Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aristo @ Amber (D15, FH)

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    I don't think so. Other projects have already recover back to 2007 peak level. Or not far from there. But if developer down price, then those early buyers will suffer. Like far east, I don't see them lowering their prices by that much in the crisis. They just stop selling. At least, you know the value will go back to developer prices during up turn. Now, people are just thinking that Aristo was sold by developer at 1100 psf and thus, the pathetic psf now. That is a 40% discount which is suicidal for those who bought in 2007 peak.

I mean, just look at other projects. Silversea, one amber, clift, esta, seaview etc. Silversea is the best comparison. Launched around 1400 to 1500 initially after discount, then during crisis, lower to 1300 but that is about it. Now, 1600 psf. Can you imagine silversea discount 40% to 900 psf, then people will always think silversea is 900 psf.

So must buy with your eyes open wide and big.
    I seriously don't know what you talking about. Aristo is fully sold in 2009. Developer drops price in 2009 after the Lehman crisis. Most other developers either froze sales or drop price during this period.

Aristo developer is a Small developer as such it is able to lower price during bad times. While big developer usually will just halt sales. But that doesn't mean that big developer project is always better than small developer projects. In fact, better bargains can be reaped from the latter.

I don't think so. Other projects have already recover back to 2007 peak level. Or not far from there. But if developer down price, then those early buyers will suffer. Like far east, I don't see them lowering their prices by that much in the crisis. They just stop selling. At least, you know the value will go back to developer prices during up turn. Now, people are just thinking that Aristo was sold by developer at 1100 psf and thus, the pathetic psf now. That is a 40% discount which is suicidal for those who bought in 2007 peak.

I mean, just look at other projects. Silversea, one amber, clift, esta, seaview etc. Silversea is the best comparison. Launched around 1400 to 1500 initially after discount, then during crisis, lower to 1300 but that is about it. Now, 1600 psf. Can you imagine silversea discount 40% to 900 psf, then people will always think silversea is 900 psf.

Hahaha Silversea until now is still not completely sold. It has been more than 3 years in the market since its first launch. Whereas all Aristo units sold within 6 months from its launch with 2 of its buyers being ministers with portfolios.. Small developer wants to sell quickly and move on. While Far East doesnt mind to sit on its project and wait for fools to buy.

So, which is a better buy??

I hope you are aware that when Aristo was first launched in late 2008, its psf price was $1,700 average to reflect its high quality finishes and design. Almost everything is in glass and metal construction. At that time, its psf was the highest in the area. Developer promises high end finishes and state of the art architectural design.

As such, if you happen to buy Aristo at $1,000 psf - $1,200 psf , then you are really lucky. Just wait till 2011 to see its completed.

You forget opportunity costs. If you didn't buy this at 1100 and buy MBR instead, then the result will be very different. Once is no gain or lost interest money and one is 200 to 300% capital gain.

I remember this condo. Marketed as butterfly house or something like this. Site is small though. Boutique apartments I guess. Sold at extreme prices (agents damn stuck up too!) but when market is down, the developer lower the price aggressively and thus, all 2007 buyers lost at least 40-50%. Lowest point was around 800-900 psf. Probably cash flow problem, that is why. But not good for buyers because people will say this condo is 1000 psf. Finishing so so only but the appliances are good brands. Then again, how much can those appliances cost. 5 to 10k more at most.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    hmm, so is the launch price 1100psf or 1600-1700psf as another forumer had quoted? could be for units of different sizes too so erm well......

if we assume that the launch psf is 1100 and the recent subsale transaction is 1100psf and of similar floor size, then it's merely zero sum. though have to take into account inflation or interests incurred

??? What you talking? Ministers buy meaning good projects? Your argument is funny but anyway, I think Silversea a better buy. Looking at current prices, silversea already recover to 2007 level but aristo still 30-40% off 2007 prices. So I think Silversea a better buy because:-

1. Much better location
    2. Developer don't crash prices and thus, preserving value for those who bought at a high.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Hahaha Silversea until now is still not completely sold. It has been more than 3 years in the market since its first launch. Whereas all Aristo units sold within 6 months from its launch with 2 of its buyers being ministers with portfolios.. Small developer wants to sell quickly and move on. While Far East doesnt mind to sit on its project and wait for fools to buy.

Small developer so can lower price? I think they have no choice but to lower the price.

Better bargains? I don't think so. Those 2007/2008 buyers are losing big time.

I seriously don't know what you talking about. Aristo is fully sold in 2009. Developer drops price in 2009 after the Lehman crisis. Most other developers either froze sales or drop price during this period.

Aristo developer is a Small developer as such it is able to lower price during bad times. While big developer usually will just halt sales. But that doesn't mean that big developer project is always better than small developer projects. In fact, better bargains can be reaped from the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    You forget opportunity costs. If you didn't buy this at 1100 and buy MBR instead, then the result will be very different. Once is no gain or lost interest money and one is 200 to 300% capital gain.

I remember this condo. Marketed as butterfly house or something like this. Site is small though. Boutique apartments I guess. Sold at extreme prices (agents damn stuck up too!) but when market is down, the developer lower the price aggressively and thus, all 2007 buyers lost at least 40-50%. Lowest point was around 800-900 psf. Probably cash flow problem, that is why. But not good for buyers because people will say this condo is 1000 psf. Finishing so so only but the appliances are good brands. Then again, how much can those appliances cost. 5 to 10k more at most.
    agree with you bro on the opportunity costs. huge losses for those who bought at the peak. some forumer is crazy enough to tout that the grand entrance commands a premium. see how that supposed designer architectural artifact hold up property prices. one word to describe whoever bought because of the so called conserved entrance - foolish

Have not driven pass Aristo for a while. Can the units at Aristo see the sea? I understand that the neighbour on the right is a 5-6 storeys swimming club facilities.
    I am comparing the Aristo with Coralis and Aristo with Aalto. Not distance between Coralis and Aalto . It takes 3 minutes walk from Aristo to Coralis. And 8 minutes walk from Aristo to Aalto. You can practically see both buildings clearly from Aristo.

The interesting fact is that Aristo enjoys similar sea views as those units at Aalto. While Coralis, another Far East project, doesn't even have proper sea views and Far East made it a 99 year lease project even though it has Freehold title. Only fools buy Far East project. And Silversea is a 99 year lease project with only 3 bedrooms having Sea views while 2 bedrooms are on lower floors. How thoughtful.

Duxton and Marina Bay are miles apart. Both in terms of location and sea views.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Have not driven pass Aristo for a while. Can the units at Aristo see the sea? I understand that the neighbour on the right is a 5-6 storeys swimming club facilities.
    Yes, the seaview facing stacks are 1 & 2 and should not be affected by the Chinese swimming club as most of it is pool view. Stack 1 will have morning sun whilst stack 2 will get some afternoon sun. Current stage is in piling. Check out the pics in this listing below . The pic looks like it is taken from 38 Amber but the view should be simliar (in fact better as Aristo is closer to the Sea).

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...le-the-aristo#

Hmm.. You seems to be thinking that if developer lower their prices, it is a good buy? IMO, I think it erodes the value of the condo. First buyers must be slapping themselves because the value drop 50%. No thanks to developer slashing prices in the crisis. For me, I will still not buy because of a lack of value. Luxury cooking hood, fridge etc, how much can it costs?

The view ahead may be blocked by Tower 1 of Silversea as can be seen from the photo in the propertyguru. There is some portacabins on the silversea's sites. When it comes to rental, tenants will prefer the one with full facilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Yes, the seaview facing stacks are 1 & 2 and should not be affected by the Chinese swimming club as most of it is pool view. Stack 1 will have morning sun whilst stack 2 will get some afternoon sun. Current stage is in piling. Check out the pics in this listing below . The pic looks like it is taken from 38 Amber but the view should be simliar (in fact better as Aristo is closer to the Sea).

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...le-the-aristo#

The view ahead may be blocked by Tower 1 of Silversea as can be seen from the photo in the propertyguru. There is some portacabins on the silversea's sites. When it comes to rental, tenants will prefer the one with full facilities.
    Only the left view of Aristo would be slightly affected. Will try to post a pic of the line of sights when I have time. The one who will be the most impacted is The Seaview as they will be blocked all around by The Cote D'Azure, Silversea, Aristo, Amber Residences, 38 Amber as well as the new apt just next to Aristo (Far East)

Here you go. Not difficult to see the impact on The Seaview. The blue & green lines represent their line of sight. (The name itself is quite an oxymoron since there will be very little seaview in fact).

In this pic below, you can see the amount of seaview that Aristo will get. See the red lines. The entire 14th floor is slated for the pool, gym and common facilities so the residents will be able to get quite a good view from the sky terrrace.
    Last edited by proper-t; 27-04-10 at 10:50.

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but looks like only Stack 2 has the view of the sea & marina bay. As Stack 1 will be blocked by Silversea and Stack 3 & 4 are both North facing. And perhaps the MBR of Stack 3 will also get the sea with marina bay view.

BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Actually, the views are about the same as the frontage facing towards the sea is not that wide. See pic below. As long as they are above the Chinese swimming club, both stack 1 & 2 will get quite good views. There are pros & cons. You can see in the stack 1 layout that the living & dining are on the right and have full views whilst for stack 2, only the living can see the sea whilst the the dining will be at the back. Stack 2 bedrooms get seaview whilst one of stack 1 bedroom will face the circus. Stack 1 will get some morning sun (may be blocked by Silversea) but Stack 2 master bedroom will get afternoon sun as some of its windows face the Chinese swimming club (west). Stack 3 gets full blown afternoon sun and one of its bedrooms may get a sliver of view but may be blocked by Seaview pt.

In the pic below, the blue block represents Silversea. The red lines represent stack 1 and the green lines stack 2.

Last edited by proper-t; 27-04-10 at 11:25.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    ??? What you talking? Ministers buy meaning good projects? Your argument is funny but anyway, I think Silversea a better buy. Looking at current prices, silversea already recover to 2007 level but aristo still 30-40% off 2007 prices. So I think Silversea a better buy because:-

1. Much better location
    2. Developer don't crash prices and thus, preserving value for those who bought at a high.
    Silversea and Aristo are located side by side. How can Silversea be a better location? In fact, Silversea is located in front of ECP expressway so its very noisy compared to Aristo which is beside a swimming club.

Silversea psf is high now cause it still has units unsold and for sale, whereas Aristo is fully sold last year. And resale market is slow cause its not TOP yet as such, growth potential is huge for Aristo as compared to Silversea. Cause the surrounding psf are so much higher.

Only the left view of Aristo would be slightly affected. Will try to post a pic of the line of sights when I have time. The one who will be the most impacted is The Seaview as they will be blocked all around by The Cote D'Azure, Silversea, Aristo, Amber Residences, 38 Amber as well as the new apt just next to Aristo (Far East)
    Yes that long piece of land beside Aristo is also owned by Far East. Let's see how much will they be launching ? Bearing in mind that the land has limited or no sea views altogether compared to The Aristo

I can bet Far East will launch a condo there above $1,300 psf.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but looks like only Stack 2 has the view of the sea & marina bay. As Stack 1 will be blocked by Silversea and Stack 3 & 4 are both North facing. And perhaps the MBR of Stack 3 will also get the sea with marina bay view.
    The best stacks in the Aristo is stack 2 and 3. Stack 1 will be mostly blocked by a Silversea block in front which is above 20 floors in height and located not that far away in distance. As such, the gap is close and the sea view is limited. In addition, the Aristo land is angular and is tinted to the left as such those stacks facing the Chinese Swimming club will have almost unobstructed sea views. this is because the swimming club and the community church beside it are all of low floors and further to the front is an empty forested land which is not slated for residential. The Seaview point condo is located further afield separated by a road. As such, the viewing gap distance is huge.

I have checked the side views by viewing a unit at Suites at Amber on the 12th floor. And its confirmed that these 2 stacks have the best sea views cause the sea comes closer from that angle looking towards city..

If I have time, I will try to attach the photo I taken from Suites At Amber to proof my point.

The best stacks in the Aristo is stack 2 and 3. Stack 1 will be mostly blocked by a Silversea block in front which is above 20 floors in height and located not that far away in distance. As such, the gap is close and the sea view is limited. In addition, the Aristo land is angular and is tinted to the left as such those stacks facing the Chinese Swimming club will have almost unobstructed sea views. this is because the swimming club and the community church beside it are all of low floors and further to the front is an empty forested land which is not slated for residential. The Seaview point condo is located further afield separated by a road. As such, the viewing gap distance is huge.

I have checked the side views by viewing a unit at Suites at Amber on the 12th floor. And its confirmed that these 2 stacks have the best sea views cause the sea comes closer from that angle looking towards city..

If I have time, I will try to attach the photo I taken from Suites At Amber to proof my point.
    Stack 2 maybe slightly better with an additional inch of view but stack 3 ???? What have you been smoking?

Stack 3 is facing inside towards Amber Road with view of Chinese swimming club and Vertis. Stack 3 gets full blown afternoon sun and Stack 2 will get both morning & afternoon sun.

I have already show categorically via satellite photos what the view line of sight will be.

Anyway, no point of discussing further as clearly you have a vested interest. Wait for TOP and all will be revealed.

Carry on smoking.......

Red lines are stack 1 view. Green lines are stack 2 views. Blue lines are stack 3
    Last edited by proper-t; 28-04-10 at 10:01.

The Masterbed room of Stack 2 can get very hot in the afternoon. Bedroom will be better. Not sure about fengshui with the towering silversea block infront of you.
    Stack 2 maybe slightly better with an additional inch of view but stack 3 ???? What have you been smoking?

Stack 3 is facing inside towards Amber Road with view of Chinese swimming club and Vertis. Stack 3 gets full blown afternoon sun and Stack 2 will get both morning & afternoon sun.

I have already show categorically via satellite photos what the view line of sight will be.

Anyway, no point of discussing further as clearly you have a vested interest. Wait for TOP and all will be revealed.

Carry on smoking.......

Red lines are stack 1 view. Green lines are stack 2 views. Blue lines are stack 3

The Masterbed room of Stack 2 can get very hot in the afternoon. Bedroom will be better. Not sure about fengshui with the towering silversea block infront of you.
    Yes, I have stayed in apts with afternoon sun before and the greenhouse effect is terrible. Coming back home in the evening and the room is really hot and stuffy. This is especially so for units with full ceiling to floor glass window which is the case with Aristo I think.

Bad fengshui will only come about if there is a lot of sha qi. Silversea seems quite squarish without that many sharp angles. Even if there was bad fengshui, The Seaview will get the brunt of it from Silversea
    Last edited by proper-t; 28-04-10 at 10:27.

If you look closely at the location plan of silversea, the corner unit of the silversea closer to aristo has a sharp corner pointing at Stack 2.
    Yes, I have stayed in apts with afternoon sun before and the greenhouse effect is terrible. Coming back home in the evening and the room is really hot and stuffy. This is especially so for units with full ceiling to floor glass window which is the case with Aristo I think.

Bad fengshui will only come about is there is a lot of sha qi. Silvervea seems quite squarish without that many sharp angles. Even if there was bad fengshui, The Seaview will get the brunt of it.

If you look closely at the location plan of silversea, the corner unit of the silversea closer to aristo has a sharp corner pointing at Stack 2.
    Yah. Now that you mentioned it. Didn't really look that closely. Was more concern with the view than the fengshui aspects.

I am comparing the Aristo with Coralis and Aristo with Aalto. Not distance between Coralis and Aalto . It takes 3 minutes walk from Aristo to Coralis. And 8 minutes walk from Aristo to Aalto. You can practically see both buildings clearly from Aristo.

The interesting fact is that Aristo enjoys similar sea views as those units at Aalto. While Coralis, another Far East project, doesn't even have proper sea views and Far East made it a 99 year lease project even though it has Freehold title. Only fools buy Far East project. And Silversea is a 99 year lease project with only 3 bedrooms having Sea views while 2 bedrooms are on lower floors. How thoughtful.

Duxton and Marina Bay are miles apart. Both in terms of location and sea views.
    Coralis is another far east project?! Is this guy even from this world As bro proper-t has pointed out, sounds like another sucker who is stucked with a lousy stack 2 at Aristo and now trying to off load by slamming other projects. What a joke.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Coralis is another far east project?! Is this guy even from this world As bro proper-t has pointed out, sounds like another sucker who is stucked with a lousy stack 2 at Aristo and now trying to off load by slamming other projects. What a joke.
    bay windows everywhere,no stowage space at all for all the units,limited parking space available,west sun for stack 2,3 n 4...
    i dunno...it doesnt appeal to me

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    bay windows everywhere,no stowage space at all for all the units,limited parking space available,west sun for stack 2,3 n 4...
    i dunno...it doesnt appeal to me
    Its not that bad dude. Its still better and more spacious than a studio unit at The Sail. Nice glass balcony is still better than a useless kitchen yard or household shelter Aristo does not have both latter.

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Sorry, typo not Coralis but The Shore.

Carry on smoking.......

I don't have any vested interest in The Aristo but am merely marketing several units there.

I appreciate your diagram of Silversea pasted onto the actual site but please bear in mind that its not accurate in measurement. I am convinced that Stack 1 will be blocked and its sea views are limited to the right side, meaning one has to turn his head to the right to see a little sea views. Bear in mind, the Aristo building is slanted to the left more towards SilverSea.

Stack 2 has the best view cause the Silversea building is on its left and it has both side and front sea views from bedroom and living room.

Stack 3, on the other hand, has reasonably good sea views from the master bedroom and bathroom. Your blue line is biased as units above 8 floor will be above the Chinese Swimming Club and so will have unblock views of the sea on the left.

As to whether afternoon or morning sun facing, I do believe its all a matter of preference. Some angmos love the sun and the sea. In addition, a unit is brightly lit if it has the sun as compared to a dark unit. In addition, the Aristo is made of almost entirely glass as compared to bricks, as such it will not be that hot as glass does not absorb heat compared to bricks.

Furthermore, how often do we get a full blown sun nowadays? For the past 1 month, the Singapore weather has been hazy and cloudy. I would say we now experience only 3 months of real hot weather in a year, 5 months of rainy season, and 4 months of cloudy, moderate or hazy climate.

Hmm.. You seems to be thinking that if developer lower their prices, it is a good buy? IMO, I think it erodes the value of the condo. First buyers must be slapping themselves because the value drop 50%. No thanks to developer slashing prices in the crisis. For me, I will still not buy because of a lack of value. Luxury cooking hood, fridge etc, how much can it costs?
    Dude you are certainly very inexperienced.

Let me give you just one example to state my point. Caribbean At Keppel Bay in 2003 was launched at $1,000 Psf and the developer sold 10% of the units. Then in 2004, SARS came so as the economic crisis, and developer stops selling. In 2005, developer soft launch again at $600 to 700 Psf onwards. Pickup was still slow even though price was dropped aggressively and it takes several years for Caribbean to be fully sold. Are you telling me the first owners at Caribbean are losing money now?

Go and check the transaction now owners selling at $1,400 to $1,500 psf on average for The Caribbean..

Since the truth is out now, how will you market projects with household shelter & kitchen yard? Sing a different tune?

I am sure the condo you buy have a household shelter and a useless kitchen yard.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @