Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Metropolitan Condominium (D3, 99 years LH, Capitaland-Lippo JV)

Default Nerd feeling

People buying are of Nerb feeling.

Look around, 10 mins walk with free hold are available in certain area with same $ psf.

Better do a detail study before buy.

For Stay or investment.

Loan, return of investment.

WAKE UP.

737 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by eggsun
    No sure about the other units. But can confirm that one of the unit the stated transaction date is correct, however the stated transaction price is the original price from developer, and not the subsales price. The subsales price at the stated transaction date is way much higher.

Do read it with a pinch of salt on the accuracy of the information.
    the transaction date and price sld be accurate, barring human typo errors...
    however, as mentioned before on other threads, if interested in particular unit's transaction, need to pull out all entries on it before interpretation..i believe the sequence of caveat logging to ura's/sla's dba is somewhat haywire with those bought from developer being logged even later than subsales...hence interpret with care, dont jump with joy or dread thinking prices went up or down (against market thread)...

pattern Guest

Default sales transactions during launch

eggsun, that's a very useful listing that u've posted. Do u also have the 2nd and 3rd page ?

pattern Guest

Default launch prices of the units

Made a mistake. It's 737 who supplied the transaction listing. Anyone has info on the prices of the units sold during launch ?

this development is being offered for sub-sales at very cheap prices..(compared to say Dakota).. think i saw one at 800+ psf. any idea why?

Default Metropolitan

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie Homebuyer
    this development is being offered for sub-sales at very cheap prices..(compared to say Dakota).. think i saw one at 800+ psf. any idea why?
    This could be offered from 1st buyer who bought from the developer 2 years ago.

Depends on which floor, if lower level, the price was below $700 psf from developer, he is making profit and now he wants to let go and cash out!

propnex Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Investor
    This could be offered from 1st buyer who bought from the developer 2 years ago.

Depends on which floor, if lower level, the price was below $700 psf from developer, he is making profit and now he wants to let go and cash out!
    I will buy at $500 psf.

pattern Guest

Smile

Wow! $500 is way below maket rate for now. I will buy ard $800 psf for a unit abv #30...hiak hiak hiak

Dazzled Guest

Pattern, u're too generous. I won't even pay anything above $700 psf for Metro units. With one side facing the tall HDB flats, the other side being blocked by future 40-storey design & build HDB flat on the left and the possibility of more high-rise condo projects (eg Wingtai site) on the right, there's no view left.

Plus the whole project is surrounded by roads & MRT tracks, it is not worth paying so much.

Moreover, heard news that the WingTai has no plans yet to launch the site next Metro. So there is no need for potential buyers to panic & rush to buy Metro now.

Default Units for sale

Located on the fringe of district 10, The Metropolitan Condominium stands at 45 storeys tall next to the Redhill MRT Station. It is a stone's throw away from downtown Orchard Road. Whether you are getting to the CBD or having your favourite coffee at the local coffee stall, getting around the island just got more convenient.

2rm
    #3x-02

3rm
    #4x-09
    #3x-07
    #3x-05
    #2x-05
    #1x-07
    #0x-07

4rm
    #0x-10

Jacky +65 8168 0641

Peter Pan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kongrealty
    Located on the fringe of district 10, The Metropolitan Condominium stands at 45 storeys tall next to the Redhill MRT Station. It is a stone's throw away from downtown Orchard Road. Whether you are getting to the CBD or having your favourite coffee at the local coffee stall, getting around the island just got more convenient.

2rm
    #3x-02

3rm
    #4x-09
    #3x-07
    #3x-05
    #2x-05
    #1x-07
    #0x-07

4rm
    #0x-10

Jacky +65 8168 0641
    How much is the 3 rm 3x and above?

peter frying pan Guest

cost u an arm and a leg
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pan
    How much is the 3 rm 3x and above?

pattern Guest

Thumbs down

Hi, most owners quoting $1050 psf for units above #30. This is crazy! In the current softening property market, it is madness to be asking for sky high prices! In your case a 3BR unit above #30 will cost you $1.47 million!!! Unless you are cash rich, most of the buyers like myself would not be able to afford. So i will just wait for a suitable unit at the right timming. Commiting now would means my loan is around $1.2 million (80%)!!! Not to mention paying $290 000 (20%) up front!! Monthly payment is ard $5500 depending on your age. And not forgeting stamp duty of ard $35 000. I am a serious but certainly not crazy buyer.

Dazzled Guest

$1000psf for Metro units ? I agree this is crazy. Who will be willing to pay so much in the current property market which is softening ? Might as well pay slightly more to get a FH condo/ terrace house. No wonder the subsales transactions are getting lesser and lesser recently, sellers have yet to realise that buyers could only afford that much.

they need crack pipe Guest

sellers have to make sure buyers have puffed the crack pipe several times before selling to them. Anyone in a sober state wud think it is nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzled
    $1000psf for Metro units ? I agree this is crazy. Who will be willing to pay so much in the current property market which is softening ? Might as well pay slightly more to get a FH condo/ terrace house. No wonder the subsales transactions are getting lesser and lesser recently, sellers have yet to realise that buyers could only afford that much.

Unregistered_0010 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by they need crack pipe
    sellers have to make sure buyers have puffed the crack pipe several times before selling to them. Anyone in a sober state wud think it is nuts
    Saw an ad in Classified ST today asking for $800 psf for a bigger unit in Metro, showtime!!!

Show me the money Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered_0010
    Saw an ad in Classified ST today asking for $800 psf for a bigger unit in Metro, showtime!!!
    800 psf for a 30 floor and above, good buy. Below 30 floor, wait for 700 psf. Below 20 floor, wait for below 600 psf. Below 10 floor, 500 psf can happen. These are for units not facing the MRT. For units facing the MRT, deduct 20% more from the above prices but for floor 2 to 20, below 450psf becos the MRT noise is really bad. On aircon whole day also can hear from 5 plus to about mid-night, two ways travelling interval at peak of every minute, non-peak 5 minutes each way, if average out with two ways travelling, 3 minutes, peak, 30 seconds. My goodness...

?? Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzled
    Pattern, u're too generous. I won't even pay anything above $700 psf for Metro units. With one side facing the tall HDB flats, the other side being blocked by future 40-storey design & build HDB flat on the left and the possibility of more high-rise condo projects (eg Wingtai site) on the right, there's no view left.

Plus the whole project is surrounded by roads & MRT tracks, it is not worth paying so much.

Moreover, heard news that the WingTai has no plans yet to launch the site next Metro. So there is no need for potential buyers to panic & rush to buy Metro now.
    is this new site next to Metro 99 years too?

Dazzled Guest

Exclamation

Yes, it is 99

Dunnowhen Guest

Heard that it's going to TOP in June 2009? Any buyers know the actual estimated date?

Default Limited Supply, High Demand for condo near MRT

Have you read article in ST this week that Condo near MRT is in high demand and limited supply.
    I just checked URA web-site and found :
    TANGLIN REGENCY TANGLIN ROAD Condominium 620,000 710 873psf Sep-08
    TANGLIN REGENCY TANGLIN ROAD Condominium 1 700,000 710 985psf Aug-08
    TANGLIN VIEW PRINCE CHARLES CRESCENT Condominium 1 1,125,000 1,141 986sf Aug-08
    Would it be still reasonable for valuation for The Metropolitan for $900-1,000 psf ? since it has better location than these two condos above as it's next door to Redhill MRT and will be brand new and has sky-suite

Har ???? Guest

Default Better location ???

Quote Originally Posted by chr
    Would it be still reasonable for valuation for The Metropolitan for $900-1,000 psf ? since it has better location than these two condos above as it's next door to Redhill MRT and will be brand new and has sky-suite
    Sky-suite ? Is there any ? Do u mean sky terrace or garden ? To me, each project has its own unique feature & the sky garden is a unique feature that this project has.

Let's do an analysis on Metropolitan :
    1) Surrounded on 3 sides by roads {traffic noises}
    2) Super near to MRT ==> super noisy from dawn till midnite
    3) No privacy - MRT commuters/HDB dwellers looking into Metro units everyday unless u stay above #35, ie, 1 side of Metropolitan project is totally unappealing
    4) On the side facing Tanglin/Orchard, anything below #25 ==> u're being blocked by Tanglin Regency/View. On the right, soon will be blocked by the upcoming Wingtai project (48 storeys high !!! - how to beat the view ??? )
    5) Most unit layouts consist of minimum 2 planters, which is a waste of precious space
    6) No bathtub for all units (except for penthouse) and only homogeneous tiles for living/dining (not even marble)

In contrast, Tanglin Regency/View will be quieter being walking distance to MRT & facing lesser traffic noise pollution. They are still closer to Tanglin area and relatively exclusive than Metropolitan.

The only good thing about Metro is that it is brand new. But sometimes staying too near to MRT station isn't exactly a good idea. There are too much human traffic (& they add to the noise) and there is a lack of exclusivity feel about the project.

On the other note, there's another HDB project currently building at Tanglin side. Soon, Tanglin area will be infested by new public and private skyscrapers, as there are pockets of land parcel available here and there in that area.

In my opinion, Metro is only worth 600 to 800 psf at the most. It was launched at average of $750 psf (high side).

Personally, I would prefer Tanglin View/Regency as they're definitely more exclusive and offer more privacy, and I still enjoy similar amenities within walking distance.

Default Metropolitan Condo, why not ?

Yes, I mean sky-terrace, fantastic place to enjoy a view when resident wants it, like watching fireworks in Sentosa :-)

Let's just look at the facts, that Tanglin View/Regency is 99 years lease like Metropolitan and it's been more than 5-years old and still can fetch $900-1000 psf. So Metropolitan is new so don't you think it should be at least the same and as time is money, being able to just walk to MRT within 3-minutes is 'a real luxury' esp. for profesional people and also family with school-aged children, no worries even when it's raining, and no time waste, it's something that modern family are looking for right ?

Noise from MRT ? for units facing MRT line, off course there is some noise, but facing Tanglin should not hear the noise as it's blocked by the side facing MRT and lower than 25th. floor, noise from Alexandra road also blocked.
    No bath-tub? for family without babies, it's actually better as it has bigger shower which most family members even children will enjoy !

Jumbo elephant Guest

Talking

Yes, I mean sky-terrace, fantastic place to enjoy a view when resident wants it, like watching fireworks in Sentosa :-)

Let's just look at the facts, that Tanglin View/Regency is 99 years lease like Metropolitan and it's been more than 5-years old and still can fetch $900-1000 psf. So Metropolitan is new so don't you think it should be at least the same and as time is money, being able to just walk to MRT within 3-minutes is 'a real luxury' esp. for profesional people and also family with school-aged children, no worries even when it's raining, and no time waste, it's something that modern family are looking for right ?

Noise from MRT ? for units facing MRT line, off course there is some noise, but facing Tanglin should not hear the noise as it's blocked by the side facing MRT and lower than 25th. floor, noise from Alexandra road also blocked.
    No bath-tub? for family without babies, it's actually better as it has bigger shower which most family members even children will enjoy !

Wah, chr does sound like a potential buyer, or even owner or agent of Metro ! U mean u can see the fireworks at Sentosa at the sky garden in Metro ? Thought it'll be blocked by the taller HDB flats facing it..

I'm sure Tanglin Regency or Tanglin View have their own charm & advantages, that's why people are still willing to buy at such high prices and not choose the brand new Metro.

For me, I would choose neither projects and wait for property market to turn worse for more choices elsewhere. So long as any project is within walking distance to MRT station, it's fine with me. Gd exercise to walk to MRT station too. I do mind the MRT noise, would prefer projects next to underground MRT stations.

But I do love to have a bathtub at home to soak myself in after a hard day.

tie your neak Guest

All you losers talk so much cock also will not stop condo prices from falling.
    Singapore will go into recession and all your properties will go under water.
    Get a rope ready to tie around your neaks.

orangetee Guest

To all agents from different agencies.

Please Co-op, i know sales are getting very down.

No point coming here and vent frustration with

vulgarities and nonsense postings.

Thank you.

I'm quite shocked with the kind of reply i got when I tried to express my opinion.

I don't know if this is common in singapore, that people can be so rude when they're expressing their points.
    Singapore as first world country or not will be seen thru what we say and what we do. Graciousness seems a very rare commodity here in Singapore.

My last comment is : Winning and losing is common in life and life goes on.
    Being able to gracefully accept the other point of view is telling how mature is the person or the country is.

Thanks guys and good luck with your property in Singapore (I'm not an agent or property owner :-), so I'm not impacted hahaha.

face it Guest

Wink

I'm quite shocked with the kind of reply i got when I tried to express my opinion.

I don't know if this is common in singapore, that people can be so rude when they're expressing their points.
    Singapore as first world country or not will be seen thru what we say and what we do. Graciousness seems a very rare commodity here in Singapore.

My last comment is : Winning and losing is common in life and life goes on.
    Being able to gracefully accept the other point of view is telling how mature is the person or the country is.

Thanks guys and good luck with your property in Singapore (I'm not an agent or property owner :-), so I'm not impacted hahaha.
    With current financial crisis and drop in property sales, sellers and agents are very sensitive to comments.

If you say something good about some other property esp if it is nearby, they have negative things to tell you.

If you say something bad about their properties, you get bombard.

You can't stop people from saying what they wanted. This is a forum, so be prepared to get negative feedbacks. It's part and parcel of life. It happens in Singapore and also in other parts of the world.

Unregisteredd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by face it
    With current financial crisis and drop in property sales, sellers and agents are very sensitive to comments.

If you say something good about some other property esp if it is nearby, they have negative things to tell you.

You can't stop people from saying what they wanted. This is a forum, so be prepared to get negative feedbacks. It's part and parcel of life. It happens in Singapore and also in other parts of the world.
    Get lost lah.

Unregistered111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by face it

Easy solution, shut the F U C K up