Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789141924 ... LastLast

Thread: The Centris @ Jurong Point

Centris Lvoer Guest

Thumbs up I am in

Quote Originally Posted by Super Husky
    Who is also thinking of covering the planter area with outdoors timber planks? Maybe we can do it mass with contractor too.

If there are more ppl interested in the sycamore fans, we can go down and purchase together for better price too. Anyway, still a long time to go so now is just sourcing for some preliminary ideas and models only.
    Count me in for the bulk purchase for the timber planks and sycamore fans.

stop it Guest

Default centris stop

can u all stop collaborating but give views like in this forum please

Count me in! Guest

Thumbs up

Count me in too for the bulk purchase for the timber planks. As suggested, we can hv those interested to join in. Good idea !!!

Centris Owner Guest

Question Centris

Did anyone look at the recent transacted price of Centris? It is really under price, Jus wonder y? Why Lakeshore can fetch such gd pricing with not much selling value (fr my point).

Jou Guest

Thumbs up bulk purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Count me in!
    Count me in too for the bulk purchase for the timber planks. As suggested, we can hv those interested to join in. Good idea !!!
    Blk 75, timber planks and sycamore fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Centris Owner
    Did anyone look at the recent transacted price of Centris? It is really under price, Jus wonder y? Why Lakeshore can fetch such gd pricing with not much selling value (fr my point).
    Hi bro......pls be patient! Centris & the extension shopping mall are still under construction.....we'll see price increase when the shopping mall is open this year & Centris abt to TOP next year.

Hi Bro

in fact if you see the transacted prices, you can see the price increase gradually despite the current market sentiment, I would say it is still ok.

Once TOP, I believe the price will definitely increase due to its amenities, I believe Lakeshore selling point is its beautiful landscape, if Centris can make a nice landscape, I do not see the reason why the price will not shoot up. My agent told me Centris still got lots of ppl enquire, he told me this project is quite hot at this moment, I believe there are still quite a number of ppl waiting to buy at the right price, especially those HDB upgraders.

Hi kongming.......

Yes, many people are waiting for property price to fall...so they can come into the market...

to cheapskates out there Guest

wait long long to grab a cheap bargain. The mkt mite slowdown a little but will nt plunge.
    Quote Originally Posted by w13ng
    Hi kongming.......

Yes, many people are waiting for property price to fall...so they can come into the market...

Mysterious Guest

I do agreed wif Kongming. Actual TOP is actually 2012. But of cause all expect early completion hopefully in 09. Those desperate to move into a condo would definitely have no choice but to buy exisiting projects. There are still quite a no. of units unsold in lakeshore as i drove pass everyday. Its existing unit price still tag at $750psf (from the banner). I'll rather choose lakeholmz if i had a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious
    I do agreed wif Kongming. Actual TOP is actually 2012. But of cause all expect early completion hopefully in 09. Those desperate to move into a condo would definitely have no choice but to buy exisiting projects. There are still quite a no. of units unsold in lakeshore as i drove pass everyday. Its existing unit price still tag at $750psf (from the banner). I'll rather choose lakeholmz if i had a choice.
    Yes Mysterious, my intention is to buy Lakeshore initially as it is much nearer to my parents place, however I spent some effort to check around the price, view those units that want to sell, it is either too expensive or facing not good, after some considerations I give up and rather buy Centris, here are my reasons:

1) Better amenities than LS
    2) PSF still cheaper than LS
    3) Centris are much nearer to MRT station than LS
    4) Buying a brand new unit

Hence, got to patiently wait for it to TOP now.....

wrong move Guest

Default remember location

what u said is false, lakeshore has good view still centris is on top of shopping centre, ask u have u checked which condo on top of shopping centre does well?

also mrt , u really think it is nearer wait till u see the morning crowd at JP , all workers!

ABC Guest

Talking Dirty Pond

Quote Originally Posted by wrong move
    what u said is false, lakeshore has good view still centris is on top of shopping centre, ask u have u checked which condo on top of shopping centre does well?

also mrt , u really think it is nearer wait till u see the morning crowd at JP , all workers!
    The dirty pond in front of lakeshore u called it good view?

Hi Bro

Im not condemning LS, in fact, LS is a very nice project and I like it as well, just that its quite pricey, and the developer had done well to keep the price high.

And you are right, currently no condo on top of shopping centre does well, the only one that I forsee will do well should be the upcoming ION in Orchard road, and the other one that exists should be in Compass Heights in Sengkang.

Centris is for suburban market, hence at this PSF that Im paying, I still think it is worth it, I do forsee in the future such concepts are getting common in Singapore, even Clementi is building a HDB on top on a air-con bus interchange, such concepts should be getting popular for a Metropolis like Singapore, I do see the potential of Centris in the future though, even if I need to rent out my flat, I would think it is so much easier than others. This is just my vision and two cents worth.

aloha Guest

I intially was looking at centris also but later drop the idea because I foresee it will be hard to sell in future. The reasons being 1) there is just too many units there 600+ 2) i will be competing with HDB around JP and why would someone want to buy centris if they can buy a HDB across from JP and yet still enjoy the same convenient as people staying in the centris at a much lower price. Even in terms of rental I will also be competing with all the HDBs around it.

Quote Originally Posted by kongming
    Hi Bro

Im not condemning LS, in fact, LS is a very nice project and I like it as well, just that its quite pricey, and the developer had done well to keep the price high.

And you are right, currently no condo on top of shopping centre does well, the only one that I forsee will do well should be the upcoming ION in Orchard road, and the other one that exists should be in Compass Heights in Sengkang.

Centris is for suburban market, hence at this PSF that Im paying, I still think it is worth it, I do forsee in the future such concepts are getting common in Singapore, even Clementi is building a HDB on top on a air-con bus interchange, such concepts should be getting popular for a Metropolis like Singapore, I do see the potential of Centris in the future though, even if I need to rent out my flat, I would think it is so much easier than others. This is just my vision and two cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by aloha
    I intially was looking at centris also but later drop the idea because I foresee it will be hard to sell in future. The reasons being 1) there is just too many units there 600+ 2) i will be competing with HDB around JP and why would someone want to buy centris if they can buy a HDB across from JP and yet still enjoy the same convenient as people staying in the centris at a much lower price. Even in terms of rental I will also be competing with all the HDBs around it.
    Hi

I beg to differ, all suburban private property are surrounded by HDB, and if you are comparing both, i think it will be better for you to stay in HDB, as its really just too comfortable in HDB in terms of price difference.

Why I stay in Centris is bcos I wanted the amenities at the same time having a more private area, and having a big swimming pool below with full of facilities as well, moreover, distance to MRT and Jurong Point, no HDB is nearer than Centris

Smile

Hi

Why I stay in Centris is bcos I wanted the amenities at the same time having a more private area, and having a big swimming pool below with full of facilities as well, moreover, distance to MRT and Jurong Point, no HDB is nearer than Centris
    Precisely! I think all of us having the same views like what kongming mention, conveniency n privacy!

Yes......fully agreed lets wait for TOP

Thank you to the Bros here for your support! Look forward to be neighbours in Centris!

RainbowGal Guest

Hi

I beg to differ, all suburban private property are surrounded by HDB, and if you are comparing both, i think it will be better for you to stay in HDB, as its really just too comfortable in HDB in terms of price difference.

Hi Kong Ming,

I agreed with wat u said ...... Cheers!!

Lets look forward for our 1st BBQ there & supper together at nite or maybe, in the middle of the nite... Ha !!

We dun even need to worry abt raining, as our condo is right above the shopping centres..Yipee!

both are good fruits! Guest

Default why compare apple and orange?

Bro, don't be so worked up. it's true lakeshore got better views generally and located in the upcoming Jurong Lake District, but I have to say centris really has better amenities and shopping environment. MRT is just across the road from lakeshore, but unfortunately no shelter, unlike centris even though you r right about the foreign workers crowd. Some like it this way, others like it the other way, so let's not argue. Why fight over differences between an apple and an orange? Both are nice fruits so just enjoy them!

Super Husky Guest

My turn to share why i bought centris.

I bought the last 6th unit so the price is quite ex and dun have the choice of my facing. But no regrets. Have not heard of centris b4, was just kaypoh going with my fren to ssll as he was the one who wanted to buy.

When i reached there, i was immediately sold by the idea of it just being a lift from the interchange, shopping centre and MRT. The idea of parking rebates was good too. My mom was always nagging how nice it will be to stay next to interchange where everything is within reach.

Ended up i purchase the unit rather than my fren. My mom and I are looking forward to stay there despite the many negative comments here.

Unreg123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowGal
    Hi Kong Ming,

Lets look forward for our 1st BBQ there & supper together at nite or maybe, in the middle of the nite... Ha !!

We dun even need to worry abt raining, as our condo is right above the shopping centres..Yipee!
    Yea ... condo above the shopping centre but also lots of RSAF jet planes flying above the condo. How to sleep properly? Can't even make a proper phone call with the loud roars overhead happening several times an hour.

Super Husky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowGal
    Hi Kong Ming,

Am looking forward to the first midnight movie there, then
    just take the lift home

Right Move Guest

I agree lakeshore has very very very nice water features.
    Was wowed by the lakeshore water features view personally.

However, If no condo above shopping centre does well,
    then i wonder who are the ones paying 30 million dollars for 1 penthouse in orchard residences above the coming ION.
    It is THE MOST EXPENSIVE leasehold property in Singapore.

Orchard is also filled with foreign workers every weekends. Does it mean
    that it is unsuccessful? Any, the dormitories in JW will be relocated in 2009/2010 so the number of workers there will be drastically reduced.

Anyway, i have flexible working hours so packed MRT stations at ALL stations in Singapore doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Unreg123
    Yea ... condo above the shopping centre but also lots of RSAF jet planes flying above the condo. How to sleep properly? Can't even make a proper phone call with the loud roars overhead happening several times an hour.
    You must be sleeping and making phone call together in the day as I never heard or seen any jets flew during late night, its best for you not to stay in Jurong area, as our skies are indeed protected by these hawks.

Super Husky Guest

By the way, are there any wet markets and hawker centres near JP?
    I am not very familiar with Boon Lay area.

Yes i know there will beNTUC Xtra and 24 hr food court but my mum
    will prefer those wet markets and i myself prefer outdoor hawker food occasionally as compared to food court.

If so, at which blk huh so i can check it out in streetdb.

Y worry? Guest

Thumbs up Jet flying above The Centris

I've shifted near Jurong Point fr far east Tampines 3yrs back. Didn't realised abt the Jet flying above our HDB until we stayed in. Was worried abt the noise will wakes up my son of 1yr old during afternoon nap as this will only happens during the day (only weekday). Surprisingly he was not being bothered by the noise at all and when I had my 2nd boy this was also not an issue at all. So Y worry? At times my boys will run to the window and try to catch the Jet when they flew over, even my friends' daughter did the same. Infact they enjoyed it very much

@@ Guest

shud have stuck to tampines as jurong is a waste of time
    Quote Originally Posted by Y worry?
    I've shifted near Jurong Point fr far east Tampines 3yrs back. Didn't realised abt the Jet flying above our HDB until we stayed in. Was worried abt the noise will wakes up my son of 1yr old during afternoon nap as this will only happens during the day (only weekday). Surprisingly he was not being bothered by the noise at all and when I had my 2nd boy this was also not an issue at all. So Y worry? At times my boys will run to the window and try to catch the Jet when they flew over, even my friends' daughter did the same. Infact they enjoyed it very much

Quote Originally Posted by Y worry?
    Fully agreed with u bro! my HDB is just beside JP @ blk 664....my 2 girls (1.5yrs & 3yrs) were not bothered by the noise too, & the jet noise only last less than a mins.

As my family really enjoyed shopping @ JP...that y we decided to purchase a unit @ Centris.