Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 51015202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Beacon Heights D12 , 999 yr

Quote Originally Posted by kefkaway
    Oh, looks like superstructure works are almost complete. Wonder will it be ready by end of the year.

Anyone was there on Vesak Day? Wonder if there was huge crowd and traffic jam near the temple.
    Huge crowd along the road...cars horning, angry people and even saw a big coach stuck on the pathetic st michael road. i wondered which stack is facing the buddha...it will be very serene...imagine waking up and seeing the sleeping buddha and motivated to go back to bed

where is the main entrance of beacon hgts? is it on st michael road or mar thoma road sharing with elysia?

Quote Originally Posted by jezz
    Huge crowd along the road...cars horning, angry people and even saw a big coach stuck on the pathetic st michael road. i wondered which stack is facing the buddha...it will be very serene...imagine waking up and seeing the sleeping buddha and motivated to go back to bed

where is the main entrance of beacon hgts? is it on st michael road or mar thoma road sharing with elysia?
    I was there on vesak day to snap those pics. Were u at the temple on vesak day ? Many cars parked at the road side ,couldnt get down of the car and get inside the construction site to snap some pics.

Anyway the construction progress is so slow , not much progress if we compare to the pics taken during january/feb.

Is there anyway to check the subsale transaction record ? Seems like streetsine cant check anymore.

Think stack 1 and 2 facing sleeping buddha?

Quote Originally Posted by Brownz
    I was there on vesak day to snap those pics. Were u at the temple on vesak day ? Many cars parked at the road side ,couldnt get down of the car and get inside the construction site to snap some pics.

Anyway the construction progress is so slow , not much progress if we compare to the pics taken during january/feb.

Is there anyway to check the subsale transaction record ? Seems like streetsine cant check anymore.

Think stack 1 and 2 facing sleeping buddha?
    Hi brown

Yup I was there but not inside the temple. Was very frustrated with the illegal parking on St Michael that caused the traffic. I was in another apt.

I observed the progress of bh bit slow. And look at airstream it started slow but almost on 5 to 6 storey.

I doubt bh can top this yr. Maybe q2 of 2012.

Any plan the site infront of Vetro?

Hi brown

Yup I was there but not inside the temple. Was very frustrated with the illegal parking on St Michael that caused the traffic. I was in another apt.

I observed the progress of bh bit slow. And look at airstream it started slow but almost on 5 to 6 storey.

I doubt bh can top this yr. Maybe q2 of 2012.

Any plan the site infront of Vetro?
    Yup, only with 2 lanes and people still can park at one of the lanes !

Oh were you at vetro ? Have you rented it out ? Is your unit partial facing Bh pool and gym ?

Sigh so slow , i was still hoping to move in before next year cny ...

Site in front of vetro ? isit the one owned by allgreen properties?
    I know of one Dev called reveria or river bay , its either at the site infront of vetro or the empty plot of land beside st michael's regency. But no further news of it yet.

Yup, only with 2 lanes and people still can park at one of the lanes !

Oh were you at vetro ? Have you rented it out ? Is your unit partial facing Bh pool and gym ?

Sigh so slow , i was still hoping to move in before next year cny ...

Site in front of vetro ? isit the one owned by allgreen properties?
    I know of one Dev called reveria or river bay , its either at the site infront of vetro or the empty plot of land beside st michael's regency. But no further news of it yet.
    Hi

Yup rented out. But I got 3 views as our units are 270deg view. So I got view of one st michael from back, view of bh pool and faraway meritius mandarin hotel, Singtel and lastly view of whompoa in front.

Hi all, I'm very interested in the 667 sqft unit for own stay. A few things need to seek for some advice.

1. The unit stack is facing CTE, what do you guys think about the noise level? Will it be worse for higher level or lower level units?

2. I have never view the showroom before, so I have no idea on how the unit will look like. I will like to convert the study room as a guest room by putting in a sofa bed or something like that. Is the guest room too small for that?

3. From the floor plan, what is the small space 'HS' besides the main entrance? Is it like a store room?

4. I can't find any picture of the showroom online, appreciate if someone who manage to take it few years back can share it?

Hope can get some feedback soon, thank you.

u can visit one of the HDB flats opposite to test the noise level

Maybe brown will be able to answer u but I can assure u the noise level is pretty noisy because CTE is just next to us. Is not a burden to me because normally I will close my windows and turn on the aircon therefore the noise did not impact me.

I think the sqft in bh is reasonably well. If u prefer to lesser noise try airstream subsale. I think their layout r ok.

Quote Originally Posted by pudujail
    Hi all, I'm very interested in the 667 sqft unit for own stay. A few things need to seek for some advice.

1. The unit stack is facing CTE, what do you guys think about the noise level? Will it be worse for higher level or lower level units?

2. I have never view the showroom before, so I have no idea on how the unit will look like. I will like to convert the study room as a guest room by putting in a sofa bed or something like that. Is the guest room too small for that?

3. From the floor plan, what is the small space 'HS' besides the main entrance? Is it like a store room?

4. I can't find any picture of the showroom online, appreciate if someone who manage to take it few years back can share it?

Noise depends on the distance and presence of trees. Should consider carefully.

Hi , personally i think higher floors will be more noisy compared to low floor units .
    I prefer the low floor units ,because psf will be much lower compared to higher floors , it has nice pool view. I think its not very worth to pay like 100+ more psf for higher floors as there's an observation deck at 27 floor where residents can go up there.

As for the showroom , there's no showroom for 1+ study i think , only showroom for 3 bedders .
    Agent told me can fit a single size bed in the study room . Im planning to have a Day-bed in the study room instead of a normal bed.

The small space ' HS ' is like a bomb shelter , as well as a store room.

Have you been to the actual site to have a look ?

The home shelter for one bedr is constructed in a rather odd place behind the opened front door. If the hs is constructed between the living and dinning area, can use it for another study room
    Hi , personally i think higher floors will be more noisy compared to low floor units .
    I prefer the low floor units ,because psf will be much lower compared to higher floors , it has nice pool view. I think its not very worth to pay like 100+ more psf for higher floors as there's an observation deck at 27 floor where residents can go up there.

As for the showroom , there's no showroom for 1+ study i think , only showroom for 3 bedders .
    Agent told me can fit a single size bed in the study room . Im planning to have a Day-bed in the study room instead of a normal bed.

The small space ' HS ' is like a bomb shelter , as well as a store room.

Have you been to the actual site to have a look ?

Thanks all for the fast reply.

I have only been there once during evening, so not really sure how it looks like during day time.

I agree that the psf price is quite ok comparing to other condos around the area. If I can get a price about 1000 psf range then perfect.

Noise level is still main concern, guess I can't tell for sure until TOP.... or as devilplate suggested, I should go to the nearby HDB to feel it. :|

Sigh, wife still not convinced that 650+ sqft is ok for couple living. Some more I need a guest room for parents visit occasionally, not sure if the study room can be converted.

Oh u have to take away balcony so really livable could be just 550sqft. Personally study room will be very cramp for a single bed and then a small wardrobe and leave no room to even walk. Study rm is meant for purely table and chair

I think for couple a decent min 800sqft is ideally with the intent for having guests stay over. Bh 1bed is ideal and most comfortable for a single

Leicester road in potong pasir has better loc being nearer mrt. U can try Leicester suites. Nice simple proj and sure noise level will b reduced

I prefer higher floor esp if it provides good view

Thanks all for the fast reply.

I have only been there once during evening, so not really sure how it looks like during day time.

I agree that the psf price is quite ok comparing to other condos around the area. If I can get a price about 1000 psf range then perfect.

Noise level is still main concern, guess I can't tell for sure until TOP.... or as devilplate suggested, I should go to the nearby HDB to feel it. :|

Sigh, wife still not convinced that 650+ sqft is ok for couple living. Some more I need a guest room for parents visit occasionally, not sure if the study room can be converted.

traffic traffic

traggic traggic.

seems like price is slowly heading up.

6-10 floor, 1+1, transacted for $740,000 (1109psf) in April 2011.

Prices are climbing all across the land... Its a sign!!!

Default Safety

I bought a unit there to stay on my own. I went there on one of the nights and realised it can be pretty quiet. wonder if its safe? Hopefully once completed, the place will be brighter and more people.

quite alright, i stay that area for 6yrs
    KARL

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    The home shelter for one bedr is constructed in a rather odd place behind the opened front door. If the hs is constructed between the living and dinning area, can use it for another study room
    Btw can we remove the HS door? Anyone done that before? Looks like is dead welded onto the wall. Anyone rm before?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambergal
    I bought a unit there to stay on my own. I went there on one of the nights and realised it can be pretty quiet. wonder if its safe? Hopefully once completed, the place will be brighter and more people.
    Is very quiet. Almost dead. Lucky the CTE keeps it alive with the noise. Sometimes u see the sleeping Buddha u feel more relax ...

Btw can we remove the HS door? Anyone done that before? Looks like is dead welded onto the wall. Anyone rm before?
    Can b removed but stil nid to keep it somewhr...haha

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Can b removed but stil nid to keep it somewhr...haha
    Le long away to garang guni

the door is rather out of place coz it gets in the way of the main door, the whole design of the unit is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    the door is rather out of place coz it gets in the way of the main door, the whole design of the unit is just wrong.
    Have not seen bh 1bedder floor plan yet cos dun own it.

If I understand u r saying is just next to main door. I also dun like such design. If HS used for storage it is best in kitchen. If for other purpose like a mini study den it should be away from any obstruction

Any idea wads gonna be done at St Michaels?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    This is a piece of old news but let's file it here.

You can read more in the link below.
    http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_609606.html
    $21m for private estates

By Esther Teo
    Dec 2, 2010

ESTATE UPGRADING PROGRAMME

MORE than 5,000 household are expected to benefit in the seventh batch of the Estate Upgrading Programme (EUP) announced by the Ministry of National Development (MND) on Thursday.

The six estates - Cambridge estate, Lucky Height Estate, Roxy Estate, Faber Hills Estate, Jalan Mata Ayer Estate and Beng Wan, Moonstone Lane and St Michael's Estate - will be upgraded at a cost of $21 million over the next three years.

The MND has also approved close to $3-million works proposed by the private estates as part of the Interim EUP, which focuses on small-scale and timely improvements.

A total of 200,000 households is expected to benefit from this.
    Launched in June last year, a total of $25 million has been set aside as part of the I-EUP three-year pilot programme.

Default Update: 2 July 2011

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Default Update: 2 July 2011

50m (lap) swimming pool
    Last edited by ecimbew; 02-07-11 at 22:23. Reason: Added another photo

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Wa webmice , you used DSLR to snap these pics ? Very clear .

Default Update 10 July 2011

Default Update 10 Jul 2011

Spotted 2 Daikin (the boxes) multi-split system air condition outdoor units tucked under the bay window of 1+1 units
    Spotted 3 air con units in 1+1 units. 2 in the living room and 1 in the bedroom. I heard there's another in the study room.
    Spotted overhead shower rain head in the 1+1 unit bathroom because there's no windows yet.
    Balcony glass panels are up for lower floor units