurau.

An air of doom and gloom has settled over Singapore’s residential property market and vultures are circling, proclaiming the Singapore residential property market is about to collapse by 30-40 percent, but are they interpreting the facts correctly? Not all experts agree, with some calling the current market downturn more of a short-term blip rather than the beginning of a market collapse.

“The slowing of the property market is a natural development after prices skyrocketed on the back of very strong demand,” says Sherman Chan, an economist at Moody’s Economy.com, “but a 30-40 percent collapse is highly unlikely. The construction sector is an important growth driver for Singapore and I don’t think the government would let it collapse as there would be wider ramifications. Let’s not forget that the government imposed some measures last year to cool down the market and these measures could very well be lifted if need be.”

In recent weeks, several bearish reports have forecast a dramatic plunge in home values over the next two years. Barclays Capital believes private home prices could slide 28-30 percent by 2010, while Credit Suisse predicted a price decline of 30 percent in 2008-2009.

The bears are pointing to several factors suggesting the writing is on the wall. The stock of unsold condominiums (as measured by projects that have been issued a sales license) rose to 10,861 units in the first quarter of this year, 34 percent higher than the quarterly average in 2007 and back up to levels not seen since June 2005. Net CPF withdrawals for private property have turned negative for the first time, reflecting the decline in transaction as well as profit taking by local buyers who own more than one property. “This has never happened before, not even during the 1998 Asian Financial Crisis,” notes Barclay Capital economist Waiho Leong. And vacancy rates in non-landed property developments have also risen in recent months toward 6.3 percent, compared with 5.6 percent in the last quarter of 2007. Credit Suisse, in its recent report, argues that this will rise further to 9.8-19 percent, on a base and worst case scenario. This could in turn trigger a sharp fall in rentals further weakening the market. “The last time vacancies shot up from 5.8 percent to 9.7 percent, rentals fell by 41percent,” Credit Suisse Tricia Song wrote referring to the year 1996.

Casting long shadows on the markets are the estimated 66,000 home units expected to be completed between 2009-2012, as well as the possible unwinding of speculative purchases. Unless many of the developments that are currently in the pipeline are postponed, a cumulative surplus could provide a glut that will be felt most acutely in 2010, Leong warned.

The bears also argue that given the current thin sales environment, the small price growth recorded by the URA indices do not reflect sentiment and can easily be biased by a few high-end sales. A better gauge of sentiment is land prices and developers’ waning appetite for recent URA auctions, they say. In May, a 99-year residential leasehold site in Choa Chu Kang Drive attracted a top bid of only $203 per square foot per plot ratio, well below the $230-$270 psf ppr range the market had expected.

But not everybody agrees. “I think bad interpretation of data is causing the string of bad news,” says Ku Swee Yong, Director, Savills Residential Private Limited.

Ku points out that the supply figures touted by some analysts bundle together planned, under construction and complete unit numbers. “The reality is that any apartments expected to complete in 2010 but still not under construction today, is unlikely to be completed on time given that the average construction period for a 20 storey apartment block takes 24 months from foundation works till handover” Ku remarks.

“The construction sector is tight on resources today and unless there are policy changes given to encourage faster pace of construction, the ‘oversupply scenario’ is not a realistic one,” he adds.

Tay Huey Ying, Director for Research and Consultancy at Colliers, agrees, pointing out that although the supply pipeline appears a “bit on the high side,” once delays and abandonment of project developments are taken into account, “the new supply will be much lower than expected.”

Leonard Tay, director, CBRE Research also points out that many of the units will be taken out by either en-bloc sellers who need to relocate, or new expatriates moving here. “There is a lack of activity in the market, but property prices have been holding. I believe there are still a lot of buyers in the market with ready cash; they’re just waiting for what’s next,” Tay says, forecasting that the luxury end of the market may “dip just a bit” this year, but prices should hold for now.

As for the units bought under the deferred payment scheme that some say will be “dumped” in the market as the construction is completed, Ku says their number is probably limited to around 2,900, 10 percent of the 29,000 units that URA has given approval for sale under Deferment Payment Scheme. “Not that much to worry about,” he says.

Many property consultants are pointing to the long-term prospects for the Singapore property market supported by the positive vibe stemming from the Integrated Resorts and events such as the F1 race and the 2010 Youth Olympics.

“I think the Singapore property market is still pretty strong. We could see a mild correction, but I don’t see that as a concern because the government is still trying to attract expatriates to work here and they will contribute to demand for properties,” Chan says.

Tay also points out that given the anticipated continuing influx of foreigners, the 15-year historical average number of 7,000 new units needed a year is likely to increase to 8,000 to even 10,000 units.

“So I don’t foresee an oversupply situation as yet. I don’t think the sky is about to fall in,” she says.

Property Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 123

“So I don’t foresee an oversupply situation as yet. I don’t think the sky is about to fall in,” she says.
    Agree... the sentiment may well seems glommy in the short term. This is the reason why so many buyers are waiting on the sideline to take advantage. Any slight indication of lower price may well see them jump in again.

Mah BT Guest

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by home-run
    yah i foresee the big drop coming too ... maybe in the future, hdb will be more expensive than condo...
    Little doubt about it, especially compared with the private leasehold segment. At least, the pricing gap will narrow down to the extent that only facility makes the different.

Bankers Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mah BT
    Little doubt about it, especially compared with the private leasehold segment. At least, the pricing gap will narrow down to the extent that only facility makes the different.
    Well..... continue to dream.

Quote Originally Posted by nodeferred
    no deferred payment and with expensive stamp duty, i doubt there is any short term flipper around.
    anyone know for this project, did the agent offer any stamp duty waiver?

Clever Guest

That is true. The only diff between HDB and 99LH condo is the facilities and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mah BT

Unreg¡stered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 123
    Sonia Kolesnikov-Jessop

“I think bad interpretation of data is causing the string of bad news,” says Ku Swee Yong, Director, Savills Residential Private Limited.

Ku points out that the supply figures touted by some analysts bundle together planned, under construction and complete unit numbers. “The reality is that any apartments expected to complete in 2010 but still not under construction today, is unlikely to be completed on time given that the average construction period for a 20 storey apartment block takes 24 months from foundation works till handover” Ku remarks.

“The construction sector is tight on resources today and unless there are policy changes given to encourage faster pace of construction, the ‘oversupply scenario’ is not a realistic one,” he adds.

Tay Huey Ying, Director for Research and Consultancy at Colliers, agrees, pointing out that although the supply pipeline appears a “bit on the high side,” once delays and abandonment of project developments are taken into account, “the new supply will be much lower than expected.”

Leonard Tay, director, CBRE Research also points out that many of the units will be taken out by either en-bloc sellers who need to relocate, or new expatriates moving here. “There is a lack of activity in the market, but property prices have been holding. I believe there are still a lot of buyers in the market with ready cash; they’re just waiting for what’s next,” Tay says, forecasting that the luxury end of the market may “dip just a bit” this year, but prices should hold for now.

As for the units bought under the deferred payment scheme that some say will be “dumped” in the market as the construction is completed, Ku says their number is probably limited to around 2,900, 10% of the 29,000 units that URA has given approval for sale under Deferment Payment Scheme. “Not that much to worry about,” he says.

Many property consultants are pointing to the long-term prospects for the Singapore property market supported by the positive vibe stemming from the Integrated Resorts and events such as the F1 race and the 2010 Youth Olympics.

“I think the Singapore property market is still pretty strong. We could see a mild correction, but I don’t see that as a concern because the government is still trying to attract expatriates to work here and they will contribute to demand for properties,” Chan says.

Tay also points out that given the anticipated continuing influx of foreigners, the 15-year historical average number of 7,000 new units needed a year is likely to increase to 8,000 to even 10,000 units.

So I don’t foresee an oversupply situation as yet. I don’t think the sky is about to fall in,” she says.
    Is there a need to post this piece of news everywhere?

geylang Guest

Quote Originally Posted by registered
    Agree on the of not driving. My family own cars but i choose to take public transport. For varities of reasons.

having cars does not equate convenience in Singapore, not when it is a big headache trying to find car parks....

Don't fault ppl for not having cars or not driving.
    Yah, because you like to go geylang to kio kue liao. Drive cannot find parking.

BishanILOVEU Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HDBHub
    Yes, zoned for residential and on reserve list. Definitely a much better site.

Falling market Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unreg¡stered
    Is there a need to post this piece of news everywhere?
    He is so insecure

XYZ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Falling market
    He is so insecure
    MARKET FALLING FOR SURE. AWAIT GOOD DEALS AT 40% DISCOUNT. HOLD ON FOLKS. ITS COMINGGGGGGGGGGG.

ZYX Guest

Quote Originally Posted by XYZ
    MARKET FALLING FOR SURE. AWAIT GOOD DEALS AT 40% DISCOUNT. HOLD ON FOLKS. ITS COMINGGGGGGGGGGG.
    When? When?

XYZ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ZYX
    When? When?
    IT IS ON THE WAY. HOLD ON. IT WILL BLOW YOU AWAY WITH THE DISCOUNTS.

CLOVER BY THE PARK LATEST HOTTEST UPDATES!!!

TOWER 2 IS RELEASED FINALLY!!!

FANTASTIC CITY SKYLINE VIEW AND POOL VIEW FACING!!!

CHOICE UNITS AVAILABLE TO CHOOSE!!!

Address : 2/6 Bishan Street 25
    Tenure : 99 yr leasehold
    Land Area : 235,000sqft
    Units : 616

*3 BR / 3+study : 1200-1600sqft
    *4 BR / 4+study : 1700-1800sqft
    *Penthouse (Suite - Single Storey) : 3000sqft
    *Penthouse (Duplex) : 2500-3500sqft

2 Towers of 39 storey makes this new condominium the most iconic launch in Bishan to date. Located within 1 km to Catholic High School and with Raffles Institution & Ai Tong School in the vicinity, Bishan is an attractive location as an education hub. With the future Circleline(Marymount Station) coming up together with the existing Bishan MRT station, accessibility has never been so convenient. Junction 8, Thompson Plaza & Sin Ming Plaza makes shopping a breeze.

PRICED TO SELL!!!
    Bring cheque to book choice units before all units are sold out!!!
    Special Financing Scheme makes this project more attractive to buy.
    For more details,
    pls call me @ 81835132 OR
    visit my website at http://wilsonlimot.multiply.com
    Cheers

Anti Geylang Guest

Quote Originally Posted by geylang
    Yah, because you like to go geylang to kio kue liao. Drive cannot find parking.
    dude.. with your filthy mind… you are better off somewhere than shaming yourself here…

Unreg¡stered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by XYZ
    You say falling. They say rising.

All talking cock. Talk is free.