Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by gemstone
    the master bathroom is modern 'open concept', the glass replace the conventional wall. I just wish to share a little bad experience here about this glass bathroom... beware of water seepage, damaging to the parquet

i c a unit at high flr. gemstone is wrong unless u fill bathroom wth water till ceiling height. Glass separating bedroom n bathrm gt tiles meh. how 2 seep? Aiyah I c all in this forum talk but dont c much in details. .

Open concept nice. plenty lighting
    very comfortable bathroom. master bedroom very classy wth window sitting area. gd materials, marble, wardrobe system, solid door used. High celing close to 11ft even after plaster. Very clean compound. I c lift lobby cleaner thn some ppl living rm. Living n dining plenty sunlight. Private lift area can do nicely. Agent tell some put chandelier n no need press button wth access card.

Pricey. Nice n classy project but not same class wth Orchard. I c a lot of ang mohs in and out. agent tell very gd on rent. Steady rent more impt. I c few more projects be4 decide.

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$
    i c a unit at high flr. gemstone is wrong unless u fill bathroom wth water till ceiling height. Glass separating bedroom n bathrm gt tiles meh. how 2 seep? Aiyah I c all in this forum talk but dont c much in details. .
    I am not referring to R@E in my experience but another project with similar kind of glass open concept master bath.

actually I have no idea how the seepage happen, it just happen. after bath, saw a small patch of water on the exterior just outside the glass part, submit for defects rectification, the contractor came up and re-seal the edges of the glass. The parquet around the seepage is damage by the water.

Quote Originally Posted by gemstone
    I have not viewed this stack before, but i do have similar view that this could be one of the good stack with little afternoon sun. How about the amount of morning sun?

Wondering whether units in this stack 1 are too close with neighbouring Setia, and the upcoming Trilight?, need privacy. I saw some pictures in the internet, from bedroom can see Setia, but not sure is it from stack 1,2 or 7..
    The BRs and Balcony faces East & NE. Hence plenty of sun. Most impt no noon sun, otherwise the baywindows will make it an oven.

Stack 1 BR can see Setia but it overlook's Setia's pool Trilight far far away.

askd agent maintenance fee ard $270. nt 2 expensive.

Open concept nice. plenty lighting
    very comfortable bathroom. master bedroom very classy wth window sitting area. gd materials, marble, wardrobe system, solid door used. High celing close to 11ft even after plaster. Very clean compound. I c lift lobby cleaner thn some ppl living rm. Living n dining plenty sunlight. Private lift area can do nicely. Agent tell some put chandelier n no need press button wth access card.

Pricey. Nice n classy project but not same class wth Orchard. I c a lot of ang mohs in and out. agent tell very gd on rent. Steady rent more impt. I c few more projects be4 decide.
    hi richie$$$ can u pm agent no

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    hi richie$$$ can u pm agent no
    U look paper/call ard. i know u also looking. sorry

U look paper/call ard. i know u also looking. sorry
    PM me on the unit no separately. You have yet to decide and still looking at new projects around Novena. And it is better to have friends than foes in order not to push up the prices and be played by agents.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    You are telling me that Richmond Park and Suites@Central 1 in Somerset and the other in Orchard is it? Strange strange. Let's compare:
    Richmond Park - about 100m from Mt Elizabeth Hospital, about 600m from Somerset MRT station, 13 years old.
    Suites@Central - about 200m from Somerset MRT station, about 700m from Mt Elizabeth Hospital, less than 1 year old.
    Why the 2 not comparable in terms of location?
    Some people have to understand what to analyse when you come to such situation. Good luck. I dont think I want to educate others.

It's also good to have such people around as the market will be imperfect for others to capitalise on. And they don't see other markets beyond SG which show similar characteristics. Thank you to such people

PM me on the unit no separately. You have yet to decide and still looking at new projects around Novena. And it is better to have friends than foes in order not to push up the prices and be played by agents.
    can but u nd 2 share wht units u hv seen. u dun alot of homework i c. OK?

can but u nd 2 share wht units u hv seen. u dun alot of homework i c. OK?
    Hello Richie$$$. This morning I PM you the units I've seen earlier. I'm still awaiting your agent contact and unit no. Please reply

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Newton One apartment hits $1,676 psf
    The Edge
    Monday, 26 October 2009

There was a flurry of activity in the Newton Road area, with five transactions of between $1,100 and $1,676 psf carried out from Sept 25 to Oct 2, according to caveats lodged with URA Realis. The highest psf transacted price for that week was seen at a 1,216 sq ft, 10th-floor apartment at Newton One — it was sold for $2.038 million or $1,676 psf. Another transaction that took place in the same tower was for a 21st-floor, 1,808 sq ft apartment that changed hands for $3.028 million ($1,675 psf).

Newton One, a 91-unit freehold luxury condominium project by Lippo Group, received its TOP just a few months ago. It was launched in mid- 2006 at $1,200 to $1,250 psf, which was considered a new price benchmark in the Newton area at a time when most developments there were fetching around $1,000 psf.

The two sellers at Newton One must be pretty pleased with their sale. The owner of the two-bedroom 1216 sqft apartment on the 10th floor purchased it from the developer in July 2006 for $1.36 million, or $1,122 psf. He enjoyed a 49% price appreciation from the transaction.

Meanwhile, the owner of the three-bedroom 1,808 sq ft apartment on the 21st floor who sold the unit at $1,675 psf, purchased it in a sub-sale in May 2007 for $2.72 million ($1,504 psf). The previous owner had purchased the unit during its launch in July 2006 for $2.235 million or $1,236 psf.

These transactions show that prices at Newton One are back to the boom levels seen two years ago. The highest price achieved in the project was when a 23rd-storey, 1,916 sq ft apartment changed hands in a sub-sale at $2,000 psf, or a quantum price of $3.832 million, in December 2007.

Owners at Newton One are probably benchmarking their asking prices to new launches in the neighbourhood. Right next door is Ho Bee Group’s Trilight, which started its private preview on Oct 9. To date, of the 60 units released, 51 have been sold at an average price of $1,650 psf. The 205-unit condo is expected to be completed in 2012.

Meanwhile, further down the road, joint-venture partners Koh Brothers, Heeton Holdings, KSH Holdings and Lian Beng Group previewed Lincoln Suites last Thursday. Fifty-six units will be released in the first phase, with prices starting from $1,680 psf. The project will contain a mix of units ranging from studio and one-bedroom apartments to duplexes and penthouses.

Older developments in the vicinity, however, have not quite crossed the $1,600 psf level. Just a few doors from Newton One is Newton Euro Asia, a freehold condo by Euro-Asia Realty completed in 2004. A 1184 sqft apartment on the 12th floor changed hands at $1.48 million ($1,250 psf) in a resale. The seller had bought the unit in June for $1.28 million ($1,081 psf), hence flipping the property for a 16% gain in just four months.

Across the road is Newton 18, an 81-unit freehold luxury condo project by Wing Tai Holdings completed five years ago. The most recent caveat showed that an apartment on the 28th floor of the 30-storey condo was sold for $1.38 million, or $1,491 psf. The highest transacted price psf in the development was for an 807 sq ft, ninth-floor apartment — it was sold for $1.32 million, or $1,635 sq ft, in November 2007.

Wing Tai’s other project (next door to Newton 18) is the 99-year leasehold, 311-unit Amaryllis Ville, which was also completed five years ago. The most recent transaction in the development was for a fifth-floor unit that was sold for $1.36 million or $1,100 psf. The previous owner had purchased the 1,238 sq ft two-bedroom apartment in March 2007 for $1.28 million ($1,030 psf).

So, it looks like the new high-end developments in the Newton area are testing new price levels. Residences@Evelyn, a freehold luxury 208-unit l condo located on the quiet and exclusive Evelyn Road, just off Newton Road, saw a 28th-floor apartment in one of the twin towers changing hands at $1.88 million or $1,650 psf. The 1,141 sq ft apartment was first bought in October 2006 for $1.45 million or $1,280 psf. But, Newton One, being the newest condo on the block, is able to command a slight premium for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter

Newton One apartment hits $1,676 psf
    The Edge
    Monday, 26 October 2009

So, it looks like the new high-end developments in the Newton area are testing new price levels. Residences@Evelyn, a freehold luxury 208-unit l condo located on the quiet and exclusive Evelyn Road, just off Newton Road, saw a 28th-floor apartment in one of the twin towers changing hands at $1.88 million or $1,650 psf. The 1,141 sq ft apartment was first bought in October 2006 for $1.45 million or $1,280 psf
    for R@E, this must be d block 15 not hvg city view. i heard frm agent tht some bought at abv $2,200 psf n advised me still got room 2 go higher n mkt still going wth steam. after hk, singapore mkt next target

for R@E, this must be d block 15 not hvg city view. i heard frm agent tht some bought at abv $2,200 psf n advised me still got room 2 go higher n mkt still going wth steam. after hk, singapore mkt next target
    Haha. Which idiot would buy R@E at 2,200? At this level so many choices better........

yeah, even the VIDA on sale at below 2100psf is a better buy if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    Haha. Which idiot would buy R@E at 2,200? At this level so many choices better........

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

The agent advised you to buy or sell (if you had already bought)?

The agent advised you to buy or sell (if you had already bought)?
    buy lah...if not i dun talk in tis forum. not like u. always poke ur nose here there. but no add value.
    price then when scotts >2500psf. R@E at 2200psf. need 2 check URA. talk only no facts nt gd.

R@E got $2200 psf mah? Better check & confirm first lah, Don't mislead people...

buy lah...if not i dun talk in tis forum. not like u. always poke ur nose here there. but no add value.
    price then when scotts >2500psf. R@E at 2200psf. need 2 check URA. talk only no facts nt gd.

Think agent got confused R@E for highest in Newton/Novena which is now Lincoln Suites at 2200psf.

Highly unlikely ppl pay $600psf difference for the same project within a month.

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    Think agent got confused R@E for highest in Newton/Novena which is now Lincoln Suites at 2200psf.

Highly unlikely ppl pay $600psf difference for the same project within a month.
    hello....agent said 2200psf back then.
    now c mini mouse comments on new projects. somemore wait 2 yrs. 2 yrs many things can happen 2 a project n surroundings, economy.
    buy wht u c.

andy, u also talk only, want 2 sell ur unit but keep increasing price. we buyers how 2 f@$% can buy
    teddy sure property agent novena area. complaint abt other projects. v state facts lah.

R@E got $2200 psf mah? Better check & confirm first lah, Don't mislead people...
    hello..read la.my english not gd but i said gotta check with ura on what agent said. agent tell me dun trust other agents. how 2 trust propoerty agents. if boyfriend/girlfriend property agent, dun know which time tell truth.

i read u keep pushing novena area. u must b agent/flipper 4 new project in tht area. so wht u said i think not much value add. n u dun contribute much.

hello..read la.my english not gd but i said gotta check with ura on what agent said. agent tell me dun trust other agents. how 2 trust propoerty agents. if boyfriend/girlfriend property agent, dun know which time tell truth.

i read u keep pushing novena area. u must b agent/flipper 4 new project in tht area. so wht u said i think not much value add. n u dun contribute much.
    i'm renting a 2-bedder pending completion of purchase. great maintenance I must say. response time is fast on maintenance works. neighbours are friendly. car park plenty of space. even the lift lobby at car park basement is airconditioned. nice pool and bbq area. sweeping so often till hardly see a piece of thrash.

on the hindsight if continue to listen to others/hear other comments, prices would have gone so high till I cant afford. commments are free

if compare sizes of R@E and 1 to 2 years old project in newton against new project launches, i go for R@E or 1 to 2 years old project instead of those mickey mouse projects.

at the end of the day, you need to stay to be able to comment

i'm renting a 2-bedder pending completion of purchase. great maintenance I must say. response time is fast on maintenance works. neighbours are friendly. car park plenty of space. even the lift lobby at car park basement is airconditioned. nice pool and bbq area. sweeping so often till hardly see a piece of thrash.

on the hindsight if continue to listen to others/hear other comments, prices would have gone so high till I cant afford. commments are free

if compare sizes of R@E and 1 to 2 years old project in newton against new project launches, i go for R@E or 1 to 2 years old project instead of those mickey mouse projects.

at the end of the day, you need to stay to be able to comment
    how u manage d space? Smaller than out of city condos.

how u manage d space? Smaller than out of city condos.
    You must be comparing prime projects with those in east coast, upper bukit timah where more spacious. You can't

here you need a lot of creativity and use of wall and platform area. It is more challenging to make this 2-bedder very comfortable and can be done. Have engaged an Interior designer on the stand by once purchase complete. Anyway moving around is excellent.

A station away from orchard and a walk no more than 500m to MRT. cab fare also cheaper since closer to town after drinking sessions.

how much is the mthly maintenance?

Why you say I keep pushing Novena area? I also said Orchard is the best, even better Novena, so why you didn't say I keep pushing Orchard? Selective memory or???

On the other hand, I also said many of the condos in the Newton area on the other side of the Newton Circus separated by the Dunearn flyover are all over-rated and over-priced. These are even lousier than many of the so-called Novena condos. I already provided facts. Up to now, nobody is able to refute the facts I mentioned. Because of this, so some of these people with personal self-interests resorting to personal attack on others and trying to discredit them is it? The best way to discredit the facts other people brought up is to provide facts, not personal attacks. People will digest the facts and see for themselves. If you had bought such over-priced and over-rated properties, good luck to you. However, no way you can bully others into saying that the crap you buy is good.

That Newton area is really crap because of that Newton Circus. Just today again, I were caught in a bloody traffic jam when trying to pass by Newton Circus (and it is not even peak hours). The bloody Newton Circus area is always so unpredictable, you won't know when there will be bloody bad traffic jam. It can be from Dunearn Road side or it can be from Scotts Road side or it can be from Newton Road side (or sometimes all roads at same time). Always happen especially I am already running late and least expect this bloody traffic jam there because it is not even peak hours and they don't always occur with frequency (which then I can predict and give allowance for time needed to travel). Anyway, I will be moving out of somewhere there and hopefully I will avoid this Newton Circus once and for all.

Last edited by teddybear; 31-10-09 at 22:16.

so cant buy orchard n somerset also jam? wht logic?
    Why you say I keep pushing Novena area? I also said Orchard is the best, even better Novena, so why you didn't say I keep pushing Orchard? Selective memory or???

On the other hand, I also said many of the condos in the Newton area on the other side of the Newton Circus separated by the Dunearn flyover are all over-rated and over-priced. These are even lousier than many of the so-called Novena condos. I already provided facts. Up to now, nobody is able to refute the facts I mentioned. Because of this, so some of these people with personal self-interests resorting to personal attack on others and trying to discredit them is it? The best way to discredit the facts other people brought up is to provide facts, not personal attacks. People will digest the facts and see for themselves. If you had bought such over-priced and over-rated properties, good luck to you. However, no way you can bully others into saying that the crap you buy is good.

That Newton area is really crap because of that Newton Circus. Just today again, I were caught in a bloody traffic jam when trying to pass by Newton Circus (and it is not even peak hours). The bloody Newton Circus area is always so unpredictable, you won't know when there will be bloody bad traffic jam. It can be from Dunearn Road side or it can be from Scotts Road side or it can be from Newton Road side (or sometimes all roads at same time). Always happen especially I am already running late and least expect this bloody traffic jam there because it is not even peak hours and they don't always occur with frequency (which then I can predict and give allowance for time needed to travel). Anyway, I will be moving out of somewhere there and hopefully I will avoid this Newton Circus once and for all.

Logic is: If compare Newton vs Novena, buy Novena (because both are in same class & just within walking distance!).
    Compare to Orchard, well, up to individuals (as Newton & Novena are not comparable to Orchard in terms of class).

so cant buy orchard n somerset also jam? wht logic?

Got a good deal what psf did you pay?

First time staying in condo in this area?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    how much is the mthly maintenance?
    management/sinking fund -= $282 per mth for 1033 sqft

management/sinking fund -= $282 per mth for 1033 sqft
    IMHO 1033 sqft is not small... it is really all the space a couple would need and be comfortable...

A little creativity will make 1033 sqft nice and comfy...

I used to stay in a 4000 sqft house with my wife, and we suffer in terms of cleaning... we find 3/4 of the space unused and just collecting dust...

after that, i know, all the space i need is between 900 sqft and 1200 sqft... anything more, is really a waste, and anything less... wow.. need to be very creative in space usage.

Good choice on R@E. I just wish i bought earlier too..