Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 51015202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast

Thread: Beacon Heights D12 , 999 yr

Default Which stack should you consider?

That's true. The 2 bedder stacks facing south are brilliant. The reason is more evident when it is more than 22 storeys. The nearby HDB point blocks, although 25 storeys, only measure up to Beacon Height's 21st storey.

Each level in BH is 3 metres with the exception of ground floor (non-basement carpark) and first floor (the one with large PES units and pool/gym facilities). I believe they are 4 metres. With that command of height over neighbouring flats, you can see the flyer and MBS.

I was puzzled why the observation deck on 27th storey was facing north instead. Otherwise residence would have enjoyed the stunning view together.

The other reason why I prefer BH over One Saint Michael is the layout. OSM is too claustrophobic to me with its huge stilt-like columns. BH gives me more breathing space with a large garden, two swimming pools and a tennis court. I was also impressed with the non-basement carpark and a multi-storey carpark at a corner (between St Michael's Condo and the Elysia). Yes, the tennis court is on top of the multi-storey carpark. It is amazing how windy that area is.

As I frequent Orchard Road and Novena, I think I have made a good purchase. Moreover, I bought it below the market rate and valuation compared to the rest of District 12.

I don't think St Michael's Condo will be en bloc so soon with the recent measures in place. So for those thinking of buying units facing St Michael's Condo, you have to consider the possibility of a high-rise condo in future.

The 1+1 stacks will not have that problem. With approximately 80 metres buffer from the balcony to the expressway and beyond the expressway that is unlikely to be blocked, I feel it is a much better buy. Those buying units facing the east and west are also good if you don't mind the sun. The east units face the temple, which is less than 3 storeys, and ample of greens. The west units face the Saint Wilfrid Sports Complex operated by Singapore Sports Council - it is a very lively area with football by enthusiasts every day.

Although Kai Seng Court (the apartments next to the expressway and in front of Vetro) has been sold to Allgreen but the land size is very small. We will see another Mickey Mouse apartments listed in future. This new development will not block BH at all. With that small plot of land and its close proximity to the expressway, I doubt it will be tall. Moreover, LTA requires a buffer from the expressway based on their "Development Control" explanation. So, Kai Seng Court will be tiny. Being tiny means it can't build too tall otherwise the building will be too slender and skeptical to lateral load from wind. That's my two cents comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i think stack 3 and 4 are the best, but the units are elongated, just like the 1+1. If developer had done away with the balcony, the 1+1 can easily be made into a 2 bedder. I think in this aspect, Vetro seems to be a better deal as their 2 bedders are only slightly bigger than a 1+1 at beacon heights. The advantage BH has over vetro is that the former has full condo facilities and has a larger land area. In that area, i think only vetro, OSM and BH are commanding figures, other projects are a waste of time.
    Last edited by ecimbew; 16-01-11 at 09:21. Reason: Readability and grammar

i tink the reason y u choose BH over OSM is bcoz u r looking for 1+1/2bedder....OSM 2bedder CMI(stuck inside....silly design)...only 3bedder is good

Yes, that is true too. Why would I want to be victimised just because I am buying a smaller unit? This was evident when I went house hunting. Beacon Heights gave me hopes that smaller units were still valued and given preferential treatment. Pool facing, north facing, unblock, high floor, good unit number (yes, 08 is given to 1+1), electric hob (not gas), hood, microwave oven, non-bedroom house-hold shelter, long living room/kitchenette, study room, sunken bath, etc. I am ok with the large balcony because I plan to have an outdoor living room. The only problem is, some may like it, the rubbish chute is outside the unit. I didn't manage to find it's exact location though. Anyone care to share?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i tink the reason y u choose BH over OSM is bcoz u r looking for 1+1/2bedder....OSM 2bedder CMI(stuck inside....silly design)...only 3bedder is good

Default Beacon Heights on 16 Jan 2011

I took some photos today and will upload it slowly.

This was taken from the 24th floor of Blk 22, St George's. I didn't want to appear a nuisance on the 25th floor because the unit facing Beacon Heights did not close their door. Paiseh.

This will be the second exit in future. The ground floor is where the cars will park. Yes, there's a drop off driveway near the lifts that is complete with a waterfall feature. Above the carpark is where the recreational swimming pool, jacuzzi, 50m swimming pool, floating gym, function room, etc will be. Beacon Heights offically starts on the second level. The driveway also leads to the multi-storey carpark between the Elysia and St Michael's Condo. Not sure how tall it is but I notice it has a basement floor. On top of the mult-storey carpark is the tennis court.

I believe because of the height restriction for ground floor entrance, your movers' truck might not be able to enter.
    Last edited by ecimbew; 16-01-11 at 22:16. Reason: adding more words

This is a fairly interesting angle. This was taken from Blk 22, St George's. You can see St Michael's Condo in the foreground and a bit of The Elysia on the left. Between St Michael's Condo and The Elysia is the multi-storey carpark and tennis court. The 50m swimming pool is 6m wide (I think it fits about 3 lanes) and you can see it from this angle. The lush greenery separates the expressway from the estate.

Some Vetro and Callista residences are lucky. They get to enjoy unblock view and overlooking the swimming pool that Beacon Heights will have. The Elysia residences will have a clear view of those swimming too. This was taken in front of Kai Seng Court and Vetro junction.

This was taken on level 24.5 at Blk 22, St George's. You can see some of Marina Bay Sands. City View residences will have one of the best city views. That's how it got its name.

Beacon Heights residences facing South will get this view.

can sense your excitement with your buy. is your unit reflected in the URA caveat or have you just purchased?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    This was taken on level 24.5 at Blk 22, St George's. You can see some of Marina Bay Sands. City View residences will have one of the best city views. That's how it got its name.

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but actually Level 6 on top of numerous boutique developments in East Coast have a better view of MBS (upper full 1/2 to 3/4 of it)... although size is surely smaller but at least it's a more 'complete' view. :P

Example:

Ok, not impressed? But for sure the City Regency nearby at level 11 and above common corridor can see almost 3/4 of the MBS in full...

Point I wanna make is that nearer doesn't always mean better... line of sight most important for overall 'openness' of view.

Why are there so many pre-occupied with view of MBS? MBS is blocking my seaview

Or this

Ya people obsessed with IR, Flyer, Fireworks, Reservoir, parks and hills view... who wants rubbish dump, workers quarters, chicken coup view??

Can you please photoshop away the buildings and add more blue sky and trees to the foreground? And add a strip of blue sea in the distance. That will make the view much better At least this is what the condo brochures always tell me what a condo view should be.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Or this

Ya people obsessed with IR, Flyer, Fireworks, Reservoir, parks and hills view... who wants rubbish dump, workers quarters, chicken coup view??
    taken from cosmo?

Nice to see the development photos of BH! thanks

Wonder if we would b able to get the keys by end of this yr

Really detailed study of BH development. I got a unit at stack 1 (2+1).

Went down a couple of times. It is very windy and looked impressive.

I guess I didn't make a bad choice afterall despite some negative remark in the forum on BH.

Hi jondy77, I liked the layout of stack 1, the best of the 2+1 but was late so left only stack 3&4 left when I bought

Quote Originally Posted by jondy77

I guess I didn't make a bad choice afterall despite some negative remark in the forum on BH.

Hey neighbours! Hope to see you guys when we get our keys. Maybe a small celebration on 27th floor. Hehe. I am crossing my fingers to receive the keys by year end. Judging by my frequent visits there, it takes about 2 weeks to complete one level.

Quote Originally Posted by XB
    Hi jondy77, I liked the layout of stack 1, the best of the 2+1 but was late so left only stack 3&4 left when I bought

Did you guys check out the listed prices recently on those online property sites? Prices range from $758K to $870K for 1+1; $893K to $1.180mil for 2+1; $1.050mil to $2.350mil for 3+1/Penthouse. Seriously, these are very high asking prices. I don't see any transactions close to that amount yet on URA website. Can anyone explain what is going on? Does the latest measure have any role to play or sellers are still delusional? Could it be that it is TOP-ing soon? Would TOP play a role in jacking up the prices? Puzzled.

at least stack 1 not facing expressway, but kenna east sun and diagonally opposite ah neh temple. One of the bedroom also odd shape.

Quote Originally Posted by jondy77

they can ask, but will never get that price

Did you guys check out the listed prices recently on those online property sites? Prices range from $758K to $870K for 1+1; $893K to $1.180mil for 2+1; $1.050mil to $2.350mil for 3+1/Penthouse. Seriously, these are very high asking prices. I don't see any transactions close to that amount yet on URA website. Can anyone explain what is going on? Does the latest measure have any role to play or sellers are still delusional? Could it be that it is TOP-ing soon? Would TOP play a role in jacking up the prices? Puzzled.

It's not ah-neh temple. It is a buddhist temple. I have been there a couple of times on weekdays and weekends. It has never been noisy yet. In fact, it is very peaceful.

at least stack 1 not facing expressway, but kenna east sun and diagonally opposite ah neh temple. One of the bedroom also odd shape.

I is an ah neh buddhist temple
    It's not ah-neh temple. It is a buddhist temple. I have been there a couple of times on weekdays and weekends. It has never been noisy yet. In fact, it is very peaceful.

I embrace all race.

I is an ah neh buddhist temple

Hello Owners of Beacon Heights, I've a serious buyer looking for a 1+study above #20 for own stay. Please call +65-92993342 or PM me if you have intention to sell. Thanks.

Another one.... Go for smallest unit...

As of Dec still got 9 units not sold by the developer, any idea what units are those and what price are they selling?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    As of Dec still got 9 units not sold by the developer, any idea what units are those and what price are they selling?

Developer selling for $6xxpsf up as of Dec 2010

Quote Originally Posted by richardsng_era
    Developer selling for $6xxpsf up as of Dec 2010
    Huh? so cheap? Are they penthouses and ground floor units? Any more normal units left?