Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Peak @ Balmeg (D5, Freehold, MCL Land)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    Do the units come with baywindows and planters? What is the highest floor for the development? Are amenities easily accessible????????????
    Well curious, jus to answer ur qn...there are absolutely no baywindows in this project which is fantastic...u get ur full size bedroom..

However, the balcony-size is generous...U can make good use of that space however though like planting carpet grass outside ur bedroom...if u unit faces the sea...tt will be quite cool though...if u have dogs...they will have a decent space to roam around.

The plot ratio for Pasir Panjang @ the moment is 1.4. Hence, it is mostly for low-rised condos or apartments. However, as this project is located on a hill, u get pretty decent views like sea view and greenery...u get the exclusiveness and serenity that landed owners enjoy...at the same time, u get full condo facilities to enjoy as well. Lots of water features, reflective pools n greenery around...definitely a nice place to live in. The fact that the future circleline (West Coast MRT) is just right at ur doorstep is an icing to the cake...a sure indication of price appreciation because of accessibility.

Other potential indicators that support this project as a choice investment is that NUS, NTU, the polytechnics are within the vicinity, the future Int'l business hubs are nearby...it's near Science Pk n One North (Biopolis & Fusionpolis)...not forgetting despite located in D05, this location is more to the Southern Part of Sg...u can easily access CBD, Vivocity n future Resorts World @ Sentosa. Location, Location, Location...that's the fundamentals u have to look into when investing in a property. Moreover, this is FREEHOLD land..definitely more assuring.

In my personal opinion, this part of sg is a hidden gem that is awaiting to rise. 180 households is just the right mix n no. Not too many, not too less.
    Address is also nicer compared to nearby projects which have the word Pasir Panjang...this address is eg. 7 Balmeg Hill....sounds elegant =)

Take up rate is assuring so far...most ppl who have seen the finishing are pretty impressed...timber strips finishings in the respective bedrooms...natural marble floor finishings in the living rm...n marble finishes in the bathrm...

Hope that answers ur queries

Latest Updates on New Launch @ Balmeg Hill
    =======================================
    Developer has successfully and officially sold 43 units out of 180 units in 2 DAYS !!! (which is last Sat & Sunday)

Looking @ the rate @ which units are being taken up, this project is bound to make headlines this wkend in the property column in the Straits Times.
    This comes as no surprise as buyers are very happy with quality, location and future prospects of this gem in the Southern Part of Sg~~~

Don't hesitate any longer as this project will be sold out much faster than u think it will be for sure!!! If u need a non-obligatory presentation, I'll be most willing to offer that service to u. May all buyers looking for homes in this part of sg find their dream home soon.
    I can be contacted @ 81835132.
    Alternatively, u can sms/email me @ [email protected] for more enquiries. Will be most glad to answer all further enqueries

I've uploaded basically the entire showflat in my website : http://wilsonlimot.multiply.com

You can virtually view the finishings, models from the comfort of ur computer. It's as good as going to the showflat itself. Enjoy n cheers

(sigh) Guest

the development sounds really good, but too bad, i just bought beacon heights....(sigh). i wish i could buy another unit at balmeg making it my 3rd property but it will be extremely tight for me. you got a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by home-run
    Latest Updates on New Launch @ Balmeg Hill
    =======================================
    Developer has successfully and officially sold 43 units out of 180 units in 2 DAYS !!! (which is last Sat & Sunday)

Looking @ the rate @ which units are being taken up, this project is bound to make headlines this wkend in the property column in the Straits Times.
    This comes as no surprise as buyers are very happy with quality, location and future prospects of this gem in the Southern Part of Sg~~~

Don't hesitate any longer as this project will be sold out much faster than u think it will be for sure!!! If u need a non-obligatory presentation, I'll be most willing to offer that service to u. May all buyers looking for homes in this part of sg find their dream home soon.
    I can be contacted @ 81835132.
    Alternatively, u can sms/email me @ [email protected] for more enquiries. Will be most glad to answer all further enqueries

I've uploaded basically the entire showflat in my website : http://wilsonlimot.multiply.com

You can virtually view the finishings, models from the comfort of ur computer. It's as good as going to the showflat itself. Enjoy n cheers

Quote Originally Posted by (sigh)
    the development sounds really good, but too bad, i just bought beacon heights....(sigh). i wish i could buy another unit at balmeg making it my 3rd property but it will be extremely tight for me. you got a solution?
    Hi sigh, i guess in my personal opinion, u have 2 options :

1. If ur not happy with ur unit, worst case scenario is not to exercise the option so u can so-called get out of the sale. By doing so, you'll be forfeiting 25% of the initial 5% deposit u have put down. If u have not gotten a bank loan yet still not so bad..otherwise for cancellation of bank loan will incur u an extra penalty charge as well. This move will incur u some losses but if ur unhappy with ur purchase, it's better to cut losses than hold on rite?

2. The second option for u is to exercise ur exercise ur option for the sale n purchase. Then do a subsale. This will take time of cos and depending on how fast this project sells out n whether are u able to get the right price to exit on ur property or not.

I'll advise u not to stretch ur budget.
    If u know ur finances are stretched, it's more advisable to stop at the 2nd property then wait for another perfect investment oppportunity to come by

Seems like Most of the unit with seaview all sold out.

don't force yourself Guest

Quote Originally Posted by (sigh)
    Make sure you do your maths. Bank will look at your income and your current outstanding loan (property, car) before deciding on the whether you're successful and your loan terms (10,15,20 or 30 years ).

Also, always ensure that you have sufficient cash/cpf to service at least 6-9mths for your loans.

If you are already stretched, my advise is don't force yourself. Life still goes on with or w/o the 3rd property.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default The Peak @ Balmeg (D5, Freehold, MCL Land)

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...380248/1/.html

Private home buyers cautiously optimistic about Singapore's property sector

By Wong Siew Ying, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 04 October 2008 2015 hrs

The Peak@Balmeg

SINGAPORE: Early estimates show prices of private residential properties fell for the first time in four years in the third quarter. Concerns are that times ahead may be rough.

Still, about one-third of MCL Land's latest mid-range condominium project - The Peak@Balmeg - was snapped up over the last two days during its private launch.

Among the visitors at the launch were Panneer Selvi and her family, who have been shopping for their ideal home.

Over the last four months, they have visited 12 condominium projects, comparing prices, features and home loan packages.

Panneer Selvi said: "We have not made up our mind to buy one, we are checking with the bankers, at the same time looking around for a suitable unit."

Some visitors said they are not overly concerned with negative market sentiments. And with prices of private apartments expected to fall over the next six months, they hope to cash in on a good deal.

Michael Tan, a potential home buyer, said: "I am not plunging into it. Sometimes buying a home, if it's for a home, then there are other considerations other than just pricing alone."

Ronald Wee, a property investor, said: "I do not foresee a slump like in 2003 or 2004. It's just that if you have a good piece of property with a good location and nice view, I guess mid- to long-term is still very promising, especially the IR (integrated resort) is coming up next one to two years."

Wee Hian Woon, a potential home buyer, said: "The market condition is so bad, the financial market is in the news all the time, the general sentiments I think are quite weak, so the feeling is that prices are likely to drop, then go up."

MCL Land said it has yet to decide whether the project will be launched for public sales. The 180-unit project, going for S$1,000 per-square-foot, will be completed in 2011.

Overall, many home hunters are still confident that Singapore will be able to weather the financial crisis and economic slowdown in the US because the country has strong fundamentals in place.

- CNA/ir

CHRONIC FATIGUE. Guest

Some buy according to financial ability. Others are open to being practical.

500psf tsunami coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by TKT
    yes dun forget once property prices discount

your pay also will be discounted

did u every think of that

deregistered Guest

only lousy units left for peak. All seaview units sold out. Also not much amenities around except 18 gates of hell just next door

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by deregistered
    only lousy units left for peak. All seaview units sold out. Also not much amenities around except 18 gates of hell just next door
    So did you worked hard to buy one? Told you to work hard what, didn't I? Everytime don't listen! See what happen now! Still can't afford one!

RegĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TKT
    I know big crowds are rushing to buy HDB flats at $500psf. But still you don't call that a tsunami what!

URA Guest

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2008

Project Name ........ Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Peak @ Balmeg . RCR ........ 47 ............................. 1,147 ............ 1,011 ............ 854

deregistered Guest

maybe u like living near hell but not me
    Quote Originally Posted by UnregĄstered
    So did you worked hard to buy one? Told you to work hard what, didn't I? Everytime don't listen! See what happen now! Still can't afford one!

old balmeg court Guest

My ex-gf stays in Balmeg Court before they en-bloc it. The units next to the old Balmeg Court carpark is haunted. It is up to you to believe me and a number of years back, a boy drowned in that small pool of Balmeg Court. Just search the news archives if you don't believe me. I remember location wise, it is a nice place with nice view except the damn slope up if you are still a student or do not own a car! Which was true at that time when i was still studying.

http://www.getforme.com/Thingsyoushouldknow.htm

"An 18-year-old youth, Mr Lee Poh Poh, drowned in a pool at Balmeg Court on 27 Feb 2000."

lol.. so is it really haunted?

Quote Originally Posted by old balmeg court
    My ex-gf stays in Balmeg Court before they en-bloc it. The units next to the old Balmeg Court carpark is haunted. It is up to you to believe me and a number of years back, a boy drowned in that small pool of Balmeg Court. Just search the news archives if you don't believe me. I remember location wise, it is a nice place with nice view except the damn slope up if you are still a student or do not own a car! Which was true at that time when i was still studying.
    Man drowns, friend in hospital after condo swim.
    By JULYN KANG.
    363 words
    29 February 2000
    Straits Times
    English

AN 18-YEAR-OLD youth drowned and his 21-year-old friend is now unconscious in hospital after they went for a swim at a condominium pool on Sunday evening.
    Police said that the victim, Mr Lee Poh Poh, was an unemployed Malaysian who was living with his godfather at Balmeg Court, off Pasir Panjang Road.
    It was learnt that the unconscious woman, Ms Teow Lay Khuen, is from Mr Lee's hometown of Teluk Intan in Perak.
    Police said Mr Lee had invited her and another unidentified woman to join him for a swim in the pool at about 6 pm on Sunday. The three of them had been in the water for a while before they drifted to the deep end of the pool, which has a depth of 2.1 m.
    Suddenly, they ran into difficulties and started struggling in the water.
    One of the women managed to swim to the edge of the pool and climb out safely.
    She told the police that when she turned around to look for her friends, she saw that Mr Lee was still struggling but the other woman was already motionless.
    She grabbed two life buoys and threw them towards her friends but to no avail. Mr Lee could not get a grip on the buoy and sank.
    Seeing him go under, she started to scream for help and this attracted the attention of another woman - an unidentified resident of the condominium.
    This resident managed to pull both of them, already unconscious, out of the pool and apply cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
    Police said Ms Teow responded to the CPR, and was taken together with Mr Lee in an ambulance to the National University Hospital. Mr Lee died there at about 9.20 pm and Ms Teow was warded in the intensive care unit. She has not regained consciousness and it is understood that her condition is critical.
    Mr Lee's godfather declined to be interviewed when approached at the condominium yesterday. Police are appealing for eyewitnesses to contact the Clementi Police Division on 774-0000.

HOLY SH!T Guest

Holy sh!t, water ghosts are fierce

GhostBuster Guest

Anyone know if the drowned woman survived?
    If so, has she and the other female friend of her had given an account of the incident?

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    Man drowns, friend in hospital after condo swim.
    By JULYN KANG.
    363 words
    29 February 2000
    Straits Times
    English

AN 18-YEAR-OLD youth drowned and his 21-year-old friend is now unconscious in hospital after they went for a swim at a condominium pool on Sunday evening.
    Police said that the victim, Mr Lee Poh Poh, was an unemployed Malaysian who was living with his godfather at Balmeg Court, off Pasir Panjang Road.
    It was learnt that the unconscious woman, Ms Teow Lay Khuen, is from Mr Lee's hometown of Teluk Intan in Perak.
    Police said Mr Lee had invited her and another unidentified woman to join him for a swim in the pool at about 6 pm on Sunday. The three of them had been in the water for a while before they drifted to the deep end of the pool, which has a depth of 2.1 m.
    Suddenly, they ran into difficulties and started struggling in the water.
    One of the women managed to swim to the edge of the pool and climb out safely.
    She told the police that when she turned around to look for her friends, she saw that Mr Lee was still struggling but the other woman was already motionless.
    She grabbed two life buoys and threw them towards her friends but to no avail. Mr Lee could not get a grip on the buoy and sank.
    Seeing him go under, she started to scream for help and this attracted the attention of another woman - an unidentified resident of the condominium.
    This resident managed to pull both of them, already unconscious, out of the pool and apply cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
    Police said Ms Teow responded to the CPR, and was taken together with Mr Lee in an ambulance to the National University Hospital. Mr Lee died there at about 9.20 pm and Ms Teow was warded in the intensive care unit. She has not regained consciousness and it is understood that her condition is critical.
    Mr Lee's godfather declined to be interviewed when approached at the condominium yesterday. Police are appealing for eyewitnesses to contact the Clementi Police Division on 774-0000.

Default 11 buyers from September 2008 backed out....

From URA report of September 2008 sale, 47 buyers caveated their purchases.

In October 2008, an additional 8 units were sold. But the units sold now shows 44.

It can only be construed that 11 buyers backed out when faced with 2nd payment of 15% of purchase price.

Yes, this was confirmed in 1 of the newspaper articles over the past day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Estate Pundit
    From URA report of September 2008 sale, 47 buyers caveated their purchases.

In October 2008, an additional 8 units were sold. But the units sold now shows 44.

It can only be construed that 11 buyers backed out when faced with 2nd payment of 15% of purchase price.

anyone has any takes on this condo?

I went to see it again last weekend, still in love with it.

1k psf... my gut feel is that it is a little bit on the high side for a pasir Panjang project...

Good units with Seaview are all taken...

oh.. i love those balconies!

Quote Originally Posted by pweesng

1k psf... my gut feel is that it is a little bit on the high side for a pasir Panjang project...

2 units over at the Grandhill are available. One penthouse, one 3 bedroom. Both on extreme sides. Both have full sea view.

i also fell in love with the view, the wind, the air when i was there so i thought hey since there are these 2 units over at Grandhill (agent said only 3 years old), why not take a look.

Well... i was really disappointed at the layout because the place is very small and interestingly, the 3 bedroom's master bedroom is beside the living so both can face the sea. It's weird when guests can see inside the master bedroom like that.

Place very cramp and disappointed me enough to say not worth to pay so much just for view when the place is like that. Penthouse don't have tub in the toilet, but got one open air jacuzzi. Well, i can't really bubble soak in the jacuzzi so i was disappointed that i can't come home to R&R. Also project 3 years old, cuz of the sea air, everything looks quite run down.

So, you may wanna do your own research and check out the place so you can get a better feel of what it will be like staying at Peak (though i know not apple to apple but just get a feel). The agent's banners on the penthouse unit.

Quote Originally Posted by tericia
    2 units over at the Grandhill are available. One penthouse, one 3 bedroom. Both on extreme sides. Both have full sea view.

i also fell in love with the view, the wind, the air when i was there so i thought hey since there are these 2 units over at Grandhill (agent said only 3 years old), why not take a look.

Well... i was really disappointed at the layout because the place is very small and interestingly, the 3 bedroom's master bedroom is beside the living so both can face the sea. It's weird when guests can see inside the master bedroom like that.

Place very cramp and disappointed me enough to say not worth to pay so much just for view when the place is like that. Penthouse don't have tub in the toilet, but got one open air jacuzzi. Well, i can't really bubble soak in the jacuzzi so i was disappointed that i can't come home to R&R. Also project 3 years old, cuz of the sea air, everything looks quite run down.

So, you may wanna do your own research and check out the place so you can get a better feel of what it will be like staying at Peak (though i know not apple to apple but just get a feel). The agent's banners on the penthouse unit.
    there s a PH at Grandhill that from 2007-2008 changed hand 2-3 times ..
    if you like the view and breeze from Grandhill .. i suspect Balmeg will be better ..
    in fact i have been to a top flloor unit at KentView .. its even better .. i really missed it in 2007 1300 sqft for 900k , i passed on it becos it was original condition but the view and breeze all yr thru is unmatched ..

Default penthouse

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    there s a PH at Grandhill that from 2007-2008 changed hand 2-3 times ..
    if you like the view and breeze from Grandhill .. i suspect Balmeg will be better ..
    in fact i have been to a top flloor unit at KentView .. its even better .. i really missed it in 2007 1300 sqft for 900k , i passed on it becos it was original condition but the view and breeze all yr thru is unmatched ..
    My in laws now are staying at a penthouse. The main issue everyone should consider is the penthouse or top floor is very hot from noon onwards regardless north, south, east, west facing as the sun's beating down on the roof. The air con bill's really high.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by pweesng

Visited the show flat as well. This is a beautiful place to my standard. Judging from the price offered by developer, I believed its on the high side due to the overall quantum around $1.5m. Yet there are still buyers. With this kind of price, these buyers could possibility buy a smaller/similar unit at D11 or even smaller ones at D10 & 9. So obviously, buyer who bought this unit are:

1) own stay since units have bigger sizes.
    2) long term investment say 20 years?
    3) hopefully the plot ratio will change from 1.4 to 2.1 where there will be en bloc potential to built another 300 units at the peak?
    4) The hill is really steep so I am very sure its gonna to be exclusive.

I guess those rich people are too busy earning money so we receive very few inputs from them in this forum. I hope to see more inputs to understand why it really worth buying at $1000 psf or should it be at $850 psf instead? (Sure all grab if at $850?) In fact the developer first launched in 4th quarter 08 and recently in June/July 09. However, there is no change in price still.

Can anyone guess what will be the price upon TOP. :-)

Default Latest Caveat for the Peak@Balmeg.

Project NameStreet NameTypeNo. of UnitsPrice
    ($)Land/
    Floor Area (Sqft)Type of AreaUnit Price ($psf)Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement SignedTHE PEAK@BALMEG BALMEG HILLCondominium11,520,0001,507Strata1,009Jul-09THE PEAK@BALMEG BALMEG HILLCondominium11,894,0001,755Strata1,079Jul-09THE PEAK@BALMEG BALMEG HILLCondominium11,897,0001,755Strata1,081Jul-09THE PEAK@BALMEG BALMEG HILLCondominium11,558,0001,507Strata1,034Jul-09THE PEAK@BALMEG BALMEG HILLCondominium11,508,0001,507Strata1,001Jul-09THE PEAK@BALMEG BALMEG HILLCondominium11,566,0001,507Strata1,039Jul-09THE PEAK@BALMEG BALMEG HILLCondominium1997,000990Strata1,007Jun-09THE PEAK@BALMEG BALMEG HILLCondominium11,558,0001,507Strata1,034Jun-09THE PEAK@BALMEG BALMEG HILLCondominium1943,000990Strata952Jun-09THE PEAK@BALMEG BALMEG HILLCondominium11,675,0001,507Strata1,112Jun-09

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Visited the show flat as well. This is a beautiful place to my standard. Judging from the price offered by developer, I believed its on the high side due to the overall quantum around $1.5m. Yet there are still buyers. With this kind of price, these buyers could possibility buy a smaller/similar unit at D11 or even smaller ones at D10 & 9. So obviously, buyer who bought this unit are:

1) own stay since units have bigger sizes.
    2) long term investment say 20 years?
    3) hopefully the plot ratio will change from 1.4 to 2.1 where there will be en bloc potential to built another 300 units at the peak?
    4) The hill is really steep so I am very sure its gonna to be exclusive.

I guess those rich people are too busy earning money so we receive very few inputs from them in this forum. I hope to see more inputs to understand why it really worth buying at $1000 psf or should it be at $850 psf instead? (Sure all grab if at $850?) In fact the developer first launched in 4th quarter 08 and recently in June/July 09. However, there is no change in price still.

Can anyone guess what will be the price upon TOP. :-)
    Immediate environment to the development is nice but not the view to the sea. Just too risky to be too close to those white tanks out there.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Immediate environment to the development is nice but not the view to the sea. Just too risky to be too close to those white tanks out there.
    in that case ..all the condos at pasir panjang is not worth buying ...

why Parc imperial can be a sold out at 1000 psf and higher ?