Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: Clover By The Park, Bishan

JR Guest

IMHO:
    Pros of Clover: 1) Low site coverage, ie. huge amt of space inside the condo compound for residents to roam around.

Cons:
    1) Inconvenient location stuck in the midst of HDB flats with HDB neighbours overlooking into your units.

2) Surrounded in all directions by HDB. Good luck to those who bought units facing the park. Understand that in the future there would be more high rise developments coming up in front of those park facing units.

3) Those units facing Bishan North Shopping Mall oso will be blocked by a new development DBSS coming up just beside Whitely Sec sch.

4) Personally dont like the huge space wastage from the entrance to the area besides the kitchen. These area are supposed to be common area and unscrupulous developers just include inside your unit and make u pay for it. Imagaine removing the slanting entrance and make the door entrance just beside the kitchen would be more reasonable.

5) Huge Balcony and Planter space is a big wastage again. With the TOP of more projects this yr and going forward, i think people are starting to wake up to the idea of "liveable" or "useable" space again.

Good luck to all those vested...

Quote Originally Posted by JR
    IMHO:
    Pros of Clover: 1) Low site coverage, ie. huge amt of space inside the condo compound for residents to roam around.

Cons:
    1) Inconvenient location stuck in the midst of HDB flats with HDB neighbours overlooking into your units.

2) Surrounded in all directions by HDB. Good luck to those who bought units facing the park. Understand that in the future there would be more high rise developments coming up in front of those park facing units.

3) Those units facing Bishan North Shopping Mall oso will be blocked by a new development DBSS coming up just beside Whitely Sec sch.

4) Personally dont like the huge space wastage from the entrance to the area besides the kitchen. These area are supposed to be common area and unscrupulous developers just include inside your unit and make u pay for it. Imagaine removing the slanting entrance and make the door entrance just beside the kitchen would be more reasonable.

5) Huge Balcony and Planter space is a big wastage again. With the TOP of more projects this yr and going forward, i think people are starting to wake up to the idea of "liveable" or "useable" space again.

Well said.

momo Guest

IMHO:

Cons:

In Singapore... its hard to get totally unblock views...
    even if u buy condos like Kovan Residences, chances are, your pool view will have yor neighbours looking into you....
    i think the park view is ok and i dont think i will be worried if a HDB occupant across the park at AMK Av1 will try to look into my unit...
    lastly, HDB next door goes up to 10th floor only, so buying above that should be ok.

Balcony space was interesting.... since i have an expensive bike i would put it outside and may also do a water feature....
    the big yard behind the kitchen is just what we need to get the clothes dry....

so its really up to individual...

Clover Lover Guest

IMHO:

Cons:

Would like to correct your understanding in point 2.
    The area marked out is for the PUB-National Park Board project to develop that area to fun fill water theme activities area.
    Please refer to this link: http://www.adb.org/Water/Operations/...op23August.pdf

CloverClover Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clover Lover
    The area marked out is for the PUB-National Park Board project to develop that area to fun fill water theme activities area.
    Please refer to this link: http://www.adb.org/Water/Operations/...op23August.pdf
    This news is accurate. Further to this, there are more info in the web on the parks development, such as:
    http://wildsingaporenews.blogspot.co...flow-from.html

Facts on Bishan Parks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CloverClover
    This news is accurate. Further to this, there are more info in the web on the parks development, such as:
    Keeping it fresh Water will flow from Marina Barrage to Upper Peirce Reservoir – and vice versa

Lin Yanqin, Today Online 27 Jun 08;

TO MAKE the Marina Reservoir created by the Marina Barrage more than just a stagnant body of water, underground drains are going to be built so that water can circulate throughout Singapore’s water channels, keeping the lake fresh.

This project — called the Marina Reservoir Recirculation Scheme :— was one of several tender announcements made by PUB yesterday, at the Singapore International Water Week Water Expo.

When completed in 2010, water from Upper Peirce Reservoir will be released into the new drainage channels leading to various tributaries, which then lead to Marina Reservoir. This will complement the pipe that will pump water from Marina Reservoir, already under construction, into Upper Peirce Reservoir, allowing water to circulate between the two reservoirs.

“It will create flowing water, which will help to improve water quality,” saidMr Devaray Sanmuganathan, PUB’s deputy director of best sourcing. Four tenders for various phases of the scheme will be called later this year.

Also announced yesterday were tenders for PUB’s Active, Beautiful, Clean Waters programme to develop Jurong Lake in the Western catchment area, and Bishan Park, Sungei Kallang and Alexandra Park in the Central catchment area.

Bishan Park, for instance, will see a stream created within the park, with water from the Kallang River drawn and filtered through an existing canal. This will result in a clean body of water for recreation activities.

Other ideas PUB have in mind to transform these water channels and bodies include additional landscaping, fishing platforms and a geyser in the middle of Jurong Lake.

A tender will also be called for the Eastern catchment this year, though details are still unavailable.

PUB will also call for bids to build additional membrane bioreactor plants to meet additional demand at two of its water reclamation plants, Jurong and Ulu Pandan, to meet increasing demand, said Mr Devaray.

Since making such advance tender announcements before the actual calling of tenders, PUB has been able to reach out to a bigger pool of partners, contractors and suppliers for its various projects. “Anecdotally, we have seen more price competitive rates,” said Mr Devaray.

Altogether, PUB will be announcing 120 tenders over the next 12 months, with the projects estimated to cost about$1.1 billion in all.

Last year, about $995 million worth of projects were tendered.

Clover Yeah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CloverClover
    Yeah, thats right.
    Bishan Park still remains a park. This is can be also confirmed by the URA materplan 2008 as referred. http://www.ura.gov.sg/dmp08/map.jsf?goToRegion=C

parkview Guest

i think he was referring to more HDBs in AMK AVE 1 to be build with high floors...
    but thats really far away...

besides.. if u bought block 6, stick to low floors below 7 and u will have a great peaceful view........

Bishan Park watcher Guest

Quote Originally Posted by parkview
    i think he was referring to more HDBs in AMK AVE 1 to be build with high floors...
    but thats really far away...

besides.. if u bought block 6, stick to low floors below 7 and u will have a great peaceful view........
    Another piece of info, the water scape projects will intergrate a river into the Bishan Park
    http://www.topos.de/PDFs/1183018183.pdf

JR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by momo
    even if u buy condos like Kovan Residences, chances are, your pool view will have yor neighbours looking into you....
    i think the park view is ok and i dont think i will be worried if a HDB occupant across the park at AMK Av1 will try to look into my unit...
    lastly, HDB next door goes up to 10th floor only, so buying above that should be ok.

Balcony space was interesting.... since i have an expensive bike i would put it outside and may also do a water feature....

I agree that it is hard to get totally unblock views, what i meant is it may not be worth paying a premium to buy units facing the park.... knowing NOW that in future the stretch from Blk 221 to 241 along Kallang river is going to be developed into high rise developments. Yes unblock park view for the next 5 yrs as correctly pointed out by Masterplan 2008. But don't expect that to be a long term thing. The story would be someting like The Bayshore and Costa Del Sol.

Maybe one can consider Blk 35x at the AMK side near the AMK swimming complex, got park and even pool view

Well, paying >$700+psf for balcony space is ok i guess, cos maybe it is cheap. But comparatively, if the psf is >$1k+, would one rather trade the wasted space fo liveable space, unless one sleeps on the balcony

JR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clover Lover
    Yes i know there are plans to beautify the lonkang now, but that doesn't change the fact that in future there will be another high rise development... thus "crushing" the dream of some who presume there will be park view. Yes park view for the next 5 yrs, but after that..... Good Luck

x man Guest

Yes i know there are plans to beautify the lonkang now, but that doesn't change the fact that in future there will be another high rise development... thus "crushing" the dream of some who presume there will be park view. Yes park view for the next 5 yrs, but after that..... Good Luck
    Well, if you are not buying because of the high rise development, then don't buy . why do you worry other people preferences. Maybe they like it that way, but any way it has nothing to do with you.

i luv colver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by momo

Yup. second to your view. difficult to get totally unblock when u chose to purchase this type of mass market condo. IMHO, above 12 storey in clover would have a better chance to get "higher" than your neighbourhood HDB fellows. Just think that the ceiling height is at whopping 3.15m!!!
    Personally don't like park view. Am already booked a unit in Blk 2 stack 5. Initially wanted stack 9 but when the blk 2 was launched on 3 July, quickly bring down cheque book and placed a unit in stack 5.
    For those who don't like park view, would recommend stack 5 as its NS facing (afternoon sun already blocked by stack 2 to 4) and its not block by Blk 6 (still can have some good view to the park) as both buildings are tilted at an angle and not directly facing inline to each other. Also, shorter walking distance to the opposite shopping mall thru' the side gate.
    Agreed that the planters and the entrance walkway took up sustaintial amount of usable spaces, but the balcony in the kitchen would be useful for hanging clothes (this is the first condo I've seen and believed all the wifes would applause). Other reasons that urged me to sign would be the psf (<$750), location (Bishan), developer's reputation (sim lian), nearby amenities (Bishan north shopping mall just across the road), plot ratio (3.5, around 65% of the space is used for landscaping, the rest are for the two towers), and estimated maintenance fee of $185 for my four-bedder.
    Lastly, I opined that anything above $800 psf for a 99 years condo would be over-priced base on today market rate. Rather go for a FH.
    Looking at the construction pace now (sim lian is well-known for their fast and shift construction works), am hoping to get the key in mid-2011. cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by i luv colver
    Yup. second to your view. difficult to get totally unblock when u chose to purchase this type of mass market condo. IMHO, above 12 storey in clover would have a better chance to get "higher" than your neighbourhood HDB fellows. Just think that the ceiling height is at whopping 3.15m!!!
    Personally don't like park view. Am already booked a unit in Blk 2 stack 5. Initially wanted stack 9 but when the blk 2 was launched on 3 July, quickly bring down cheque book and placed a unit in stack 5.
    For those who don't like park view, would recommend stack 5 as its NS facing (afternoon sun already blocked by stack 2 to 4) and its not block by Blk 6 (still can have some good view to the park) as both buildings are tilted at an angle and not directly facing inline to each other. Also, shorter walking distance to the opposite shopping mall thru' the side gate.
    Agreed that the planters and the entrance walkway took up sustaintial amount of usable spaces, but the balcony in the kitchen would be useful for hanging clothes (this is the first condo I've seen and believed all the wifes would applause). Other reasons that urged me to sign would be the psf (<$750), location (Bishan), developer's reputation (sim lian), nearby amenities (Bishan north shopping mall just across the road), plot ratio (3.5, around 65% of the space is used for landscaping, the rest are for the two towers), and estimated maintenance fee of $185 for my four-bedder.
    Lastly, I opined that anything above $800 psf for a 99 years condo would be over-priced base on today market rate. Rather go for a FH.
    Looking at the construction pace now (sim lian is well-known for their fast and shift construction works), am hoping to get the key in mid-2011. cheers.
    Hi, whats the GFA of the entire development and how many units in all?

annoyed Guest

wo bian, unless you are pocket fully loaded, else where to get totally unblock view in this tiny Sillypore? Would suggest you buy a mountain in remote china area (they have plenty of that) and built you own house on top of the hill...totally unblock and might have a good view to the Great wall of China.
    cannot eat grape say grape sour....siah...good luck to your unblock searching too..

i luv colver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe
    Hi, whats the GFA of the entire development and how many units in all?
    GFA not sure. total 616 units in two tower. each tower 39 storeys.

Cloverowner Guest

GFA not sure. total 616 units in two tower. each tower 39 storeys.
    What is the land area for Clover?

Cloverowner Guest

I believe all recent Sim Lian have big yards... either you love it or dislike it.

cl0ver Guest

i think their moto is CREATE SPACE !!

Unregistered5 Guest

may i know how many lifts there are to serve each block please?

Unregistered11 Guest

its 8 units per floor served by 4 lifts.... catering 39 floors....

Unregistered99 Guest

I agree that it is hard to get totally unblock views, what i meant is it may not be worth paying a premium to buy units facing the park.... knowing NOW that in future the stretch from Blk 221 to 241 along Kallang river is going to be developed into high rise developments. Yes unblock park view for the next 5 yrs as correctly pointed out by Masterplan 2008. But don't expect that to be a long term thing. The story would be someting like The Bayshore and Costa Del Sol.

Maybe one can consider Blk 35x at the AMK side near the AMK swimming complex, got park and even pool view

Well, paying >$700+psf for balcony space is ok i guess, cos maybe it is cheap. But comparatively, if the psf is >$1k+, would one rather trade the wasted space fo liveable space, unless one sleeps on the balcony
    i dont think its a premium considering that park view was launched first and i just checked that block 2 launched with higher prices....
    i mean someone got park view at $690 psft! no doubt there are a lot of space but depends on how you use them..... they are not totally unusable, just need some creativity..... especially if u have dogs that likes to roam around....

seriously, if u want park view... go for 3-6 floor.... no way u will see the blocks on the other side of the park..... you get full park view with trees and the future river....

the landscaping is good too.... doesnt feel cramp and probably amazed with the height of the 2 storeys as you swim or have bbq with the family

Unregistered88 Guest

heard from one agent that alot of China PRs were buying Clover..... they buy in groups to stay next to each other.....
    so, in fact its popular not to HDB upgraders, but mostly PRs who are now comparing the HDB resale market and the LH market.....

i know alot of PRs mostly malaysians with income gap between 100-150k p.a.
    these are the ones that would not like to live in HDBs but would not go for high end condos..... so they go for these mass market projects.....

they formed the middle income tiers....
    their arguments may not be specific to LH vs FH or near MRT or near HDBs...or near good schools as how Singaporeans will market them...

to them its just whether they like it or not.... do they like the quality, the ceilng height, the extra space, the park view.... which are more subjective in nature....

Unregistered007 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered88
    heard from one agent that alot of China PRs were buying Clover..... they buy in groups to stay next to each other.....
    so, in fact its popular not to HDB upgraders, but mostly PRs who are now comparing the HDB resale market and the LH market.....

these are the ones that would not like to live in HDBs but would not go for high end condos..... so they go for these mass market projects.....

their arguments may not be specific to LH vs FH or near MRT or near HDBs...or near good schools as how Singaporeans will market them...

to them its just whether they like it or not.... do they like the quality, the ceilng height, the extra space, the park view.... which are more subjective in nature....
    they might not be able to appreciate the proximity to MRT now, but i'm sure they will later.

anyway, that explains why Clover has got such good response. Bishan isn't that bad an investment too since it is not that far from the city.

JR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by annoyed
    wo bian, unless you are pocket fully loaded, else where to get totally unblock view in this tiny Sillypore? Would suggest you buy a mountain in remote china area (they have plenty of that) and built you own house on top of the hill...totally unblock and might have a good view to the Great wall of China.
    cannot eat grape say grape sour....siah...good luck to your unblock searching too..
    My friend, I am not against blocked/ unblocked view but i just want to raise the awareness and consumers ultimately decide. The fact is part of current Bishan park will be converted to high rise devt in future regardless of any PUB beautifying efforts. Anyway i am not vested because of the incovenient location to anywhere without driving and the terror of using CTE. Every project has its fans. Good luck

Hi Guest

My friend, I am not against blocked/ unblocked view but i just want to raise the awareness and consumers ultimately decide. The fact is part of current Bishan park will be converted to high rise devt in future regardless of any PUB beautifying efforts. Anyway i am not vested because of the incovenient location to anywhere without driving and the terror of using CTE. Every project has its fans. Good luck
    Bishan park is quite big and stretches quite a distance...which part of it would be affected?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi
    Bishan park is quite big and stretches quite a distance...which part of it would be affected?
    Maybe this will help.... it's from HDB site. Can you spot the plot of land Clover sits on? The park area directly in front of it is marked "future high rise residences".

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/CORPORATE_PR_26122207_ANNEX_A.JPG/$file/Location+Plan.jpg

Not consistent with URA Master Plan though, which marks the area as park. So, which agency presents the most accurate/updated picture? Wouldn't know unless we work there i suppose. But would you even want to take the little bit of risk that high rise flats get built right in front of your unit?

PS: Not vested in any way....

annoyed again Guest

Wink

Yup. my friend, this forum discussions are for clover's fans to share, pls u go elsewhere to raise awareness if u not vested. Thank you.

i luv colver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered88

in that case I would expect less congestion in the car park since minority of them don't drive. Don't see much differences since currently its common to have "united nation" even for HDB dwellers...

Clarification Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BV
    Maybe this will help.... it's from HDB site. Can you spot the plot of land Clover sits on? The park area directly in front of it is marked "future high rise residences".

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/CORPORATE_PR_26122207_ANNEX_A.JPG/$file/Location+Plan.jpg

Not consistent with URA Master Plan though, which marks the area as park. So, which agency presents the most accurate/updated picture? Wouldn't know unless we work there i suppose. But would you even want to take the little bit of risk that high rise flats get built right in front of your unit?

PS: Not vested in any way....
    In the URA 2003 plan, this plan is in but is subsequently plan out and replace with the remake of the waterscape and river making.
    So it is a change of plan. This is a case of using old news to confuse with new news.....