Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Stellar

Default the stellar

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I saw a picture of the pool. it is about 3 meters by 3 meters. even if you raise fish in there, you would be accused of animal cruelty.
    you seem very anti-stellar...
    are you owner or varsity park or any of the other 99 yr condos nearby?

the maintenance fee equals the rent of a HDB apartment. that is ironic because people buy condos to avoid paying the high rent. They are still paying a high rent after buying the stellar.
    Please stop all your nonsense...Find me a HDB apartment of similar size and monthly rental similar to the monthly maintenance fees of Stellar..You are just a sore loser.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    you seem very anti-stellar...
    are you owner or varsity park or any of the other 99 yr condos nearby?
    This chap is not only anti-stellar, he made similar desparity remarks about most other West Coast properties except the Carabelle....He can write as much as he could but at the end of the day, his efforts will not bring up the value of Carabelle as compared to the others...

Quote Originally Posted by Tweety
    This chap is not only anti-stellar, he made similar desparity remarks about most other West Coast properties except the Carabelle....He can write as much as he could but at the end of the day, his efforts will not bring up the value of Carabelle as compared to the others...
    tweety. don't divert attention from the main issue here, which is the stellar is a good condo or not? I have seen your posts elsewhere. You tend to react to whatever negative comments people make about your little mouse trap at the stellar, instead of coming up with valid arguments against those negative comments.

If you have comments about other condos, you are welcome to make them. It is a free society. But don't lie and don't exaggerate, because I don't. Everything I said about this little condo of yours is true, and can be corroborated by paying a visit at the site. noisy, of course it is give that it is located at a 4 way junction with a flyover to be built this or next year. polluted, of course it is given the same reason. silly hole called private pool, of course it is true. the high maintenance fee, of course it is high.

I told you I bear you no ill well. I just like to poke fun at your glorified mouse true you call a condo.

Default the stellar

i agree ..think he owns a unit at carabelle ... which is surrounded by landed properties ..narrow roads ... in and out of that area so troublesome ...as opposed to stellar ..get out of gate, turn right to west coast highway to east coast/CBD so convenient ..

turn left to AYE , or down to holland road and you are in orchard ..so convenient ...

at night if hungry, just cross the road and theres 24 hr 7/11, prata and all ...

to be honest i really like varsity park and stellar ... but stellar is FH so i might consider getting one there ...

after all these years , ntg beats FH and convenience ...

so what carabelle is QUIET and NOT DUSTY ? takes one forever to get to main road ...

i agree ..think he owns a unit at carabelle ... which is surrounded by landed properties ..narrow roads ... in and out of that area so troublesome ...as opposed to stellar ..get out of gate, turn right to west coast highway to east coast/CBD so convenient ..

turn left to AYE , or down to holland road and you are in orchard ..so convenient ...

at night if hungry, just cross the road and theres 24 hr 7/11, prata and all ...

to be honest i really like varsity park and stellar ... but stellar is FH so i might consider getting one there ...

after all these years , ntg beats FH and convenience ...

so what carabelle is QUIET and NOT DUSTY ? takes one forever to get to main road ...
    now that is how a gentleman should argue. Just say your point, and don't attribute whatever people say to alterior motives, like tweety always does.

Default the stellar

tweety. don't divert attention from the main issue here, which is the stellar is a good condo or not? I have seen your posts elsewhere. You tend to react to whatever negative comments people make about your little mouse trap at the stellar, instead of coming up with valid arguments against those negative comments.

If you have comments about other condos, you are welcome to make them. It is a free society. But don't lie and don't exaggerate, because I don't. Everything I said about this little condo of yours is true, and can be corroborated by paying a visit at the site. noisy, of course it is give that it is located at a 4 way junction with a flyover to be built this or next year. polluted, of course it is given the same reason. silly hole called private pool, of course it is true. the high maintenance fee, of course it is high.

I told you I bear you no ill well. I just like to poke fun at your glorified mouse true you call a condo.
    ok ok lets stop this ...

each condo has its good and bad ..the PERFECT home is what we make of it, on the inside ...

I have seen condos, looking terrible outside, but inside is a world of it own ...

so stellar is FH ..good .. at a junction, maybe noisy but convenient

carabelle to me too deep inside from main road ..getting in and out very tough

clementiwoods .. 99yr ... not for me ...

infiniti ? the name implies ...too far

if you want to talk about junction and noisy and dusty ..Spectrum has it all

ok ok lets stop this ...

each condo has its good and bad ..the PERFECT home is what we make of it, on the inside ...

I have seen condos, looking terrible outside, but inside is a world of it own ...

Don't even get me started about spectrum. It is a hell hole as far as I am concerned. the stellar is not the worst condo in singapore because that dubious distinction belongs to spectrum.

Default So what

ok ok lets stop this ...

So what if Stellar is FH, just look at the psf, it is the same as varisity park which is 99yrs? What does this tell you?

Default the stellar

Don't even get me started about spectrum. It is a hell hole as far as I am concerned. the stellar is not the worst condo in singapore because that dubious distinction belongs to spectrum.
    by the way .. where exactly is this clementi highway you talked about ?

Default the stellar

Quote Originally Posted by cher
    So what if Stellar is FH, just look at the psf, it is the same as varisity park which is 99yrs? What does this tell you?
    this tells me, those who have bought varsity park , has paid too high .. not realising that theres so many units and its 99 yrs ...

only those who bought at launch made money ..those who bgt subsale or resale really paid too high for VP

by the way .. where exactly is this clementi highway you talked about ?
    flyover? yes, it was reported in ST last year, a flyover will be built near the stellar to allow big lorries in and out of the port more easily. that is not a good news for this area. so, don't buy unless the price hit 500 psf, or at least wait until the flyover is built and its impact can be assessed.

Whether Stellar is good or not is subjective..To each its own and like I say earlier, no condo is perfect but I will never exaggerate comments about other condos. Yours are over the hill and silly. If you think you didn't exaggerate, I wonder who else will. You have seen my posts elsewhere?? Then you must have been seeing stars. I haven't had a single posts elsewhere except in the Stellar topic so who is the liar?? I will only react if the comments are exaggerating, not because it is negative. I have never denied that the project is small or there are air or noise pollution or even to the fact that the maintenance fee is high but not to the terrible extent that you have described. AYE isn't polluted huh?

If you so desire to poke fun at every single condos, do it on your so called own condo. You can continue with your desparity posts about other condo units but it won't bring the price of yours any higher than the rest..

Default the stellar

flyover? yes, it was reported in ST last year, a flyover will be built near the stellar to allow big lorries in and out of the port more easily. that is not a good news for this area. so, don't buy unless the price hit 500 psf, or at least wait until the flyover is built and its impact can be assessed.
    wow thats no good ... but i am not sure though .. that huge junction is not very jam ... and its wide .. why wold they need a flyover ?

in fact i heard the moving all port stuff to tuas ...

anyway .. i am only glad that my house is at south buona vista ... away from all these ...

Whether Stellar is good or not is subjective..To each its own and like I say earlier, no condo is perfect but I will never exaggerate comments about other condos. Yours are over the hill and silly. If you think you didn't exaggerate, I wonder who else will. You have seen my posts elsewhere?? Then you must have been seeing stars. I haven't had a single posts elsewhere except in the Stellar topic so who is the liar?? I will only react if the comments are exaggerating, not because it is negative. I have never denied that the project is small or there are air or noise pollution or even to the fact that the maintenance fee is high but not to the terrible extent that you have described. AYE isn't polluted huh?

If you so desire to poke fun at every single condos, do it on your so called own condo. You can continue with your desparity posts about other condo units but it won't bring the price of yours any higher than the rest..
    there he goes again.

wow thats no good ... but i am not sure though .. that huge junction is not very jam ... and its wide .. why wold they need a flyover ?

in fact i heard the moving all port stuff to tuas ...

anyway .. i am only glad that my house is at south buona vista ... away from all these ...
    you are wrong. the big lorries and container trucks have trouble in and out of the port because of the traffic lights at the junction. You can see sometimes 20 or more lorries in a line right at the traffic light. that is not good for port's efficiency. or worst, it makes the air at the stellar area practically toxic, with all the diesel fume.

Hi tengcc,

Ha! True and untrue...They do have their private pool but I wouldn't really call it a pool because it is so small that perhaps one can only take a dip in there...A tub may be more appropriate. Maintenance fees may be rather high because of the private pool but some residents do like it though.

Cheers.
    Thanks tweety, u bought stellar? If yes, well done. Both VP and Stellar and probably CW will be in for some nice surprises come 2020. Thats when the port will start relo........ Oops, talk too much. Cheers.

Default the stellar

Quote Originally Posted by tengcc
    Thanks tweety, u bought stellar? If yes, well done. Both VP and Stellar and probably CW will be in for some nice surprises come 2020. Thats when the port will start relo........ Oops, talk too much. Cheers.
    very contradicting ... someone said building flyover ..now you said port relocating ?

Yes tengcc, I bought it since VP is out of reach for me at that time. I simply love the environment in this part of the island despite what some has said about the air and noise pollution. My love for VP will never die..Hope to get it some day. Ha! Ha! Would welcome you to drop by my place anytime...

Cheers.

Default So???

this tells me, those who have bought varsity park , has paid too high .. not realising that theres so many units and its 99 yrs ...

only those who bought at launch made money ..those who bgt subsale or resale really paid too high for VP

Who said so? Even at the same psf most will choose Varsity park versus Stellar simply because of the landscape. Stellar is so cramp my goodness! At the end of the day who cares if it is FH ot 99, in terms of rental yield 99 is higher somemore.

Brothers and sisters, arguing like that is a waste of time. A true buyer will bother to visit the site and see for himself. I have been driving there often as I like the food around the wider area, like duck rice, nasi lemak and prata. Reminds me of student days.

Personally, I find Stellar and Spectrum to be ok condos, and traffic/exhaust pollution to be within acceptable levels. Nothing that a human being will die from, though not yet proven. Maybe I am immune to it as I live in the city and these things are no problem for me. I trust the Ministry of Env to ensure that pollution levels in Singapore are within safe levels, where ever it occurs.

However there could be some people who are hyper sensitive to pollution, for whom even an usual day walking on Orchard Rd will make them ill. For these people, may I suggest condos like Raintree or Faber Heights(?) or those in Tanah Merah. A bit inconvenient without a car, but hey you can't have your cake and eat it too.

This is Singapore, find me a place that is near public transport, with clean air, greenery, and no traffic, with amenities all around you. Actually Leonie Hill fits the bill, but you gotta pay 2 or 3 times what you pay for West Coast. So be realistic.

Come to think of it, Park Infinia and Residences@Evelyn hits all those criteria but too congested. Jervois? Nathan? Can do but no MRT nor amenities. Well, all these cost a lot more than West Coast. Excuse me for off topic. Sometimes you just have to make do with the budget you have.

Default the stellar

Who said so? Even at the same psf most will choose Varsity park versus Stellar simply because of the landscape. Stellar is so cramp my goodness! At the end of the day who cares if it is FH ot 99, in terms of rental yield 99 is higher somemore.
    we are on the same frequency

if you buy to stay ..most would prefer FH ...
    buy to rent out ..then 99 yr ..cos you dont care how your tenant mess up your place ...

but if you are an investor with more than 1 property .. most would still prefer FH ...

looks like you are a ONE condo owner

i recommend the next one ..if you buy ..be a FH

very contradicting ... someone said building flyover ..now you said port relocating ?
    Dec 22, 2007 $2b mega project to expand Singapore port
    16 additional berths in Pasir Panjang to cope with trade boom By Bryan Lee SINGAPORE is spending $2 billion to expand its port to beef up annual capacity by about 40 per cent. The mega project will help ensure that the local docks, already bursting at the seams, can cope with the higher volumes expected from booming global trade.
    The expansion plans - known as Phases 3 and 4 - will make space for 16 additional berths in Pasir Panjang, which will have an annual handling capacity of 14 million standard containers, said the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore.
    Work is expected to be completed by 2013, although certain preparation and conservation initiatives have already been undertaken over the past two years.
    The project comes on top of ongoing port expansion efforts as sea traffic here has seen steady growth.
    Container traffic grew 6.9 per cent last year to hit 24.8 million twenty-foot-equivalent units (TEUs) - the term for the freight boxes - making Singapore the busiest container port in the world.
    Volumes are forecast to rise even more this year on booming trade between Asia and Europe. PSA, which operates four of the five container terminals here, expects to handle 27 million boxes this year. In the first eight months of the year, volumes were up 13.7 per cent to 17.8 million TEUs.
    The Pasir Panjang terminal, the subject of the latest expansion plan, is already doubling its number of berths over the next two years under an initial development project known as Phases 1 and 2.
    PSA Singapore Terminals, the terminal's operator, is building 13 berths at Pasir Panjang under the first two phases to bring the total to 26 berths.
    The company has spent $5 billion over the past 10 years on the terminal's two development phases. When these are completed in 2009, it expects the annual container handling capacity across its four terminals here to hit 35 million boxes that year.
    'PSA Singapore Terminals continues to experience strong growth in its container volumes and we expect to handle 27 million TEUs this year,' said a PSA spokesman. 'We have already fast-tracked our development of Pasir Panjang Terminal Phase 2. The development of Phases 3 and 4 is therefore timely.'
    Jurong Port, which runs a much smaller operation, is also beefing up capacity, upgrading quay cranes and extending the length of its five berths, said a spokesman.
    The latest expansion plan for Pasir Panjang will have a total quay length of 6km, adding to the current total of 14.2km across all 49 container berths islandwide.
    Some major roads in the area will also be lengthened and upgraded in anticipation of heavier road traffic from a bigger port. Harbour Drive will be extended eastwards while the intersection between Clementi Road and West Coast Highway will be upgraded with a flyover.
    The contract for the project has been awarded to a consortium comprising civil engineering firms Koon Construction & Transport, Penta-Ocean Construction, Hyundai Engineering & Construction and Van Oord Dredging and Marine Contractors.
    While still early days, industry experts tip PSA to be the likely operator of the new berths.
    The company did not confirm this but said: 'PSA is working closely with the Ministry of Transport and Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore on this new development. Our customers can be assured that we will have capacity for them to expand their hubbing operations here.'
    [email protected]

tengcc said the port will be relocated in 2020. not if you read the article I just posted. tengcc, you are in trouble whether you are telling the truth or not. if what you said is a lie, you may be arrested for spreading a rumor. If it is true, you are revealing confidential information that can be exploited for personal gains. watch out the police may be on the way.

tengcc said the port will be relocated in 2020. not if you read the article I just posted. tengcc, you are in trouble whether you are telling the truth or not. if what you said is a lie, you may be arrested for spreading a rumor. If it is true, you are revealing confidential information that can be exploited for personal gains. watch out the police may be on the way.
    if the port is relocating in 2020, why would the government expanding it now by adding more berths?

if the port is relocating in 2020, why would the government expanding it now by adding more berths?
    Bro, when did I mentioned the word "relocating"??. Please read again my post. Relo...... can be Reload with more facilities bla bla. Don't anyhow say ok.

Bro, when did I mentioned the word "relocating"??. Please read again my post. Relo...... can be Reload with more facilities bla bla. Don't anyhow say ok.
    too late, have already reported you to the police. give that lame excuse to them when they knock on your door.

we are on the same frequency

if you buy to stay ..most would prefer FH ...
    buy to rent out ..then 99 yr ..cos you dont care how your tenant mess up your place ...

but if you are an investor with more than 1 property .. most would still prefer FH ...

looks like you are a ONE condo owner

i recommend the next one ..if you buy ..be a FH

What makes you think i am a ONE condo owner just because I am indifferent to FH or 99, just look at Carribean, SAIL, MBR, Icon all 99 yrs, value is still holding well and worth much more than your so call "pigeon hole" FREEHOLD condo.

Default haha

What makes you think i am a ONE condo owner just because I am indifferent to FH or 99, just look at Carribean, SAIL, MBR, Icon all 99 yrs, value is still holding well and worth much more than your so call "pigeon hole" FREEHOLD condo.
    carribean/sails/MBR/icon all prices falling like mad ... i sure hope you dont have any unit there ...

Default If want FH buy landed property

carribean/sails/MBR/icon all prices falling like mad ... i sure hope you dont have any unit there ...

For condo what is important is not the 99 or FH it is Location, Location and Location! I will rather take a 99 with good location than a FH with lousy location any time. 99 or FH is only important if you are buying landed property as you own the piece of land compared to condo where you only own a space up in the air and so what if it is FH.