Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678131823 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodsville 28 (D13, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Quote Originally Posted by wkang1970
    Saw from the paper, W28 was fully sold, but there is not sub-sale happening like 8@W, think most buyers buy it for own stay.
    Wah - you sound as if u u gotten a unit there - for yr children?

Hi Southpark and Wkang,

You guys moving into Potong Pasir soon? We can be neighbours! Or rather we will stay in the same neighbourhood!

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Hi Southpark and Wkang,

You guys moving into Potong Pasir soon? We can be neighbours! Or rather we will stay in the same neighbourhood!
    Yeah - but not so soon -- still a loooooong way to go before I collect my keys....

What did you pay for your W28?

Quote Originally Posted by southpark2000
    Yeah - but not so soon -- still a loooooong way to go before I collect my keys....

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    What did you pay for your W28?
    OK lah.....bought recently only - but slightly cheaper than 8@W

Quote Originally Posted by southpark2000
    OK lah.....bought recently only - but slightly cheaper than 8@W
    Like you, I'm also loooong way to go before being part of this neighbourhood.
    And a little further up the road too.

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Like you, I'm also loooong way to go before being part of this neighbourhood.
    And a little further up the road too.
    This is cool!!! Another neighbourhood - 8@W? Good choice!!

Cheers!

Hi wkang/southpark/sleek,

Welcome to Potong Pasir! This is certainly a place that you will get to vote during the next GE!

W28 piling has started. So I should expect construction to complete in less than 2 years, given it's not too large a devt.

Cheers!
    Hey!

So you bot 8@W too!

Welcome to Potong Pasir! This is certainly a place that you will get to vote during the next GE!

W28 piling has started. So I should expect construction to complete in less than 2 years, given it's not too large a devt.
    Many thanks....sadly dun think we got chance to vote there cos' gahmen needs to call election by mid-2011 latest.....

....must wait till 2015 type of period..... LOL

Yeah! As southpark says, we will missed the coming GE, so probably the next.

Btw, yours at Parc Mondrian? Welcome to the neighbourhood too!

Heard from the agent, lately there's a subsale for W28, and was sold @ $890psf. If u bought a unit here, will you sell? or how much will u sell?

with projects further away from town already marketing at 1k psf, should you guys be looking to sell above 1k psf?

Heard from the agent, lately there's a subsale for W28, and was sold @ $890psf. If u bought a unit here, will you sell? or how much will u sell?

serious? u think W28 or 8@W can sell above 1000psf....

serious? u think W28 or 8@W can sell above 1000psf....
    Possible since Centro at AMK launching over $1Kpsf & Optima at Tanah Merah over $850psf

Anyway, no plans as yet but will see what's the psf before TOP.
    Last edited by sleek; 26-07-09 at 18:59.

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Possible since Centro at AMK launching over $1Kpsf & Optima at Tanah Merah over $850psf

Anyway, no plans as yet but will see what's the psf before TOP.
    I went past the showroom for Centro yesterday and the agent standing near the bus stop gave e a leaflet asking me to register for the VVIP launch on this coming Wednesday. 2 BR starting at $900k!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    with projects further away from town already marketing at 1k psf, should you guys be looking to sell above 1k psf?
    Mmmmm... theorectically, that should be the case but I dun think valuers will up the valuation since the physical building is not up yet.... buyers will have to shell out lots of cold hard cash if owners price to sell 1kpsf or above.... unless potential buyers have $200k to $300k in cash and is willing to pay above value......

hmm... agreed, let see how it go......... anyway my original intention is to buy for own stay.

hmm... agreed, let see how it go......... anyway my original intention is to buy for own stay.
    2nd that!

Haha... me too... stay or rental sounds better....

Saw a review on W28 from the website (Singapore Propery Review), so to share with buyers the review on this project.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Woodsville 28 @ Potong Pasir

We spotted a much smaller ad in Straits times classifieds and we headed to view this property without realizing that it is by Frasers Centrepoint Homes, another reputed builder in Singapore. Woodsville 28 is a leasehold development that targets home upgraders. Its got a convenient location and a superb layout that makes the best use of space.

Potong Pasir MRT is a stone's throw away and more importantly as it is an underground station, you get the convenience of MRT without the noise levels associated with overhead train lines. Right now at the end of Serangoon road, near the PIE junction, there is quite an amount of construction leading to traffic disruption. This should hopefully go away by the time of TOP which is expected to be around end 2011 or early 2012. Buses are plenty and so is the possibility of hailing a cab for street hire (We have not evaluated the peak hour availability of cabs).

From local school's perspective St. Andrews school is near by. There is also an American International school planning to open shortly and it is permanent campus will be located on Upper Serangoon Road.

For food, the choices are around McPherson road. There are no real shopping malls or restaurants near by. It has to be either the malls @ Kovan or the upcoming ones at Serangoon Central or City Square near Farrer Park. Mustafa is also not far away if there is a desire for 24 hour shopping.

Views are simple in this project. At high floors we suspect that the PIE traffic noise could be a factor.

Price*

When we visited the showflat, the average price was around S$740-750 psf. Two bedroom apartments (starting at 883 sqft) are mostly taken with only the unit numbers ending -04 still available. There are 2 Bed + Study, 3 Bed and 3 Bed + Study options.

* Price mentioned are indicative at this time of writing. Generally tends to vary over time depending on unit, level, demand and other market conditions.

Layout

We were shown an 3 bedroom showflat and we have to admit that the space utilization has been superb. The kitchen is spacious and so are the bedrooms. There is a bomb shelter as well. The interior design of the showflat is done in a way that one cannot fully visualize the final finish - there are glass separators instead of walls and the slider doors have been pushed the edge of the planter area. These give a more spacious look than it is, but we like the utilization of space. There is a cylindrical column coming in the master bedroom and one has to innovatively mask it. This development is clearly targeted at upgraders.

Interior & Facilities

The interiors are at level expected of a private property of this type. Given that the developer is a reputed organization in Singapore, one can expect high level of finish. Facilities include a skypool, children's pool, children's play area, function room, gym and bbq area. Given the small size of development, these are expected to be modest in size.

Summary

Pros:

Good location, though no shopping malls nearby; Reputed Developer; Good layout and utilization of space.

Cons:

Small development with basic facilities

Verdict:

We recommend this for upgraders - the average price is still higher than our liking even though the prices are now much lower than mid-2008. For investors, we think the leasehold properties in prime districts yield best value.

Considering that the units have not been snapped up very fast, we get a feeling that the market is not very excited about this project. This is a bit surprising, given the location, layout and the reputation of the builder.

Disclaimer

This review is an initiative to share information on Singapore properties in a neutral manner without bias or prejudice. The review is based on the information collected by the review team by visiting the property and viewing publicly available information provided by the real estate agents and the developer. All information about the property are subject to change by the developer and this site has no influence over this. The views expressed by the authors are their own views and are not to be held accountable for any decision made by the reader with respect to the reviewed property. Please discuss with your real estate agent and/or the developer for more details regarding the project.

Posted by Singapore Propery Review at 6:54 AM
    Labels: District 13, Frasers Centrepoint, Potong Pasir, Property Reviews

Yup, and if you click on the Potong Pasir label will brings up both 8@W & W28 reviews.

Halo,

Besides Southpark2000 and myself bought a unit at W28, anyone else here got a unit?

Halo,

Besides Southpark2000 and myself bought a unit at W28, anyone else here got a unit?
    ^________^

Howdy neighbour!!!

Saw yr post on the property review blog.....must agree that it's quite a fair assessment though not too sure about the noise part....

Guess the blogger visited the showroom when the mkt was still at the low....now wanna buy oso dun hav

Heard initial launch, the price was around 880 - 900psf. Think we are lucky to buy it at cheaper price. Southpark, how much do u pay for your unit?

If they hold back and launch now, think the price should be even higher.

Can check on below link, click on the Transaction Data.

http://www.streetsine.com/main.html#listing-401062

talking bout valuers, they still seem very pro-prime and are happier to increase the psf of prime districts by hundreds of psf when mkt booms. When it comes to city fringe projects, or suburban projects, they drag their feet and have the mindset that prices should not go beyond a certain margin. these days, they seem more ready to support developers than resellers out there, which i can see the rationale. When buyers can't pay for the unit upon TOP, the developers just take the unit back and resell so not much of a hassle. As for resale condos, if the buyers can't finance the pty, banks would have to go through the hassle of claiming the unit and auctioning off etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 5577
    Mmmmm... theorectically, that should be the case but I dun think valuers will up the valuation since the physical building is not up yet.... buyers will have to shell out lots of cold hard cash if owners price to sell 1kpsf or above.... unless potential buyers have $200k to $300k in cash and is willing to pay above value......

Heard initial launch, the price was around 880 - 900psf. Think we are lucky to buy it at cheaper price. Southpark, how much do u pay for your unit?

If they hold back and launch now, think the price should be even higher.
    Let us just say that I did not buy when it was 1st launched. When I visited the showroom and bot my unit it was relatively quiet....a couple of would-be buyers, maybe 3 - 4 max. When I visited it again a week after, it was much more lively..... ^_____^

Dun think I got it at the ABSOLUTE bottom, my guess is that I probably caught it just as the mkt started to turn....
    Last edited by southpark2000; 29-07-09 at 22:39.

Hi Southpark2000, same here, i oso did not get the unit at the bottom, but still consider myself lucky tough, is just slightly higher than the bottom

Look like over here, only u and me bought here. Check with u, is the any access control (eg, via security card) to enter the lift lobby?