Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Metropolitan Condominium (D3, 99 years LH, Capitaland-Lippo JV)

Woof Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UnregĄstered
    "I could only sensed Denial..."
    What?

There is no need to resort to name calling. Just look at the Livia URA transaction.

If The Metro is selling at the same price as Livia, why are so many buying Livia?

Your thousand reasons are these buyers are stupid.

There is one more reason.
    There must be a conman here.
    Come out Novena dumbass, come out... stop hiding here

symantec Guest

u r the crazy nut that goes around contaminating the forum with your nonsense
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Come out Novena dumbass, come out... stop hiding here

Unregistered2 Guest

Regarding the top up for loan above valuation, I heard from my father in-law he know of people who was asked to do so at the time when the Regent Heights 3+1 unit he bought tumbled from $765K to to $550K. FYI, the lowest rental he received for that unit was ~ $1700/month during 2004 to 2005 period. His studio unit at Harbor View only yield a rental of ~ $1400/month for same period.

Unregistered2 Guest

Found this discussion on a forum regarding the topping up, seems true when there is a "negative equity". See details in following website: http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/vie...3076b5da87baee

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    Found this discussion on a forum regarding the topping up, seems true when there is a "negative equity". See details in following website: http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/vie...3076b5da87baee
    As per the forum discussion, it is not true when there is a "negative equity".
    Quote Originally Posted by kc.tan
    Hi,

I have asked my bank whether will they force me to pay the difference when my property valuation goes down say from 500k to 200k, a diff. of 300k. My banker says in theory, yes but so far, they have not done so but I will need to fulfill my monthly loan obligation.

Can anyone help to verify whether the bank can do that. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZhenYuBeng
    The key issue is how much you owe the bank. If you owe the bank $150K, and the property valuation goes down to $200K, you still have enough value in the collateral to cover the loan.

If you owe the bank $400k and the property valuation goes down to $200K, then your collateral is not enough to cover the loan and the Bank has the right to call for a top up of collateral.

However, in practice, for long term loans such as housing loans, most banks would not call for additional collateral so long as you can service your monthly loan obligation. That is the advantage of long term loans.

Do watch out for your credit record though as the Banks monitor it through the Credit Bureau. So if you default on your credit cards payment thereby affecting your credit score adversely, the Bank would be alerted and would review all your credit facilities, including your housing loan. One default in one credit or loan could trigger a review / recall of all loans.

Take care.

RegĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UnregĄstered
    As per the forum discussion, it is not true when there is a "negative equity".
    So we must go for long-term loan lah!

Haha Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RegĄstered
    So we must go for long-term loan lah!
    Aiyah! Buy with as much cash as possible lah.
    This is first-world cash-rich Singapore. Please lah! Don't always depends on loan.

As long as your loan balance is NOT lower than the property valuation price at current. You are NOT call on by Bank to TOP up or you should say lower your loan balance. In this case Local bank are more relax than foreign bank. If you are call by them to drink coffee, all you need is provide your strong saving statement or CPF OA + SA account (2nd property must always be above 52K).

So another word do not pay down your loan fast in order to capitalise on low interest mortgage loan. Reserve more opportunity funds (Cash or CPF OA) do buy somemore at another 15% -20% down.

Although many say is bottom, but I think wait for bottom bottom.

Is my own opinion, please do NOT get agigated.

I am looking to buy Metropolitan 2brm 775sf (no low floor). If you have such units, appreciate if you can send me a private email <[email protected]>.

Looking for stack 3 1066sqft any floor below 820psf last done on Mar 09 in same stack is 800psf. Can PM me

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    Looking for stack 3 1066sqft any floor below 820psf last done on Mar 09 in same stack is 800psf. Can PM me
    Hi, my guess is that its the original price that the owner purchase 3yrs ago and is only now lodging the caveat. This is usual for projects under deferred payment schemes as owners will only lodge the caveats near TOP. I understand that this project will TOP in June/July 09.

Default Any suggestions in ???psf of M

Quite interested in getting a small unit at M, what is the best stack and price ? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris168
    Quite interested in getting a small unit at M, what is the best stack and price ? thanks
    For the 2bdrm, there is the 700+sqft and the 1000+sqft kind. The best stack for the 700+sqft kind is stack 4 and the best stack for the 1000+sqft is stack 3. Both are facing the tanglin good class bungalow. There are only 11 of each of these units, from 17flr to 29 flr (22-23 flr is the sky garden). The remaining floors are the 1700+sqft types. The stack facing Tanglin are going at $900 to $1000psf. This is consistent with the Ascentia Sky which will be launch in the second half of this year starting at $1000+psf.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZs
    Hi, my guess is that its the original price that the owner purchase 3yrs ago and is only now lodging the caveat. This is usual for projects under deferred payment schemes as owners will only lodge the caveats near TOP. I understand that this project will TOP in June/July 09.
    Is this the case - For deferred payment schemes, owners will only lodge the caveats near TOP? I thought as long as the option balance 15% is made, the caveats will be lodged?

Quote Originally Posted by RonZs
    For the 2bdrm, there is the 700+sqft and the 1000+sqft kind. The best stack for the 700+sqft kind is stack 4 and the best stack for the 1000+sqft is stack 3. Both are facing the tanglin good class bungalow. There are only 11 of each of these units, from 17flr to 29 flr (22-23 flr is the sky garden). The remaining floors are the 1700+sqft types. The stack facing Tanglin are going at $900 to $1000psf. This is consistent with the Ascentia Sky which will be launch in the second half of this year starting at $1000+psf.
    I agree that for those stack facing tanglin will be a good buy at below $850psf as long as Ascentia Sky is launch at $1000+psf. In addition, it is CapitaLand Vs WingTai property - Who has a better name in terms of finishing and quality?

Quote Originally Posted by vin002
    I agree that for those stack facing tanglin will be a good buy at below $850psf as long as Ascentia Sky is launch at $1000+psf. In addition, it is CapitaLand Vs WingTai property - Who has a better name in terms of finishing and quality?
    check the floor plan for layout also lah ...

so what if it is CDL / WingTAi is the unit is Triangle shape ? or have toilet facing main door etc ..

its a lot to look out for ... layout , facing, etc

i dont believe in whatever neighbour selling at 1000 psf so you must be at par or close to it ...

over the years i have seen too many cases of huge price differences between 2 neighbouring projects ... even between FH and 99 yr...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    check the floor plan for layout also lah ...

so what if it is CDL / WingTAi is the unit is Triangle shape ? or have toilet facing main door etc ..

its a lot to look out for ... layout , facing, etc

i dont believe in whatever neighbour selling at 1000 psf so you must be at par or close to it ...

over the years i have seen too many cases of huge price differences between 2 neighbouring projects ... even between FH and 99 yr...
    I agree on the point that "neighbour selling at 1000psf, you need not be at par or close to it". That's why I say at Metropolitan, those units facing tanglin at below $850psf is a good buy. It is not near $1000psf, facing is fine and layout is consider not bad.

However, in terms of finishing, try comparing between developers. You can ask around those with property more that 5 years old to check how is the quality of the unit after five years. There is a reason behind choose a better developer for better finishing and less problem after 5 years of stay (Look at the key word - "Less problem").

going by since March deals
    psf ranges from 782 to 939

so correct level to me around 870-880 psf

Quote Originally Posted by NoodyGirl
    going by since March deals
    psf ranges from 782 to 939

so correct level to me around 870-880 psf
    This will need to depend on the unit size, upper or lower floor, facing.

Default Sale

Stack 04 very high floor premium 2br at Metropolitan for sale. TOP in June. asking price $850K. Interested pls call me at 9787 77701

What is the sq ft?

732sf - sorry my contact number is 9787 7701

Noticed that the MRT track is running through the condo premise. Will the condo value be affected?

Anyone knows if they have plans to block up the MRT Track?

Quote Originally Posted by hepenus68
    Stack 04 very high floor premium 2br at Metropolitan for sale. TOP in June. asking price $850K. Interested pls call me at 9787 77701
    $850k is way overpriced! Most this is only worth $700 psf, assuming this faces orchard rd. $1110 psf, is daylight robbery. Only a fool would buy at this price

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    $850k is way overpriced! Most this is only worth $700 psf, assuming this faces orchard rd. $1110 psf, is daylight robbery. Only a fool would buy at this price
    I think the launch price for that unit size is around $850 to $1K psf and you cannot buy that as it is to be purchased with the unit next door. In addition, there are only 14 such units and this unit is supposed to be on the higher floor. So the seller is asking for around $100psf profit. Depending on how you look at it, if market goes up further, then this asking price may be reasonable. However, under current situation, I don't find it realistic. Maybe $950 to $1050 psf still reasonable.

Actually i dont like the way you put it "Daylight Robbery"! This is what other sellers is selling lower floor asking for $1000 to $1100psf! I did not force you to buy. This is what i am looking at! To buy or not is up to you! In the first place, i am not in a hurry to sell!

Quote Originally Posted by hepenus68
    Actually i dont like the way you put it "Daylight Robbery"! This is what other sellers is selling lower floor asking for $1000 to $1100psf! I did not force you to buy. This is what i am looking at! To buy or not is up to you! In the first place, i am not in a hurry to sell!
    Well, I didnt force you to read my post either. And for those who are not in need to get a place to stay, I see no reason why this should be worth $1,100 psf and imo is akin to daylight robbery. Might as well buy those Freehold Condos at Tiong Baru area like Twin Regency vs 99LH.

End of the day, you have a right to ask, but buyers also have a right to offer and reject your price. Remember, your unit is not the only house in Singapore. So in terms of negotiation, we are the one with cash and its now a buyer's market. Regardless of what the media is potraying. If you are not in a rush to sell, then might as well keep it and wait for Ascentia Sky to be launched first and see if you can sell at $1,100 psf

Whether its for investment or for own stay, it doesnt make sense to buy at $1100 psf since with the inpending supply glut in 2010-2011, if I'm buying:-

1) for investment, buy Ascentia Sky and wait for the project to TOP in time for market recovery or

2) for own stay, I will rent instead since there are plenty of choices available, both new and old units.

Why would i want to pay $1,100 psf and pass the profits to you and then subsidise my tenants since I will have to compete to find a reducing number of tenants.

If you are a first hand buyer, then you probably wouldnt need to subsidise the tenant and thus will not be in hurry to sell since yield will be decent anyway. But if you bought sub-sale.....all the best.

PS: My post is not meant to please you, but to warn people that prices, esp in the past 4 weeks, has risen without justifications at all. So I cant help you if you dislike my usage of `Daylight Robbery'.

Well, I didnt force you to read my post either. And for those who are not in need to get a place to stay, I see no reason why this should be worth $1,100 psf and imo is akin to daylight robbery. Might as well buy those Freehold Condos at Tiong Baru area like Twin Regency vs 99LH.

End of the day, you have a right to ask, but buyers also have a right to offer and reject your price. Remember, your unit is not the only house in Singapore. So in terms of negotiation, we are the one with cash and its now a buyer's market. Regardless of what the media is potraying. If you are not in a rush to sell, then might as well keep it and wait for Ascentia Sky to be launched first and see if you can sell at $1,100 psf

Whether its for investment or for own stay, it doesnt make sense to buy at $1100 psf since with the inpending supply glut in 2010-2011, if I'm buying:-

1) for investment, buy Ascentia Sky and wait for the project to TOP in time for market recovery or

2) for own stay, I will rent instead since there are plenty of choices available, both new and old units.

Why would i want to pay $1,100 psf and pass the profits to you and then subsidise my tenants since I will have to compete to find a reducing number of tenants.

If you are a first hand buyer, then you probably wouldnt need to subsidise the tenant and thus will not be in hurry to sell since yield will be decent anyway. But if you bought sub-sale.....all the best.

PS: My post is not meant to please you, but to warn people that prices, esp in the past 4 weeks, has risen without justifications at all. So I cant help you if you dislike my usage of `Daylight Robbery'.
    Hi HP,

Sorry to hijack and off thread a bit on the above... Just like to ask: if A.Sky is really launching at $1,000-$1,100 psf, do you, in your opinion, seriously think that it's worth the deal? A 2 bedder would cost 1 Mil and up while Alexis sellers may probably be willing to offload theirs at same price for a Freehold status... A 3 bedder in AS would probably ask for 1.5-1.8 mil. A stone throw away at the entrance of RV (after delta house) the projects there are going at 1100-1200 psf (as witnessed by RV Suites and Mercury) and these are Freehold. To top it up, there are tons of FH condos in the same stretch. 3 bedder 1.5-1.8 Mil who is gonna buy even after you stayed for 2-3 years and try to sell; assuming the market had recovered by then... Is A.Sky really a lucarative option from an investment view? What's your POV?

Quote Originally Posted by Antz621
    Hi HP,

Sorry to hijack and off thread a bit on the above... Just like to ask: if A.Sky is really launching at $1,000-$1,100 psf, do you, in your opinion, seriously think that it's worth the deal? A 2 bedder would cost 1 Mil and up while Alexis sellers may probably be willing to offload theirs at same price for a Freehold status... A 3 bedder in AS would probably ask for 1.5-1.8 mil. A stone throw away at the entrance of RV (after delta house) the projects there are going at 1100-1200 psf (as witnessed by RV Suites and Mercury) and these are Freehold. To top it up, there are tons of FH condos in the same stretch. 3 bedder 1.5-1.8 Mil who is gonna buy even after you stayed for 2-3 years and try to sell; assuming the market had recovered by then... Is A.Sky really a lucarative option from an investment view? What's your POV?
    No worries. My comparison with A.Sky was only in reference to earlier postings that stated it maybe launched at around $1k psf. I really have no better information since I'm not the CEO of Wingtai. And its only because its meant to compare with Metropolitan. From an investment POV, I prefer to stick to Districts 1,9,10,11, and sentosa area...old school thinking.

I remember when Queens was launched back in the 90s. A lot of my friends think its a great project. Unfortunately it TOP after the financial crisis and only recently during the recent market bull-run did it managed to breakeven. And now, it has to compete with numerous newer condos that are located near to MRT: Meraprime, Metropolitan, A.Sky etc and yet its older by at least 10yr. Imo, these are only good for own stay, not investment grade properties.

good advice .... yes, some people can hold now, but with the loads of supply coming till 2011 .... there will be selling pressure. ....