Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021263136 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aristo @ Amber (D15, FH)

Same here. My feeling is Kembangan suites will go past $3,000 psf. $3k psf x 400 sq ft = 1.2 million. Sound good for a studio beside MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    This is not the only layout offered at The Aristo. The 808 sq.ft and 646 sq.ft layout are better. I know the 711 sq.ft has more than generous balcony space. However, bear in mind some condos also have excessive wastage on aircon ledge area, kitchen yard and bomb shelter but this development doesnt have all these.

Instead, it invested on a bigger balcony space which some buyers would prefer if the view is sea facing.

I admit these Aristo units are small, but they are more like serviced apartment with a concierge service on the ground floor in the conservation house and club facilities on the 14th floor. So its target market are different.

And if you work out a 646 sq.ft area for a small 2 bedroom unit selling at $1600 psf i.e $1 million is really a bargain for that location and freehold with sea facing. U can never find this kind of price for a new freehold 2 bedroom with sea facing anymore in this location. My years of experience as an agent is telling me that The Aristo will cross the $2000 psf soon after TOP.

This is not the only layout offered at The Aristo. The 808 sq.ft and 646 sq.ft layout are better. I know the 711 sq.ft has more than generous balcony space. However, bear in mind some condos also have excessive wastage on aircon ledge area, kitchen yard and bomb shelter but this development doesnt have all these.

Instead, it invested on a bigger balcony space which some buyers would prefer if the view is sea facing.

I admit these Aristo units are small, but they are more like serviced apartment with a concierge service on the ground floor in the conservation house and club facilities on the 14th floor. So its target market are different.

And if you work out a 646 sq.ft area for a small 2 bedroom unit selling at $1600 psf i.e $1 million is really a bargain for that location and freehold with sea facing. U can never find this kind of price for a new freehold 2 bedroom with sea facing anymore in this location. My years of experience as an agent is telling me that The Aristo will cross the $2000 psf soon after TOP.
    stack 3 646sq ft n stack 4 614sq ft has direct west sun..thats alrdy a major setback.
    aristo is located in a gd location but the project itself is no good,sad to say..

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    stack 3 646sq ft n stack 4 614sq ft has direct west sun..thats alrdy a major setback.
    aristo is located in a gd location but the project itself is no good,sad to say..
    Yup its hard to get a good facing unit facing the sea and city without the afternoon sun. Most good units at The Aalto, Meyerise, Silversea which are transacting above $2000psf are facing full or partial afternoon sun.

If you dont want the afternoon sun, then units facing the landed properties are a good choice for eg, those condos at The Shore Residences facing Katong Shopping Centre or One Amber facing the main road.

i think the shore facing katong is facing west sun.

Quote Originally Posted by heroes
    i think the shore facing katong is facing west sun.
    Should be north

North west ...last time i want to buy cheap unit facing katong... But its look very hot....

Shore Residence has mixed facings actually. It is arranged by Tower A, B, C, D (from left to right, facing Katong Shopping Mall - North facing). But, Towers A and D are laid out such that the units for these 2 towers face East and West.

The ones facing west in Tower A will face Esta (get the sun, and a view that is not nice). The ones facing west in Tower D will get the sun but enjoy the view of the shore pool view. It is a shame because this facing gets to see the future stadium for higher floor units but in return, you have to endure the West sun. The ones facing East will not get the sun, but the view in Tower A will therefore be better (because of the view of the shore pool).

Towers B and C in the middle face North and South, which is quite clever because the Shore pool is on the North side, whereas the real lap pool is on the South side facing the nursery, so either side gets pool view. The ones facing North will of course get partial West sun, whereas the ones facing South will get both pool view and partial sea view (for the higher units).

Unfortunately, you are leasing your unit from the landlord, FEO, for 103 years only.
    Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    Shore Residence has mixed facings actually. It is arranged by Tower A, B, C, D (from left to right, facing Katong Shopping Mall - North facing). But, Towers A and D are laid out such that the units for these 2 towers face East and West.

The ones facing west in Tower A will face Esta (get the sun, and a view that is not nice). The ones facing west in Tower D will get the sun but enjoy the view of the shore pool view. It is a shame because this facing gets to see the future stadium for higher floor units but in return, you have to endure the West sun. The ones facing East will not get the sun, but the view in Tower A will therefore be better (because of the view of the shore pool).

Towers B and C in the middle face North and South, which is quite clever because the Shore pool is on the North side, whereas the real lap pool is on the South side facing the nursery, so either side gets pool view. The ones facing North will of course get partial West sun, whereas the ones facing South will get both pool view and partial sea view (for the higher units).

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Unfortunately, you are leasing your unit from the landlord, FEO, for 103 years only.
    Sigh..... what you said is too true!

It is the same feeling with buying a car. You pay so much for a nice lovely car only to be told you can only be entitled to drive it for X number of years before you have to buy another permit to continue driving it. Honestly, at the end of the day, I will rather buy a small plot of freehold land with nothing on it. It will be mine forever!

FEO is very smart as they will pass on to future generation releasing that mrt stn will come some day.
    Sigh..... what you said is too true!

It is the same feeling with buying a car. You pay so much for a nice lovely car only to be told you can only be entitled to drive it for X number of years before you have to buy another permit to continue driving it. Honestly, at the end of the day, I will rather buy a small plot of freehold land with nothing on it. It will be mine forever!

whats the difference between buying 99lh from FEO and 99lh from govt, except for the possibility of enbloc as in govt's land.

HDB flat also lease from government.
    Up to now, I still dont understand the difference between 99yr HDB and 99yr condo, in terms of ownership, leasing etc. I only know that HDB has more restrictions etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    whats the difference between buying 99lh from FEO and 99lh from govt, except for the possibility of enbloc as in govt's land.

Up to now, I still dont understand the difference between 99yr HDB and 99yr condo, in terms of ownership, leasing etc. I only know that HDB has more restrictions etc.
    There is a difference - when you pay for a 99year lease-hold condo, the lease includes the entire area within the estate, ie. swimming pool, tennis courts, gardens, etc, within the fence.

HDB is only that block's drainage boundary! Doesn't even include the carpark - that is public. So in other words, the psf value for HDB flats is quite high!

There is a difference - when you pay for a 99year lease-hold condo, the lease includes the entire area within the estate, ie. swimming pool, tennis courts, gardens, etc, within the fence.

HDB is only that block's drainage boundary! Doesn't even include the carpark - that is public. So in other words, the psf value for HDB flats is quite high!
    At the end of 99year lease, you dont "own" it anymore.
    Also, FEO give 103 year instead of 99 year, so if construction take 4 years, buyer can enjoy the full 99year lease.

is there any difference in price psf if FEO buy FH and sell 103LH to enduser and FEO buy LH and sell 99LH to enduser?

How does a person calculate the price psf of swimming pool, tennis courts,etc?

I would think other forummers would beg to differ, price psf and absolute quantum for HDB flats is the lowest.

Hdb, u r lessee....so u rent out hdb by subletting....rent from govt n den sublet out

99lh condo, u r owner for 99yrs....u rent out and not subletting out

For this project shore res, zero chance of enbloc

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Hdb, u r lessee....so u rent out hdb by subletting....rent from govt n den sublet out

99lh condo, u r owner for 99yrs....u rent out and not subletting out

For this project shore res, zero chance of enbloc

So at the end of the day.... buy Freehold. Freehold means there is no lease right?

So at the end of the day.... buy Freehold. Freehold means there is no lease right?
    Yes but some say ah gong can take back anytime they want for the benefit of social/community purposes too...hehe

In fact, 99LH HDB still got chance to go for SER, MUP or IUP. 99LH starts the date you collect your key not like 99LH from private developer. 99LH from sale of GLS can enbloc.

Can strike lottery when this happens to you. Stay away from roads. Should less likelihood after most of the mrt lines and major expressways hae been announced and/or built.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Yes but some say ah gong can take back anytime they want for the benefit of social/community purposes too...hehe

Cool

buy FH or LH now for new projects is the same lah! how long do u wana live?
    do u think u can outlive n surpass the 50yr mark in the future for projects like shore,silversea,cape etc..? when shore is 50yrs old in the year around 2060,will u still be around? LOL
    what is important is the new projects u acquire will give u good yield or profits the next 10,15 years..why u bother to worry whats gona happen after 99yrs when the leasehold ends ?

Investment must have good yield much be longer than 15 years bcos still young. Simply to pass it on to the next generation as benefitted from grandparents. Unless you ..
    buy FH or LH now for new projects is the same lah! how long do u wana live?
    do u think u can outlive n surpass the 50yr mark in the future for projects like shore,silversea,cape etc..? when shore is 50yrs old in the year around 2060,will u still be around? LOL
    what is important is the new projects u acquire will give u good yield or profits the next 10,15 years..why u bother to worry whats gona happen after 99yrs when the leasehold ends ?

Imagine what en bloc discussions will be like when FE is the landlord. What would be their motivations for allowing end bloc. At least with URA it's urban renewal. There's a lot of uncertainty whenyou lease from a.private entity.

Cool

Investment must have good yield much be longer than 15 years bcos still young. Simply to pass it on to the next generation as benefitted from grandparents. Unless you ..
    still young? how young are u nw? whats your age in the year 2060? so no need to think so far.
    for u mayb different cos u were born with silverspoon,your grandparents left plenty for your father n u..thats y u talk differently.
    your duty as a parent is already accomplished if u give your children a good education,comfortable life n good upbringing. no necessity to pass to the next generation to pamper them..

We know education is not enough. Working hard is not enough. They need to work hard, right network and real opportunities in the real world. I am certainly not born with silverspoon. Maybe I have some headstart but I have to maintain and grow it. This is what I hope to see it is being duplicated and seen by my children. Was at the library yesterday and see how the Chinese students study the English dictionary is incredible with an e-dictionary to learn how to pronounce them. Our next generation of locally born Singaporean are spoilt and too complacent. It is a different race in the next 30 years. It is human nature to help their offsprings. As I have mentioned before: rental from a few properties will certainly help them to have a better life on top of their salary from work.
    still young? how young are u nw? whats your age in the year 2060? so no need to think so far.
    for u mayb different cos u were born with silverspoon,your grandparents left plenty for your father n u..thats y u talk differently.
    your duty as a parent is already accomplished if u give your children a good education,comfortable life n good upbringing. no necessity to pass to the next generation to pamper them..

Cool

We know education is not enough. Working hard is not enough. They need to work hard, right network and real opportunities in the real world. I am certainly not born with silverspoon. Maybe I have some headstart but I have to maintain and grow it. This is what I hope to see it is being duplicated and seen by my children. Was at the library yesterday and see how the Chinese students study the English dictionary is incredible with an e-dictionary to learn how to pronounce them. Our next generation of locally born Singaporean are spoilt and too complacent. It is a different race in the next 30 years. It is human nature to help their offsprings. As I have mentioned before: rental from a few properties will certainly help them to have a better life on top of their salary from work.
    thats how u perceive it..for me,i think differently.
    so,to each his own..there's no right or wrong..
    end of the day is: there's no difference buying FH or LH as long as the location is good.

You are right : Location Location Location.

Is investment guide viable?

Priority:
    1. Location (CCR) plus walking distance to mrt (Must Keep)
    2. Location (CCR) no mrt (Must keep)
    3. Location (CCR/RCR -city fringe) plus walking distance to mrt (Must keep)
    4. Location (OCR) plus walking distance to mrt (Can keep)
    5. Location (OCR) and not near mrt (Don't keep for too long)

FH can keep for long term but LH only keep for 15 years with the exception of near mrt.

and FH (Must Keep); Best Location and LH (Hold for 20 years);
    thats how u perceive it..for me,i think differently.
    so,to each his own..there's no right or wrong..
    end of the day is: there's no difference buying FH or LH as long as the location is good.

You are right : Location Location Location.

Is investment guide viable?

Priority:
    1. Location (CCR) plus walking distance to mrt (Must Keep)
    2. Location (CCR) no mrt (Must keep)
    3. Location (CCR/RCR -city fringe) plus walking distance to mrt (Must keep)
    4. Location (OCR) plus walking distance to mrt (Can keep)
    5. Location (OCR) and not near mrt (Don't keep for too long)

FH can keep for long term but LH only keep for 15 years with the exception of near mrt.

and FH (Must Keep); Best Location and LH (Hold for 20 years);
    FH no point keeping if location is no good.
    would rather keep LH in better location even if its without mrt. (eg: costa del sol,the bayshore,laguna park)

Nowadays facing the sun or not is not really a major issue. Have u heard of window film ? The latest technology 3m film is able to block 99% UV, 85% solar heat, and offers 80% visual clarity. I went to a client's place at bayshore which is facing the afternoon sun direct and yet I dont feel warm in the unit, and ask them whats the secret. They told me the new 3M film which did that. It cost a bit more than a normal UV film but it offers so much protection from the solar heat and yet gives visual clarity as if there is no film.

Its amazing how technology can offer solutions which we sometimes overlook.

That client of mine at Bayshore has a bright unit and yet its not hot inside. I am truly amazed.

Nowadays facing the sun or not is not really a major issue. Have u heard of window film ? The latest technology 3m film is able to block 99% UV, 85% solar heat, and offers 80% visual clarity. I went to a client's place at bayshore which is facing the afternoon sun direct and yet I dont feel warm in the unit, and ask them whats the secret. They told me the new 3M film which did that. It cost a bit more than a normal UV film but it offers so much protection from the solar heat and yet gives visual clarity as if there is no film.

That client of mine at Bayshore has a bright unit and yet its not hot inside. I am truly amazed.
    But cannot open window?

I am also truly amazed that you claimed Aristo has great seaview but cannot enjoy sea breeze...

[
    .Exactly.., open window no use liao...and these high grade high visibly solar film at least 10-20 Psf