Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Just read this thread..

it seems Coast was mentioned to be selling for $1450psf in 2007..

now in 2009..it is also selling around that price..

So means market bottom soon?... coz 2006 was the start of the pickup rite?...

aaarghhh...regretted

shld have bought the unit.

one agent correctly pointed out that district 9,10,11 you can never have a clear view given the massive developments and demand.

most important is the location. now the asking prices hv increased beyond $1400psf.

Quote Originally Posted by dmon
    aaarghhh...regretted

shld have bought the unit.

one agent correctly pointed out that district 9,10,11 you can never have a clear view given the massive developments and demand.

most important is the location. now the asking prices hv increased beyond $1400psf.
    thts y u dun hv d $$$
    ppl cheong u wait

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$
    thts y u dun hv d $$$
    ppl cheong u wait
    I'm just being cautious. Its not because I dont have the $$$.

But at current prices 1500psf, it is still worth buying compared to high of above 2000psf. Miro is going around 1300-1500psf and not completed

PI is asking for above 1450psf and Residences@evelyn is at a better location. much more pleasant.

Newton one is completing soon. and some asking 1400psf

i regretted on earlier decision not to look at Residences@evelyn because of potential blocked view. One agent commented a valid point that in good times, view or no view, it is not critical. So long the view is not blocked as in Hong Kong where you can use a stick and touch next building. Most important is the location....sigh ;-(

should have gotten those earlier units up for sale in Mar/April......

any unit for sale 20th floor and above - 2 bedder? $1.6m only.

dmonddd, Miro is asking for 18xx psf

if miro is asking for $1800psf and newton one is calling for $1600psf, i doubt i can ask for $1600psf for residences@evelyn.

shld have bought the one asking for $1400psf then........looks like newly launched project without seeing the actual building or even chances of completion, the asking price is already above $1600psf.

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    if miro is asking for $1800psf and newton one is calling for $1600psf, i doubt i can ask for $1600psf for residences@evelyn.

shld have bought the one asking for $1400psf then........looks like newly launched project without seeing the actual building or even chances of completion, the asking price is already above $1600psf.

no point looking back and keep thinking about it, move on ~

agree. no look back. go forward and charge.....property is one asset you hold for many years....and it always cyclical. most important you feel comfortable moving around the condo

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Have you looked at some other condos nearby? I found Residence@Evelyn to be not so convenient (have to walk quite some distance to MRT and also shopping area and amenities). With Trilight construction going on, it is hell lots of noise & dust over there for next 2+ years. Personally for own stay, I prefer those condos closer to United Square & Novena Square (with Novena MRT station just below Novena Square). Getting food and groceries is so much closer & easier. If you have kids, even more convenient because can just walk to United Square for enrichment classes! (mind you, all the good enrichment schools are in there and you don't have to go anywhere else!) With the new Parkway private hospital coming up nearby, there may be a mini-boom nearer that area? (Just like the Cairnhill area around Mt Elizabeth Hospital?).

agree. no look back. go forward and charge.....property is one asset you hold for many years....and it always cyclical. most important you feel comfortable moving around the condo
    Last edited by teddybear; 21-07-09 at 10:09.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Have you looked at some other condos nearby? I found Residence@Evelyn to be not so convenient (have to walk quite some distance to MRT and also shopping area and amenities). With Trilight construction going on, it is hell lots of noise & dust over there for next 2+ years. Personally for own stay, I prefer those condos closer to United Square & Novena Square (with Novena MRT station just below Novena Square). Getting food and groceries is so much closer & easier. If you have kids, even more convenient because can just walk to United Square for enrichment classes! (mind you, all the good enrichment schools are in there and you don't have to go anywhere else!) With the new Parkway private hospital coming up nearby, there may be a mini-boom nearer that area? (Just like the Cairnhill area around Mt Elizabeth Hospital?).
    condos near novena square shld be much lower psf versus Res@evelyn
    shopping area and amenities are not priority as orchard is the better option. and ppl always have tendency to drive further from own place for shopping.

further novena square/united square are much more congested. roads are curvy and narrower. everywhere has ongoing projects. same for PI as well surrounded by all mini mouse projects nearby as commented by some in forum.

and never good to stay near to hospital....bad chi.
    and erp also an issue for cairnhill.

Yap, you are right. My personal opinion is that if a person want good investment, should buy prime Orchard area and not Residences@Evelyn. If a person want own stay and convenience because near to shopping area, MRT, and amenities, then buy condos around Novena Square and again not Residences@Evelyn. About Novena being more congested, this is subjective. Residences@Evelyn being accessible by just 1 single lane road can be as congested during peak hours as well vs others in Novena well served by multi-lane roads. The only advantage is probably being quieter (but definitely not that quiet also). However, If a I want very quiet area to live, I go Yio Chu Kang better (much much cheaper some more).

Despite the hospital in Cairnhill area and ERP, condos there are definitely transacted at much higher prices than Residences@Evelyn. So, the market said it all.

condos near novena square shld be much lower psf versus Res@evelyn
    shopping area and amenities are not priority as orchard is the better option. and ppl always have tendency to drive further from own place for shopping.

further novena square/united square are much more congested. roads are curvy and narrower. everywhere has ongoing projects. same for PI as well surrounded by all mini mouse projects nearby as commented by some in forum.

and never good to stay near to hospital....bad chi.
    and erp also an issue for cairnhill.

Yap, you are right. My personal opinion is that if a person want good investment, should buy prime Orchard area and not Residences@Evelyn. If a person want own stay and convenience because near to shopping area, MRT, and amenities, then buy condos around Novena Square and again not Residences@Evelyn. About Novena being more congested, this is subjective. Residences@Evelyn being accessible by just 1 single lane road can be as congested during peak hours as well vs others in Novena well served by multi-lane roads. The only advantage is probably being quieter (but definitely not that quiet also). However, If a I want very quiet area to live, I go Yio Chu Kang better (much much cheaper some more).

Despite the hospital in Cairnhill area and ERP, condos there are definitely transacted at much higher prices than Residences@Evelyn. So, the market said it all.
    Orchard is definitely a prime investment. a level down would be properties around newton or balmoral.

across the velocity junction, the prices diff alot in psf.

condos ard cairnhill & hospital fetch better rent which translate into higher psf is because of foreigners demand.

east coast condos near to shopping complexes. United square jam packed because of learning centres for kids. balestier's nice area as well near to food amenities.

res@evelyn is also close to ACS barker and the new ACS Monkhill. Also near to SJI primary school.

Personally, to me, there is no "a level down". Newton & Balmoral properties have no such investment appeal compared to those Orchard road properties - many of the latter are close to Orchard shopping areas and Orchard MRTs and yet some distance away as to be away from the crowd and have some serene and quiet atmosphere. In contrast, Balmoral and Newton are just too far from these "happening" places.

I have no liking for properties in Balmoral area and less of Newton area as well. To pay so much as of now for such areas, I rather buy Orchard with peace of mine because I believe prices of different areas will change with time, but only Orchard areas will always maintain their premium.

When you talk about the proximity to the good local primary schools, then it will only appeal to the locals as foreigners have no need for that. Their kids go to international schools. Many of the properties in Novena are still 1km to ACS (even closer to SJI Junior!) but they are cheaper and located in more convenient location to those Newton properties such as Residences@Evelyn & Newton One.

Orchard is definitely a prime investment. a level down would be properties around newton or balmoral.

across the velocity junction, the prices diff alot in psf.

condos ard cairnhill & hospital fetch better rent which translate into higher psf is because of foreigners demand.

east coast condos near to shopping complexes. United square jam packed because of learning centres for kids. balestier's nice area as well near to food amenities.

res@evelyn is also close to ACS barker and the new ACS Monkhill. Also near to SJI primary school.

What a bullshit you are talking here my friends !! How can you compare Newton and Novena ? if you prefer Novena might as well buy Ballestier !
    Residence Evelyn is really prime project !! Have you seen the facilities ? they are the best I have seen ! extremely nice ! another point this project is not neighbouring busy rds and very quite and piecefull even though just 4 minutes drive to Ochard ! Novena and United square are just 5-7 minutes walking via Buckley Rd. The finish is excellent ! Location is superb ! from some units the view is amazing , you can see the Esplanade , fireworks e.t.c.
    so do not talk nonsense here. If newton 1 is transacting 1600psf crampled on a busy Rd looking into a flyover and not so good finish then Residence Evelyn should be $2k psf in this current market

What prime project you are talking about? Newton is considered prime? Don't bullshit lah. Newton considered Middle-class only. As such, how can Residences@Evelyn be considered prime? 4 mins driving to Orchard? Too far away for the foreign Tai-Tais. They usually don't drive. They prefer to walk to shopping if near enough, and the shops must have branded goods. Therefore, to them, the real prime is around Cuscaden and Paterson which is near to Ion. Secondary may be Killiney and Devonshire (but some have concern about the SingTel big big antennas over there). What is good to see about Residences@Evelyn? Since not prime and not convenient, I am not interested lah. Want to go to United Square and Novena Square still have to walk 5-7 mins? Are you sure? Looks more like 15-20 mins. Even if 5-7 mins, might as well pay much less to buy a property around United Square and still don't have to walk so far . Residences@Evelyn worth more than Newton One? Judging from recent transacted prices, the market said it all that this is not true, so don't bullshit lah! If rich people want quiet and peaceful, they go buy property in some deep-in ulu places where they need to drive 1km or more via a small road from the main road to reach their house. They also won't buy & live in Residences@Evelyn (too near the busy, noisy and dusty Bukit Timah flyover above Newton Circus).

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog
    What a bullshit you are talking here my friends !! How can you compare Newton and Novena ? if you prefer Novena might as well buy Ballestier !
    Residence Evelyn is really prime project !! Have you seen the facilities ? they are the best I have seen ! extremely nice ! another point this project is not neighbouring busy rds and very quite and piecefull even though just 4 minutes drive to Ochard ! Novena and United square are just 5-7 minutes walking via Buckley Rd. The finish is excellent ! Location is superb ! from some units the view is amazing , you can see the Esplanade , fireworks e.t.c.
    so do not talk nonsense here. If newton 1 is transacting 1600psf crampled on a busy Rd looking into a flyover and not so good finish then Residence Evelyn should be $2k psf in this current market

now i'm confused as teddy bear commented that newton is not in prime area......this forum classification is out?

what about D9, 10, 11?

novena is prime or not? balestier?

how does SLA cut out such districts? I'm now even more confused.

Think URA classification as below :-
    CCR - Core Central Region
    RCR - Rest of Central Region
    OCR - Outside Central Region

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/...ubmitSearch.do

Personally, to me, there is no "a level down". Newton & Balmoral properties have no such investment appeal compared to those Orchard road properties - many of the latter are close to Orchard shopping areas and Orchard MRTs and yet some distance away as to be away from the crowd and have some serene and quiet atmosphere. In contrast, Balmoral and Newton are just too far from these "happening" places.

I have no liking for properties in Balmoral area and less of Newton area as well. To pay so much as of now for such areas, I rather buy Orchard with peace of mine because I believe prices of different areas will change with time, but only Orchard areas will always maintain their premium.

When you talk about the proximity to the good local primary schools, then it will only appeal to the locals as foreigners have no need for that. Their kids go to international schools. Many of the properties in Novena are still 1km to ACS (even closer to SJI Junior!) but they are cheaper and located in more convenient location to those Newton properties such as Residences@Evelyn & Newton One.
    a bit confuse....you r saying that novena is good buy versus newton. and pay newton prices for novena properties.

orchard is always a good buy...my grand dad knows that.

a project with foreigners concentration is better than a project with mix of locals and foreigners?

very simple, no matter how "un-prime" newton is, it will always be more prime than novena ~

What I am saying is: Newton no difference from Novena, all for middle-class only, and more for own-stay than investment. However, Newton properties prices always higher than Novena, yet not so convenient in terms of shopping & amenities. As such, if I have to choose between Newton & Novena, I choose Novena because it is better and yet cheaper! But please hor, don't confuse Novena with Belestier (that place got many very cramped-up apartments calling themselves condos and trying to sell at Novena prices and Belestier road always very jammed as most condos there need to pass by this road to get into the side lane leading to these Belestier condos).

However, for investment, since your grand dad also knows it must be Orchard, so that is it lah. Don't listen to bullshit about Newton properties being good for investment.

a bit confuse....you r saying that novena is good buy versus newton. and pay newton prices for novena properties.

orchard is always a good buy...my grand dad knows that.

a project with foreigners concentration is better than a project with mix of locals and foreigners?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    very simple, no matter how "un-prime" newton is, it will always be more prime than novena ~
    thanks...august. That's what I thght until i hear teddy bear's comments.

otherwise this forum categorization is totally wrong - Prime D9, 10, 11.
    then further sub-divide those areas within each district. then rank them accordingly......to derive psf for each sub-area

taking into consideration the key features of each project and demand, etc etc.....

What I am saying is: Newton no difference from Novena, all for middle-class only, and more for own-stay than investment. However, Newton properties prices always higher than Novena, yet not so convenient in terms of shopping & amenities. As such, if I have to choose between Newton & Novena, I choose Novena because it is better and yet cheaper! But please hor, don't confuse Novena with Belestier (that place got many very cramped-up apartments calling themselves condos and trying to sell at Novena prices and Belestier road always very jammed as most condos there need to pass by this road to get into the side lane leading to these Belestier condos).

However, for investment, since your grand dad also knows it must be Orchard, so that is it lah. Don't listen to bullshit about Newton properties being good for investment.
    huh then i dun understand why people still pay higher for newton properties as compared to novena with better shopping amenities as you claimed. shopping amenities is part of the equation for higher psf?

is it the serenity of the place or traffic jam that contributes to the prices or how many public housing blocks in the surrounding?

Middle-class only lah, what prime?
    D9, D10, D11 are just considered CCR (Core Central Region), don't know who crown the name "Prime"?

teddy bear must be owner of properties in novena.....or agent?

unless the market is pricing newton properties wrongly? so are the developers who are experts and buying land in the wrong places.....and pricing them wrongly as well.

unless teddy bear is saying that it is value for money...for something across the junction.

then a borderline property sitting between a prime and "unprime" area would be the best property to buy. only diff is the address.

Yah lor, same as don't know why people pay more than $2000 psf for Balmoral when they can get real 'prime' in Orchard at about this price.
    Also same for people buying Duchess Residences (beside Hwa Chong Institution) at $2300 psf but the last transaction in May 2009 is only $1399 psf. Don't know whether this guy will ever see day-light in next few years at $2300 psf price.

huh then i dun understand why people still pay higher for newton properties as compared to novena with better shopping amenities as you claimed. shopping amenities is part of the equation for higher psf?

is it the serenity of the place or traffic jam that contributes to the prices or how many public housing blocks in the surrounding?

Middle-class only lah, what prime?
    D9, D10, D11 are just considered CCR (Core Central Region), don't know who crown the name "Prime"?

i point u back to ur own post #133 where u said "Despite the hospital in Cairnhill area and ERP, condos there are definitely transacted at much higher prices than Residences@Evelyn. So, the market said it all." where u compared orchard v newton ..

now back to newton v novena... since newton traditionally transacts higher than novena.. so the mkt determines newton a grade above novena lor ~

no need mkt determine, walk around the 2 areas will know liao ~

The perception is historical. I grew up in this area, even studied at the primary school at gentle rd. Traditionally, Newton is the properties around Newton MRT encompassing gentle road down to the main dunearn road. Cairnhill was also considered part of Newton.

Novena was the thin strip from just after the church down to st michaels, encompassing the united square area and around hotel royal. a small strip of gilstead where the car showroom is arguably novena, but is really is considered newton last time.

Balestier was always the unsavory part of the area, never ever considered prime, or even part of novena/newton.

It was only after unscrupulous developers started to do false marketing that balestier was part of novena that many people fell for it, and started to refer to what is supposed to be balestier as novena. The other side of balestier has always been considered whampoa.

Back to newton - this area incl cairnhill has always been upper middle class, but never prime. the Singaporean managers, HODs, etc were the ones that brought up families here.

At the end of the day, whether cairnhill or newton, it's still a nice place to live. But if you bought balestier, you've paid a premium for good marketing and a false cachet of 'nouveau riche'

the developers are now trying to turn bendemeer/kallang into balestier, and like those before them, people continue to fall for this. Developers make a far more convincing job of redrawing boundaries - the PAP and their GRC game are amateurs compared to developers

Yes, the market said it all for now TEMPORARILY but not in the future. Market is sometimes stupid, that is why some people make big money in properties and stocks because of the stupid market while others lose their trousers!

In 2007, market said Duchess Residences worth $2300 psf! Wow! Even worth more than Newton & Novena area. Now? You go find out.

For sure, Cairnhill area despite the hospital and ERP is within walking distance to Paragon and other shopping malls and Somerset MRT station. The same is not true for Newton. So, you don't have to try to belittle Cairnhill with respect to Newton. Newton is really the "no-where" type - cannot even be compared to the "hairs of leg" of prime Orchard and yet don't have attractions of the conveniences and amenities of Novena, and yet also don't have the quietness and serenity of being far far away from the busy crowds and traffics.

i point u back to ur own post #133 where u said "Despite the hospital in Cairnhill area and ERP, condos there are definitely transacted at much higher prices than Residences@Evelyn. So, the market said it all." where u compared orchard v newton ..

now back to newton v novena... since newton traditionally transacts higher than novena.. so the mkt determines newton a grade above novena lor ~

no need mkt determine, walk around the 2 areas will know liao ~