Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

evelyn owner Guest

Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

the showflat is at victoria park road. they are just borrowing the land. the actual site is at duchess ave. why dont u like cul de sac? i like it cos not much traffic. i prefer that to say maplewoods on the main rd.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by evelyn owner
    the showflat is at victoria park road. they are just borrowing the land. the actual site is at duchess ave. why dont u like cul de sac? i like it cos not much traffic. i prefer that to say maplewoods on the main rd.
    now i get it. thanks for clarifying.

agree with you that cul-de-sac is easier to get in/out. but in the case of duchess ave, i feel that the site is too deep in. i actually prefer tresor's location. more convenient.

Unregistered Guest

$1900+ achieved! shld appear in caveat in 3 months.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    high floor?

beavis Guest

Are you sure it takes 3 months for URA to lodge caveat???

Does that mean June caveat on URA right now is a 3 months old caveat????

joe Guest

Caveats not lodged by URA. Caveats are lodged by the bank you took the loan from, usually at completion of sale (for secondary market properties). And SLA is the govt body the bank will inform. Not sure about those who pay full in cash. Never had the luxury of doing that.

Unregistered Guest

Above 20 floor. Completion takes 2+8 weeks so you it takes almost 3 months. Yes the price you see are 3 months old so you can +10% for current price.Lincold Lodge sold for 1400+ so breakeven is 1800+. A new record for newton.

Anyone knows when Elmira is launching?

beavis Guest

Above 20 floor. Completion takes 2+8 weeks so you it takes almost 3 months. Yes the price you see are 3 months old so you can +10% for current price.Lincold Lodge sold for 1400+ so breakeven is 1800+. A new record for newton.

Anyone knows when Elmira is launching?
    Can you tell me how to get UP-TO-DATE caveat?? Is it by suscribing certain magazine?? I would like to suscribe.
    If URA is 3 months late, then it could be misleading.

BTW, where is Elmira located??? Which developer will be building this project?
    Last edited by beavis; 21-06-07 at 23:53.

Unregistered Guest

Need comments from fellow forumer here.

Is is still a good time to Invest around newton area??

I thinking of purchasing Newton one from subsale. Do you think the price for newton 1 will still going up especially newton One???

Unregistered Guest

from my recent experience, i see my transaction in ura site after less than 1 month (slightly more than 3 weeks). the caveat is lodged by my lawyer on buyer's behalf. subsequently, bank will lodge caveat again, and that is closer to sale completion time.

evelyn owner Guest

prices can be checked via the ura website

"http://spring.ura.gov.sg/lad/ore/real_estate/transaction.cfm"

elmira heights is beside newton one. i think with orchard rd new launches at 3000psf newton being one stop away will rise. orchard cant be 50% higher forever.of couse i m talking my book

personally i looked at newton one and prefer the design over evelyn but it is so near the flyover i didnt like it. i had a friend in equatorial with the same problem and had a hard time selling altho her unit is facing shangri-la.

Unregistered Guest

Newton condo prices seem destined to rise, because Lincoln Lodge had just been sold at $1449.3 psf ppr. The joint buyers are Koh Bros, Heeton, KSH, Lian Beng.

Unregistered Guest

Do you guys think that property in Singapore still have rooms to increase and
    How long?? untill 2010??
    I think Bukit timah area is still undervalue. Developers are eyeing this area right now as written in Saturday stairtstimes on page 2.

evelyn owner Guest

Thumbs up Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

I just sold my unit at $2000psf to a foreigner! Caveat will appear in Aug URA.
    Now which project shall I roll to?

Unregistered Guest

Congratulatin!!! Why dont check the new Hi end launch at 8 napier!!!

evelyn owner Guest

thanks! any details on the project?like psf and developer?

Unregistered Guest

There is also a new launch at cairnhill.
    The show unit is just apposite of scotts high park. Pls check it out. Price about $2400+ I think.

BTW I am waiting for the guocoland future launch on former casa rosita site just next to the Church Of Jesus Christ.

Its a good location.

Unregistered Guest

I am not sure but the agent that told me is from JTresi. It is around glen eagles hospital.

Unregistered Guest

If I am the government, I will take measures to slow the growth to 5 to 7% per year (not quarter). This is healthier and sustainable. An exception I will make is the luxury class condo (above 2500psf). For these, the buyers will be less price-sensitive. So the measures will be these:

1. Scrap deferred payment schemes and return to progressive payments.

2. No bank loan amount above 80% of property value.

3. Capital gain tax of 25% for sale of property bought within the last 2 years. If foreigner, the tax should be 35%.

4. Additional foreigners stamp duty tax of 3 to 5% for buying property in Singapore. PR excluded.

5. Luxury tax of 10% for those who bought property above $2500 psf. This is a way to give back to society.

If I am the government, I will take measures to slow the growth to 5 to 7% per year (not quarter). This is healthier and sustainable. An exception I will make is the luxury class condo (above 2500psf). For these, the buyers will be less price-sensitive. So the measures will be these:

3. Capital gain tax of 25% for sale of property bought within the last 2 years. If foreigner, the tax should be 35%.

4. Additional foreigners stamp duty tax of 3 to 5% for buying property in Singapore. PR excluded.

5. Luxury tax of 10% for those who bought property above $2500 psf. This is a way to give back to society.

Yes all very well suggested.When the crash comes you will kneel and beg for the measures you proposed to be immediately scrapped.

Unregistered Guest

He was the one missed the earlier boats...sour grapes.

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs down Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Wew, thats so strick and dangerous!!!

Imposing that kind of policies is just like kicking investors butt like puppies.
    You will find many investors flee away from singapore like crazy and will never blink an eye on Singapore again for many many years which is against Singapore current campaign "to make Singapore to be known worldwide".

What is even more dangerous is when foreign investors STAMP Singapore govt as a daylight robbers even if we do not mean it.

Once Singapore is "STAMPED" by foreigners , Singapore is finish.
    Even when we decided to change our policies they will not trust Singapore anymore because we are "STAMPED" as liars.
    And the effects will be disasterous.

If the 1st policies you stated above is implemented, it is still OK, but 3rd-5th will be dangerous.

So does it worth implementing such policies??? Anyone???

Unregistered Guest

Very impressive. May I know which/who selling agent are you using?
    Seem like your agent is very capable. I would like to use him/her as my agent.

evelyn owner Guest

i think i was lucky cos the agent had a ready foreign buyer and didnt even need to view my unit. i bumped into him while collecting keys. anyway his name is anthony of knight frank 91011180.

didnt know residences@evelyn was so hot cos when i bought it the units never seemed to move as compared to newton one. i only bought it for its proximity to ACS. and i hate its triangle roof design haha! anyway i asked 4 agents to sell on a fri and by sat night i had 4 offers: 1650, 1750(this one wanted 8 weeks to exercise option!) 1880, 2000psf. none needed to view.

cherrycreek Guest

which floor and what kind of units are yrs ?? The buyer is a local or foreigner ?

Unregistered Guest

i think i was lucky cos the agent had a ready foreign buyer and didnt even need to view my unit. i bumped into him while collecting keys. anyway his name is anthony of knight frank 91011180.

didnt know residences@evelyn was so hot cos when i bought it the units never seemed to move as compared to newton one. i only bought it for its proximity to ACS. and i hate its triangle roof design haha! anyway i asked 4 agents to sell on a fri and by sat night i had 4 offers: 1650, 1750(this one wanted 8 weeks to exercise option!) 1880, 2000psf. none needed to view.
    I thought we can only use One agent???
    Did you sign the contract with an agent??

It is a very good deal at $2000. even newton one unable to fetch at that price.

Yours must be a high floor isnt it?

evelyn owner Guest

mine is 3 bedroom high floor (above 20) and faces the Buckley Rd/ MacRitchie so unblocked. I didnt sign any exclusive with any agent so it was an open listing.

newton one wont fetch that price cos it is not ready yet therefore wont attract buyers who need to occupy. i know of a newton one 3rd floor 4 bedroom going for 1560 psf. I didnt want it cos the unit would be staring at the flyover!

Unregistered Guest

mine is 3 bedroom high floor (above 20) and faces the Buckley Rd/ MacRitchie so unblocked. I didnt sign any exclusive with any agent so it was an open listing.

newton one wont fetch that price cos it is not ready yet therefore wont attract buyers who need to occupy. i know of a newton one 3rd floor 4 bedroom going for 1560 psf. I didnt want it cos the unit would be staring at the flyover!
    I agree with you. condos that will be TOPed before 2009 will fetch higher price because people are in need for a ready condo before IR open. Thats why If you want to look for condo, get the one that will TOP on year 2008 to take advantage of 2008 grand prix and 2009 marina bay IR. Thats the time where investors are desperate to look for a "ready-to-occupy"
    condo.
    Only a few Top on 2008 I think. Most condos will be TOPed on 2009 and 2010.

2 months ago there is someone who is willing to let go 4 bdrms Newton one unit at about $1550 above 20th floor. Too bad I did not purchase. That unit is not facing the flyover but facing the Bukit timah area.

Unregistered Guest

I thought we can only use One agent???
    Did you sign the contract with an agent??

It is a very good deal at $2000. even newton one unable to fetch at that price.

Yours must be a high floor isnt it?
    Are you talking kok?

Unregistered Guest

Are you talking kok?
    Can KoK talk???