Page 61 of 243 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aristo @ Amber (D15, FH)

you are right that a project may attract a certain type of tenants to rent but these tenants may not be interested to buy the units. but you left out a group of buyers who are keen to buy a property for rental income, with a guaranteed supply of that category of tenants.

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    No absolute certain way to conclude which is a better investment. A flat in the west may attract tenants from the universities, but they may not want to buy them, so there may not be a demand for people to own the unit when you want to sell it. A flat in the east may not attract high rental, but may appear more attractive to own than one in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    you are right that a project may attract a certain type of tenants to rent but these tenants may not be interested to buy the units. but you left out a group of buyers who are keen to buy a property for rental income, with a guaranteed supply of that category of tenants.
    True. But then there will also be a group of buyers keen to buy a property for potential capital appreciation even if that property does not have a high rental yield. Again, due to combination of different factors and hard to say for sure which is better. There are buyers for sure because the demand has pushed the prices up so much that they are at a historical high. Question is whether the interest is sustainable for both types of properties. Another factor is the holding power of the owners in these places. Someone actually paid cash for a unit at the estate that I bought a unit from so that throws the question of affordability out of the window. There are these people with spare cash snapping up properties without any need to obtain rental income so the prices hardly fluctuated during the economy downturn.

IF our holding powers weaken, it is also a sign that our govt is not capable in helping to sustain the economy. In that scenario, everyone is affected, whether you own a property with good or poor yield or if you have no property to begin with. Can SG afford to come to that state? That also means alot are at stake - the businesses at Marina Sands, the hotels, airline...etc. All will be affected.

True. But then there will also be a group of buyers keen to buy a property for potential capital appreciation even if that property does not have a high rental yield. Again, due to combination of different factors and hard to say for sure which is better. There are buyers for sure because the demand has pushed the prices up so much that they are at a historical high. Question is whether the interest is sustainable for both types of properties. Another factor is the holding power of the owners in these places. Someone actually paid cash for a unit at the estate that I bought a unit from so that throws the question of affordability out of the window. There are these people with spare cash snapping up properties without any need to obtain rental income so the prices hardly fluctuated during the economy downturn.

IF our holding powers weaken, it is also a sign that our govt is not capable in helping to sustain the economy. In that scenario, everyone is affected, whether you own a property with good or poor yield or if you have no property to begin with. Can SG afford to come to that state? That also means alot are at stake - the businesses at Marina Sands, the hotels, airline...etc. All will be affected.
    wow total analyse....

downturn all drop pants la

i look for rental yield properties coz i am still very young, next year being my year. I am collecting properties now so that i can rent them all out and enjoy a comfortable retirement twenty years later. i choose to park my money in properties to collect rental, like some who choose to park their money in stocks and shares. most people do not plonk all their money into one property unless that is the only property they will ever buy. It is best just to come out with 30%, and let the property work to pay the rest if we are talking about 2nd, 3rd or 4th property.

just make sure got enough in the bank to cover top ups and pay 10 years of mortgage won't drop pants lah

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    wow total analyse....

downturn all drop pants la