Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

My thought too that PI gets higher $psf now is because of being more convenience (read "location"!). Interior fittings not so important, but exterior fittings & facade very important because we can't change those! No exterior facade to shelter from rain and sun? Good luck! All in, location is still the most important otherwise developers can develop 6-star quality condos in Woodlands and sell at >$3000 psf!

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    I dun remember exactly the fittings at R@E. But the unit itself is indeed better than PI.
    The only reason PI gets higher psf now is probably because of the convenience.

btw I dun really value the fittings *that* much, as long as it's not those noname ones. The quality of the unit itself is much more important.

PI is that there are many half past six cannot quite make it upgraders and investors, in addition to the tenants. also, that entire neighbourhood feels very heartlandish....
    the people who frequent United Sq and Novena Sq aren't very cosmo, judging by the clothes they wear and the shops/eating places that are there. the whole area feels like an HDB estate...
    Cannot make it at PI? PI neighbourhood so heartlandish? Wow! You must be living in 1 of those Goodwood hills GCBs? But then those places seem so ulu too!
    Look at cars know whether they are rich or poor? Look at their wearings and shops / eating places there to know the people's status, etiquette, elegency etc? Poor Warren Buffett! He will taken to be really poor many times over and have no status, etiquette, elegency etc! Those HDB estates in Woodlands, Bukit Panjang, Pasir Ris, etc must have been infected with xxxxx.
    By the way, Simpang also very low density (close to zero density) and have lots of greenery around. Can sell at >$3000 psf?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus
    having visited both, i feel that R@E feels more posh and the neighbourhood feels more upper class. that neighbourhood feels truly like a residential enclave. feels lower density. lots of green around there.

My feel at PI is that there are many half past six cannot quite make it upgraders and investors, in addition to the tenants. also, that entire neighbourhood feels very heartlandish.... the people who frequent United Sq and Novena Sq aren't very cosmo, judging by the clothes they wear and the shops/eating places that are there. the whole area feels like an HDB estate, albeit a privately owned and slightly more moneyed one.

another yardstick to judge by- the type of cars in the car parks. don't get me wrong, PI has expensive cars too, but not a high % of the total population of cars.

then again, it is just my feel. i could be very wrong.

having visited both, i feel that R@E feels more posh and the neighbourhood feels more upper class. that neighbourhood feels truly like a residential enclave.
    I think almost every one who has compared R@E and PI will say R@E is a nicer project. The building, layout, fixture, floor, doors, windows, etc, just looks better.

The fact that PI has better psf now means in pty business, it's still location, location, location.

teddy won't u agree R@E by itself is simply a better built/designed project if location is not a factor ?

Ok you win, R@E indeed looks nicer than PI from outside .
    Quality wise I am not sure though, but seems to be better than PI too. Only issue is the location not so convenience, and facade too flat cannot shelter from rain & sun, + need to climb stairs to the playground and tennis court area!

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    I think almost every one who has compared R@E and PI will say R@E is a nicer project. The building, layout, fixture, floor, doors, windows, etc, just looks better.

The fact that PI has better psf now means in pty business, it's still location, location, location.

teddy won't u agree R@E by itself is simply a better built/designed project if location is not a factor ?

15 Evelyn Road #12-02
    Freehold
    $1592
    $2450k
    18 Oct 10

saw in an earlier post:

Mdm Quek Bee Heong, sister of Mr Kwek Leng Beng and Mr Kwek Leng Joo
    #12-02
    Residences
    @ Evelyn

$1,909,600.00
    (nett after Public Discount)
    12%, being the discount offered to members of the public who purchase units in Residences @ Evelyn at the time of the grant of the Option to Purchase ("Public Discount

whatever lah... u wouldn't know class even if it bit u on the ass

u are the type who will take a lamborghini over aston martin, if both were the same price. u are also the type who will buy an 18k yellow gold rolex studded with diamonds over an AP offshore "end of days"

people who feel that there must be a concrete and widely recognised trait by the hoi polloi to justify a "better" purchase sorely lack class.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    PI is that there are many half past six cannot quite make it upgraders and investors, in addition to the tenants. also, that entire neighbourhood feels very heartlandish....
    the people who frequent United Sq and Novena Sq aren't very cosmo, judging by the clothes they wear and the shops/eating places that are there. the whole area feels like an HDB estate...
    Cannot make it at PI? PI neighbourhood so heartlandish? Wow! You must be living in 1 of those Goodwood hills GCBs? But then those places seem so ulu too!
    Look at cars know whether they are rich or poor? Look at their wearings and shops / eating places there to know the people's status, etiquette, elegency etc? Poor Warren Buffett! He will taken to be really poor many times over and have no status, etiquette, elegency etc! Those HDB estates in Woodlands, Bukit Panjang, Pasir Ris, etc must have been infected with xxxxx.
    By the way, Simpang also very low density (close to zero density) and have lots of greenery around. Can sell at >$3000 psf?

looks like objectivity is not there ..someone seems to have bad experiences with R@E or probably strong self interest. cant point finger to the root cause. i see maintenance is tip top.
    and hear positive feedback on R@E from all visitors but surprisingly....

always wonder any flood impact if the golden river ....near the square

comparing projects equates to comparing floors and at same point in time.

pulling lower levels against higher levels in another project may not be reflecting a true picture.

heard from one agent tat it is not unusual that ppl condemn projects in forums so that the agents' jobs are less difficult in selling

size shld be more or less similar
    nos of units within the project is also critical in considering

lifts for every floor accessed by how many ppl in each unit
    privacy - private lift

Yes, you are right - I don't know any class because I don't judge people by what they wear, what shops they visit and what they buy to consume / eat etc. You have "better" class - the type where dog-eyes see people no up if they are not wearing some very expensive watch, wearing some very expensive clothings and driving some very expensive cars! Warren Buffett will be shit to you!!

whatever lah... u wouldn't know class even if it bit u on the ass

u are the type who will take a lamborghini over aston martin, if both were the same price. u are also the type who will buy an 18k yellow gold rolex studded with diamonds over an AP offshore "end of days"

people who feel that there must be a concrete and widely recognised trait by the hoi polloi to justify a "better" purchase sorely lack class.

oh I didn't realize dmodd u r now in R@E. how is the noise ? I suppose facing buckly rd should be gd enough ?

Noises loudest when demolishing or piling. Nowadays noises are everywhere in prime districts because of the launches late last year and this year. And developments are mushrooming to areas outside prime.

Lower noise level in R@e since piling completed for trilight

Like some said doesnt bother u unless u r not working

The hotter the place the more developers want to build their projects near to u or around u.

It is strange that some people says people living around Newton and United Square and Novena Square not cosmo type, savings in travelling no big deal, the types of shops cannot make it type etc. Yet distance matters a lot even to FTs (the real ones paying high rentals) and they also like that place (see below article). Strange strange. Comments not inline with reality. Hai!

Living and eating in Newton

By iProperty.com Singapore – November 9th, 2010
    Email Facebook Twitter Print var shared_object = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title: "Living and eating in Newton", url: "http://sg.yfittopostblog.com/2010/11/09/living-and-eating-in-newton/" }); shared_object.attachChicklet("email", document.getElementById("ck_email1")); shared_object.attachChicklet("facebook", document.getElementById("ck_facebook1")); //shared_object.attachChicklet("digg", document.getElementById("ck_digg1")); shared_object.attachChicklet("twitter", document.getElementById("ck_twitter1")); //shared_object.attachChicklet("yahoo_buzz", document.getElementById("ck_ybuzz1"));

(Seafood at Newton Circus Food Court. Photograph: Singapore Tourism Board.)
    One glance at the property prices in District 11 gives an indication of property prices in this area – most easily topping the S$1 million mark.
    iProperty.com Singapore spoke to two residents of Newton – Ruairi Brown from Ireland, who arrived in Singapore this year, and Craig Glass, from Scotland, who has been here since 2007 – to find out what living there is like.
    Why did you choose to live here?
    Ruairi Brown: It’s central, my apartment is close to the MRT, and there are lots of restaurants and supermarkets nearby.
    Craig Glass: Newton is easily one of the most convenient areas to live. You’ve got the MRT and bus services, plus supermarkets and other facilities almost on your door stop.
    What do you like and dislike about living here?
    RB: The big pros are that the commute to work is very short, it’s very central to town, and yet it’s also quiet and residential. Newton and Novena are both quite expat-friendly, so the supermarkets have a good selection of bread, meats and cheeses, which we crave on occasion. There are a lot of wine shops around too and a couple of decent pubs. Newton Circus food court is always open too, to satisfy those midnight hunger pangs. The only drawback is that because it’s so central it’s quite expensive.
    CG: It’s not a cheap area to live by any means, and you have to be willing to have a smaller space with a bigger price tag. I reckon that if you’re careful and with such good transport links you can balance it out.
    Can you tell us a bit about the property you live in?
    RB: We have a reasonably spacious two-bedroom, two-bathroom place in Evelyn Mansions. It’s about 10 storeys high with four apartments per floor. It’s a very peaceful development and we seldom see others using the pool. We’re off Newton Road and Bukit Timah Rd, but it’s so quiet and secluded that you cannot hear any traffic. The place is about 12 years old, but is modern, light and well maintained.
    CG: Our condo, The Armadale, was built in 2000; it’s a two-bedroom (just!) place. It’s Balinese-themed in style, which is very nice and has good gardens and a nice pool. The unit has good views of greenery, and the fact that it has a little bit of privacy was a big selling point.
    What would your advice be to people looking to relocate to this area?
    RB: Personally, I would say: “Don’t come here! Go somewhere else and keep my rent low.”
    CG: Be aware that the area has a lot of construction happening around it. If you’re looking at a place it’s something to be aware of if you’re looking for something near green spaces.
    What is your favourite place for dinner or drinks in Newton?
    RB: A crummy little pub called Café and Bar that has great food and atmosphere. I’m not sure why we love it so much but it’s great!
    CG: Harry’s at Velocity is good for watching sport, and as it’s small, the service is pretty good. There’s also a lovely Japanese/curry fusion restaurant called Curry Favor in the same mall.

Any special finds in the area?
    RB: There’s a fantastic Italian place about 15 minutes walk from Netwon MRT north up Bukit Timah Road called Al Borgo. They serve the best pizza I’ve had in Singapore, as they use proper mozzarella.
    CG: The gym on the 5th floor of Revenue House is a hidden gem. It’s got friendly trainers and great facilities if you don’t just want to be on a treadmill staring blankly at a screen. Plus, there’s roof top tennis, squash, and badminton courts.

Why are so many units coming up for sale here suddenly ?

u probably seeing same unit

Chanced upon this development while doing house hunting. Location looks good with good range of facilities. Read some postings about its interior quality finishes. Anyone forummers staying in this condo care to share your experience so far?

Saw an ad for $1.88mm for 2 br ($1800+ psf), probably will have room for negotiation. Currently, shortlisted this and VIVA for consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer888 View Post
    Chanced upon this development while doing house hunting. Location looks good with good range of facilities. Read some postings about its interior quality finishes. Anyone forummers staying in this condo care to share your experience so far?

Saw an ad for $1.88mm for 2 br ($1800+ psf), probably will have room for negotiation. Currently, shortlisted this and VIVA for consideration.
    Nice place but my friend who owns a unit there, i cant remember 2 or 3 bedrooms, quite tough to get tenant. But for own stay, maybe it's ok . good luck in your home search.

Design got some issues........
    If you the kind who like natural air and want to open your window to sleep, BUT you can't! Your room's floor will be all wet if you do so if it happen to rain at night!

Looking for own stay actually and capital appreciation in the longer term. Between this and VIVA, which would you choose? Similar areas, freehold status, size of devt are similar (200+ units). R @ E is 10 9 years old whereas VIVA is 3 years old. VIVA is currently commanding a higher psf.

Looking for own stay actually and capital appreciation in the longer term. Between this and VIVA, which would you choose? Similar areas, freehold status, size of devt are similar (200+ units). R @ E is 10 9 years old whereas VIVA is 3 years old. VIVA is currently commanding a higher psf.
    same psf of course viva. but the gap is now quite big for this project vs viva so maybe worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    same psf of course viva. but the gap is now quite big for this project vs viva so maybe worth a look.
    Not same psf. The latest ads show VIVA at $1,915 psf while R@E is $1,819 psf. VIVA is nearer to the mrt station and newer.

There are many other factors you have not considered (other than Viva newer and nearer MRT) like:

3. R@E when you drive out, the road always quite jammed!
    4. R@E no shopping area near by!
    5. R@E walk from MRT station at night is very quiet and quite scary for young kids and women.......
    6. (what else???)...........

I don't think VIVA is higher in $PSF than R@E for no good reason...........

Not same psf. The latest ads show VIVA at $1,915 psf while R@E is $1,819 psf. VIVA is nearer to the mrt station and newer.

look at the caveats lodged. ignore those ad asking prices.

RESIDENCES @ EVELYN EVELYN ROAD Condominium 11 CCR Freehold Resale 1 1,850,000 - 1,033 Strata 26 to 30 1,790 Jun-15
    RESIDENCES @ EVELYN EVELYN ROAD Condominium 11 CCR Freehold Resale 1 1,860,000 - 1,109 Strata 21 to 25 1,678 Nov-15

psf is 1678psf for 2 bedders. recently a 4 bedder was sold at a new low of 1600psf. can use it to bargain haha. though i feel for 2 bedders, anything under 1700psf is already a bargain.

no 2 bedders were transacted at viva since the cooling measures in jun 2013. the ad shows a smaller unit (slightly smaller vs R@E) at 1876psf negotiable. to me, that's an even greater bargain if u can get it at 1.9m. view both units to get a feel! good luck!

you can also use the recent caveats at park infinia as reference:

PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 11 CCR Freehold Resale 1 1,801,800 - 1,001 Strata 21 to 25 1,800 Feb-16
    PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 11 CCR Freehold Resale 1 1,850,000 - 1,001 Strata 11 to 15 1,848 Nov-15

expect to pay > 1.8m for a 2 bedder at either viva or R@E. do bargain hard to try to get below 1.9m if possible (for viva).

Yeah thanks for the caveats. Yeah, in terms of location, I would prefer VIVA and if the 2+1 unit can get 1.9mm or below, that would be ideal.

Yeah thanks for the caveats. Yeah, in terms of location, I would prefer VIVA and if the 2+1 unit can get 1.9mm or below, that would be ideal.
    just try. lowball and u won't know what good deal u may get if seller is desperate enough.

from propertycarrots, prices bought from developer ranges from 1.54m to 1.88m depending on high or low floor for the 2+1 units. for sub sales, they bought at 2m to 2.245m. (sub sale pple may be willing to take a loss to get out since the advert is at 2m nego). if its the original guys, they are also glad to take any profits that they have. good luck!

I have not seen Viva.
    But quite familiar with R@E.

Dont be deceived by the size.
    It has huge balconies.

the 2 bedroom units of 15xx sqft has a big yard, Big balcony outside living area, Big balcony outside dining area. Not forgetting another area for your SHOES outside your private lift ...

I would go for a 9xx sqft 2 bedroom unit with 1 small balcony anytime.

taking away the balconies ... you are left with not much usable space.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    I have not seen Viva.
    But quite familiar with R@E.

Dont be deceived by the size.
    It has huge balconies.

the 2 bedroom units of 15xx sqft has a big yard, Big balcony outside living area, Big balcony outside dining area. Not forgetting another area for your SHOES outside your private lift ...

I would go for a 9xx sqft 2 bedroom unit with 1 small balcony anytime.

taking away the balconies ... you are left with not much usable space.
    bro, 15xx is the 3 bedrooms. 2 bedrooms is 11xx. but then this design is typical of the 2005 launches up till after 2007 boom then came the mickey mouses era. sigh. its either too big (with balconies and bay windows and planters) or too small (still with balcony and a/c ledge abuse) lol.