Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Lakepoint Condo - Enbloc Potential

Default Plenty Of Land

Tis Jurong Lake Idea.. Moot by the govt.. Main idea is to sell their landbank (cheap cheap) at river valley prices ! Thus, you take a look there.. There is plenty of state own land there !
    Why go through the process of enbloc and buy high and faced legal problems etc ?? Developers not stupid .. Land not enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by hotswill88
    En bloc no more.....hahahah......................
    Has that not been the case for almost a year now? They ran out of time to get a buyer..... heck I think they didn't even get a lawyer, although this is hard to verify as they didn't send out any updates that I am aware of.

The government land sale of the plot next to the caspian is the final death knell to this idea........ as I have been saying for some time now. Plenty land nearby, why would a developer buy from a complicated enbloc process rather than cheap and easy empty lot sale?

Yes, alot of empty land around that area... and even the old tang dynasty area could be used... if they really need to develop, the area near to Chinese gardens would be able to accomodate any plans.

This is not forgetting the empty plots of land near the Chinese Garden MRT station all the way to the science center.

Old developments, sell on hope or no hope.

Default some confirmation

heard that there is an enbloc letter that was sent to all residents for this project. Anyone can clarify if this is true? Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tericia
    heard that there is an enbloc letter that was sent to all residents for this project. Anyone can clarify if this is true? Many thanks.
    I got one. From what I can see it's a real estate company trying their luck.
    I haven't heard of any new push internally after the last sale committee was formed and then did nothing at all.
    Did you hear anything from the sales committee since they formed? They are

Anyhow, they can't start enbloc again until 2 years have lapsed after the automatic dissolution of the last sales committee.

Plus all the previous arguments still stand. If I'm a developer I will buy the plot of land next to Lakefront residences rather than go through a 1-2 year process and pain of enbloc. Look at all the enbloc's that are now challenged. GLS better until land parcels run out.

Those hoping to make a packet had better wake up - usually only the developer wins in enbloc. Ask the ex-residents of Leedon Heights if they are intending to buy a new unit at their old address.... half size + more ex than they got from enbloc, not what I would call a win.

Default thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    I haven't heard of any new push internally after the last sale committee was formed and then did nothing at all.

Anyhow, they can't start enbloc again until 2 years have lapsed after the automatic dissolution of the last sales committee.

Plus all the previous arguments still stand. If I'm a developer I will buy the plot of land next to Lakefront residences rather than go through a 1-2 year process and pain of enbloc. Look at all the enbloc's that are now challenged. GLS better until land parcels run out.

Those hoping to make a packet had better wake up - usually only the developer wins in enbloc. Ask the ex-residents of Leedon Heights if they are intending to buy a new unit at their old address.... half size + more ex than they got from enbloc, not what I would call a win.
    EBD,

thanks for the reply. Heard about the letter from my buyer but didn't know. So she asked me to register her as a yes before the dateline. So looks like i've to go to the MC to enquire detailing about it.

Anyway, the plot beside lakefront is sold. Going to be a mixed development. Shopping centre with residences, as told to me by a friend from ERA. Need to re - confirm if it's true.

it has been coverted to white site in Feb this eyar and going forward it only make sense to have a mixed development as there is non in this vincinity.

Quote Originally Posted by tericia
    EBD,

thanks for the reply. Heard about the letter from my buyer but didn't know. So she asked me to register her as a yes before the dateline. So looks like i've to go to the MC to enquire detailing about it.

Anyway, the plot beside lakefront is sold. Going to be a mixed development. Shopping centre with residences, as told to me by a friend from ERA. Need to re - confirm if it's true.
    Can state land sold without GLS?

Default enbloc

Quote Originally Posted by EBD

i may be wrong but i think someone sold for a new record psf price. Wondering how the real estate company can convince residents now?

My understanding is latest enbloc effort (round 3??? can't keep track) also failed to get started.

Any news here?