Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 71217222732333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1216

Thread: The Aristo @ Amber (D15, FH)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Btw Ringo still waiting for your answer to this. Please dont ignore my question thanx. Bye Bye
    You really caught me off guard on this one. not too long ago, you were saying we should trust you as you are the geography expert. And now you are asking me why the land use plan map doesnt show you the direction from A to B?

Dude, this is a land use plan for 2030 and beyond, not your street map. Why are you asking such dumb question?

When I show you the map, did you even bother to READ?

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    You really caught me off guard on this one. not too long ago, you were saying we should trust you as you are the geography expert. And now you are asking me why the land use plan map doesnt show you the direction from A to B?

Dude, this is a land use plan for 2030 and beyond, not your street map. Why are you asking such dumb question?

quoting directly from your own map:

"WE WILL REFINE THESE PLANS AS OUR POPULATION NEEDS AND LAND USE REQUIREMENTS EVOLVE"

Hello? Not cast in stone, get it??

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157 View Post
    quoting directly from your own map:

"WE WILL REFINE THESE PLANS AS OUR POPULATION NEEDS AND LAND USE REQUIREMENTS EVOLVE"

Hello? Not cast in stone, get it??

So by reading this cut out section of the map and you are going to tell us you have better understanding of the land use plan?

Like I said before, there is purpose for my signature, I hope you will make it a point to read it before replying to my post.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

So by reading this cut out section of the map and you are going to tell us you have better understanding of the land use plan?

Like I said before, there is purpose for my signature, I hope you will make it a point to read it before replying to my post.
    i don't and never claimed to know better than what the planners in URA have in mind, but you are conjuring up arguments, based on a virtual reality, and putting forth nonsense as if what is planned is coming to past for sure.

i just interpret what the article stated - no more, no less

Well that goes to show this Ringo is unable to answer the inaccuracy/distortion in the map. Instead of saying that the map is not accurate or representative of the current plans for Singapore, he goes to blame it on the footnotes. Idiotic guy - he seems to deny the fact that this map is just a plan and not even enforced...anyone can redraw a map and say they will build this and that. But to build something that needs $30-40 billion in public money needs approval before Parliament for sure hahaha.

I think perhaps your Jurong Lake should be reclaimed first before can even consider east coast being reclaimed. That will be a cheaper exercise for sure.

Even as the debate continues over the 6.9 million figure in the population White Paper, veteran architect Tay Kheng Soon said at an industry lecture last night that Singapore can accommodate a population increase of up to two million.

All two million would be housed on a 2,187ha swathe of land along the southern coastline, stretching from Pandan Reservoir in the west to the East Coast Park beach.

Land where the Keppel and Marina Bay golf courses are currently sited would make way for housing, as would the port area once container port functions are consolidated in Tuas in the long term.

Space around the Gardens by the Bay would cater to the super-rich, with homes built on the sea to entice those keen on waterfront living. Some parts of the south would also be for schools, offices and factories.

And while this might mean Singapore loses its biggest beach, he said all other areas, including green and heritage spaces, need not be "disturbed".

Mr Tay's "southern intensification" proposal comes two weeks after an intense parliamentary debate over the population White Paper that projects Singapore's population rising by 1.6 million by 2030.

"What I hear is a lot of grumbling (about the White Paper), so let us as a profession contribute," said the former president of the Singapore Institute of Architects who is known for his outspoken and at times radical views.

The 73-year-old said his ideas came about before the policy document was unveiled, and were several years in the making. "I've been wanting to know the density limit for Singapore."

Unlike the Government Land Use Plan which also proposes reclaiming more land and consolidating military activities onto Tekong Island, his proposal focuses on the single large strip of land, building more densely on it.

Based on an assumption of 50 sq m of floor area per person that is comparable to a region in Virginia on the East Coast of the United States, a gross plot ratio of 4.5 can accommodate 1.968 million, he said. If this ratio is lowered to 4, then about 1.75 million people can be housed in the south.

Gross plot ratio is a measure of the density of building units in a given space. He said that the highest ratio here currently is 3.24, in Punggol.

Meanwhile, he proposed restructuring estates in other parts of Singapore, by having a central corridor in each. Schools, businesses and other amenities would be located along it, to build social cohesion and bonding.

The lecture drew a crowd of about 100 guests, including vice-president of the Economic Society of Singapore Yeoh Lam Keong.

Despite the seemingly controversial nature of the southern intensification plan, no one raised questions about it during a question-and-answer session after the lecture, at the Singapore Institute of Architects' premises in Tanjong Pagar.

Mr Yeoh, who has been following the population White Paper debate, told The Straits Times later: "Physically you might be able to squeeze in another two million... but it doesn't fully measure or avoid the negative impact on social well-being from increase in income and wealth inequality and overcrowding in common facilities."

Responding, Mr Tay said: "That's why I proposed not intensifying land use in other parts of Singapore, so that we can build social cohesion there. It will be like New York in the south of the country, and Bali in the north."

As I mentioned this project should TOP end Sep or mid October. The last TOP deadline is December 2013. This project takes longer time because of the conservation house in front which slows construction altogether, as well as the approval process for TOP.

Btw they have already prepared the keys to be given out to owners. Its all a matter of time. Just be patient. Now cleaning of every unit going on - repainting, marble polishing etc....If you want to know the very detail. At least this developer is responsible and not rushing to give unit in bad condition like some.
    Plan Reference No: A1694-00045-2006-BP01
    Project Title: PROPOSED ERECTION OF 1 BLOCK OF 18-STOREY RESIDENTIAL FLATS (TOTAL 54 UNITS) WITH A BLOCK OF EXISTING CONSERVATION HOUSE (TOTAL 2 UNITS) AND BASEMENT MECHANICAL CAR PARKS, SWIMMING POOL AND COMMUNAL FACILITIES ON LOT 99777A MK 25 AT NO.23 AMBER ROAD
    Application Type: BCA-TOP-APPLN
    Current Status: PROCESSING
    Current Status Date / Time: 26/09/2013 17:45:35
    Registration Date / Time: 26/09/2013 17:02:49
    Processing Officer: SINN KIT SENG
    Telephone No.: 63258668
    Email Address: [email protected]

Even Coralis has T.O.P....
    Keys collection have already started.

Don't worry, they will leave it last min. Those early buyers confirm tui until die. Pay so much yet wait so long. Even if they sell now at 2k psf, barely breakeven.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500 View Post
    Even Coralis has T.O.P....
    Keys collection have already started.

I was almost of them but change my mind after looking at the layout in 2008. Purchase another place at similar stage. It has already been completed and collecting rental yield of more than 6% for a few years and capital gain of almost double.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    Don't worry, they will leave it last min. Those early buyers confirm tui until die. Pay so much yet wait so long. Even if they sell now at 2k psf, barely breakeven.

In fact, during the time that Aristo was launched, you can buy any project and still make more money. Like Esta, One Amber or even Clift, Icon etc. All these are already collecting rental for few years. Easily 100k of rental. Wait till this project TOP. I would like to see how much it can be rented out for.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    I was almost of them but change my mind after looking at the layout in 2008. Purchase another place at similar stage. It has already been completed and collecting rental yield of more than 6% for a few years and capital gain of almost double.

You are right. In fact more than 180k and rental market was strong. Not Money is not working hard for owners.
    In fact, during the time that Aristo was launched, you can buy any project and still make more money. Like Esta, One Amber or even Clift, Icon etc. All these are already collecting rental for few years. Easily 100k of rental. Wait till this project TOP. I would like to see how much it can be rented out for.

Most of the Aristo owners will be making close to 100% profit from their unit which they bought in 2009 ( 4 years back). Tell me where can u make 100% profit ??

Just give u some examples. Optima launch was 900psf 3 years back but now selling around 1300-1400psf. Thats just about 50% profit. Silversea was launched at $1700-200psf 3 years back and the price still around that range maybe slightly higher only by 10%. One Amber was launched around 900-1000psf, and now average around 1500psf, that means a 50% increase.

Compare Aristo with the going to be completed soon 16@Amber just around the corner which is now selling at $1700psf on average. See which one is a better deal ?? Unless your vision cheat, u will know which one is a better buy.

Judging from the nearby proximity psf, Aristo, based on my projection should be able to sell at least $1800-2000psf for the higher floor units (10th floor and above), and $1600-1800psf for the lower floors. Most owners bought the units at $900-1000psf 4 years back.
    Last edited by Shawn; 29-09-13 at 13:21.

Most of the Aristo owners will be making close to 100% profit from their unit which they bought in 2009 ( 4 years back). Tell me where can u make 100% profit ??

Just give u some examples. Optima launch was 900psf 3 years back but now selling around 1300-1400psf. Thats just about 50% profit. Silversea was launched at $1700-200psf 3 years back and the price still around that range maybe slightly higher only by 10%. One Amber was launched around 900-1000psf, and now average around 1500psf, that means a 50% increase.

Compare Aristo with the going to be completed soon 16@Amber just around the corner which is now selling at $1700psf on average. See which one is a better deal ?? Unless your vision cheat, u will know which one is a better buy.

Judging from the nearby proximity psf, Aristo, based on my projection should be able to sell at least $1800-2000psf for the higher floor units (10th floor and above), and $1600-1800psf for the lower floors. Most owners bought the units at $900-1000psf 4 years back.
    Please sugarcoat with care. How often to we get to witness buying opportunities like Lehman Bros crisis? In 2008/9, many properties around Singapore would have made the same profit. Nothing special about Aristo really.

Please sugarcoat with care. How often to we get to witness buying opportunities like Lehman Bros crisis? In 2008/9, many properties around Singapore would have made the same profit. Nothing special about Aristo really.

It is extreme stupidity to relay this to Aristo when u know that in 2012-2013 (2 years), there are hardly any significant appreciation for most condos due to the new government regulations. So why use the number of days to compare, why not compare based on last and present ??

Why not you use that for your Jurong dream condo and see how valuation will be like in 2 years from now....I hope it wont be negative for u. Good luck. I think i shall not waste anymore time on u.

U seem to be around this forum 24 hours a day. Maybe u have this illusiion that this forum shapes what property trend will be like. Sorry this is just a gossipper and rumor monger forum, some of the comments here should not be taken seriously. Sorry for u indeed. Good luck.

It is extreme stupidity to relay this to Aristo when u know that in 2012-2013 (2 years), there are hardly any significant appreciation for most condos due to the new government regulations. So why use the number of days to compare, why not compare based on last and present ??

Why not you use that for your Jurong dream condo and see how valuation will be like in 2 years from now....I hope it wont be negative for u. Good luck. I think i shall not waste anymore time on u.

U seem to be around this forum 24 hours a day. Maybe u have this illusiion that this forum shapes what property trend will be like. Sorry this is just a gossipper and rumor monger forum, some of the comments here should not be taken seriously. Sorry for u indeed. Good luck.
    there is always an excuse and reason if you are desperate to sell. So one should always be careful when someone is too eager.

Agent quoted $1600psf in 2008 when it was launched. How to make money for those whi bought units then?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Agent quoted $1600psf in 2008 when it was launched. How to make money for those whi bought units then?
    wow those bought in 2008 quite siong.

these are transactions for the same stack:
    06 Sep 2012 23 Amber Road #XX-XX Sub Sale 807sqft 1,717 psf 1,386,000 HDB
    23 Aug 2012 23 Amber Road #XX-XX Sub Sale 807sqft 1,462 psf 1,180,000 HDB

30 Apr 2009 23 Amber Road #XX-XX New Sale 807sqft 951 psf 768,000 HDB
    21 Apr 2009 23 Amber Road #XX-XX New Sale 807sqft 971 psf 783,760 HDB
    20 Apr 2009 23 Amber Road #XX-XX New Sale 807sqft 991 psf 800,000 HDB
    12 Mar 2009 23 Amber Road #XX-XX New Sale 807sqft 1,053 psf 850,000 HDB
    02 Jan 2009 23 Amber Road #XX-XX New Sale 807sqft 1,115 psf 900,000 Private
    19 Dec 2008 23 Amber Road #XX-XX New Sale 807sqft 1,115 psf 900,000 Private
    19 Dec 2008 23 Amber Road #XX-XX New Sale 807sqft 1,115 psf 900,000 Private
    19 Sep 2008 23 Amber Road #XX-XX New Sale 807sqft 1,586 psf 1,280,000 Private
    29 Jul 2008 23 Amber Road #XX-XX New Sale 807sqft 1,651 psf 1,333,200 Private
    16 Jul 2008 23 Amber Road #XX-XX New Sale 807sqft 1,752 psf 1,414,000 Private
    10 Jun 2008 23 Amber Road #XX-XX New Sale 807sqft 1,701 psf 1,373,600 Private
    09 Jun 2008 23 Amber Road #XX-XX New Sale 807sqft 1,711 psf 1,381,680 HDB

Quote Originally Posted by Simply East View Post
    Plan Reference No: A1694-00045-2006-BP01
    Project Title: PROPOSED ERECTION OF 1 BLOCK OF 18-STOREY RESIDENTIAL FLATS (TOTAL 54 UNITS) WITH A BLOCK OF EXISTING CONSERVATION HOUSE (TOTAL 2 UNITS) AND BASEMENT MECHANICAL CAR PARKS, SWIMMING POOL AND COMMUNAL FACILITIES ON LOT 99777A MK 25 AT NO.23 AMBER ROAD
    Application Type: BCA-TOP-APPLN
    Current Status: PROCESSING
    Current Status Date / Time: 26/09/2013 17:45:35
    Registration Date / Time: 26/09/2013 17:02:49
    Processing Officer: SINN KIT SENG
    Telephone No.: 63258668
    Email Address: [email protected]
    Hi has the project TOP already? Anybody knows ?

Prices hit 1.8 to 2k psf?

People who bought Clift, Sail, Icon or even Southbank during the 2009 low made 100% capital gain as well. You are an agent and you don't know the statistics?

Again, you are not being honest. But as an agent, what can we expect from you right? Not all agents honest.

Optima was launched in end 2009 when recovery has already happened for 3 quarters. Silversea was 1300 psf during the 2009 low.

But those who bought other properties have enjoyed 3-4 years of rental worth 200k easily. And they still got the same appreciation. So Aristo is one of the worse performing one if you ask me. I mean, just look at One Amber. During 2009 low, 500k for studio. Now, studio > 1M. 100% capital gain but yet collecting rental for a few years already. And Aristo is barely at its launch price - meaning those who bought at launch price is still in negative territory. 2k psf is a myth. It is like speculating gold will hit 3k.

the singhealth academia, that costs over a billion dollars, and the new national heart centre started construction later than aristo, but took faster time to completion

can't believe how riduculously long the aristo had been stalled liao....

I can feel for those who bought > 1700psf in 2008. 5 years and 3 months has passed. One of the smallest condo ever - be it units, site and layout Not a single cent of rental (seriously, after 5 years !!!!). Zero capital gain (in fact, it's negative territory - breakeven maybe 1.9 to 2k psf). The worst is going to come when it TOP - when they see the actual layout.

the singhealth academia, that costs over a billion dollars, and the new national heart centre started construction later than aristo, but took faster time to completion

walked past last night - whatever i saw 2 weeks ago was still in the exact position as it was yesterday. a pallet of bricks along the driveway with construction tools, the centrepiece conservation house being used as some sort of office with the lights being left on 24/7 and yesterday, the back gate was left open without bring locked.

so much for shawn saying rectification works going on. i have to go by this place every morning and every night and so far, looks more like a ghost town. maybe i should take daily pictures and post. we can all play "spot the indifference"

I think TOP is around the corner ..finally.... Can't wait to go up and look look see see..

I can feel for those who bought > 1700psf in 2008. 5 years and 3 months has passed. One of the smallest condo ever - be it units, site and layout Not a single cent of rental (seriously, after 5 years !!!!). Zero capital gain (in fact, it's negative territory - breakeven maybe 1.9 to 2k psf). The worst is going to come when it TOP - when they see the actual layout.

Tsk Tsk Tsk Thomastan that goes to tell how desperate u are..from your threads I can roughly guess your motive as one of the following:

(a) You are a sourgrape, u miss the boat and now heart pain after see the final result. Bear in mind majority of Aristo buyers pay at $900-1050psf. They stand to gain approximately 100% after TOP.

(b) The words u wrote showed you are full of anger of Aristo. Its either u were previously an owner and had sold your unit at a cheap/breakeven price, and now after realising the appreciation, realised that you have made a mistake. Too bad what is done cannot be undone, but by badmouthing the condo you did not gain anything out of it. So dont waste your time in this thread. Move on.

(b) This project already noted that its final completion date is 31 December 2013. It is expected to be delayed due to the conservation house in front and construction only started in 2010. And most buyers bought only in late 2009. No doubt there is a 1 year delay in expected completion as this project was expected to TOP in December 2012, but this is beyond the ability of the owners to control as in the contract it is specifically indicated last TOP date is 31 Dec 2013.

(c) Your claims that Aristo owners lost on rental have not much validity as most are on deferred payment scheme. And for your info, when you start collecting rental, your loan also is stretched to the maximum too and you need to start paying your loan. Your claims that owners lost $200k is ridiculous by any measurement cause how do u substantiate that ?? Taking for eg. a 646 sq.ft unit rental is about $3k, $200k would mean more than 5 years of rental income. It takes a minimum of 2 years to finish construction and half a year to launch a unit on the average. So 2 1/2 years will definitely be gone without rental income. So stop with your rubbish threads.

By the way, not all owners buy to rent out. Some buy to stay or as an investment to sell when the price is right. And some owners own more than 1 property, so waiting 1-2 more years seriously do no harm when the psf$ appreciates year by year. Dont use the purchase price of 6-7 initial buyers in the recessionary period 2008 to claim that 56 Aristo owners lost money. Its not true.

Tsk Tsk Tsk poor Thomastan move on.

Deferred payment scheme means you don't pay interest but you pay 3% more on purchase price. DPS doesn't mean you don't lose on rental. In fact, you lose on rental (worth 200k) + 3% of purchase price. So you lose TWICE.

Whether the conservation house is difficult to maintain or not, it is beside the point. The owners are losing out on rental as the days go by.

Own stay even worse. Not only do they lose out on rental, they will be in for a big surprise (big planters, bay windows, balcony). Own stay doesn't mean no loss of rental. The existing house that they are staying in can be rented out. But I feel the overly disproportional size of the planters, balcony and bay windows will be a more detrimental factor. Who will want a house with 40% of space on planters, balcony and bay windows?

Lastly, you can't even walk probably with a queen sized bed in the room. I am not interested in such a lousy layout house btw. No sane person would. I want to walk comfortably - not side ways. At least my room can put a king size bed + study table + chair + TV. Aristo - No thanks. I walk like a normal human, not side ways.

Tsk Tsk Tsk Thomastan that goes to tell how desperate u are..from your threads I can roughly guess your motive as one of the following:

(a) You are a sourgrape, u miss the boat and now heart pain after see the final result. Bear in mind majority of Aristo buyers pay at $900-1050psf. They stand to gain approximately 100% after TOP.

(b) The words u wrote showed you are full of anger of Aristo. Its either u were previously an owner and had sold your unit at a cheap/breakeven price, and now after realising the appreciation, realised that you have made a mistake. Too bad what is done cannot be undone, but by badmouthing the condo you did not gain anything out of it. So dont waste your time in this thread. Move on.

(b) This project already noted that its final completion date is 31 December 2013. It is expected to be delayed due to the conservation house in front and construction only started in 2010. And most buyers bought only in late 2009. No doubt there is a 1 year delay in expected completion as this project was expected to TOP in December 2012, but this is beyond the ability of the owners to control as in the contract it is specifically indicated last TOP date is 31 Dec 2013.

(c) Your claims that Aristo owners lost on rental have not much validity as most are on deferred payment scheme. And for your info, when you start collecting rental, your loan also is stretched to the maximum too and you need to start paying your loan. Your claims that owners lost $200k is ridiculous by any measurement cause how do u substantiate that ?? Taking for eg. a 646 sq.ft unit rental is about $3k, $200k would mean more than 5 years of rental income. It takes a minimum of 2 years to finish construction and half a year to launch a unit on the average. So 2 1/2 years will definitely be gone without rental income. So stop with your rubbish threads.

By the way, not all owners buy to rent out. Some buy to stay or as an investment to sell when the price is right. And some owners own more than 1 property, so waiting 1-2 more years seriously do no harm when the psf$ appreciates year by year. Dont use the purchase price of 6-7 initial buyers in the recessionary period 2008 to claim that 56 Aristo owners lost money. Its not true.

Tsk Tsk Tsk poor Thomastan move on.

Can someone walk properly in the masterroom? From the door, how to go toilet?

And I wouldn't want to sleep on top of the bay windows. Inside squeeze like sardine, outside got big planters and balcony.

Can someone walk properly in the masterroom? From the door, how to go toilet?

And I wouldn't want to sleep on top of the bay windows. Inside squeeze like sardine, outside got big planters and balcony.

Thomas - i dont know why you waste time responding to that dumbass. i've never seen a more deluded agent in my life!

for an agent who likes to show off his "wealth", i wonder why shawn doesn't take the plunge and purchase a unit here to prove us wrong? why dont you move in there with your wife and kid? i mean, it is a *fantastic* project right? so why let others make $ shawn ... this is your chance to shine!

Haha. Nothing to do mah. Agents just want to sell only la. Never mind, just wait for the project to TOP then people can see the actual layout.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionx View Post
    Thomas - i dont know why you waste time responding to that dumbass. i've never seen a more deluded agent in my life!

for an agent who likes to show off his "wealth", i wonder why shawn doesn't take the plunge and purchase a unit here to prove us wrong? why dont you move in there with your wife and kid? i mean, it is a *fantastic* project right? so why let others make $ shawn ... this is your chance to shine!