Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Grandhill (Freehold)

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    The Peak at Balmeg has been launched, reported average price for the entire development is 993psf. Appreciate any views or thoughts on how this might elevate or depress prices at Grandhill. Our previous discussion appears to indicate Grandhill owners are asking effectively about high 900s pricing.

On the basis of
    1. The Peak will have direct access to MRT (in future) and Grandhill would have to skirt around a long, round about way to walk to the proposed MRT (future).
    2. The Peak has full condo facilities, 3 storey club house and way much larger swimming, amongst others
    3. The Peak would be on substantially higher ground level (for certain units and blocks)
    4. The Peak would be paying for developers price, brand new plus the developer of the Peak (MCLLand) appears to be generally on the higher end of things in terms of finishing as compared to Hoi Hup (Grandhill developer)

How does Grandhill compares with The Peak at Balmeg given the above?
    Hi DW,

Like you I was looking at this area (D5) sometime back for the simple fact that I'm a `west/ central' person but after looking around the properties here, I think end of the day, location still matters very much to me.

Granted, Pasir Panjang is not badly located but the sight of the wharves, cranes and black/ grey smoke coming out from the refineries isn't a pretty site, to me at least.

Although I do not really believe the impact on health of these fumes, there are many other people who think so and it will affect your resaleability, which is 1 of my maxim of property purchase `buy a property with the consideration that you need to sell it 1 day'.

Nevertheless, if we are strictly talking abt Grandhill vs The Peak, i definitely would rate The Peak better and so Grandhill price MUST be below that of The Peak, provided there are enough buyers that die-die must stay in the area around here to support and pay for the asking px of Grandhill sellers. To me its a no-brainer that The Peak is a more attractive place and thus should be priced higher that Grandhill.

But like I mentioned in The Peak thread, I think if I would rather pay more for D9,10,11 or 15 properties (sub/resale) than The Peak. It just doesn't make sense. Another thing is the `generous' balcony that one of the Agents (I think its Home-run) was trying to put it so nicely, its crazy coz its such a waste of space so much so that it makes the room and livable space much smaller than what the developer would like you to believe in. I mean 1,500 psf for 3-bedder sounds spacious but the rooms are so small due to the wasted huge balcony that its closer to 1,100 sqf. But hey, the develppers want us to pay $1,000 psf for the additional 400 sqf??!! That's why I think they are nuts. Right price to me is if want to charge $1,000 psf, then charge base on 1,100sqf of livable space. If want to charge the balcony as well, then to me a reasonable asking px is $733psf.

Well, the market is definitely down and I'm glad I didnt buy into all the spin doctor stories from developers, property marketing agencies and some agents. Long term, yes, there is definitely potential but timing is important and I had held the believe that the past 18 mths just wasnt the right time to buy, especially since I'm buying for investment. Long term, short term doesnt matter, to me timing wasnt right. Some agents try to reason that if buying for long-term, its ok, but if in the short term can buy cheaper (which is already happening and I believe will decline further), why noy enter later?

I will buy when market has dropped @ least 20% from current px or when more properties has TOP in 2010 and if the rental yield then of the property I'm eyeing is commanding @ least 3% after interests.

Unregistered144 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Farnie
    Hi DW,

Like you I was looking at this area (D5) sometime back for the simple fact that I'm a `west/ central' person but after looking around the properties here, I think end of the day, location still matters very much to me.

Granted, Pasir Panjang is not badly located but the sight of the wharves, cranes and black/ grey smoke coming out from the refineries isn't a pretty site, to me at least.

Although I do not really believe the impact on health of these fumes, there are many other people who think so and it will affect your resaleability, which is 1 of my maxim of property purchase `buy a property with the consideration that you need to sell it 1 day'.

Nevertheless, if we are strictly talking abt Grandhill vs The Peak, i definitely would rate The Peak better and so Grandhill price MUST be below that of The Peak, provided there are enough buyers that die-die must stay in the area around here to support and pay for the asking px of Grandhill sellers. To me its a no-brainer that The Peak is a more attractive place and thus should be priced higher that Grandhill.

But like I mentioned in The Peak thread, I think if I would rather pay more for D9,10,11 or 15 properties (sub/resale) than The Peak. It just doesn't make sense. Another thing is the `generous' balcony that one of the Agents (I think its Home-run) was trying to put it so nicely, its crazy coz its such a waste of space so much so that it makes the room and livable space much smaller than what the developer would like you to believe in. I mean 1,500 psf for 3-bedder sounds spacious but the rooms are so small due to the wasted huge balcony that its closer to 1,100 sqf. But hey, the develppers want us to pay $1,000 psf for the additional 400 sqf??!! That's why I think they are nuts. Right price to me is if want to charge $1,000 psf, then charge base on 1,100sqf of livable space. If want to charge the balcony as well, then to me a reasonable asking px is $733psf.

Well, the market is definitely down and I'm glad I didnt buy into all the spin doctor stories from developers, property marketing agencies and some agents. Long term, yes, there is definitely potential but timing is important and I had held the believe that the past 18 mths just wasnt the right time to buy, especially since I'm buying for investment. Long term, short term doesnt matter, to me timing wasnt right. Some agents try to reason that if buying for long-term, its ok, but if in the short term can buy cheaper (which is already happening and I believe will decline further), why noy enter later?

I will buy when market has dropped @ least 20% from current px or when more properties has TOP in 2010 and if the rental yield then of the property I'm eyeing is commanding @ least 3% after interests.
    You just tan ku ku lah,everyone buying at $1000psf why should they sell to you below????? If they cannot hold than they won't buy now in the 1st place,
    you just keep dreaming ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered144
    You just tan ku ku lah,everyone buying at $1000psf why should they sell to you below????? If they cannot hold than they won't buy now in the 1st place,
    you just keep dreaming ok.
    Say all u want but seriously, I dun really care if they continue to sell at $1000 psf or not coz I have already written off this project or rather this area. I have said before there are better buys in other areas for me to spend my money if I want to invest in Sg property now.

I already have a roof over my head so I'm not in desperate need to buy and with stock valuations plunging, I do not have shortage of investments products out there to choose either besides properties.

Cheapo DW Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    DOnt need to compare, as will be benefit those who stay sideline and BUy at lower price (recession on Global crisis)later for those who flip.

Wait till interest of borrow less than 1% then slowly pick your place.
    Wahaha good one hunter..i love your last statement!

He's a cheapo with no buying power asking all round the forum..propertyhunter dun need to reply him,simply waste of time..

Cheapo DW Guest

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    Hi guys,
    I wonder if anyone here has any new pricing information. I went to visit one of the apartments there and the owner quoted a price of above 1100psf for a particular (which in my opinion, is not the best level or unit facing in any case) unit.

Surprisingly, my agent actually advised me against the pricing and made an interesting observation.

There is a total of 50+ units at Grandhill. As of end July, there are a total of 76 transactions recorded at the REALIS system (including the original sales from developer). This implies, approximately, 50% of the units have been resaled once. Out of the 76 transactions recorded, only 3 transactions are above 1000psf and none were above 1050psf.

The proposed pricing of 1150psf (for a unit which is not the best facing or level, at least in my opinion) would appears to be a record high for this development (highest ever recorded) in what seems to be a downward sloping market.

Food for thought ??
    u stay HDB betta lah..

Property Market here still OK. Many good news coming soon.

??? Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Acivilian
    Property Market here still OK. Many good news coming soon.
    What good news?

Default Case in point: Anonymous forummer behind a veil of anonymity

Quote Originally Posted by Cheapo DW
    u stay HDB betta lah..

Dear Cheapo,
    I mean no offense nor any insinuating intentions to refer you to the above, but, simply out of respect of the name and address which you have decided what is right apt and appropriate for your goodself.

I must applaud you for your comments in what appears to be remarkably intelligent, well-thought out, clearly presented ideas and substantiated claims/argument herein.

I enjoy the conversations here in this forum, particularly with intellect individuals like your goodself, often sharing highly reasoned comments rooted with solid arguments. Your laudable contributions have proven to belong to an highly intellectual, sophisticatedly well reasoned, almost always without fail, support your claims and views on grounded observations, facts in a most constructive manner. Your contribution clearly stands out from those whom comes in the forums with the intent of making (in the likes of annoying flies whom would probably swing by your ears only sufficient to make annoyance to one on a hot outdoor afternoon and often wondered if these pests do have any meanings in life or constructive role in environment you work in. Having said this, flies do have a role in the food chain and perhaps by the grace of nature, annoyance and apparent silly ignorance, much to the fact their primary motive appears to be buzzing around the community which it operates in itself is an role) nuisance and non-constructive discussions, reflecting the frustrations and inadequate reconciliation within their inner selves coping with an argument which they cannot stand up to (refer to Inadequately Frustrated below).

Bringing this point forward, I should perhaps highlight how impactful and different your contribution has been as compared to perhaps another group of contributors whom comes in,
    (i) one-liners and
    (ii) glaringly accusatory statements but unsubstantiated,
    (iii) often hidding behind anonymous identities for the avoidance responsibility for the comments they have made,

whom I can only make certain guess of their intentions and, most importantly, but sadly their thought process incapability in articulation.

Please do not get me wrong as it is not the intention of any persons herein and certainly not my intention, to downplay or downcast such contributions/persons or such perceived and what appears to be a lacking in articulation (capability) to a specific accusation. I can understand their frustrations within themselves, and their inadequacy and thus leading to such socially intolerant behaviour. It is not unusual when one is not able to reason or form a cohesive argument for their case, particularly when knowing the end appears to be near for their stand and stance (which might also explain the reason, they would often avoid being identified, in what they already know themselves to be a futile struggle and fight they have to put up themselves but not knowing how to defend the same)-its at times, a form of defence mechanism and almost comes in the following fashion:-

1. Make glaring statements about a certain view
    2. Not able to substantiate or support such views
    3. For avoidance of responsibility, one would also often try to "hide" behind the veil of anonymity, without specific recognition or ability to identify to itself (i.e. by means of anonymous login)
    4. Guerrilla tactics (hitting and hiding away, again, almost most effective when deployed in connection with Pt. 1,2 and 3 above).

Again, I applause you for your superior contributions to this forum for which you clearly do not belong to the above category ("Inadequately Frustrated").

So, what is the point of my writing in so far as is in concerned with this forum?

I have observed there are varied groups of people and persons, as one would certainly unsurprisingly expect. Whilst the primary intention (as far as I am aware of) is to share views and thoughts on a certain property, they do come in various guises, which is not particularly out of line or completely malicious in nature. Perhaps at this juncture, I would like to clarify as a matter of record, I am not an agent by profession (someone else has asked the same question on my profession in such relevant thread which I have contributed on the same). Whilst agents may, to some extent but not always the case, have such relevant vested interest as certain persons may have deemed them to be, their contributions and provision of information have also benefitted many in the forum. For those keenly interested ones amongst us, certainly should not deny that.

In my own opinion, we should try to embrace the diversity of forrummers in this community and even certainly more so for the Inadequately Frustrated (which brings me to the next point). Again, I stress my intention is to not to outcast and ostracise the Inadequately Frustrated.

In fact, I urge everyone in our community herein to be more tolerant, patient and supportive towards our fellow Inadequately Frustrated forummers. They are probably undergoing tremendous stress and inner reconciliation with themselves. Think about your school days or child's day at school: there are days where certain child whom lapses on certain discussion or argument or not being able to get things the way they want -> they jumped into a string of unreasonable and unreasoned behaviours but at the same time also tried to hide and distance itself from such illogical behaviours. This is a defence mechanism particularly, when one understands its futile to fight reason and its inability to persist a argument which he/she cannot stand up and would eventually fail. Children do that all the time, by the same token, some people do that too. Inadequately Frustrated do as well.

We should embrace such behaviours of Inadquately Frustrated with care and empathy. Let's all try to understand they have their inner frustrations, they have their inner difficulties which, unfortunately might never be known to others out of their inner thoughts and inner struggles. Most are in denial of such certain behaviours and continue to engage in such defence mechanisms and socially feared behaviours.

We can only pray and hope support for them will befall soon and hopefully, they will be able to spiral outwards of the vicious cycle and resume to normality in good time.

I thank Cheapo for your contribution. A case in point.

u stay HDB betta lah..
    Dear Cheapo,

It remains unclear to how does your statement connects with my views presented above. It is my goal to share my views based on grounded statistics and verifiable facts. In making my opinion, I form it on the basis of market data.

I understand your frustration within yourself and I also observe the deliberation in you with an unidentifiable identity, which I can empathise the reason(s) that might be driving it.

I wish you well and pray for your speedy recovery to normality.

Question Guest

u stay HDB betta lah..
    Stay in HDB and make lots of money from rental? What for?