Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Peak @ Balmeg (D5, Freehold, MCL Land)

Default Room Layout?

Could it be partly due to room layout? The rooms of the Peak is rather small while Horizon Residence rooms are relatively big.
    ... or FEO advertisment? The Peak is no longer advertised by MCL, but Horizon Residence is frequently advertised on newspapers.
    ... lack of supply? There are about 40 odds units of 3 bedders in Horizon Residence, but there are around 200 units of 3 bedders in The Peak.
    ... timing? The Peak was launched during financial crisis at around 900 psf (the highest price in that area at that time), but Horizon was launched at the new market boom at 1500 psf. So the profit for the 1st owners are similar (1300 - 900 for The Peak, and 1700 - 1500 for Horizon).

Just read the Austrian School of Economics: Price is SUBJECTIVE.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles...-economics.asp

Thanks,
    Richard

I'm surprised both are still not fully sold despite being launched for so long and having an MRT nearby. Most likely it is due to the lack of amenities like food center, shopping mall, and vibrancy in the area.

They buy mm,s nearby

Default Schools

No schools nearby. But the Peak is almost fully sold. The price we are talking are re-sell.

Thanks,
    Richard

Sorry sidetrack a bit, what you guys think of the capital appreciation potential of Harbourlights, which has more amenities nearby as compared to Peak@Balmeg?

Quote Originally Posted by yeo
    Sorry sidetrack a bit, what you guys think of the capital appreciation potential of Harbourlights, which has more amenities nearby as compared to Peak@Balmeg?
    latest transaction had shown a firesale

68 Telok Blangah Road #04-05
    Freehold
    $1126
    $1030k
    04 Nov 10

very good buy...BUT cannot find such deals one....majority asking 13xx-14xxpsf now leh

even for this new buyer....let say 3.5k rental which only gives about 4% yield...decent but not fantastic

Hi DP,

Thx for your reply. Yes I saw that transaction too but then I scroll down to previous older transactions for that same stack 5 and found that in fact this is a 818 sq ft size, not 919.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    latest transaction had shown a firesale

68 Telok Blangah Road #04-05
    Freehold
    $1126
    $1030k
    04 Nov 10

very good buy...BUT cannot find such deals one....majority asking 13xx-14xxpsf now leh

even for this new buyer....let say 3.5k rental which only gives about 4% yield...decent but not fantastic

Just curious guy, Does anyone know what Haw Par intends to do with their "villa" beside balmeg hill? I think families living in balmeg hill can bring their kids to the villa for recreation next time

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Just curious guy, Does anyone know what Haw Par intends to do with their "villa" beside balmeg hill? I think families living in balmeg hill can bring their kids to the villa for recreation next time
    Villas @ Haw Par coming up...freehold, beside MRT, unblocked view and near to eateries...

Price starts from 1000psf

maybe its due to the 18 levels of hell there for the sale status.

peak should be 185 units, majority are 3 bedders with some 2 bedders and 4 bedders and PH. Peak have been fully sold within weeks except the PH.

What I can think of is maybe peak is hidden inside and cannot be seen from the main road at all. Nearer to TOP probably someone will bite since it is selling view.

having viewed both projects, dont see that Horizon Residence has got any advantage against Peak except the Price.

Why buyer not doing homework before buying Horizon Residences? at least a 400psf... looks like horizon is overpriced and there are still plenty of buyers agreeing to this price. I simply cannot understand and I dont mind a smaller bedroom with such huge price difference.

Quote Originally Posted by richwang
    Could it be partly due to room layout? The rooms of the Peak is rather small while Horizon Residence rooms are relatively big.
    ... or FEO advertisment? The Peak is no longer advertised by MCL, but Horizon Residence is frequently advertised on newspapers.
    ... lack of supply? There are about 40 odds units of 3 bedders in Horizon Residence, but there are around 200 units of 3 bedders in The Peak.
    ... timing? The Peak was launched during financial crisis at around 900 psf (the highest price in that area at that time), but Horizon was launched at the new market boom at 1500 psf. So the profit for the 1st owners are similar (1300 - 900 for The Peak, and 1700 - 1500 for Horizon).

Thanks,
    Richard

I rmb horixon was launched at ard 13xxpsf n i actually said its a better buy den peak at tat time due to efficient layout n side gate

think Haw Par doesn't own it. its the Singapore Tourism Board which owns Haw Par Villa.

I rmb horixon was launched at ard 13xxpsf n i actually said its a better buy den peak at tat time due to efficient layout n side gate
    horizon and peak@balmeg launch at different time frame. Peak re-launched in July 2009 when the market looks like picking up while Horizon launched a year later. Having visited both show flats, not in total agreement with you, both are quite similar but the balcony would probably be too big over at Balmeg if u are not a Balcony person. Balmeg has less publicity and is hidden/tuck away from Pasir Panjang Road, so not visible and probably no one knows of this project. But the psf price, address and on elevated grounds (small hill) should compensate the shorting comings so the price of Balmeg should be higher in my opinion.

Wat I can say is FEO marketing power.

Just TOP... The wow view supposed in artist impression now becomes errr view...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...he-peak-balmeg

Maybe will be better if taken from penthouse.... .. .

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Just TOP... The wow view supposed in artist impression now becomes errr view...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...he-peak-balmeg

Maybe will be better if taken from penthouse.... .. .
    the errr view IMO is what view? Can hardly see leh...saw the big ship in the background though

Not bad wor.. The place don't looked very cluttered.

Will it be blocked by any devt. in future?

Condos these days lack in opulence and all the design look so similar. Just went to one north yesterday, building looks just like the peak, parc emily and many other similarly designed condos

Condos these days lack in opulence and all the design look so similar. Just went to one north yesterday, building looks just like the peak, parc emily and many other similarly designed condos
    Den u shd go for high end projects.....

Interlace lor.... One of its kind.... Reflections goodie too

condos like the colonnade will never be seen in singapore again. Interlace is not that bad. I find condos like metropolitan too simplistic in design
    Den u shd go for high end projects.....

Interlace lor.... One of its kind.... Reflections goodie too

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Not bad wor.. The place don't looked very cluttered.

Will it be blocked by any devt. in future?
    its on elevated ground so dont think so. internal units is big and no mms, more of self stay.

Just went yesterday...
    WOW! For $900-1000psf last time, the buyers definietyl got their money worth imho.

The landscaping is definitely good and the whole place is not very cluttered.

And somehow ...the feeling of staying at the top of a hill ... well.. it just feels like staying in landed on top of hill instead of a condo.

Very nice place but $1300 to $1600psf depending on the unit size is too rich for my liking.

But MRT is really 200m.. Walkign distance really.

Very tempted to buy..but alas..no money

I agree this is by far one of the best dev top this yr with nice landscaping n quality furnishing

Wat is 1bedder asking px?

Just went yesterday...
    WOW! For $900-1000psf last time, the buyers definietyl got their money worth imho.

And somehow ...the feeling of staying at the top of a hill ... well.. it just feels like staying in landed on top of hill instead of a condo.

Very nice place but $1300 to $1600psf depending on the unit size is too rich for my liking.

dun think there are studio units for this regular size development

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    dun think there are studio units for this regular size development
    There are only 18 units and all facing not desirable compared to the rest. Asking 1500psf for now for 2 bedders. There is no 1 bedder.

Comparing the brochures and the actual built, this is not an overstatement. The club house overlooking the swimming and sea make u feel that you are on top of everything.

Those pics in property guru don't really speak the truth. You got to view it with your own eyes.

The price is still reasonable. Most of the owners are not in the hurry to sell. You cannot get a replacement unit at this price with this view and near mrt.

I think this is one of the under value project.

The unit are almost defect free. The developer really take pride in building this project. I cannot find any obvious defects at.

The main contractor is woh hup?
    Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    There are only 18 units and all facing not desirable compared to the rest. Asking 1500psf for now for 2 bedders. There is no 1 bedder.

Comparing the brochures and the actual built, this is not an overstatement. The club house overlooking the swimming and sea make u feel that you are on top of everything.

Those pics in property guru don't really speak the truth. You got to view it with your own eyes.

The price is still reasonable. Most of the owners are not in the hurry to sell. You cannot get a replacement unit at this price with this view and near mrt.

I think this is one of the under value project.

The unit are almost defect free. The developer really take pride in building this project. I cannot find any obvious defects at.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    The main contractor is woh hup?
    Frankly also not sure. Hide one corner never have a chance to see the board during construction stage. Now it's gone. Maybe can ask...

[They work on Capitaland;s project (Interlace) and Keppel (Reflection). QUOTE=rattydrama]Frankly also not sure. Hide one corner never have a chance to see the board during construction stage. Now it's gone. Maybe can ask...[/QUOTE]

Just went yesterday...

u sure no $$....or jus not willing to pay

no transaction after TOP.....strange....cant sell? px too high?