Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Suites (D11, Freehold, Koh Brothers / Heeton / KSH / Lian Beng)

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Quote Originally Posted by [B
    andy[/b]]Go find an overseas institutional investor to buy all the 1BRs of Lincoln suites. That's will start the ball rolling.

If not I don't see a mad rush since rentals are still quite depressed.
    OK. Let's see if there is one or two of them for CCR Lincoln Suites' 1BRs.

There's no need to worry about OCR and some of RCR since they are taken care of by HDB flats.
    What "one or two of them"? 1BRs will sell out before Usain Bolt can sneeze.

It's the 3BRs and 4BRs that may have problem selling and need institutional investors to "start the ball rolling".

Remember Illuminaire @ Devonshire which sold out on preview day? Most of their units are 441 sf to 635 sf.
    Last edited by jlrx; 2nd October 2009 at 01:27 AM.

Exactly, small units are the ones that will go first as investors can decide and commit on their choice units based on floor plans, location and overall quantum price of the units even before viewing the showflat. For prime districts, studios will be in the range of 1-1.2+mil depending on location...some can even be as attractive as 7xx-800+k....so psf does not really matter anymore in this case...its location location location......

moreover, rental yields for small size units will be most likely above the 5% range or even closer to that aspect as overall quantum not so high...
    that is my personal perspective

Est launch date will be most likely 4th wk of Oct....if anyone of you folks are keen in this proj, do feel free to contact me @ 81835132 / Email : [email protected]

I'm in the marketing agency for Lincoln Suites. Thx and cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx

It's the 3BRs and 4BRs that may have problem selling and need institutional investors to "start the ball rolling".

Remember Illuminaire @ Devonshire which sold out on preview day? Most of their units are 441 sf to 635 sf.
    At $2000psf do you think the 1BRs will fly out of the shelves? Let's see

Quote Originally Posted by home-run

moreover, rental yields for small size units will be most likely above the 5% range or even closer to that aspect as overall quantum not so high...
    that is my personal perspective
    What are you talking about 5% yields?

$5psf rental at $2000psf buying price is only 3%.

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    At $2000psf do you think the 1BRs will fly out of the shelves? Let's see
    If D14 Mickey Mouses can sell between $1,450 and $1,650 psf, perhaps D11 MMs can sell at $2,000 psf?

I was laughing at [email protected] just yesterday and today I was proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by xtink, Suites @ Guillemard, 15 hours ago
    smallest at 258 sqft (actually beats me how small is this)
    lowest px, 4xxk

assume 400k ==> 1550psf!

no wonder prices are seen to be increasing everywhere lor. thinking back, i was laughing at those small units at Alexis selling at 1000psf, now those are the smart ones while i'm stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi, Suites @ Guillemard, 45 mnutes ago
    258sf price was from 375k. Just went to the showflat cram full of agents. Still got some 1BR and PH. All the 258sf sold out liao haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    If D14 Mickey Mouses can sell between $1,450 and $1,650 psf, perhaps D11 MMs can sell at $2,000 psf?

I was laughing at [email protected] just yesterday and today I was proven wrong.
    Yes. If they can convert the 500sqft to 250sqft, maybe they can sell D11 at $2500psf. Imagine a 16x16 feet pigeon hole?

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx

Maybe the big boys have started their balls rolling?
    Let's give them some time?

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge

Luxury apartments for $7 million
    The Edge
    Monday, 28 September 2009

In the latest caveats for the week of Aug 28 to Sept 4, there were four transactions for apartments in the $7 million range, mainly for existing freehold projects in the luxury prime districts of 9 and 10.

One is a 3,477 sq ft second-floor unit at the 32-year-old Nassim Mansion, a luxury freehold 72-unit development on Nassim Hill in a neighbourhood of Good Class Bungalows. It was sold for $7.5 million ($2,157 psf), according to a caveat lodged with URA Realis on Sept 3. The previous owner had purchased it for $7.45 million ($2,143 psf) just two years ago, according to a transaction in May 2007. The owner who had sold him the unit made a 58.5% gain as he had purchased it just a year earlier for $4.7 million ($1,352 psf). The seller himself had made a 68% gain as he in turn had purchased it for $2.8 million ($805 psf) in September 2001. This apartment has changed hands four times in eight years.

At Ardmore Park, which is still the bellwether for luxury projects, resale prices are once again at the $2,500 psf level. Most recently, a sixth-floor unit was sold for $7.2 million ($2,496 psf). This unit last changed hands in early 2007 for $6.3 million ($2,184 psf), thus providing the seller a 13.89% gain in over two years. The first owner bought the project at launch in 1997 for $5.14 million ($1,783 psf).

At Grange Residences, a 10th-floor, 2,852 sq ft unit recently sold for $7 million ($2,454 psf), giving the previous owner a 37% upside from his initial purchase price of $5.1 million ($1,788 psf) in 2006. Prior to that, the unit was purchased from the developer at launch for $3.59 million ($1,259 psf) in July 2004. This means the owner made a 42% gain from the sale in just two years.

Meanwhile, the St Thomas Suites twin tower, a 176-unit luxury condo at the top of St Thomas Walk off River Valley Road, is expected to receive its temporary occupation permit by end-2010. Developer Frasers Centrepoint Ltd launched the condo in early 2007 and it was fully sold within a few months. A 29th-floor, five bedroom 4,672 sq ft unit was sold in a sub-sale for $7.95 million ($1,702 psf) at end-August. However, this was 17.6% below the initial price, as according to a caveat lodged in April 2007, the previous owner had purchased the apartment at launch for $9.1 million ($1,949 psf).

let me be the bad guy here again. i expect poor response for lincoln suites. it will be a sell down, let down, whatever you call it. share prices of the consortium of koh brothers, lian beng and ksh just broke down today, heeton on the verge of doing so.

Judging from the trend, if Lincoln Suites can restructure all into mickey mouse units, it can be a sell out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is better Lincoln Suites or Newton Suites?

Newton Suites (FH)
    TOP end 2007
    Average Launch Price $845psf
    Number of units: 118 36floors
    Land area: around 40,000sqft?
    Asking Price: around $1600-1700psf
    Award winning design & bringing the outdoors inside

Lincoln Suites (FH)
    expected TOP 2015
    Twin 30 stories tower
    24 floor Sky gym and recreation
    175 units