Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: Beacon Heights D12 , 999 yr

D15 is an option Guest

Beacon Heights. I duno man. Good meh? Very expensive leh. This kind of pricing can try East Coast D15 liao. More prestigious and less traffic jam.

Congested Traffic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas
    I need some unbiased opinion about this project. Seems like the 2nd phase launch is not selling at all. Do you guys think this is a good investment as it is rather deep in and quite far away from the MRT.
    Hi, if u drive, I would like to suggest that u try driving to Beacon Height from town just after office hours from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. It may take u a hour to reach home. ;-)

why drive? Guest

Don't drive!

Take the MRT! Learn about other cultures by squeezing in the train with ah neh!

10 mins walk? Good! Exercise! Healthy Lifestyle!

Quote Originally Posted by D15 is an option
    Beacon Heights. I duno man. Good meh? Very expensive leh. This kind of pricing can try East Coast D15 liao. More prestigious and less traffic jam.
    U can only find it inTelok Kurau.... Other D15 may not get unless very old projects.....

Unregistered18 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by v2offer
    U can only find it inTelok Kurau.... Other D15 may not get unless very old projects.....
    This is the pathetic development that some agent/subseller was trying to push in various forums. Got condemned for hsi actions. Definitely not a good investment. Look around the area. Can get many more units which around at much better prices.

shithole inspector Guest

how can u compare vetro or beacon heights along st michael to the small apartments and small condos along the same stretch? those other small projects are in a different class and definitely lack in lustre compared to the 2 giants along st michael 2 to 3 years from now. it is like comparing st regis and some nearby antique apartments and u will see a vast difference in psf pricing. it is not right to simply look at the prices of other condos in the same area as apart from vetro and beacon heights, all the other condos along that road simply suck when it comes to facilities and magnificence.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered18
    This is the pathetic development that some agent/subseller was trying to push in various forums. Got condemned for hsi actions. Definitely not a good investment. Look around the area. Can get many more units which around at much better prices.

reg Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by shithole inspector
    how can u compare vetro or beacon heights along st michael to the small apartments and small condos along the same stretch? those other small projects are in a different class and definitely lack in lustre compared to the 2 giants along st michael 2 to 3 years from now. it is like comparing st regis and some nearby antique apartments and u will see a vast difference in psf pricing. it is not right to simply look at the prices of other condos in the same area as apart from vetro and beacon heights, all the other condos along that road simply suck when it comes to facilities and magnificence.
    Hey man, nice nickname you have... From your 'well-informed' posts, I am sure you must given Beacon Hts a really thorough 'inspection'?

REG'S SHITHOLE INSPECTOR Guest

Let me inspect ur shithole and i will stick a brush up ur arse all the way to ur nostrils and give it a thorough scrub.

Quote Originally Posted by reg
    Hey man, nice nickname you have... From your 'well-informed' posts, I am sure you must given Beacon Hts a really thorough 'inspection'?

reg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by REG'S SHITHOLE INSPECTOR
    Let me inspect ur shithole and i will stick a brush up ur arse all the way to ur nostrils and give it a thorough scrub.
    Haha, touchy little fella aren't you?

Some advice, think a little harder before you post to avoid being a victim of such jokes. That was more or less an own goal you scored there. If you are in doubt, or if you are perhaps not blessed with sufficient wit, perhaps it is better to keep quiet and avoid word games

Nicolas Guest

Default High floor or mid floor

Hey people,

let's not fight and discuss in peace. Anyway, would like your view on whether it's better to get a high floor (20 storey and above) or low to mid floor (2-10) for the 1+1 unit. Getting a high floor unit will have a nice view of the Kallang river and certain parts of Toa Payoh and a low to mid floor unit will have a nice view of the pool and the floating gym. Not really considering the mid floor as i am afraid it will be too noisy due to the CTE. Also, view may be just limited to CTE and some flats in Toa Payoh. Any opinions?

beacon hts lover Guest

go for above #20 as i also bought one above #20. We can be neighbours. If u r refering to studio the view is fantastic n also pool view. If view nt enuf frm balcony cn go to observatn deck on #27 for 360deg view of sing.u better hurry b4 gd units snappd up in public launch.
    Hey people,

let's not fight and discuss in peace. Anyway, would like your view on whether it's better to get a high floor (20 storey and above) or low to mid floor (2-10) for the 1+1 unit. Getting a high floor unit will have a nice view of the Kallang river and certain parts of Toa Payoh and a low to mid floor unit will have a nice view of the pool and the floating gym. Not really considering the mid floor as i am afraid it will be too noisy due to the CTE. Also, view may be just limited to CTE and some flats in Toa Payoh. Any opinions?

Nicolas Guest

I am not so worried about units being snapped up as the public launch was on 1 Augustand response has been slow as advised by my agent. So, think will wait a while more to see if there would be any price adjustment.

Weird Guest

Wondering why the sales is so bad as the price is ok and the finishing is not bad too. Also, low quantum for the studio unit. Any idea??

Unregistered909 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Weird
    Wondering why the sales is so bad as the price is ok and the finishing is not bad too. Also, low quantum for the studio unit. Any idea??
    Poor location. The surrounding area is quite noisy and dusty and quite run-down. Hardly any nearby amenities to speak of.

Hey people,

I don really like BH personally due to its location, but if from yr description, I'll opt for low floor poolview. Wat so nice to see about Kallang river/Toa Payoh?? Somemore must pay muc higher price... rather get pool view somemore cheaper rite..

repanse Guest

Default Beacon heights to Boon Keng MRT

Hi all

Wah lau eh. Whoever who says it's 10 min walk between BH and BK MRT must be either brisk walking very quickly or got very long legs ah.

Walking at a pace others' walking along and not wanting to break into sweats, it took me 20 min at least.

Even walking from blossoms @ woodleigh to potor pasir MRT takes less time.

Regards

Sad BH Guest

Whoever said that is a BH hardseller...Now u know why sales for BH is moving slowly...

Its just not as good...

Quote Originally Posted by repanse
    Hi all

Wah lau eh. Whoever who says it's 10 min walk between BH and BK MRT must be either brisk walking very quickly or got very long legs ah.

Walking at a pace others' walking along and not wanting to break into sweats, it took me 20 min at least.

Even walking from blossoms @ woodleigh to potor pasir MRT takes less time.

Regards

What is the percentage sold till now?

Nicolas Guest

As far as I am aware, I think only about 60-80 units out of the 212 units are sold. That makes it about 30-40%. It has been on sales since 11 July. Though that was the soft launch and the official launch was 1 August. Whatever it is, advertisements were already aplenty online since early July. So, can't really blame it on low awareness too..

BH lover Guest

i think those negative comments on BH must be posted by those who have bought potong pasir condos. i bet these people do not even know what pristine location is about as they are used to constantly living in noisy and dirty environments. St Michael is an upmarket area with many private apartments and condos if you even bother to check on iproperty.com. Vetro stands at #17 and BH at #28, which are the icons in the area. Those slumpy rangoon rd apartments may better in terms of proximity to town, but do they offer the good quality of life? i doubt it...who the hell wants to live in an indian town. residents staying in st michael would never need to pass by little india to get to town and the area has a certain class of its own. it is near town yet offers the peacefulness and privacy...

BH selling well Guest

This is only in the soft launch phase and almost half of the units have already been sold. the prices have been marked up for a reason. ignore the negative comments of the people in this thread or other threads as they are not serious buyers. every condo whether it is in D9 or anywhere has negative points and good points, but ultimately, you have to decide on the prospects of the place. People who do not appreciate Kallang River would not find it attractive no matter what you say. People who have bought Potong Pasir condos (which is further from town) would never sing praises about BH no matter what you say. Go through a checklist and you will find that BH has everything a good condo can offer. I have tried walking to the MRT and it really took me less than 10 min. along the way are shops, hawker centres and market so those people who say there are no amenities around are sprouting nonsense. I have a knee condition and the walk was a pleasant one though. imagine with that kind of proximity and the developer is including free shuttle service to boon keng mrt (1 min drive away), what nmore can u ask for. For studios, it is facing the pool and on high floors, can even see all the way to macritchie reservoir, what more can u ask for? no studio in singapore has that kind of view and facing to offer except BH. you pay $1300psf for a parc emily or McKenzie Rd studio and you either face another condo's balcony, the dusty road or the wall of some old shophouse around, you call that money's worth? i almost wanted to buy parc emily condo months ago but realised that the development was too short for my liking, and the only good thing is proximity to town. Zenith's 570sqf studio has recently sold for ridiculous $1 million (check the caveat) and BH is only a fraction of that amount. For a good quality life, BH would offer that anytime. Its basement underpass to the carpark is also a lot more classy compared to a lot of condos with no underground carpark passages (cheaper to construct). The woodsville interchange that cost the govt $130 million to construct is just outside St Michaels Rd and would be ready before TOP, so traffic would be excellent there. opposite St Georges Rd is a huge empty grass patch and i think it will be a matter of time before they build a shopping centre there (the most feasible project for that empty plot of land).

As far as I am aware, I think only about 60-80 units out of the 212 units are sold. That makes it about 30-40%. It has been on sales since 11 July. Though that was the soft launch and the official launch was 1 August. Whatever it is, advertisements were already aplenty online since early July. So, can't really blame it on low awareness too..

Unregistered1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BH lover
    i think those negative comments on BH must be posted by those who have bought potong pasir condos. i bet these people do not even know what pristine location is about as they are used to constantly living in noisy and dirty environments. St Michael is an upmarket area with many private apartments and condos if you even bother to check on iproperty.com. Vetro stands at #17 and BH at #28, which are the icons in the area. Those slumpy rangoon rd apartments may better in terms of proximity to town, but do they offer the good quality of life? i doubt it...who the hell wants to live in an indian town. residents staying in st michael would never need to pass by little india to get to town and the area has a certain class of its own. it is near town yet offers the peacefulness and privacy...
    Class? You are actually serious about that???

Oh my.......

BH - artery of singapore Guest

Did you actually count the number of private residential projects in that area? There are no HDB flats in St Michael Rd. Look at Trellis Tower, it is surrounded by HDB flats, u call that class? BH is near town but away from the low class little india. it is strategically situated near important crossroads leading to major expressways. Look at the map and you will find that BH is strategically located in Singapore as a location accessible to all parts of singapore with ease (pre and post woodsville interchange ). I bet you dont even look at the map. If you are talking about central meaning right in the centre of singapore, Toa Payoh and St Michael is alot more central than D9, 10 and 11 so it has to be a good location....

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered1
    Class? You are actually serious about that???

Oh my.......

registered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BH - artery of singapore
    Did you actually count the number of private residential projects in that area? There are no HDB flats in St Michael Rd. Look at Trellis Tower, it is surrounded by HDB flats, u call that class? BH is near town but away from the low class little india. it is strategically situated near important crossroads leading to major expressways. Look at the map and you will find that BH is strategically located in Singapore as a location accessible to all parts of singapore with ease (pre and post woodsville interchange ). I bet you dont even look at the map. If you are talking about central meaning right in the centre of singapore, Toa Payoh and St Michael is alot more central than D9, 10 and 11 so it has to be a good location....
    Guys and girls, you heard it here first!! See the above post for the most irrefutable proof that BH is the future...

Who wants to stay near Orchard Road and Marina Bay? They are so suburban... Go for the centre of Singapore!! When everyone realises that, the prices at BH will skyrocket!! It is at the 'Artery of Singapore'! At a heaven-touching height of 28 whole storeys and surrounded by the classiest surroundings and residences, with the renowned CTE and PIE right next to it, BH is absolute value! Go grab your unit before its too late! In fact, better queue up outside the showflat right now. I am sure there will be throngs of people buying tomorrow now that we have this stunning revelation right here... Go go go!

THE FLASH On Crutches Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BH selling well
    This is only in the soft launch phase and almost half of the units have already been sold. the prices have been marked up for a reason. ignore the negative comments of the people in this thread or other threads as they are not serious buyers. every condo whether it is in D9 or anywhere has negative points and good points, but ultimately, you have to decide on the prospects of the place. People who do not appreciate Kallang River would not find it attractive no matter what you say. People who have bought Potong Pasir condos (which is further from town) would never sing praises about BH no matter what you say. Go through a checklist and you will find that BH has everything a good condo can offer. I have tried walking to the MRT and it really took me less than 10 min. along the way are shops, hawker centres and market so those people who say there are no amenities around are sprouting nonsense. I have a knee condition and the walk was a pleasant one though. imagine with that kind of proximity and the developer is including free shuttle service to boon keng mrt (1 min drive away), what nmore can u ask for. For studios, it is facing the pool and on high floors, can even see all the way to macritchie reservoir, what more can u ask for? no studio in singapore has that kind of view and facing to offer except BH. you pay $1300psf for a parc emily or McKenzie Rd studio and you either face another condo's balcony, the dusty road or the wall of some old shophouse around, you call that money's worth? i almost wanted to buy parc emily condo months ago but realised that the development was too short for my liking, and the only good thing is proximity to town. Zenith's 570sqf studio has recently sold for ridiculous $1 million (check the caveat) and BH is only a fraction of that amount. For a good quality life, BH would offer that anytime. Its basement underpass to the carpark is also a lot more classy compared to a lot of condos with no underground carpark passages (cheaper to construct). The woodsville interchange that cost the govt $130 million to construct is just outside St Michaels Rd and would be ready before TOP, so traffic would be excellent there. opposite St Georges Rd is a huge empty grass patch and i think it will be a matter of time before they build a shopping centre there (the most feasible project for that empty plot of land).
    Whoa, knee condition and yet you managed to walk to the MRT in under 10 mins? Pardon our previous disrespect. You must be the superhero 'the FLASH' who retired here anonymously.

Glad to know that you have invested in Beacon Heights. Given that it is so close to town, why walk to Boon Keng MRT? I am sure you could have walked to orchard in 15 mins and marina bay in 20 mins at that pace.

Anyway, welcome to Singapore and do wave if you do zip past some time.

CITYFRINGE INVESTOR Guest

Just saw this in URA website for Zenith in Zion Rd:

ZENITH ZION ROAD Apartment 1,310,000 775sf 1,690 Jun-08
    ZENITH ZION ROAD Apartment 1,313,067 753sf 1,743 May-08
    ZENITH ZION ROAD Apartment 989,562 570sf 1,735 May-08
    ZENITH ZION ROAD Apartment 978,029 570sf 1,714 May-08
    ZENITH ZION ROAD Apartment 3,771,450 2,486sf 1,517 May-08
    ZENITH ZION ROAD Apartment 1,000,000 570sf 1,753 May-08
    ZENITH ZION ROAD Apartment 963,603 570sf 1,689 May-08
    ZENITH ZION ROAD Apartment 918,249 592sf 1,551 May-08
    ZENITH ZION ROAD Apartment 966,498 570sf 1,694 May-08

With the ridiculous pricing of condos in town, cityfringe condos are the next option for not so well-off singaporeans and PRs. Beacon Heights going at between 800-900psf is a good buy in today's terms for what it has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by registered
    Guys and girls, you heard it here first!! See the above post for the most irrefutable proof that BH is the future...

Who wants to stay near Orchard Road and Marina Bay? They are so suburban... Go for the centre of Singapore!! When everyone realises that, the prices at BH will skyrocket!! It is at the 'Artery of Singapore'! At a heaven-touching height of 28 whole storeys and surrounded by the classiest surroundings and residences, with the renowned CTE and PIE right next to it, BH is absolute value! Go grab your unit before its too late! In fact, better queue up outside the showflat right now. I am sure there will be throngs of people buying tomorrow now that we have this stunning revelation right here... Go go go!

registered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CITYFRINGE INVESTOR
    Just saw this in URA website for Zenith in Zion Rd:

ZENITH ZION ROAD Apartment 1,310,000 775sf 1,690 Jun-08
    ZENITH ZION ROAD Apartment 1,313,067 753sf 1,743 May-08
    ZENITH ZION ROAD Apartment 989,562 570sf 1,735 May-08
    ZENITH ZION ROAD Apartment 978,029 570sf 1,714 May-08
    ZENITH ZION ROAD Apartment 3,771,450 2,486sf 1,517 May-08
    ZENITH ZION ROAD Apartment 1,000,000 570sf 1,753 May-08
    ZENITH ZION ROAD Apartment 963,603 570sf 1,689 May-08
    ZENITH ZION ROAD Apartment 918,249 592sf 1,551 May-08
    ZENITH ZION ROAD Apartment 966,498 570sf 1,694 May-08

With the ridiculous pricing of condos in town, cityfringe condos are the next option for not so well-off singaporeans and PRs. Beacon Heights going at between 800-900psf is a good buy in today's terms for what it has to offer.
    Who cares about the city or city fringe? Haven't you read the above posts? It's all about the "CENTRE" or Singapore. BH is much nearer to the "CENTRE" than The Zenith anyday!

BH selling well Guest

i said i had some knee problems, did not say i am crippled or on crutches. i just tried walking to boon keng mrt for pleasure after viewing the showflat and for ur info, i have never taken an mrt for a long time as i drive. The drive to raffles city took me less than 10 min as the traffic conditions were okay that day. your sense of direction must be really bad if you have to take more than 10 min to walk to the mrt from beacon heights. Maybe u should arm urself with a gps wherever u go next time.

Quote Originally Posted by THE FLASH On Crutches
    Whoa, knee condition and yet you managed to walk to the MRT in under 10 mins? Pardon our previous disrespect. You must be the superhero 'the FLASH' who retired here anonymously.

Glad to know that you have invested in Beacon Heights. Given that it is so close to town, why walk to Boon Keng MRT? I am sure you could have walked to orchard in 15 mins and marina bay in 20 mins at that pace.

Anyway, welcome to Singapore and do wave if you do zip past some time.

CITYFRINGE INVESTOR Guest

Yeah you said it right!!! Centre of singapore as opposed to central should be the primary consideration for home buying one day. Toa Payoh is in the centre which explains why it is a hot hot location reserved for HDB dwellers. the government thinks it best by giving poorer HDB dwellers the best as HDB has greater historical significance in Singapore rather than condominiums. Anyway, I do not know who came up with the idea that D9, 10 and 11 are hot locations? I think you must be puzzled...

Quote Originally Posted by registered
    Who cares about the city or city fringe? Haven't you read the above posts? It's all about the "CENTRE" or Singapore. BH is much nearer to the "CENTRE" than The Zenith anyday!

registered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CITYFRINGE INVESTOR
    Yeah you said it right!!! Centre of singapore as opposed to central should be the primary consideration for home buying one day. Toa Payoh is in the centre which explains why it is a hot hot location reserved for HDB dwellers. the government thinks it best by giving poorer HDB dwellers the best as HDB has greater historical significance in Singapore rather than condominiums. Anyway, I do not know who came up with the idea that D9, 10 and 11 are hot locations? I think you must be puzzled...
    No... no longer puzzled, I have been enlightened! Centre is best!

I was actually making my way down to queue outside beacon heights right before I thought about it and realised that the exact centre of Singapore would be somewhere in the water catchment area between MacRitchie and Pierce reservoir (see Singapore Map to confirm for yourself!). High class area too... no HDBs in the vicinity. I'll wait for new projects there then. Hope I can be the first!! Wanna join me?