Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 271213141516171819202122273237 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aristo @ Amber (D15, FH)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

That client of mine at Bayshore has a bright unit and yet its not hot inside. I am truly amazed.
    fully enclosed, yet not hot. It's called turning on your air on 24x7!

Please don't think we are naive Mr Agent

You are right. Could the air-conditioner is operating when you are there as you may have seen the window shut. That is what agent will do before buyers come to view the place for units facing any direction.
    Nowadays facing the sun or not is not really a major issue. Have u heard of window film ? The latest technology 3m film is able to block 99% UV, 85% solar heat, and offers 80% visual clarity. I went to a client's place at bayshore which is facing the afternoon sun direct and yet I dont feel warm in the unit, and ask them whats the secret. They told me the new 3M film which did that. It cost a bit more than a normal UV film but it offers so much protection from the solar heat and yet gives visual clarity as if there is no film.

Its amazing how technology can offer solutions which we sometimes overlook.

That client of mine at Bayshore has a bright unit and yet its not hot inside. I am truly amazed.

Film can only reduce the solar heat la....surely inside will get hot one

I install the top grade solar film for my car which claim up to 80% solar heat rejection.....park under hot sun wif aircon off for just 10min will feel the heat liao

But i must say film does help to reduce but there is a limit

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Film can only reduce the solar heat la....surely inside will get hot one

I install the top grade solar film for my car which claim up to 80% solar heat rejection.....park under hot sun wif aircon off for just 10min will feel the heat liao

But i must say film does help to reduce but there is a limit
    Its not the same film for car and window (house). The latest product from 3M has the capability to reject 98% UV, 80% solar heat and yet ensures 80% clarity. The ones we use in car is probably only half as good.

But this solar film really has improved tremendously in technology. I am impressed by it. Would advise those owners whose house facing afteroon sun and have a full glass facade to install this film cause it really helps. But houses with small windows and more bricks/walls i am not sure if this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    You are right. Could the air-conditioner is operating when you are there as you may have seen the window shut. That is what agent will do before buyers come to view the place for units facing any direction.
    Of course when i go to my client house, i would know if their aircon is on or off. Unless I am really dumb n cant tell its on or cant feel the aircon was switched on before that.

The sensation of air from aircon and normal wind air are completely different.

Apart from 3M, there is a cheaper local film brand Asro which can also offer film protection from solar heat and it offers a wide choice from cheap to very expensive range of film. See below

http://www.asrointeriors.com/Films_Solar.htm

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    I am also truly amazed that you claimed Aristo has great seaview but cannot enjoy sea breeze...
    Huh since when I said that ? We are talking about window films and not sea breeze. I am confused now by your accusation. You seem to be slamming The Aristo for no reason now, and using me as a scapegoat.

I am not even talking about The Aristo. And if the owners there want to open their windows or not or want to install film or not, its none of my business. And the sun doesnt come up everyday some days are shady, gloomy and rainy.

And as to whether you think The Aristo is not worth yr investment, its your personal choice, as for me as an agent, I give my honest judgment.

With or without your positive evaluation, The Aristo is bound to appreciate in value once its TOP. That area Amber/Meyer/Marine Parade is targeted by Far East for a major sub-city rejuvenation. I know cause I have friends who work in senior positions in Far East. Far East is hoping to buy more old condos there for enbloc and potentially lift up that area to be a prime district 3rd only to Orchard and Marina Bay/City area.

And you will soon realise that the condos there wont be selling below $1,600psf in the near future including the old condos there. I can bet with u this one. Just wait for Far East project just across Parkway which will be launched soon early next year. You will just be shocked at the launch price psf. One clue I can give you is that it will be higher than The Cape launch price by 25%.

The East Coast area particularly the Amber/Meyer stretch will be converted to a prime district within D15 and this will be further supported with the announcement on mrt station next year, the Coastal Marina Expressway completion next year, and the potential investment in Marina East.

Huh since when I said that ? We are talking about window films and not sea breeze. I am confused now by your accusation. You seem to be slamming The Aristo for no reason now, and using me as a scapegoat.

I am not even talking about The Aristo. And if the owners there want to open their windows or not or want to install film or not, its none of my business. And the sun doesnt come up everyday some days are shady, gloomy and rainy.

And as to whether you think The Aristo is not worth yr investment, its your personal choice, as for me as an agent, I give my honest judgment.

With or without your positive evaluation, The Aristo is bound to appreciate in value once its TOP. That area Amber/Meyer/Marine Parade is targeted by Far East for a major sub-city rejuvenation. I know cause I have friends who work in senior positions in Far East. Far East is hoping to buy more old condos there for enbloc and potentially lift up that area to be a prime district 3rd only to Orchard and Marina Bay/City area.

And you will soon realise that the condos there wont be selling below $1,600psf in the near future including the old condos there. I can bet with u this one. Just wait for Far East project just across Parkway which will be launched soon early next year. You will just be shocked at the launch price psf. One clue I can give you is that it will be higher than The Cape launch price by 25%.

The East Coast area particularly the Amber/Meyer stretch will be converted to a prime district within D15 and this will be further supported with the announcement on mrt station next year, the Coastal Marina Expressway completion next year, and the potential investment in Marina East.
    What is the potential investment in Marina East?
    Parkway is a lovely place, but alas no mrt there! a bit inconvenient to get there.

Commercial building would have used this kind of 3M film and not use the more expensive double-glazed low-emissivity glass. The film can cut down but will still be warm inside the house with internal heat load. Ask your clients to change to low-E double glazed to keep out heat and even noise more effectively.
    Of course when i go to my client house, i would know if their aircon is on or off. Unless I am really dumb n cant tell its on or cant feel the aircon was switched on before that.

The sensation of air from aircon and normal wind air are completely different.

Apart from 3M, there is a cheaper local film brand Asro which can also offer film protection from solar heat and it offers a wide choice from cheap to very expensive range of film. See below

http://www.asrointeriors.com/Films_Solar.htm

Shawn, I am confused.

So with the window film, is it cooler to open the window or close all the window?
    no ac should be on. were the fans on during that visit?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Shawn, I am confused.

So with the window film, is it cooler to open the window or close all the window?
    no ac should be on. were the fans on during that visit?
    if need to block out the heat from the west sun,definitely have to shut the windows for the expensive 3m films to work n of coz at the same time blocking the sea breeze as well...
    u cant have it all!

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    if need to block out the heat from the west sun,definitely have to shut the windows for the expensive 3m films to work n of coz at the same time blocking the sea breeze as well...
    u cant have it all!
    There is no way to escape the west sun except to install different blinds/curtains and put screens and plants in the house. BUT, developers will still launch such units because I think many expats love sun-tanning! So sometimes having the west sun may draw them to rent/buy the place? It is only the asians who don't like this.

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    There is no way to escape the west sun except to install different blinds/curtains and put screens and plants in the house. BUT, developers will still launch such units because I think many expats love sun-tanning! So sometimes having the west sun may draw them to rent/buy the place? It is only the asians who don't like this.
    Ang mor also dun like sun to shine right into their hse la
    They r not so stupid lor....they noe here is not europe!

They go to pool area to suntan

u cant have it all!
    You can still open 1 or 2 windows and close the rest right? Just open those windows thats not facing the sun is a good idea. You can still enjoy the seabreeze.

In addition, not everyday is a sunny day. Maybe 40% of the time is sunny, 40% is gloomy and 20% is rainy. So u still have 60% to enjoy the seabreeze full blast. And in the morning you can still open the windows too.

Another option is to install retractable awning if your balcony is large. I saw some units installing them it looks kool and trendy.

Afternoon sun is really no big deal...i met so many clients and nowadays the external view (seaview or landscape view) is more important than the sun.

Cool

You can still open 1 or 2 windows and close the rest right? Just open those windows thats not facing the sun is a good idea. You can still enjoy the seabreeze.

In addition, not everyday is a sunny day. Maybe 40% of the time is sunny, 40% is gloomy and 20% is rainy. So u still have 60% to enjoy the seabreeze full blast. And in the morning you can still open the windows too.

Another option is to install retractable awning if your balcony is large. I saw some units installing them it looks kool and trendy.

Afternoon sun is really no big deal...i met so many clients and nowadays the external view (seaview or landscape view) is more important than the sun.
    sorry,i choose to disagree with all being said above...
    most of our days in singapore are hot,humid n sunny except dec n jan...
    its more like 65% sunny,20% gloomy n 15% rainy.

if your unit is facing the west,u will feel the unbearable heat in your house even at night..
    afternoon sun is really a big deal,most buyers like myself will shun it.
    having cooling comfort in your house certainly overides any landscape or seaview.

its best to avoid west facing units if u have your choice..more so especially those in Aristo ..

sorry,i choose to disagree with all being said above...
    most of our days in singapore are hot,humid n sunny except dec n jan...
    its more like 65% sunny,20% gloomy n 15% rainy.

if your unit is facing the west,u will feel the unbearable heat in your house even at night..
    afternoon sun is really a big deal,most buyers like myself will shun it.
    having cooling comfort in your house certainly overides any landscape or seaview.

its best to avoid west facing units if u have your choice..more so especially those in Aristo ..
    when the weather in singapore was less erratic, we probably had 65% of the time as sunny. but due to the erratic patterns, it's probably 50% of the time nowadays. you get heavy torrential rain in the middle of the year. almost as if the typhoon season up north has affected our weather patterns here.

stupid question, but if stay in the east, and want to have to Sands view etc, won't the house have to face west?

so better to stay in the west, the house facing east for Sands view?

stupid question, but if stay in the east, and want to have to Sands view etc, won't the house have to face west?

You're probably likely to have a lot of cranes in your view.

stay east coastal area shd go for seaview wat

only those further in hf to go for cityview/sands

Nope. Dakota is facing Sands but is not facing east. It depends on the orientation of the block.

This is taken from my balcony.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Nope. Dakota is facing Sands but is not facing east. It depends on the orientation of the block.

you stay in tanjong rhu?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    you stay in tanjong rhu?
    Dakota res....he sitting on some 250-300psf gain liao

Quote Originally Posted by focus

Looks like a unit at The Riverine or at Dakota. I almost wanna invest in Riverine but I hate being too close to Geylang area and the notorious Kallang park where foreigners gang fights are plentiful. So i dropped the idea and end up investing in Orchard area instead few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    when the weather in singapore was less erratic, we probably had 65% of the time as sunny. but due to the erratic patterns, it's probably 50% of the time nowadays. you get heavy torrential rain in the middle of the year. almost as if the typhoon season up north has affected our weather patterns here.
    Yes i agree with you. I already start missing the sun now cause the past few days have been gloomy and rainy. Since when we have 65% hot weather. I felt like its 50:50 now.

Yes i agree with you. I already start missing the sun now cause the past few days have been gloomy and rainy. Since when we have 65% hot weather. I felt like its 50:50 now.
    feb-aug: alot more sunny days

Looks like a unit at The Riverine or at Dakota. I almost wanna invest in Riverine but I hate being too close to Geylang area and the notorious Kallang park where foreigners gang fights are plentiful. So i dropped the idea and end up investing in Orchard area instead few years back.
    riverine is simply way way overpriced during launch and the view is just temp

Cool

50-50? u must be joking! most of our days are hot,humid n sunny..
    are u saying in a month on average we get 15 days dry n 15 wet days?
    we do get heavy thunderstorm now n than but majority of our days we are sweating like mad..

May be he always stays indoor in showflats with tinted glass. It seems to be always cloudy.
    we do get heavy thunderstorm now n than but majority of our days we are sweating like mad..

Haha did u monitor the past 1 week weather ? It has been gloomy and rainy lately...i missed the sun already n doesnt seem to be able to catch my afternoon swim.

What are you trying to prove with 1 week of data?

Haha did u monitor the past 1 week weather ? It has been gloomy and rainy lately...i missed the sun already n doesnt seem to be able to catch my afternoon swim.

Cool

so intelligent of u to use 1 week's data.
    may i know which property firm do u represent as an agent?
    i'l make it a point to avoid using anyone from there..
    too bad u have tarnished the reputation of your property firm by all your silly analysis.

i am sure u should know by now how "well liked" n "popular" u are here.