Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91419242934353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1190

Thread: Beacon Heights D12 , 999 yr

Last Unit #01-04 2+S 1410sf $1428,471

Quote Originally Posted by auroraborealis
    The L-area took up a lot of space...

I don't recall seeing kitchen cabinets at the top, just at the bottom
    Was referring to floor tiles; there's a row of tiles in front of the "kitchen" cabinets that's different from the living room tiles... Tough to explain in words
    I thought there is a top cabinet as i recall seeing one at the showroom. If there is no top cabinet, wouldn't the hood look very ugly? The tiles on the floor sounds strange. I just hope it's not too ugly.

Hi, anyone know what will happened if the developer cannot deliver the project as per stated in the TOP date or completion date? In Australia, I know the purchasers had the right to get back the money from the developer if they do not deliver on time before TOP.

Default TOP for this Project

Hi anyone know when this project going to TOP and I though is 1st quarter of 2012 but seen like it had overshot? If anyone had got the key, can take some pics to show how it look like inside?

For those who are interested.

Kim Eng has appointed aspireproperty to be their managing agent for all enquiries now. According to Aspireproperty, the TOP is being applied but waiting for BCA approval. Hence, no news as of now. They also said developer lawyer will send out letter this week to all owners to address TOP issue. Seems to me that there is further delay as the revised estimated TOP was supposed to be end April but no news till today. Totally screwed up!! This will most probably be Kim Eng's first and last development.

In this case, what should we as a owner do and expect from the developer or the appointed managing agent if they cannot deliver by the official TOP date? I think is a way of pushing responsibility by saying BCA had not approved, yet I would say why the builder or developer never do their submittion earlier if they are expecting such delay will be happening from the authority, I will not believe this the first project that this developer is building right?

If I am not wrong, in Australia, if the developer cannot deliver the project on time, customers can ask for full refund! This just one block of apartment, this developer already took more then three years to built! What if is a big project with few block then will take ten years to built!

Quote Originally Posted by browser
    For those who are interested.

Kim Eng has appointed aspireproperty to be their managing agent for all enquiries now. According to Aspireproperty, the TOP is being applied but waiting for BCA approval. Hence, no news as of now. They also said developer lawyer will send out letter this week to all owners to address TOP issue. Seems to me that there is further delay as the revised estimated TOP was supposed to be end April but no news till today. Totally screwed up!! This will most probably be Kim Eng's first and last development.

You should reread your S&P agreement. Purchasers entitled to liquidated damages, Clause 12.

Quote Originally Posted by DLiauw
    You should reread your S&P agreement. Purchasers entitled to liquidated damages, Clause 12.
    liquidated damages from legal date of completion hor... not estimated TOP date hor....

My understanding differs. Clause 12. Date of Vacant Possession. Clause 16 deals with CSC. ???

Yup agree with you, saw that too but we are not legal personnel errr Need a lawyer to talk with the developer's appointed lawyer is it? But in SG this the first time I heard project could not deliver even after TOP, wonder will developer talk to a small fly like me , unless is all the owner stand in and voice out as one

My understanding differs. Clause 12. Date of Vacant Possession. Clause 16 deals with CSC. ???

There are 2 announced dates. One is "TOP" and one is "Legal Completion". The Legal Completion date refers to the date that the developer must complete the project or else there is a penalty involved. This includes all the checking carried out by the developer after the project is completed.

Quoted from http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/quest...really-mean-fo
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

A good idea to go in as a group. You are probably not the only one upset about this late delivery.

Developer won't talk to you because you are a small fry?? I can understand developers getting their ways with qualifications of what you see in a show flat......artist's impressions only, model as a guide only, etc. But the words of the S&P Agreement are in b&w, signed off by you, your lawyer, the developer and the developer's lawyer? What else can be less clear?

Clause 12.1 The Vendor must deliver vacant possession of the Unit to the Purchaser no later than .......

Clause 12.4 If the Vendor for any reason does not deliver vacant possession of the Unit to the Purchaser by the Transfer Date, the Vendor must pay to the Purchaser liquidated damages.

Clause 12.5 Any liquidated damages payable to the Purchaser under Clause 12.4 may be deducted from any installment of the Purchase Price due to the Vendor.

By the way, a delay due to a BCA submission is not excuse. The developer and his QP should know better.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    There are 2 announced dates. One is "TOP" and one is "Legal Completion". The Legal Completion date refers to the date that the developer must complete the project or else there is a penalty involved. This includes all the checking carried out by the developer after the project is completed.

Quoted from http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/quest...really-mean-fo

Soon after the Temporary Occupation Permit(TOP) is granted by BCA, you can take possession of the vacant site(unit).

Legal completion is also known as Certificate of Statutory Completion(CSC). This makes the legal completion of the project. At that time, you pay your last 5%(??) of the purchased price (a large part if not in its entirety, goes towards the Academy of Law in SG) and this will occur generally 1-2-3 years after TOP.

Actually you sound more logically then Ecimbew written earlier. Fully agree with u. Anyway I am just sounding off what I thinking and hopefully most project owners do, is like getting excited to now fully disappointed liao guess this be the last time I going make business deal with

Soon after the Temporary Occupation Permit(TOP) is granted by BCA, you can take possession of the vacant site(unit).

Legal completion is also known as Certificate of Statutory Completion(CSC). This makes the legal completion of the project. At that time, you pay your last 5%(??) of the purchased price (a large part if not in its entirety, goes towards the Academy of Law in SG) and this will occur generally 1-2-3 years after TOP.

Wow I read the Sales and Purchase Agreement is stated very clearily the date the developer will need to deliver the units if failed to do so they will need liquidated damages under clause 12.4 and to be calaculated on a daily basis at the rate of 10% per annum of the total sum of the instalments paid by the Purchases toward the purchause price. The date stated is the TOP date as well. Wow look like all the owners can get some $$$ from the developer in this case heehee to do renovation work.

Quote Originally Posted by Noexit
    Actually you sound more logically then Ecimbew written earlier. Fully agree with u. Anyway I am just sounding off what I thinking and hopefully most project owners do, is like getting excited to now fully disappointed liao guess this be the last time I going make business deal with

Wow I read the Sales and Purchase Agreement is stated very clearily the date the developer will need to deliver the units if failed to do so they will need liquidated damages under clause 12.4 and to be calaculated on a daily basis at the rate of 10% per annum of the total sum of the instalments paid by the Purchases toward the purchause price. The date stated is the TOP date as well. Wow look like all the owners can get some $$$ from the developer in this case heehee to do renovation work.
    Noexit, r u vested here too?

For you to guess anyway forum is good to alert each other of the unfair agreement and discussion of what as a buyer should be looking for and after purchase to help each other understand and discuss how to deal each unforseen situation that buyers are facing and what we as a buyers should do?

Quote Originally Posted by KCT
    Noexit, r u vested here too?

Before you move into your new place, and immediatly after TOP, the property will need to be resurveyed.....to ensure that you get the sq footage you paid for (within a 3%(??) tolerance). If I am not mistaken, you will have to pay 50%(per strata unit allocated to you), and the developer will pay the other 50% for the said survey.

Other immediate expenses, payment in advance for 6 months(??) of the maintanence fees.......money is never enough, I suppose, and whatever one can get from the developer will come in helpful to cover all these misc expenses.

Wow thanks for the advise. is quite useful for the advise. Btw whom or where can I get such suveryer or the developer will apoint one for us?

Hmmm wonder will there be any hidden cost or unknow surprise for new owner like us to be aware of bcos I find that alot of users here sound like agents happily promoting project but never raise awarness of what new owners should look for in new project?

Before you move into your new place, and immediatly after TOP, the property will need to be resurveyed.....to ensure that you get the sq footage you paid for (within a 3%(??) tolerance). If I am not mistaken, you will have to pay 50%(per strata unit allocated to you), and the developer will pay the other 50% for the said survey.

Other immediate expenses, payment in advance for 6 months(??) of the maintanence fees.......money is never enough, I suppose, and whatever one can get from the developer will come in helpful to cover all these misc expenses.

Smile

The registered surveyor is appointed by the developer.

After you signed your Option to Purchase, the developer would have sent you a complete set of prior title deed(normally in a CD rom). Among the many documents in the CD rom, you will find the name of the surveyor, his/her tabulations of strata areas/share values for all the units in the development. These numbers are measured from the architect's (or QP) drawings.

Construction is hardly a precision science (especially in Singapore where we depend so heavily on unskilled/semi-skilled workers from everywhere). It is therefore not so surprising that what did get built will deviate slightly from the architect's drawings. IN ANOTHER WORD, the 1,000sq.ft condo that you bought may not be exactly that!! Within the industry, a tolerance of about +-3% is accepted as a norm. Just before units in a development are handed over to the purchasers(after TOP), the surveyor will physically measure the typical units, now finally in built forms(the "real thing" and not from the architect's drawings).

Aside from the above, I could not think of any other large hidden expenses that you will need to foot out when moving into the new home.......the rest of the $$$ can go to ID works!!!

Yup Yup sure will take note, thanks DLiaum for the info sharing, if only most of the users here will be as nice as you to share so many of sure important info as a buyers point of view rather then pushing hard on project ard.

The registered surveyor is appointed by the developer.

After you signed your Option to Purchase, the developer would have sent you a complete set of prior title deed(normally in a CD rom). Among the many documents in the CD rom, you will find the name of the surveyor, his/her tabulations of strata areas/share values for all the units in the development. These numbers are measured from the architect's (or QP) drawings.

Construction is hardly a precision science (especially in Singapore where we depend so heavily on unskilled/semi-skilled workers from everywhere). It is therefore not so surprising that what did get built will deviate slightly from the architect's drawings. IN ANOTHER WORD, the 1,000sq.ft condo that you bought may not be exactly that!! Within the industry, a tolerance of about +-3% is accepted as a norm. Just before units in a development are handed over to the purchasers(after TOP), the surveyor will physically measure the typical units, now finally in built forms(the "real thing" and not from the architect's drawings).

Aside from the above, I could not think of any other large hidden expenses that you will need to foot out when moving into the new home.......the rest of the $$$ can go to ID works!!!

Very disappointed especially since this is my first condo purchase.

In addition, there is no transparency on what is the delay.

Went down to site couple of days ago and workers were still there...

Wonder if there has been precedent project that had exceeded estimated TOP??

Yup Yup sure will take note, thanks DLiaum for the info sharing, if only most of the users here will be as nice as you to share so many of sure important info as a buyers point of view rather then pushing hard on project ard.

can claim developer for lost of rental income????

I suggest that you talk to your lawyer to drop a letter to the developer to clarify and am sure they will reply with positive response and what the action they can done for the delay since they had already over the date stated in the Sales and Purchase Agreement contract.

Quote Originally Posted by jondy77
    Very disappointed especially since this is my first condo purchase.

In addition, there is no transparency on what is the delay.

Went down to site couple of days ago and workers were still there...

Wonder if there has been precedent project that had exceeded estimated TOP??

hihi... just fyi (email notification from my lawyer):

We have been informed by the Developers' Solicitors, M/s Rajah & Tann
    that the Developers' consultants are now waiting for BCA to issue the
    Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP). M/s Rajah & Tann will let us have a
    further update on the expected issuance date of the TOP once the
    same is confirmed by BCA.

I suggest that you talk to your lawyer to drop a letter to the developer to clarify and am sure they will reply with positive response and what the action they can done for the delay since they had already over the date stated in the Sales and Purchase Agreement contract.

Cannot lah. does that mean if TOP earlier, then u pay developer rental income? Makes no sense.

Its the date of legal completion that is important. As long as the developer meet that date, should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    can claim developer for lost of rental income????

I had read from the S&P Agreement and the TOP date had been stated inside that developer will need to be deliver that why is good to talk to lawyer on this and written in for what the damages that developers will deem liable to the owner since they had failed to deliver then the stated date in the S&P agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Cannot lah. does that mean if TOP earlier, then u pay developer rental income? Makes no sense.

Its the date of legal completion that is important. As long as the developer meet that date, should be fine.

Default TOP received

Just closing the loop here for forum lurkers that the TOP has been received last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Windyblue
    Just closing the loop here for forum lurkers that the TOP has been received last week.
    Congrats. Are they paying any LD?

Btw anyone went to see the unit after collect the key? How the workmanship from this developer and any pics to share here?

Quote Originally Posted by Windyblue