Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 491415161718192021222324293439 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aristo @ Amber (D15, FH)

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    View is secondary to me....wana hf seaview, just drive to beach la....whahaha

Quiet and cooling hse is top priority for own stay.....gd for overall wellness

Only when ur hse is quiet and cooling den nice view will be a value added bonus

Imagine having a superb seaview but u cant sit at ur balcony to enjoy the view bcoz of the blarring heat and noise
    Hehe for the past 4 weeks I miss the afternoon sun already cause its been gloomy and rainy. And the weather has not been sunny throughout the year. If you ask me its 50:50 sun and gloomy day. In addition, there are taller buildings across to block the sun view at certain times. For eg. in front of Aristo you have a 30 storey Aalto or 21 storey Silversea or 28 storey Amber condo. So it wont have afternoon sun 100% cause these taller condos will offer some sunblock protection towards later part of the afternoon which is usually the hottest period.

As an agent, marketing a unit doesnt take into account morning or afternoon sun. What most important is the interior finishes and the exterior facade (facing). Most of the eastern condos facing city and seaview have partial or full afternoon sun. Unless we can change the position of the city and the sea, this is inevitable.

So you think Aristo can withstand the crisis if it comes?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    And these low transactions happen in 2008/2009. Everyone knows what happens during this period...unless you pretend to be ignorant.

I agree with you on the seaview part. But do you think Aristo layout is good? I mean, surrounded by bay windows, surrounded by planters + a big balcony. Oh ya, it is not as if the actual unit has a lot of space. I don't know how anyone can fit a bed + a study table into the master room. Don't you wish the planter space is used for master room instead? Or living room? Hehe...

Hehe for the past 4 weeks I miss the afternoon sun already cause its been gloomy and rainy. And the weather has not been sunny throughout the year. If you ask me its 50:50 sun and gloomy day. In addition, there are taller buildings across to block the sun view at certain times. For eg. in front of Aristo you have a 30 storey Aalto or 21 storey Silversea or 28 storey Amber condo. So it wont have afternoon sun 100% cause these taller condos will offer some sunblock protection towards later part of the afternoon which is usually the hottest period.

As an agent, marketing a unit doesnt take into account morning or afternoon sun. What most important is the interior finishes and the exterior facade (facing). Most of the eastern condos facing city and seaview have partial or full afternoon sun. Unless we can change the position of the city and the sea, this is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    So you think Aristo can withstand the crisis if it comes?
    If crisis happens not only Aristo but prestigious city condos like The Sail will fall like a wall of cards. But as far as I see, The Aristo wont fall as much compared to these condos in the city which have appreciated too far up.

By the way, i remembered your earlier post just few months back complaining that this project is very slow completion and still on the 2nd floor. Perhaps you should go and check again which floor The Aristo is at. You blame it on the developer probably having financial difficulties etc...Too much of your hallucination thought (FM 99.5) might ruin yr investment capabilities !! U probably hoping for 'Aristo Sale of the Year' hahaha

All the best of luck.

I agree with you on the seaview part. But do you think Aristo layout is good? I mean, surrounded by bay windows, surrounded by planters + a big balcony. Oh ya, it is not as if the actual unit has a lot of space. I don't know how anyone can fit a bed + a study table into the master room. Don't you wish the planter space is used for master room instead? Or living room? Hehe...
    As I already mentioned The Aristo substituted the Aircon ledge, bomb shelter, kitchen yard with a bigger balcony area. The size of the bedroom is not that small. My last check for the master bedroom of the smallest #04 stack was at 2.55 metres x 3.2 metres approx excluding the private bedroom balcony and the bay window. Do you think this size cannot fit in a queen size bed??

Also its aircon ledge is non existent saving on space. There is also no bomb shelter and instead more space for balcony area. Kitchen and living room are combined into one open concept area. This is a new concept housing for city living which also saves on space.
    Last edited by Shawn; 03-11-11 at 01:46.

What about the planters surrounding the balcony and unit? That is the killer.

Oh ya, of course can fit a queen size bed. But can fit 1 more table? Hehehe..

My point is simple. The house is already so small and you have like 40% on balcony and planters and bay windows?? Huh???

As I already mentioned The Aristo substituted the Aircon ledge, bomb shelter, kitchen yard with a bigger balcony area. The size of the bedroom is not that small. My last check for the master bedroom of #04 stack was at 2.55 metres x 3.2 metres approx excluding the private bedroom balcony and the bay window. Do you think this size cannot fit in a queen size bed??

Also its aircon ledge is non existent saving on space. There is also no bomb shelter and instead more space for balcony area. Kitchen and living room are combined into one open concept area. This is a new concept housing for city living which also saves on space.

What about the planters surrounding the balcony and unit? That is the killer.

Oh ya, of course can fit a queen size bed. But can fit 1 more table? Hehehe..

My point is simple. The house is already so small and you have like 40% on balcony and planters and bay windows?? Huh???
    If you ask me, the balcony adds to the aesthetic appeal of this development which is near to the sea shore. Lots of people including myself love to have a big balcony especially if its facing the sea. And a full glass balcony makes the unit looks bigger as it has unlimited views from every angle of the unit.

I not sure if it can fit one more table it all depends on the size of the table but then there is another smaller one room which can be converted to a study or guest room.

The bigger units like Stack 1, 2 and 3 should have a bigger size rooms than stack 4.

The balcony doesnt take 40% of the unit. Its about 30%. Perhaps you should study other condos with balcony and see if u add up the balcony + aircon ledge + planter + bomb shelter + kitchen yard does it make up to 30% or maybe more??

I don't like comparing with even lousier condos and console yourself. Balcony is fine but planters? Bay windows?

It is just like saying - I lost 100k in Lehman but I am very happy my friend lost 200k so I gain 100k.

Btw, 30% wastage is a lot. Hell lot. I am sure it is more than 30% but let's assume you are right. 646 sq ft x 70% = 450 sq ft left. Eh... 450 sq ft 2 bedroom, I rest my case.

If you ask me, the balcony adds to the aesthetic appeal of this development which is near to the sea shore. Lots of people including myself love to have a big balcony especially if its facing the sea. And a full glass balcony makes the unit looks bigger as it has unlimited views from every angle of the unit.

I not sure if it can fit one more table it all depends on the size of the table but then there is another smaller one room which can be converted to a study or guest room.

The bigger units like Stack 1, 2 and 3 should have a bigger size rooms than stack 4.

The balcony doesnt take 40% of the unit. Its about 30%. Perhaps you should study other condos with balcony and see if u add up the balcony + aircon ledge + planter + bomb shelter + kitchen yard does it make up to 30% or maybe more??

Both sides has its merits. Personally only stack 2 is probably worth looking at. The master bedrm, frm flrplan looks ok though the 2nd rm seriously small unless occupant is an child or convert to study rm. Balcony wise unless it has the million dollar view, I wun even want to pay 30% for this empty airspace. Without the balcony, at most is just a 2rm MM unit like what thomas mentioned

I don't like comparing with even lousier condos and console yourself. Balcony is fine but planters? Bay windows?

It is just like saying - I lost 100k in Lehman but I am very happy my friend lost 200k so I gain 100k.

Btw, 30% wastage is a lot. Hell lot. I am sure it is more than 30% but let's assume you are right. 646 sq ft x 70% = 450 sq ft left. Eh... 450 sq ft 2 bedroom, I rest my case.
    This is a small development just like 16 @ Amber or The Cape which also have small sized units. Its for people who want to be close to the city and the sea but cant afford city/seaview prices hahaha.

And it will sell cause for eg. even if a 2 bedroom 646 sq.ft unit sold at $1600 psf, it only comes to about $1 million net which is cheap and affordable to many people and still much way cheaper than another similar bigger 2 bedrooms around this area or even in the outskirts, and freehold some more. Just look at Meyerise 2 bedroom 872 sq.ft its transacting at $1.4 million on average..it also has a large balcony, bay window, 2 aircon ledge areas, bomb shelter and on top of that a private lift lobby area. And to think that Aristo location is more convenient and accessible compared to Meyerise. And mind you, the 2 bedroom at Meyerise has zero (no) seaview
    Last edited by Shawn; 03-11-11 at 02:34.

Cool

Yup best is stack 02 which has unblocked seaview from living as well as bedrooms. But it still has a partial morning and afternoon sun.

Talking about afternoon sun, I think I am starting to miss the sun. It has been weeks of raining and no sun. So I am just wondering if facing afternoon sun really matters anymore hahaha.

If you dont want afternoon sun, you can consider Stack 1 which has morning sun but mostly blocked by Silversea, or Stack 4, which has no seaview but partial afternoon sun and owners selling around $1300-1500psf. If you hoping to buy stack 2 and 3 for that kinda price just because they have morning or afternoon sun, you can drop the idea. Nobody going to sell it to you cause they know these 2 stacks have good seaviews.

I just sold Meyerise 3 bedroom facing partial afternoon sun at above $2300 psf. Do you think people bother about afternoon sun nowadays especially with new film technology, window dressing, trellis, and the fact that we barely see the sun for weeks ?
    its pointless! no point repeating on the same topic over n over again...ultimately i still disagree with u from A - Z..
    the aristo sits on a good location but too bad the project itself sucks big time..some other architects might hv done a much better job.

Finally you are talking some sense. I agree with you the quantum is small but you get what you pay for.

This is a small development just like 16 @ Amber or The Cape which also have small sized units. Its for people who want to be close to the city and the sea but cant afford city/seaview prices hahaha.

And it will sell cause for eg. even if a 2 bedroom 646 sq.ft unit sold at $1600 psf, it only comes to about $1 million net which is cheap and affordable to many people and still much way cheaper than another similar bigger 2 bedrooms around this area or even in the outskirts, and freehold some more. Just look at Meyerise 2 bedroom 872 sq.ft its transacting at $1.4 million on average..it also has a large balcony, bay window, 2 aircon ledge areas, bomb shelter and on top of that a private lift lobby area. And to think that Aristo location is more convenient and accessible compared to Meyerise. And mind you, the 2 bedroom at Meyerise has zero (no) seaview

Yah.. Agree. Location is not bad but buyers pay the price for developer's profit. Really too much. Planters surrounding the unit, big balcony and bay windows everywhere. Looking at the 2nd bedroom, you can't even fit a normal bed over it. If you try to fit, your door won't close. What a joke..

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    its pointless! no point repeating on the same topic over n over again...ultimately i still disagree with u from A - Z..
    the aristo sits on a good location but too bad the project itself sucks big time..some other architects might hv done a much better job.

Yah.. Agree. Location is not bad but buyers pay the price for developer's profit. Really too much. Planters surrounding the unit, big balcony and bay windows everywhere. Looking at the 2nd bedroom, you can't even fit a normal bed over it. If you try to fit, your door won't close. What a joke..
    tat time when aristo cut px to 9xxpsf.....one can buy a unit at one amber at 8xxpsf.....even 1bdr can get for 9xxpsf which worth 16xxpsf now.....hehehe

i am very surprised y a savvy agent like shawn buy aristo instead?

I hate this project so much by tearing down the old butterfly house, it has such an unique architectural design

We shall keep those good stuff for the future...once gone it is gone for good

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I hate this project so much by tearing down the old butterfly house, it has such an unique architectural design

We shall keep those good stuff for the future...once gone it is gone for good
    tot butterfly hse stays?

Cool

tot butterfly hse stays?
    only the outer shell of the butterfly hse remains..rest all torn down,what a waste!

I marked your post but i am bearish.
    Let c what happened after top...
    No offense..i am super against mech carpk....and bay window, planter unless really cheap.
    Dont have space for carpk,....that remind me of oxley

You better grab cause you aint going to see this kind of pricing anymore once The Aristo TOP. Mark my post here and 6 months later you come back to check. Stack 4 nevertheless has no seaview and its just beside The Cape facing. So no matter wat, Stack 4 will sell above $1500psf when its TOP. The other stacks will sell above $1600psf depending on floor level of course.

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    No offense..i am super against mech carpk....and bay window, planter unless really cheap.
    Think mechanical carpark would still work for those projects consisting mainly MM. Most of the residentials would either not own or drive cars

Not cheap to operate and maintain such a system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Think mechanical carpark would still work for those projects consisting mainly MM. Most of the residentials would either not own or drive cars

living along amber road and you don't own a car....gg, welcome to long hikes under the hot sun to reach public transport nodes

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    living along amber road and you don't own a car....gg, welcome to long hikes under the hot sun to reach public transport nodes
    Thought there's a bus stop less than 100m away? Somewhere between amber residences and esta?

Yes there is a bus stop opposite The Seaview, just outside Amber Residences. However, the other side of Amber Road is less well connected to public transport because of the major highway (tanjong katong road south). The closest are probably the bus stops along Mountbatten Road that serve the Jalan Seaview residents and the One Amber/Esta residents.

Thought there's a bus stop less than 100m away? Somewhere between amber residences and esta?

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale
    Yes there is a bus stop opposite The Seaview, just outside Amber Residences. However, the other side of Amber Road is less well connected to public transport because of the major highway (tanjong katong road south). The closest are probably the bus stops along Mountbatten Road that serve the Jalan Seaview residents and the One Amber/Esta residents.
    If the One Amber bus stop is too far away, then buy a car. The walk from Amber road road to Mountbatten road is less than 5 minutes. If you want to stay closer, buy something on top of an MRT station and travel only to places which are on top of other MRT stations. This is just complaining with the only justification being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Lots of new condos coming out in Orchard/River Valley area come with mechanised carparks. U cant help it land space is getting more expensive. U should thank God if u can get one carpark per unit. Some condos in town like The Sail, Icon need to ballot for carpark space and the owner still need to pay separately for the carpark fee on top of maintenance fee.

And with and without mechanised carpark, Orchard Road condos will still sell above $2500psf, so as condos with seaview will call a premium pricing.

Far East selling its studios at Seawind near east coast road for $1500++psf, and as u know these units have no seaview other than facing a busy road going to Eunos.

As an agent, I can forsee the premium value in The Aristo being close to the sea and yet having the world of amenities near to it for eg. shopping mall, food joints, bus stops, Chinese Swimming Club, and future mrt station. And on top of that, its status of freehold. As of now, this development is yet to TOP. Its real value will only unfold once its completed.

And with its small size from 614 - 808 sq.ft, its affordable to a lot of people who aspire to live in the prestigious Amber/Meyer Road district. Even at $1 million for its 614 sq.ft, I would still think its cheap if you compare similar pricing within the same district.

All the best. I might be wrong but I have never been wrong for the past 15 years as an agent.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    This guy is completely clueless of the location of Aristo or Amber Road and the fact that there is a major bus stop just 30 metres away from Aristo entrance. One would just need to walk like 3 minutes or less to reach the bus stop.

Btw I know there are some people out there hoping to buy The Aristo at cheap price by badmouthing Aristo but its not going to happen. Most of the desperate sellers have already sold. Even if there is, most of them are the Stack 4 units i.e. 614 sq.ft which has no seaview. Some people are eyeing to buy the seaview stacks, but u can drop the idea if you want to buy them below $1500psf. Its not going to happen.

I have a list of owners looking to sell from $1600-$2200psf for The Aristo seaview facing. After seeing the Aristo seaviews from the 14th floor clubhouse level, I am very confident now that the view is spectacular enough to induce anyone to spend $1 million dollar for a 646 sq.ft unit at least, if not more.

So if you can catch a seller of Stack 1,2 and 3 selling at below $1500psf for now, better grab it fast cause the Cheap Sale of the Year is going to be over soon.

Can I just put this wall paper to get seaview? Cost less than $1k I suppose
    http://www.socksoff.co.uk/00001/page..._View_1600.png

The place where I stay has a sea view, but I rarely view the sea. I wonder why people pay so much to view the sea. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Can I just put this wall paper to get seaview? Cost less than $1k I suppose
    http://www.socksoff.co.uk/00001/page..._View_1600.png

The place where I stay has a sea view, but I rarely view the sea. I wonder why people pay so much to view the sea. Strange.
    Think those who have never stayed in a property with sea view will most likely hope to have one.

Probably the novelty dies off after you have stayed in one for a while...

tat time when aristo cut px to 9xxpsf.....one can buy a unit at one amber at 8xxpsf.....even 1bdr can get for 9xxpsf which worth 16xxpsf now.....hehehe

i am very surprised y a savvy agent like shawn buy aristo instead?
    our genius agent shawn tat nvr been wrong for past 15yrs...

care to xplain?

Think those who have never stayed in a property with sea view will most likely hope to have one.

Probably the novelty dies off after you have stayed in one for a while...
    well....seaview must comes together with tranquility and peace.....den the novelty will haf a lasting effect......having seabreeze at ur own balcony is super shiok

gime seaview coupled with noise and dust.....NO!!!!!