Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 61116171819202122232425263136 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aristo @ Amber (D15, FH)

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    something is wrong with the developer of aristo..
    until now its only like halfway through with the construction despite being launched in 2008..
    so many other projects launched later have been completed with owners n tenants staying in already.
    aristo is just a lone single tower of 56 units only.
    Come back later in June and see the progress. Developer targets TOP by 3rd quarter this year. They have done up the 4th floor onwards and left the lower floors last as they need to do the conserve building touch up which will take roughly 6 months from now. The reason is you cant see cause its covered.

There is nothing wrong with this developer. It is known for quality workmanship in its other projects. I am impressed with its new project at The Verve near Jalan Rajah which is about to TOP. The Aristo project is its signature prestigious project and I am not surprised if they take longer time to complete it and gives a further finishing touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Come back later in June and see the progress. Developer targets TOP by 3rd quarter this year. They have done up the 4th floor onwards and left the lower floors last as they need to do the conserve building touch up which will take roughly 6 months from now. The reason is you cant see cause its covered.

There is nothing wrong with this developer. It is known for quality workmanship in its other projects. I am impressed with its new project at The Verve near Jalan Rajah which is about to TOP. The Aristo project is its signature prestigious project and I am not surprised if they take longer time to complete it and gives a further finishing touch.
    i dont think so...this project is definitely taking longer than expected although the black n white is stated its gona t.o.p somewhere in 2013.
    only a lone single tower of 56 units launched in 2008 n its still halfway through in construction now.. come to think of it,its coming to 4 yrs already..
    similar projects like this will take about 1.5 yrs for other developers to complete..

Good news to all Aristo owners. I have just closed a 807 sq.ft unit for $1,260,000 i.e. approximately $1560 psf. This unit is above 10th floor but below 13. In addition, another agent has also closed a 646 sq.ft low floor last month for $1480 psf.

Another unit 807 sq.ft above 14th floor a foreign buyer offered $1.3 million but owner rejected as he is looking at $1670 psf roughly around $1.35 million and negotiation is still ongoing.

So, all those sourgrapes here can probably see Aristo crossing $1600psf soon when its closer to TOP. My bet is the lousy units (614 sq.ft) will see average psf starting from $1500psf - 1650 psf, whereas the good seaview units (646, 711, 807 sq.ft) will see average psf starting from $1600psf - 2000psf depending on floor level. Apparently those units at 15th floor and above can ask for the sky.

This is achievable as similar developments like Suites @ Amber, which is even older and less prestigious are already transacting at $1550psf, so as the new development 16 @ Amber which is smaller development with little seaview transacting at average $1600-1800psf.

Aristo can call higher just by looking at its strategic location making it an icon of the whole of Amber Road against the backdrop of the newly refurbished and beautiful Chinese Swimming Club which will be completed in Sep 2012. It is not located too close to other residential buildings if u compared with other developments as its beside the beautiful swimming club and a low profile Indian community/meditation club.

Before long, the government will announce the commencement of a new Eastern Regional MRT Line with Amber being one of the main station. So do u think price will drop ??? Amber is expensive not because of speculators but because of its prime location which has been traditionally known by real estate developers as well as owners alike.

With the completion of the new Marina East Coastal Expressway next year, new mrt line announcement, and the myriad of shopping malls around this area make Amber/Meyer a much desirable place to live, second to none.

Next Far East and a foreign developer will announce the launch of 3 new developments near Amber (old Amber Tower, old bungalow opposite Parkway, and Amberglades) sometime this year or next year. They bought these sites at above $1400psf so to breakeven they need to sell above $1800psf. These sites are not prime sites and dont really offer a good seaview compared to Aristo existing site. But the location calls a price. Like it or not its a reality.
    dont be misled here..seaview is only pocket seaview which is stack 2 looking towards the right side..there's no panoramic seaview here.
    stack 1 is mainly blocked by silversea in front..
    the other 2 stacks which is 3 n 4 is facing NW looking towards amber residences n esta..
    u judge yourself..

all condos in amber very very congested and cluttered. seaview... well if you turn your head right or left sure see neighbouring projects. aalto is way better in terms of view I guess. ultimate in terms of view needless to say will still be silver sea.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    all condos in amber very very congested and cluttered. seaview... well if you turn your head right or left sure see neighbouring projects. aalto is way better in terms of view I guess. ultimate in terms of view needless to say will still be silver sea.
    Amberpoint would be another one with great view. And it's freehold

dont be misled here..seaview is only pocket seaview which is stack 2 looking towards the right side..there's no panoramic seaview here.
    stack 1 is mainly blocked by silversea in front..
    the other 2 stacks which is 3 n 4 is facing NW looking towards amber residences n esta..
    u judge yourself..
    Actually the view should be pretty ok. I was scouting around the area and was taking a few pics of the various devpts. If you look at this pic. The left side of Aristo just clears the rightmost block of Silversea so it will probably have at least 70 to 90deg angle of unobstructed views of the sea from the playground all the way to barrage.

Did you see there is a large empty plot of land between silversea and aristo?
    Quote Originally Posted by equalizer
    Actually the view should be pretty ok. I was scouting around the area and was taking a few pics of the various devpts. If you look at this pic. The left side of Aristo just clears the rightmost block of Silversea so it will probably have at least 70 to 90deg angle of unobstructed views of the sea from the playground all the way to barrage.

there's no panoramic seaview here..seaview will only be limited to 1 side only which is on the right..
    but that also might not last long cos the empty plot of land in front would not be left empty in the near future..

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Heard that it is slated for low rise/underground devpts linked to MRT. Was told that a certain property conglomerate tried to buy that plot to amalgamate with their devpt but was turned down. They had to settle for another plot instead (no prizes for guessing who) but still went ahead with the inferior plot because they have also heard rumours on the ground about some exciting devpts due to sprout up around that vicinity. Note that the owner of that state land plot in front of Aristo/Cape is HDB and not URA.

Not that I am trying to defend Aristo but don't think it will be impacted that much. Even if I am wrong and a residential block crops up, the developer will try to angle his building at an oblique way (see how Amber residences is angled) to try to capture the max seaview so its unlikely that Aristo will be impacted. Think the cape will bear the full brunt of that block if it ever comes up.

there's no panoramic seaview here..seaview will only be limited to 1 side only which is on the right..
    but that also might not last long cos the empty plot of land in front would not be left empty in the near future..
    As above, it will not be a stupendous view but imho will definitely be better than the Seaview which will be crowded out by Cote d'Azure, Silversea, the Cape and Aristo.

I have no great love for the Aristo project as I think the layout is not that great (altho' I have frankly seen worse) but am just trying to be un-bias in my observation
    Last edited by equalizer; 06-02-12 at 16:09.

I was actually looking at quite a few apts around that area and have come up with the following observations:

1. Silversea (Great views & facilities but really ex and 99yr leasehold and probably loads of traffic noise)
    2. The Seaview - Nice environment and facilities, FH but no views or only pockets of seaview, rooms are kinda small
    3. Cote D'Azur, nice view & facilities but 99yrs LH and layout not that ideal. Large balconies too.
    4. The amber stretch (The Cape, Aristo, seaview pt, 11 amber to Amber pt).
    Cape - no view but great finishes
    Aristo - layout not good but with some seaview
    11 Amber, great view but layout v funny with large balconies, small rooms and funny carpark.
    Seaview pt and Amber pt are FH and have good views (prefer the seaview pt view over Amber pt as the flyover kinda spoils the view for Amber pt). Both however are looking their age and seem quite tired.

There are two old devtps there which are never on sale as its probly due to enbloc.

NOTE :There is also a huge plot of state land in front of the Amber stretch from Amber Pt all the way to Seaview Pt.

Have not considered or look at any of the other apts on the other side of Amber as it is unlikely that they will enjoy any significant seaview.

Will be widening my search to Meyer next but prices go up significantly (Aalto !!!)

Heard that it is slated for low rise/underground devpts linked to MRT. Was told that a certain property conglomerate tried to buy that plot to amalgamate with their devpt but was turned down. They had to settle for another plot instead (no prizes for guessing who) but still went ahead with the inferior plot because they have also heard rumours on the ground about some exciting devpts due to sprout up around that vicinity. Note that the owner of that state land plot in front of Aristo/Cape is HDB and not URA.

Not that I am trying to defend Aristo but don't think it will be impacted that much. Even if I am wrong and a residential block crops up, the developer will try to angle his building at an oblique way (see how Amber residences is angled) to try to capture the max seaview so its unlikely that Aristo will be impacted. Think the cape will bear the full brunt of that block if it ever comes up.

As above, it will not be a stupendous view but imho will definitely be better than the Seaview which will be crowded out by Cote d'Azure, Silversea, the Cape and Aristo.

I have no great love for the Aristo project as I think the layout is not that great (altho' I have frankly seen worse) but am just trying to be un-bias in my observation
    it might even be the mrt track built above ground running across it...nobody knows!
    whatever all being said or u heard are all rumours,there's no truth in it yet!
    it could also be a high rise development there in the near future..
    whether hdb,lta,pub or era owns the piece of land does not make a difference cos it goes back to the same a/c at the end of the day..

NOTE :There is also a huge plot of state land in front of the Amber stretch from Amber Pt all the way to Seaview Pt.

Have not considered or look at any of the other apts on the other side of Amber as it is unlikely that they will enjoy any significant seaview.

Will be widening my search to Meyer next but prices go up significantly (Aalto !!!)
    There are hearsays that almost the entire stretch of East Coast Parkway will be reclaimed. This is either to increase Singapore land size or to prevent the entire East Coast Parkway from sinking due to raising sea level. Any sea views that we may be enjoying now will be gone in the years to come.

Sourgrapes always have things to comment about as usual but as I mentioned The Aristo has already crossed $1550psf in its latest transaction for the 807 sq.ft unit. The last shown on URA caveat is for the 646 sq.ft (Stack 3) unit low floor which has been transacted at $1480psf. Please check if you dont believe me.

Judging by the usual trend prior to TOP, The Aristo should have another appreciation of 20-30% from its highest psf prior to TOP. If we take $1500psf as the average last, this would translate to an estimated $1800-$2000psf on average after 6-12 months TOP date. This is not surprising as The Aristo is located on the best site in that Amber Road stretch. Its situated just across and beside the newly refurbished Chinese Swimming Club as well as a small meditational temple which are both low floors. As such, The Aristo becomes an iconic building in the whole stretch of Amber Road due to its relatively larger space between buildings and its strategic location.

Between Silversea and The Aristo, there will be the construction of a new road cutting into both. Silversea will have a back exit/entrance, so as The Cape and The Aristo. The new road itself will take up quite a bit of space and its highly unlikely there will be any new development stacked between these 2 buildings. Very highly likely is a park, an empty garden stretch or a possible entrance to a new mrt line, or a carpark for visitors as most new condos here dont have enough parking space. Even if there were to be a new condo, it wouldnt affect the seaview for Stack 2 and 3 at The Aristo, except for Stack 1 and 4.

If that plot of land has been empty for more than 50 years since the old HUDC apartment there, what in the world are u hallucinating about ?? A new HDB block or condo stacked in the middle of nowhere?? Anyway, price of new condos are expensive in Amber not because of seaview but the good location near to beach and other ameneties (shopping, schools etc).

And with regards to The Aristo seaview, I have managed to go up personally to the club floor on the 14th storey, and I know what I am talking about. Stack 2 and 3 have the best views as the sea stretches from the old Bigsplash to Fort Road, and its quite a generous seaview. In addition, these stacks also have good city views from a small angle. Needless to say, if your unit is above the club house floor, the view will be spectacular. You cannot compare The Aristo seaview with The Seaview, The Cape, One Amber, The Esta, Amber Residences, Suites @ Amber, 16 @ Amber seaviews cause The Aristo seaview is much much better. But The Aristo seaview is definitely not as good as Silversea or The Aalto, but its good enough to generate buyer interest.

i dont think so...this project is definitely taking longer than expected although the black n white is stated its gona t.o.p somewhere in 2013.
    only a lone single tower of 56 units launched in 2008 n its still halfway through in construction now.. come to think of it,its coming to 4 yrs already..
    similar projects like this will take about 1.5 yrs for other developers to complete..
    Haha good job u seem to be monitoring this development very closely. I am glad to know this. If you interested to buy any unit in The Aristo please let me know here I will be glad to assist u.

Just to correct u. The construction of The Aristo started officially only in late 2009. The showflat was open for almost a year in late 2008 to late 2009. The reason for the slight delay in completion is due to the longer time needed to build the foundation, as The Aristo is located very near to the sea, and its used to be a beach front area if u remembered how close the old Chinese Swimming Club were to the beach. In addition, much time need to be allocated towards the conservation of the old house in front of The Aristo while the foundation work is taking place. Its not as easy as u think.

In addition, this developer is known for quality workmanship. I went to see 2 of its newly built developments and I can say I am impressed. As this developer seems to offer much better quality and workmanship compared to bigger developers in Singapore. As such, obviously it will take longer to complete.

All i can say time will tell if I telling the truth. Lets keep in touch here after June.

Smile

Whatever u smoking about, the reality is clear that that location is expensive and u cannot change that. Perhaps you should ask those buyers of Meyerise who bought units facing the city or low floors why are they paying $1700psf on average for a ZERO sea view ????

And dont forget that there will be 2 new launches in the Amber Road area alone, all 2 are freehold locations with seaview not as good as The Aristo. Far East and a Chinese JV developer bought them (Amber Tower & Amberglade) enbloc at an average of $1400psf and to breakeven they need to sell above $1750psf. So i can easily assume a target $1900-2000psf price to make a small profit.

Do u smell something fishy here?? Why are they paying high price for this location? Is there an interesting development coming up nearby ?? Hahah for u to find out yrself.

Why sourgrape? Bought a subsale in 2008 instead of aristo. It has completed & appreciated by more than 70% with a rental yield of 6%.
    Sourgrapes always have things to comment about as usual but as I mentione& apreciated by more than 70%. Now enjoying 6% rental yield. aristo is still not completed & price has gone down when i saw it then.d The Aristo has already crossed $1550psf in its latest transaction for the 807 sq.ft unit. The last shown on URA caveat is for the 646 sq.ft (Stack 3) unit low floor which has been transacted at $1480psf. Please check if you dont believe me.

Judging by the usual trend prior to TOP, The Aristo should have another appreciation of 20-30% from its highest psf prior to TOP. If we take $1500psf as the average last, this would translate to an estimated $1800-$2000psf on average after 6-12 months TOP date. This is not surprising as The Aristo is located on the best site in that Amber Road stretch. Its situated just across and beside the newly refurbished Chinese Swimming Club as well as a small meditational temple which are both low floors. As such, The Aristo becomes an iconic building in the whole stretch of Amber Road due to its relatively larger space between buildings and its strategic location.

Between Silversea and The Aristo, there will be the construction of a new road cutting into both. Silversea will have a back exit/entrance, so as The Cape and The Aristo. The new road itself will take up quite a bit of space and its highly unlikely there will be any new development stacked between these 2 buildings. Very highly likely is a park, an empty garden stretch or a possible entrance to a new mrt line, or a carpark for visitors as most new condos here dont have enough parking space. Even if there were to be a new condo, it wouldnt affect the seaview for Stack 2 and 3 at The Aristo, except for Stack 1 and 4.

If that plot of land has been empty for more than 50 years since the old HUDC apartment there, what in the world are u hallucinating about ?? A new HDB block or condo stacked in the middle of nowhere?? Anyway, price of new condos are expensive in Amber not because of seaview but the good location near to beach and other ameneties (shopping, schools etc).

And with regards to The Aristo seaview, I have managed to go up personally to the club floor on the 14th storey, and I know what I am talking about. Stack 2 and 3 have the best views as the sea stretches from the old Bigsplash to Fort Road, and its quite a generous seaview. In addition, these stacks also have good city views from a small angle. Needless to say, if your unit is above the club house floor, the view will be spectacular. You cannot compare The Aristo seaview with The Seaview, The Cape, One Amber, The Esta, Amber Residences, Suites @ Amber, 16 @ Amber seaviews cause The Aristo seaview is much much better. But The Aristo seaview is definitely not as good as Silversea or The Aalto, but its good enough to generate buyer interest.

Why sourgrape? Bought a subsale in 2008 instead of aristo. It has completed & appreciated by more than 70% with a rental yield of 6%.
    Aristo first owners who bought during the launch will see a 100% capital appreciation and a rental income of almost 8% when this project TOP in the 3rd quarter this year. So you lose out for not buying hahaha

Are you going to give a money-back guarantee if this does not happen. I was quoted $1700psf during the preview. 100% percentage capital repayment means $3400psf. Are you ok?
    Aristo first owners who bought during the launch will see a 100% capital appreciation and a rental income of almost 8% when this project TOP in the 3rd quarter this year. So you lose out for not buying hahaha

Whatever u smoking about, the reality is clear that that location is expensive and u cannot change that. Perhaps you should ask those buyers of Meyerise who bought units facing the city or low floors why are they paying $1700psf on average for a ZERO sea view ????

And dont forget that there will be 2 new launches in the Amber Road area alone, all 2 are freehold locations with seaview not as good as The Aristo. Far East and a Chinese JV developer bought them (Amber Tower & Amberglade) enbloc at an average of $1400psf and to breakeven they need to sell above $1750psf. So i can easily assume a target $1900-2000psf price to make a small profit.

Do u smell something fishy here?? Why are they paying high price for this location? Is there an interesting development coming up nearby ?? Hahah for u to find out yrself.
    looks like the whole discussion is repeating itself over n over again..
    i am firm on my stance on aristo! the location is good but the project itself sucks big time imo cos of very poor layout n living space..balconies n bay windows taking up large chunks of your living area..not sure about the partial sea view though cos there's empty plot of land right in front..
    Last edited by fiat500; 20-02-12 at 13:36.

V slow projt ....cant fight with verte.
    By the time it top, bank lock in 3yr also over ....

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    V slow projt ....cant fight with verte.
    By the time it top, bank lock in 3yr also over ....
    Mezzo launched later than Aristo n now it's already t.o.p.

Still constructing?

After reading your last paragraph,i almost wana puke..
    u can kiss goodbye to yr aristo even hitting 1300psf the next few years ..
    $1300 psf for Aristo ?? Do yr homework it has already hit $1550psf recently just waiting to get listed on URA. The last listed transaction was for a low floor at $1480 psf. Most owners are asking all above $1500psf with some up to $2000psf. There are lots of enquiries and offers around $1500-1520psf but owners for the high floors rejected these offers, otherwise my job to sell would be easier.

Btw, are u the guy who complained about afternoon sun for Aristo ?? I am just wondering where did the sun go for the past few weeks ? Seem like it has been raining all the while since September. So for now, afternoon or morning sun facing doesnt really matter anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    There are hearsays that almost the entire stretch of East Coast Parkway will be reclaimed. This is either to increase Singapore land size or to prevent the entire East Coast Parkway from sinking due to raising sea level. Any sea views that we may be enjoying now will be gone in the years to come.
    Well what u said is completely untrue. This is because the government has just closed the old McDonald's and East Coast Leisure Park area for refurbishment. They plan to open up an even bigger entertainment area there to cater to Singaporeans.

What I know is that there is a massive plan to rejuvenate the East Coast with new chalets, and a proposed new beach along Fort Road. If you refer to URA site the government has already broken up the land around Fort Road and Marina East into smaller sites for tender and redevelopment. One major contact I had even mentioned that the government planned to open tender for a 3rd IR around the Marina East area (Fort Road) which is the last land parcel located in front of the beach (sea). So get ready, prime District 15 from Marine Parade end to Meyer Road will be the next up and coming area.

Otherwise, how do you explain the billion dollar in investments on the Marina Coastal Expressway which should be completed in 2013 ?? Obviously new and more interesting developments coming yr way.

Well what u said is completely untrue. This is because the government has just closed the old McDonald's and East Coast Leisure Park area for refurbishment. They plan to open up an even bigger entertainment area there to cater to Singaporeans.

What I know is that there is a massive plan to rejuvenate the East Coast with new chalets, and a proposed new beach along Fort Road. If you refer to URA site the government has already broken up the land around Fort Road and Marina East into smaller sites for tender and redevelopment. One major contact I had even mentioned that the government planned to open tender for a 3rd IR around the Marina East area (Fort Road) which is the last land parcel located in front of the beach (sea). So get ready, prime District 15 from Marine Parade end to Meyer Road will be the next up and coming area.

Otherwise, how do you explain the billion dollar in investments on the Marina Coastal Expressway which should be completed in 2013 ?? Obviously new and more interesting developments coming yr way.
    This is hearsay was from people who were closely working at ground level. It could be true or just at the drawing board stage. This government is always planning 30 to 50 years ahead. I have heard many times at ground level that raising sea level is a real concern and thus the need to raise or extend the coastal areas. East Coast being densely populated is a real concern. Remember, the sea was just next to The Seaview many many years ago?

second tat

hold tight tight if u got ppty ard it

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    This is hearsay was from people who were closely working at ground level. It could be true or just at the drawing board stage. This government is always planning 30 to 50 years ahead. I have heard many times at ground level that raising sea level is a real concern and thus the need to raise or extend the coastal areas. East Coast being densely populated is a real concern. Remember, the sea was just next to The Seaview many many years ago?
    wif regards to global warming issues and ever rising sea level.....the only way is to build DAM surround the whole SG!

nxt nxt generation might just witness it happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do u guys realise our temperature increase quite a fair bit over the last decade.....NO JOKE!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    wif regards to global warming issues and ever rising sea level.....the only way is to build DAM surround the whole SG!

nxt nxt generation might just witness it happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do u guys realise our temperature increase quite a fair bit over the last decade.....NO JOKE!
    HAha build dam around entire SG will bring floods to neighboring countries

Quote Originally Posted by price
    HAha build dam around entire SG will bring floods to neighboring countries
    did u read the report on thailand/philippines? smthing like 30-50% of their land will be submerged by water by next century.....or isit 50yrs.....scary rite

i wonder how long can our mother earth withstand? when is the end of the world?

oh ya, realised sentosa will be gone first ......those expensive sentosa coastal homes.....LOL

Its ok la, 50 years later we're halfway out of this earth already... hopefully to better living standard....