Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Suites (D11, Freehold, Koh Brothers / Heeton / KSH / Lian Beng)

Quote Originally Posted by home-run
    est psf should be around 1850-2000+psf...even if exceed 2000psf...should not be too way off otherwise ppl will rather buy cairnhill area....ultimately the overall quantum for the small units should be attractive enough for investors looking for a gd rental yield investment in this area...will keep u guys updated once i get more updates from developer most prob next wk.

Cheers =)
    I don't know what you mean by small units. The 3 bedroom units range from 1590 to 2500 sqft.

Quote Originally Posted by Localite
    I don't know what you mean by small units. The 3 bedroom units range from 1590 to 2500 sqft.
    Small units are the studios of 527sqft.

Are the 2 bedders of 1000sqft still being planned?

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

est psf should be around 1850-2000+psf...even if exceed 2000psf...should not be too way off otherwise ppl will rather buy cairnhill area....ultimately the overall quantum for the small units should be attractive enough for investors looking for a gd rental yield investment in this area...will keep u guys updated once i get more updates from developer most prob next wk.

Cheers =)
    Seems like CCR is rising more than the rest now.
    Perhaps we should really re-focus on CCR (e.g. D11 Lincoln Suites)?

Quote Originally Posted by The Business Times

URA's private home prices indices surge in Q3
    Kalpana Rashiwala
    The Business Times
    Thursday, 1 October 2009

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA)'s price index for private homes jumped 15.9% in the third quarter of 2009 compared with the preceding quarter, according to a flash estimate released on Thursday.

This follows a 4.7% quarter-on-quarter decline in the widely watched index in Q2.

URA also released flash estimates of the price changes in the three geographical regions for third quarter 2009. Prices of non-landed private residential properties increased by 16.2% quarter on quarter in the Core Central Region (CCR), 19.1% in Rest of Central Region and 15.4% in Outside Central Region in Q3.

In contrast, for Q2 2009, the price indices for non-landed private homes dipped 5.2% in Core Central Region, 4.4% in Rest of Central Region and 2.3% in Outside Central Region.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Seems like CCR is rising more than the rest now.
    Perhaps we should really re-focus on CCR (e.g. D11 Lincoln Suites)?
    Why do you think CCR will rise more now? For RCR, the rise is supported by HDB resale. What is or will be supporting this rise in the CCR?

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    Why do you think CCR will rise more now? For RCR, the rise is supported by HDB resale. What is or will be supporting this rise in the CCR?
    Perhaps OCR is for HDB resale, CCR is for hot money and RCR is for both?

Maybe the time is ripe for the hot money to spur into action?

Where is RCR and what are the possible developments?

Does anyone know how is
    CCR
    RCR
    OCR
    categorised? Is it grouped together based on district or ... ???

Is Sentosa considered CCR or RCR ??

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner

Go find an overseas institutional investor to buy all the 1BRs of Lincoln suites. That's will start the ball rolling.

If not I don't see a mad rush since rentals are still quite depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Go find an overseas institutional investor to buy all the 1BRs of Lincoln suites. That's will start the ball rolling.

OK. Let's see if there is one or two of them for CCR Lincoln Suites' 1BRs.

There's no need to worry about OCR and some of RCR since they are taken care of by HDB flats.

Quote Originally Posted by PropNex

HDB price index maintains steady climb
    PropNex
    Thursday, 1 Oct 2009

HDB’s resale price index (RPI) flash estimate of 144.7 for the third quarter of 2009 continues setting a new record high for the RPI.

PropNex CEO Mohamed Ismail attributes this growth to the greater demand for resale flats in recent months.

"Looking at our transactions for the past few months, we have seen a return of higher COVs (cash-over-valuation)," says Mr Ismail, “which is clear evidence of a rising demand for resale flats.”

However, he maintains that only growth increases of 2–3% are sustainable, and does not expect to see any variation in this for the next few quarters.

Adds Mr Ismail: "This increase is actually good news for HDB owners as it provides them with the prime opportunity to upgrade their property or simply gain cash from selling their existing flat."

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    andy[/b]]Go find an overseas institutional investor to buy all the 1BRs of Lincoln suites. That's will start the ball rolling.

OK. Let's see if there is one or two of them for CCR Lincoln Suites' 1BRs.

There's no need to worry about OCR and some of RCR since they are taken care of by HDB flats.
    What "one or two of them"? 1BRs will sell out before Usain Bolt can sneeze.

It's the 3BRs and 4BRs that may have problem selling and need institutional investors to "start the ball rolling".

Remember Illuminaire @ Devonshire which sold out on preview day? Most of their units are 441 sf to 635 sf.
    Last edited by jlrx; 02-10-09 at 00:27.

Exactly, small units are the ones that will go first as investors can decide and commit on their choice units based on floor plans, location and overall quantum price of the units even before viewing the showflat. For prime districts, studios will be in the range of 1-1.2+mil depending on location...some can even be as attractive as 7xx-800+k....so psf does not really matter anymore in this case...its location location location......

moreover, rental yields for small size units will be most likely above the 5% range or even closer to that aspect as overall quantum not so high...
    that is my personal perspective

Est launch date will be most likely 4th wk of Oct....if anyone of you folks are keen in this proj, do feel free to contact me @ 81835132 / Email : [email protected]

I'm in the marketing agency for Lincoln Suites. Thx and cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx

It's the 3BRs and 4BRs that may have problem selling and need institutional investors to "start the ball rolling".

Remember Illuminaire @ Devonshire which sold out on preview day? Most of their units are 441 sf to 635 sf.
    At $2000psf do you think the 1BRs will fly out of the shelves? Let's see

moreover, rental yields for small size units will be most likely above the 5% range or even closer to that aspect as overall quantum not so high...
    that is my personal perspective
    What are you talking about 5% yields?

$5psf rental at $2000psf buying price is only 3%.

At $2000psf do you think the 1BRs will fly out of the shelves? Let's see
    If D14 Mickey Mouses can sell between $1,450 and $1,650 psf, perhaps D11 MMs can sell at $2,000 psf?

I was laughing at Suites@Guillemard just yesterday and today I was proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by xtink, Suites @ Guillemard, 15 hours ago
    smallest at 258 sqft (actually beats me how small is this)
    lowest px, 4xxk

assume 400k ==> 1550psf!

no wonder prices are seen to be increasing everywhere lor. thinking back, i was laughing at those small units at Alexis selling at 1000psf, now those are the smart ones while i'm stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi, Suites @ Guillemard, 45 mnutes ago
    258sf price was from 375k. Just went to the showflat cram full of agents. Still got some 1BR and PH. All the 258sf sold out liao haha.

If D14 Mickey Mouses can sell between $1,450 and $1,650 psf, perhaps D11 MMs can sell at $2,000 psf?

I was laughing at Suites@Guillemard just yesterday and today I was proven wrong.
    Yes. If they can convert the 500sqft to 250sqft, maybe they can sell D11 at $2500psf. Imagine a 16x16 feet pigeon hole?

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx

Maybe the big boys have started their balls rolling?
    Let's give them some time?

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge

Luxury apartments for $7 million
    The Edge
    Monday, 28 September 2009

In the latest caveats for the week of Aug 28 to Sept 4, there were four transactions for apartments in the $7 million range, mainly for existing freehold projects in the luxury prime districts of 9 and 10.

One is a 3,477 sq ft second-floor unit at the 32-year-old Nassim Mansion, a luxury freehold 72-unit development on Nassim Hill in a neighbourhood of Good Class Bungalows. It was sold for $7.5 million ($2,157 psf), according to a caveat lodged with URA Realis on Sept 3. The previous owner had purchased it for $7.45 million ($2,143 psf) just two years ago, according to a transaction in May 2007. The owner who had sold him the unit made a 58.5% gain as he had purchased it just a year earlier for $4.7 million ($1,352 psf). The seller himself had made a 68% gain as he in turn had purchased it for $2.8 million ($805 psf) in September 2001. This apartment has changed hands four times in eight years.

At Ardmore Park, which is still the bellwether for luxury projects, resale prices are once again at the $2,500 psf level. Most recently, a sixth-floor unit was sold for $7.2 million ($2,496 psf). This unit last changed hands in early 2007 for $6.3 million ($2,184 psf), thus providing the seller a 13.89% gain in over two years. The first owner bought the project at launch in 1997 for $5.14 million ($1,783 psf).

At Grange Residences, a 10th-floor, 2,852 sq ft unit recently sold for $7 million ($2,454 psf), giving the previous owner a 37% upside from his initial purchase price of $5.1 million ($1,788 psf) in 2006. Prior to that, the unit was purchased from the developer at launch for $3.59 million ($1,259 psf) in July 2004. This means the owner made a 42% gain from the sale in just two years.

Meanwhile, the St Thomas Suites twin tower, a 176-unit luxury condo at the top of St Thomas Walk off River Valley Road, is expected to receive its temporary occupation permit by end-2010. Developer Frasers Centrepoint Ltd launched the condo in early 2007 and it was fully sold within a few months. A 29th-floor, five bedroom 4,672 sq ft unit was sold in a sub-sale for $7.95 million ($1,702 psf) at end-August. However, this was 17.6% below the initial price, as according to a caveat lodged in April 2007, the previous owner had purchased the apartment at launch for $9.1 million ($1,949 psf).

let me be the bad guy here again. i expect poor response for lincoln suites. it will be a sell down, let down, whatever you call it. share prices of the consortium of koh brothers, lian beng and ksh just broke down today, heeton on the verge of doing so.

Judging from the trend, if Lincoln Suites can restructure all into mickey mouse units, it can be a sell out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is better Lincoln Suites or Newton Suites?

Newton Suites (FH)
    TOP end 2007
    Average Launch Price $845psf
    Number of units: 118 36floors
    Land area: around 40,000sqft?
    Asking Price: around $1600-1700psf
    Award winning design & bringing the outdoors inside

Lincoln Suites (FH)
    expected TOP 2015
    Twin 30 stories tower
    24 floor Sky gym and recreation
    175 units
    Land area: around 60,000sqft
    Pricing around $1700psf to $1900psf or more

i'd vote for newton suites anytime.

Which is better Lincoln Suites or Newton Suites?

Newton Suites (FH)
    TOP end 2007

Lincoln Suites (FH)
    expected TOP 2015
    Twin 30 stories tower
    175 units

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i'd vote for newton suites anytime.
    Can you provide your reasons or arguments? thanks

wht abt ur views. thks

Purely from an investment perspective, the difference in quantum already cannot be justified. Newton Suites 2 bedder 797sq ft, Lincoln Suites at 1033 to 1076sq ft. On closer look at the floor plan of Lincoln Suites, a lot of the difference is big balcony and planter in both the living and master bedroom. bay windows in both the bedrooms + kitchen and bath 2 and in lving room beside a glass window which faces the wall of a bedroom! Another planter in master bath! huge air con ledge. now, assuming u buy both at 1700psf, newton suites cost you 1.355m. Lincoln suites cost you 1.756m. Granted, you get a bigger second bedroom, other than that, is everything that i stated above worth 400k? and i am only taking max price for newton suites and min. price for lincoln suites. developer really doing everything to maximise earnings from their overpaid site! i don't even want to talk about the 3 bedder comparison but i think you get the idea.

Newton Suites (FH)
    TOP end 2007

Lincoln Suites (FH)
    expected TOP 2015
    Twin 30 stories tower
    175 units

If I may answer on behalf of our Bro.
    Firstly its design by the famous WOHA.
    Of course that doesn't mean anything if its badly design.

But take a walk inside and you will know the difference.
    The lift, the mashing in of greens with the concrete, the outstanding exterior (more than one time hearing colleagues asking what's the name of the beautiful condo besides GoldHill Plaza).

Go into the apartment, realised that the space (happen to see 1238sf) is not huge (bay window of course) but everything is very proportional and thus you dun really feel the cramness in most of the other project.

Go to level 6 where the swimming pool is and again space is very efficiently utilised for such a project with small land space.

A few downside though, cos of the small land space, there's very little room for the kids to run around.

If you drive, the exit out from Khiang huang road (if I remember correctly) might be very challenging.

to add on... newton suites will have view (i think it's the 3bedders facing bukit timah side). lincoln suites - i believe it's blocked from all sides (but i could be wrong).

thanks for the additions. wanted to talk about the awards and the project as you have but got too angry writing about that piece of trash called lincoln suites that i neglected to.

Quote Originally Posted by kali-yuga

The lift, the mashing in of greens with the concrete, the outstanding exterior (more than one time hearing colleagues asking what's the name of the beautiful condo besides GoldHill Plaza).

Go into the apartment, realised that the space (happen to see 1238sf) is not huge (bay window of course) but everything is very proportional and thus you dun really feel the cramness in most of the other project.

Go to level 6 where the swimming pool is and again space is very efficiently utilised for such a project with small land space.

A few downside though, cos of the small land space, there's very little room for the kids to run around.

If you drive, the exit out from Khiang huang road (if I remember correctly) might be very challenging.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Allow me to add on to the downside, in contrary to your opinion, I do really feel the cram of Newton suite because its ceiling is very low ( estimated about 2.1-2.3M range)
    In addition, the whole unit is lack of brightness..the lift entrance is very dark and feel uncomfortable...
    Somemore, there is no proper playground (only three bouncing chairs near the carpark!!)

Quote Originally Posted by kali-yuga

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$
    wht abt ur views. thks
    Thanks for everyone's comments. I have been debating this for a while and these are my observations:

Lincoln suites has larger land area compared to Newton Suites and hence it has more freedom to put facilities and recreations. Lincoln Suites has also the sky garden/gym which seems to be the new trend allowing all residents to enjoy different views from the condo. Lincoln suites will be much quieter compared to Newton Suites. Lincoln lodge is currently almost fully occupied with cheaper renters and it is popular with singles or couples carrying shopping bags from USQ.

The risk is that the Lincoln developers may cut corners since they have bought the land at peak peak $psf to try to recover some of their losses. It is without doubt Newton Suites proved an excellent investment for owners who have bought at $900psf and now riding on the excellent design publicity. In fact regretted not picking up Newton Suites in 2005 because of the potential noise level along newton road.

Looking ahead when Lincoln is TOP at 2014, Newton Suites would be 7 year's old. Well things starts to break down after 5-6 years in a condo in my experience in SG regardless how well it is built. So if I wanted to buy for investment a 1000 sqft in Novena, it is probably worth paying $200psf premium for a new unit. On top of that, the interest on the 45% loan amount is so so low now.

I can see the small units selling really fast if the price is right

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$
    wht abt ur views. thks
    One more thing. This tiny Khiang huang road is going to be problem for both developments. It will only get worse. Already I've noticed USQ is getting more and more busy. Not sure if it is cos there are more shops but definitely more shoppers and kids.